THE ONE THREAD - June 15-22 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
UGH. Bittersweet, then. I understand. I know it's not the same, but during our 3rd year together, I lived in CT, and my DH (bf at the time) lived in PA still... it was a whole year away from each other, and it sucked. but it helped us to really appreciate the time that we spend together now.

You and DF will have that time when he returns to you... and you'll never forget to cherish every minute you have together! It is so sucky now, but will make your relationship so much stronger in the long run... and then you can be together when that BFP comes!!!!!!

... i LOVE funnel cake though.... well, really any baked good. which explains a lot. have one for me.
LOL not that we need it to be stronger... I'm amazed constantly that he loves me as much as I love him... and he's amazed that I love him as much as he loves me... usually when you love someone this much it tends to be unrequited.

I know some people don't believe in psychics but... well.. I am one. And I'm really not afraid to admit it. I don't like... tell people their future (often at least, sometimes I can't help it) but there's a lot of times when the psychic energy is just so strong I can't ignore it....

The first time I hugged DF (it was as just friends) I had a rush through me that I couldn't get out of my head. THe whole weekend we were together I couldn't get my mind off of him... and I was supposed to be spending it with his best friend who I was dating at the time!

I had always been attracted to him before but the physical touch just sort of told me he was the one I was supposed to be with.

Before knowing me he thought paranormal things were "interesting but probably not real" but since meeting me he's fully in belief that we have a very special connection. I can't tell you how many times we'll open our mouths and say the same thing, or one will say "you know what?" and the other will say exactly what they're thinking... or when he was in Cali and couldn't text me often... we'd both end up texting each other "i love you" at the exact same time...

One time, as we were driving back to Illinois from his time in Cali... I was looking at the map while he was texting with his brother and he goes "oh man you'll never guess where he just got stationed"

At that moment my eyes fell on Yuma, AZ so I said that and his eyes got HUGE because I was right.

Wow I've typed a lot...

You can't tell he's my whole world can you? LOL... I know I'm the luckiest woman on earth to be with the man I'm meant to be with!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
A picture of my wedding day is in my siggy under "Wife to"
I saw that the other day... I love that picture... the elegance of you in front of what appears to be an abandoned run-down building. So artistic!

When we get married a huge number of our guests are hobby and/or professional photographers who are AWESOME at what they do... we're going to set aside some time for them to pose us as they wish and snap pics rather than hiring a professional photographer.

Also, DF's little brother works for ARCA Racing (he has a lot of his footage shown on SPEED TV) and he does a live webcast once or twice a week... he's offered to webcast our wedding to all of our internet friends who cannot attend!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#123 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 02:50 PM

I never concidered temping vaginally. Stupid question now, how exactly do you do that? I mean I get the gist of it, LOL but is there any trick to it. How do the temps differ? Is it still best to do it at the same time every day?

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#124 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
LOL not that we need it to be stronger... I'm amazed constantly that he loves me as much as I love him... and he's amazed that I love him as much as he loves me... usually when you love someone this much it tends to be unrequited.

I know some people don't believe in psychics but... well.. I am one. And I'm really not afraid to admit it. I don't like... tell people their future (often at least, sometimes I can't help it) but there's a lot of times when the psychic energy is just so strong I can't ignore it....

The first time I hugged DF (it was as just friends) I had a rush through me that I couldn't get out of my head. THe whole weekend we were together I couldn't get my mind off of him... and I was supposed to be spending it with his best friend who I was dating at the time!

I had always been attracted to him before but the physical touch just sort of told me he was the one I was supposed to be with.

Before knowing me he thought paranormal things were "interesting but probably not real" but since meeting me he's fully in belief that we have a very special connection. I can't tell you how many times we'll open our mouths and say the same thing, or one will say "you know what?" and the other will say exactly what they're thinking... or when he was in Cali and couldn't text me often... we'd both end up texting each other "i love you" at the exact same time...

One time, as we were driving back to Illinois from his time in Cali... I was looking at the map while he was texting with his brother and he goes "oh man you'll never guess where he just got stationed"

At that moment my eyes fell on Yuma, AZ so I said that and his eyes got HUGE because I was right.

Wow I've typed a lot...

You can't tell he's my whole world can you? LOL... I know I'm the luckiest woman on earth to be with the man I'm meant to be with!
That is awesome Mae! I also feel like I have a small prophetic gift. When I was 17 I went to a winter camp and saw my dh and came back and told my best friend "I met my husband this weekend". I just knew. It was totally twisted because I was a youth and he was a youth pastor eight years older than me! LOL! But 18 months later we were married, and there is NO ONE more perfect for me. no one. :

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#125 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beating Earth View Post
I never concidered temping vaginally. Stupid question now, how exactly do you do that? I mean I get the gist of it, LOL but is there any trick to it. How do the temps differ? Is it still best to do it at the same time every day?
IME...it is more forgiving. I just sort of put the thermometer in there...but had to be careful because its sharper than you think! and if you stab the wrong spot it HURTS! you can see in my chart cycles 1 and 6 are temp orally and cycles 7 and 8 are temp vaginally. The difference is easy to see atleast to me

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#126 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I really miss DF
Mae, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time today. I hope you get to talk to him very soon and that the days before you see him again will pass quickly.

[QUOTE=Danielle13;13958057]

AFM: I'm 6dpo today. Is anyone else 6dpo too? I had a back ache 2 nights ago and thought that I O'd on the earlier date and AF was coming, but my cervix is still closed and I had diareah today what ever that means. But I do feel a tad crampy today. We shall see soon enough!! /QUOTE]

I am 6dpo today too, possibly 4, but I believe 6. I do not have any symptoms at all other than my boobs are sore. They normally are sore around AF time, but I can't remember how soon before AF. MY LP is about 15days, so I expect AF somewhere around the June 28.

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#127 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
IME...it is more forgiving. I just sort of put the thermometer in there...but had to be careful because its sharper than you think! and if you stab the wrong spot it HURTS! you can see in my chart cycles 1 and 6 are temp orally and cycles 7 and 8 are temp vaginally. The difference is easy to see atleast to me
Danielle, if I thought my own chart was confusing ... yours made my head hurt, LOL. I can't make any sense of it all but I will try temping vaginally and see what happens.
Will it mess anything up to start with tomorrow mornings temp or should I wait until next cycle?

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#128 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beating Earth View Post
I suppose how the temps differ depends on your body. Mine I've been doing both for half of the month... vaginally tends to be about .5 higher (sometimes less, sometimes more) and follows roughly the same pattern as orally.

You have to start at CD1 if you're going to do it as your sole form of charting, I started at... I believe it was cd13 just out of curiosity but I continued to chart orally on my FF chart. Next month I am going vaginal only... that way i don't have to worry about mouth breathing or what to do if i have a stuffy nose.

Granted for the next year I have no worries of "am i pregnant?" I'm doing it solely to get a firm grasp on exactly how my cycle goes and what I need to do to get pregnant so we can hopefully aim our wedding date right in my fertile window... DF REALLY hopes to knock me up on our wedding night lol... he says that would be the best wedding gift ever.

AFM I'm also trying to get myself as healthy as possible... so as soon as AF comes this month I am doing an adrenal detox... then next month as of AF I'm doing a full body women's detox. Hopefully one or the other helps me feel better.

I'm also taking prenatals... seeing a doctor monthly to keep everything in check... and trying my hardest to lose almost 50 pounds in 1 year. (which is actually twice as long as my doctor thinks is a healthy amount of time to do it in!) That's about 1 pound per week average.

To do that, I'm starting to exercise again and eat healthy rather than do any sort of diet or pill regiment.... however if the healthy eating and exercise alone don't help as of January... I'll be taking medical steps to help assist me in it. : I don't want to do that.

Has anyone else done a detox and has it actually helped?

#129 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 03:22 PM
LZP

Quote:
Has anyone else done a detox and has it actually helped?
as for your detox - i havent done one. but my sister is about 120 lbs, and she does a "cleanse" about once avery 6 mos I think.
If AF comes this cycle, which : it doesnt, then i will do a cleanse after that.

i have always been interested to do a "cleanse" but am afraid, with WOH, that i would have an "episode" while in the office. too much for me to handle.
LOL

as for your conncetion with DF... i believe it!! I knew from my first date with DH that we were going to spend forever together... i knew I loved him after 2 weeks.... and yes, some of that was probably lust, but overall... i just knew we had that "connection."
so,
Mae, and Danielle - i totally believe it! !!!

also, Danielle and Mompy- thanks for the affirmation advice... i think it actually worked...I started only 2 days ago, but the relaxation maybe helped - if you'll see in one of my pp's, i finally got a + OPK!!!! i did a little dance in the bathroom here at work. SO glad no one walked in. Me, holding small pee cup and a tiny internet strip, dancing and humming. :rofl

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#130 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Okay so tested with SMU and still got nothing. But I'm having serious hot flashes, slight cramping on the left side, my temp now is 99.1, CM is as creamy and yellow as ever, no sign of AF, and I'm feeling hungry and ever so slightly sick with the hot flashes. The house temp is 74 & it's cloudy outside, so I know I'm not just too hot. Just got wind that my in-laws want us to come up for a family party this weekend...I love them all, but I feel like staying home and eating all day long everyday. It may get post-poned anyway. I'd rather put it off till we can announce I'm pregnant!

Wedding stuff! I love it! You ladies were all gorgeous brides, and Mae, you'll shine ten times brighter with your perfect match. I know exactly what you mean about how connected you are and how things seem to work together for you. It's so great to have found and be in love with the right person. Even when he has to be far away. *hugs*

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#131 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 03:37 PM

I agree with the knowing too...DH and I met in September 2007, started dating October 2007, engaged March 2008 and married May 2008... A lot of ppl told us we were crazy, but knowing is something that you can't just explain. Actually, we met at church and DH just saw me from a distance and called his mom that afternoon and told her he had met the girl he was gonna marry. He hadn't even said a word to me.

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#132 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 03:49 PM

DF told his mom the day before we started dating "she's only a friend... I wish she was more but there's no way she would date me."

I told friends of mine just after that first hug that messed with my head "too bad he's taken, I could see myself being very happy with him"

The first time my mom saw my dad she told her best friend "i'm going to marry him" (they did a few years and 2 children later... if it werent for his alcoholism I believe they could have easily stayed together... but while he's sweet sober, you add alcohol and he's the worlds biggest ass. luckily he's been sober since 1 year after their divorce)

When she started dating my step dad... they got married a month later, got pregnant a month after that... have two children together... and have been together nearly 20 years.

My moms been lucky enough to find three "soulmates" in her life, but unlucky enough that alcohol ruined the first two relationships... she was widowed at 19 after a drunk driving accident involving her first husband just after my older brother was born.

Needless to say neither her nor my step dad are big drinkers.

and as for the detox, there's more gentle, more drawn out ways to do it... i'm going slightly more hardcore just to get it over with but i'm a SAHM and the most "work" i do is my art... and I don't worry about getting up to run to the potty in the middle of that.

#133 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 03:58 PM

apparently DD is special too

she just told me that if i take "the green pills" i will "get bad energy and it will make you sick" (diet pills i bought just in case)

but "if you take these ones..." (referring to my adrenal cleanse pills) "they'll give you good energy and you'll be all better"

She's only 3... she has no clue how to read either bottle to know what is in them and I haven't told her.

#134 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
apparently DD is special too

she just told me that if i take "the green pills" i will "get bad energy and it will make you sick" (diet pills i bought just in case)

but "if you take these ones..." (referring to my adrenal cleanse pills) "they'll give you good energy and you'll be all better"

She's only 3... she has no clue how to read either bottle to know what is in them and I haven't told her.
Whoa - I would definitely listen to her. I've heard some of the most profound things from toddler lips that turned out to be absolutely true.

#135 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 05:17 PM

Considering the "bad" pills have caffeine in them and the "good" pills are supposed to make you have natural energy created by your own body when you're done with them... yes I'm listening to her! LOL

oh and I'm also going through and playing more with pictures from up in St. Ignace

here's my gorgeous Fiance in front of a gorgeous sunset over the gorgeous bay the cabin we rented sat on the shore of: http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs48/i/20...by_psivamp.jpg

#136 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 05:20 PM

Mae What a beautiful picture! It looks like an amazing place!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#137 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 05:23 PM

It really was! It was the first vacation I've been on that actually FELT like a vacation! So very relaxing and beautiful and fun... and the best part is that it was relaxing and fun even WITH the in-laws-to-be there which means I'm going to love being a part of his family!

#138 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 05:29 PM

Mae That is certainly a plus!! it stinks having in laws who don't like you or you don't like...trust me...I know!! You're a great person though! How could they not like you? I am also sure they see just how much you love DF. It is unmistakable! It sound like you guys are really meant for each other!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#139 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 PM

I caved and took a Clearblue Digital and it was negative (or not pregnant, as it says). So now its just a waiting game for AF to show up. Pfft.

Jen, Mom to DS (8) , DD (5) & Alli
(1-04) (8-09)
#140 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 06:24 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer76 View Post
I caved and took a Clearblue Digital and it was negative (or not pregnant, as it says). So now its just a waiting game for AF to show up. Pfft.

Jen, its not over until AF actually shows... keep positive thoughts, just in case!!!!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#141 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
All right, as long as we're sharing wedding photos...

http://gap4design.com/wedding/

:3

I'd write more but my DH is crashed out with a headache and the comps are here in the bedroom so I must be quiet! <3 to you all!

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
#142 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 09:14 PM

Mae: I love the dress and the kitten heels!!
Grapes: that is a fantastic story about how you met!
Thanks to everyone for sharing the wedding photos... it's nice to know that people are actually real!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#143 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 PM

Ok ok so you twisted my arm, LOL
Here are my wedding pics too
Pt#1
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=bc98bdebda
Pt#2
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=3ca1a5569e
Reception (yes it was a costume party)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=7145b7b3d1

#144 of 504 Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
I just got a positive OP strip! And I didnt spill pee on my hand like yesterday! Today is already looking up!

i wish i had a camera, this is almost as exciting as getting a BFP for me... i'm not broken!
(how sad is that...?)

How is everyone elses' day going?!
LZP.... congratulations!!! That's so awesome, now you can start visualizing implantation!

Quote:
I really miss DF

When he was here he'd claimed "thermometer duty" meaning when he realized both of us were awake he would grab my thermometer, turn it on, and hand it to me (afraid to put it in my mouth cuz he might hurt me)

Granted thermometer duty is why he's the reason we lost my old trusty thermometer.

I also miss getting to snuggle with him in the mornings and talk about how we can't wait to have a time when we can't snuggle in the mornings because baby's gonna be feeding...

this sucks so hardcore.
Mae...

Danielle... congrats on the great financial news!!!

How sweet that you all are sharing wedding pics... today's my anniversary, I think we'll go look at our wedding dvd slideshow now!
#145 of 504 Old 06-19-2009, 10:07 AM

Hmm. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ed54

I don't know what to think at this point. The pattern still looks good, I guess, but I was hoping for a slightly higher temp this morning. I won't test today. See what my temp is tmw.

Okay, ladies, I'll share my wedding pics too. Limited time only.

#146 of 504 Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 AM

You are still way above that coverline, bananabee.

My temp went down even lower today but still no actual AF. She is being real mean this cycle.

(1-04) (8-09)
#147 of 504 Old 06-19-2009, 11:09 AM

Bananabee, our wedding looked a lot like yours--red dresses, white flowers on the girls, white with red roses on me. Love that bright look!

All of you have such beautiful wedding pictures!

Lucy_V, happy anniversary!

Jenifer, hope you get some resolution soon. (And that it's a positive instead of AF!)

Mae, it's great to like your in-laws. Makes life easier! Mine are great. Love that picture of your DF.

Good luck to all of you trying to figure out your charts and plodding through the 2WW.

AFM, here's the picture. Today's is still wet (on the bottom), but it got pink quickly enough that I feel comfortable asking to be added to June BFP! I'm officially "late" now and am pretty sure there are some real lines there.
At first I thought I was out this month because I didn't arrive home until late in the day I thought I ovulated, but FF thought it was the next day instead, which was my wedding anniversary. So I guess I got a nice anniversary present! Now I'm just praying for sticky.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#148 of 504 Old 06-19-2009, 11:15 AM

Wow! All the wedding pictures are so beautiful. It's kinda fun having something take your mind off the 2ww. Maybe we should try coming up with a new topic every week.

Bananabee--I think your chart looks really good. Do you have any idea how long your LP normally is?

Jenifer--: your temp will jump right back up in the morning!

I am one lucky lady!
#149 of 504 Old 06-19-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh View Post

AFM, here's the picture. Today's is still wet (on the bottom), but it got pink quickly enough that I feel comfortable asking to be added to June BFP! I'm officially "late" now and am pretty sure there are some real lines there.
At first I thought I was out this month because I didn't arrive home until late in the day I thought I ovulated, but FF thought it was the next day instead, which was my wedding anniversary. So I guess I got a nice anniversary present! Now I'm just praying for sticky.
I definitely see a line! : : : CONGRATULATIONS!!!! : : :

I am one lucky lady!
#150 of 504 Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM

Woo hoo, HappiLeigh. Those are pretty BFPs.

(1-04) (8-09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page