Forum Jump: 

#421 of 504 Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
Well... that's annoying! :
I know... it would be so much nicer to have some sort of test that you take that tells you you are going to O a week before it happens (and subsequently tells you you are pregnant the moment you conceive... before implantation)

unfortunately... with how much of a high profit product that would be.... its impossible.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#422 of 504 Old 06-26-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
I know... it would be so much nicer to have some sort of test that you take that tells you you are going to O a week before it happens (and subsequently tells you you are pregnant the moment you conceive... before implantation)

unfortunately... with how much of a high profit product that would be.... its impossible.
OvaCue does tell you a week before you O!
http://www.zetek.net/

I do not use one, but I know a couple women here in town who used them as part of their fertility treatments, so apparently it's fairly well respected by RE's.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#423 of 504 Old 06-26-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Or can you have nothing and then all of a sudden get a really dark line?
Yup. When I use them, I rarely get 'maybe', it's either yes or no. Between that, cervical position, my ferning lens, and temping, it's fairly easy to see whether things are moving in the right general direction.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#424 of 504 Old 06-26-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
Yup. When I use them, I rarely get 'maybe', it's either yes or no. Between that, cervical position, my ferning lens, and temping, it's fairly easy to see whether things are moving in the right general direction.
Well at least I know I might still O, even if I don't have any line yet...

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#425 of 504 Old 06-27-2009, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am so far behind...

MI Dawn Welcome. I hope you have a baby in your arms soon. I am one of those "fade-ins" on the opk but I don't think it's abnormal to see nothing. What opk are you using? I use answer and I started setting a timer. It says to read the result after 4 minutes. $ minutes is a long time when you're waiting and I have has some seemingly negative tests show up positive at 4 minutes.

skeeter glad your son is doing better.

mae seeing my son get older as I'm TTC is so hard

bananabee :

Sorry, I know I am missing many of you.

I had a midwife appt today and they took some blood to check various hormone levels. We'll see what the blood work says.
#426 of 504 Old 06-27-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
OPK question... how many of you have the "fade in" pattern of positive OPKs? Cuz I've peed on these %**#%$ things for four days now, and nothing. Nada. Not even the hint of a line. I've got other signs O is on the way. Hormonal migraine for one, and pain on lower right side (my active ovary) now at 13 DPO. CM isn't quite eggwhite yet...but still... shouldn't there be a little line, something faint, on one of these sticks? Or can you have nothing and then all of a sudden get a really dark line?

Any more experienced TTCer's out there want to give me a clue?
I've had both fade ins and sudden lines... I think it depends on how much fluids you are having, as one time I could POAS and it will look like I'm fading in following by nothing and then a positive. Hang in there and keep peeing!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#427 of 504 Old 06-27-2009, 12:56 PM

Could you please move me to Waiting to O ? Thank you!!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#428 of 504 Old 06-27-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post
MI Dawn Welcome. I hope you have a baby in your arms soon. I am one of those "fade-ins" on the opk but I don't think it's abnormal to see nothing. What opk are you using? I use answer and I started setting a timer. It says to read the result after 4 minutes. $ minutes is a long time when you're waiting and I have has some seemingly negative tests show up positive at 4 minutes.
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm using Internet cheapies... I'm beginning to wonder if they work! : But I took your suggestion today and set a timer... still nothing. *sigh* Guess I'll just keep peeing!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#429 of 504 Old 06-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Looking at my chart; do you think we might have a chance this month if we BD tonight?? I think last month was a bust because I had no CM to speak of. This month I do.
Sorry, kinda silly question, I know.

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#430 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 AM

I am x posting this in a few spots and I am sorry but, I have to share since I am lots of places on these boards. Also I want to say thanks to all you guys for the support and encouragement in the past few days and weeks. I love you all!!

Ok...I am shitting my pants right now b/c guess what???
I'M PREGNANT!!!!:::::::::: :::::

I am going nutts!! I am still spotting but, only very lightly now...I kind of thought something was up yesterday when I noticed that the spotting was getting lighter instead of heavier like it normally does. I really hope I am ok and my body can support this pregnancy. You guys don't even know how surprised I am!! I woke up this morning and my temp was 98.39 and I just knew so I went in and POAS and it started showing right away!! I am in shock. I ran in and woke up DH!! I grabbed his foot and shook it. I said" I'm pregnant and he was all in a stuper. I told him to come look and when he did he thought that the second line had to be darker but, when I told him it didn't he believed me and gave me a hug!! I took a digi too. Here they are guys!!http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...1/tests189.jpg
I have to go check on my due date!! This is crazy for me...I didn't think it was happening and I seriously want to thank all you guys for all your support these past few days!! I love you all and I plan to stick around here for a while longer!!

Due date 3/9/09!!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#431 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 06:52 AM

Congratulations Skeeter! That is one heck of a line!
#432 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 06:56 AM

Thank you!! I am wide awake now!! I woke up to temp at 4am and after I POAS I couldn't go back to sleep!! I am waiting for my mom to wake up!! She lives right next door to me!! She is going to be so happy!! I am so excited...can yah tell???

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#433 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 07:11 AM

SKEETER!!! CONGRATS!!!!! : That is a pretty strong positive!!!!!

I tested this morning and got this
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...DSCF4698-1.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...K/DSCF4698.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...DSCF4703-1.jpg

I am kind of shaking bc I think I see a line.

Whatever will be, already is...

#434 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 07:37 AM

Beloved!! I see a line on yours too!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!:::::::::: ::::

#435 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 07:59 AM

I knew it I knew it I knew it Michelle! I knew it that first day you spotted. Even after the I woke up late, and that's why my temp is high excuse, I continued to chart stalk, I KNEW IT!!! CONGRATS!!!!! : :

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#436 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Wow!! Congratulations Skeeter & BelovedK!! :: What a month for BFPs!!

I'm hoping to join the BFPs soon. I had a good long talk with a midwife yesterday, and she said it's not that uncommon for women to be pregnant and have negative tests. Some women never get a positive pee test.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#437 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 08:26 AM

Thank you so much ladies!! I am still in shock over here!!

banana is your midwife considering a blood test for you???

I am sending tons of to you and Nanette now that I really have some to send!!

#438 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter30 View Post
Thank you so much ladies!! I am still in shock over here!!

banana is your midwife considering a blood test for you???

I am sending tons of to you and Nanette now that I really have some to send!!
Thanks, Skeeter. I've already had one neg bloodtest, but I'll see my primary doc again this week. I like him better than my OB. I don't have a midwife, but I spoke with one for over an hour yesterday at a baby fair. She was really helpful and encouraging, saying to trust my body and intuition because I know what's normal for me and all of this definitely is not normal. She also gave me a tip on the progesterone cream - to taper off it slowly when I decide to stop it. If I'm preg, wait till the first trimester is over, and if we're sure I'm not preg, then I can taper off it sooner.

#439 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabee View Post
Thanks, Skeeter. I've already had one neg bloodtest, but I'll see my primary doc again this week. I like him better than my OB. I don't have a midwife, but I spoke with one for over an hour yesterday at a baby fair. She was really helpful and encouraging, saying to trust my body and intuition because I know what's normal for me and all of this definitely is not normal. She also gave me a tip on the progesterone cream - to taper off it slowly when I decide to stop it. If I'm preg, wait till the first trimester is over, and if we're sure I'm not preg, then I can taper off it sooner.
That is so nice of that midwife to give you all of that advice!! Hopefully your primary doc can help you find out what is going on. Luckily it is not that long from now. I think you should trust your own instincts too and that is why I told you if you don't feel comfortable stopping the progesterone, you shouldn't! It was super helpful of that midwife though to tell you what to do with that and how to so it. I was wondering if you asked her if using that would make what is happening to you right now happen? I don't think it would but, I really don't know much about it. Anyway, again lots of coming your way!!

#440 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I was wondering if you asked her if using that would make what is happening to you right now happen? I don't think it would but, I really don't know much about it. Anyway, again lots of coming your way!!
I did, and she said anything is possible, but talking about it more, she said it seems to be balancing me out, so that would be less likely, although the effects are apparently cumulative, month to month. The last couple days my daytime temp has still been low-grade fever range, but I seem to be getting used to it, because I don't feel super uncomfortably hot like I did in the beginning, except when I have a random hot flash.

#441 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:30 AM

banana Hmmm that is interesting....do you feel sick in any way though??

#442 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:31 AM

Congratulations Skeeter & BelovedK!!

Christie SAHM to DD~10/03, DS~4/06, & ~3/09 &
Arrived 1-14-10
#443 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM

skeeter!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!! : I knew it your chart looked different! Oh, I am SO happy for you!!! That is awesome, awesome news. ::

BTW, how is your boy doing?

Have a beautiful day!!!
#444 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
SKEETER!!! CONGRATS!!!!! : That is a pretty strong positive!!!!!

I tested this morning and got this
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...DSCF4698-1.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...K/DSCF4698.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...DSCF4703-1.jpg

I am kind of shaking bc I think I see a line.
Beloved... congrats!!! : I don't see anything in the first two, but I do in the last.. I'm getting chills because when I got my bfp last sunday, the early morning one looked just like that in the inversion. But I took another in the afternoon, and that one was easy to see. Will you take anymore today? :
#445 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
banana Hmmm that is interesting....do you feel sick in any way though??
Not really, just when I smell something gross like ranch dressing or cottage cheese. Also if I'm hungry and I wait too long to eat or don't eat enough protein, I get slightly nauseous and yucky feeling. Same thing happens if I don't drink enough liquids.

#446 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy_v View Post
Beloved... congrats!!! : I don't see anything in the first two, but I do in the last.. I'm getting chills because when I got my bfp last sunday, the early morning one looked just like that in the inversion. But I took another in the afternoon, and that one was easy to see. Will you take anymore today? :
I'm going to the dollar store to stock up on more tests. I am having a hard time believing it, though it came up right away. It is visible in person, DH could see it

I am going to try and wait until tomorrow to test again.

Would it be ok to test in the afternoon if I hold my pee for a long time, and don't drink much water?

#447 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Oh, and it's pinkish.

#448 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 10:58 AM

::: Congratualtions skeeter and BelovedK :::
SOOO Happy for you guys!!!!

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#449 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I'm going to the dollar store to stock up on more tests. I am having a hard time believing it, though it came up right away. It is visible in person, DH could see it

I am going to try and wait until tomorrow to test again.

Would it be ok to test in the afternoon if I hold my pee for a long time, and don't drink much water?
That's awesome!!! I know the camera can't always pick up those faint lines, but your & DH's eyes can!!! Congrats again!!!!

I tested in the afternoons a few times. As long as your pee is not diluted, it should be fine. (I used the tests you have to pee in a cup for, so if it was too light, I waited.)
#450 of 504 Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Oh, and it's pinkish.
its not pinkish... its PINK!!!!!

and its obviously pink, even from those pics.

YOU ARE PREGNANT

congrats

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page