THE ONE THREAD - June 15-22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the ONE THREAD, June 7th-13th.

:

To keep the list manageable you will be deleted after a month of not posting. If you would like to be a thread keeper visit here and sign up!

Please make change requests in Bold.

Waiting to O
(Ovulate)
Apricot
Beating Earth :
brandyshea:
bublegirl1
Carrin:
first_shot_photo
GrapesBunch:
Jenifer76
jenfl
jjawm
katwomyn4
Kirsie123:
liz-hippymom
LZP:
MI Dawn
NoraFlood
Oceangirly75
oztok5 :
pacificbliss
Peridot83
rmzbm
Taylah
Tear78:
trumpcard :
Tryingforbaby
waylonsmama :
Weissmommytobe:
witchypants:
WoodlandFairytale
YummyYumYumMama:

Waiting to Know
(Two Week Wait)
*Aimee* :
AmandaMama
Angela1435
army princess
BelovedK:
Draupadi
Ivymae
jayemtee
jess_paez
KellyTTC#1:
kikidee
livinzoo
mammaof5andcountin
morganstar83
PatchChild
Nanette56 :
RachelS
samstress
skeeter30:

:DYING to know (the 3ww): :
bananabee:

Waiting for Flo
(menstruation)
MoOnFiReGlOw:

:WTF IS GOING ON?!?!:

:Waiting for DF:
MaerynPearl:

: :Waiting to be Ready: :
•Adorkable•:
Autumnlaughing:
DoulaVallere
first shot photo
ILovePie
jjm91785
kparker:
marinak1977
miriam_bat_avraham:
readytobedone
Rhiyaya
slgt
sleepingbeauty
smartyjones
Spokrunchycon
Stevi:

:PREGNANT:

JUNE BFPS!!!
loulie:
Mompy:
singin_angel :
HappiLeigh:
Danielle13:
katie34 :
momtothebean:
lucy_v:
Geigerin

MAYBFPs!!!
(pregnant)
blondemom2bstl :
Lauren31:
moondiapers :
Pinoikoi :
tinynyota :
Valid28:

AprilBFPs!!!

(pregnant)
fazer6:
fairygirl13:
gemgal053080
petit_bleuet :
ursusarctos

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 PM

Could you (pretty please!) remake the "Waiting for DF" category for me?

I gave up on being pregnant this cycle.

And thank you for making the new thread!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Could you (pretty please!) remake the "Waiting for DF" category for me?

I gave up on being pregnant this cycle.

And thank you for making the new thread!
what smiley do you want by it?!

and s remember it's not over until af has arrived.

expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#4 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM

Oops....looks like I'm already there...ignore.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#5 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread Danielle!
#6 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
what smiley do you want by it?!

and s remember it's not over until af has arrived.
Well, true, but it's pretty much over and AF might not be here til next weekend if I didn't o until cd13 or cd15... but conceptions not possible with either of those O days, so a BFN today = not pregnant, not gonna be pregnant.

as for the emote... how about :

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 PM

Hey gals. Can you add me back to Waiting To O? My cycle is finally starting to even out so DH and I are ready to start trying again. (Backstory: My first postpartum period was in November, and I endured nearly 6 months of cycles every 10-14 days. All tests came up normal, so it was just a matter of waiting it out, and being active here while I knew it couldn't happen was too hard.)

I'm only loosely charting right now, easing back into the TTC lifestyle. We are selling our large (SIX bedroom) home, and planning to move into a TWO bedroom home this summer, so conceiving now feels a little insane, but hey, there are crazier things in the world than wanting to love a child.

I've been reading back, and YAY LAUREN! Woooo!

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#8 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 08:39 PM

Can you put me in the 2ww, please? For the next few days, at least.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#9 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 08:58 PM

Danielle - Can I please be added to waiting to O? My chart is in my sig.

Thank you for taking over the thread this week!
#10 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 PM

Yay for the new thread!! Thanks Danielle!!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#11 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post

I'm only loosely charting right now, easing back into the TTC lifestyle. We are selling our large (SIX bedroom) home, and planning to move into a TWO bedroom home this summer, so conceiving now feels a little insane, but hey, there are crazier things in the world than wanting to love a child.

I've been reading back, and YAY LAUREN! Woooo!
Thanks!!! : I hope you sell your house soon and get a GREAT offer on it! (I also hope you get that child to love REALLY soon!)

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#12 of 504 Old 06-15-2009, 11:36 PM

AF better come tomorrow. I have major cramps and hot flashes. Gack. I mean, I'd rather AF not come ... but if she is, hurry up! I am ready to move on.

Jen, Mom to DS (8) , DD (5) & Alli
(1-04) (8-09)
#13 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer76 View Post
AF better come tomorrow. I have major cramps and hot flashes. Gack. I mean, I'd rather AF not come ... but if she is, hurry up! I am ready to move on.
ditto ditto ditto ditto.

#14 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

updated to here

#15 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 AM

Thanks for the new thread Danielle!

I'm still in the 2ww and trying to wait patiently My chart looks different in the 2ww than last time and I'm having different symptoms so : its a good thing! I'm determined not to test till Fathers day though

:

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#16 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread, Danielle!

I think AF is coming today, but this morning my temp is higher than ever. Can that happen? I had one blob of pinkish CM and a teensy crampy feeling last night, and this morning a tiny bit of light brown CM. I've been using progesterone cream a little the last few days to ward off the bitchiness that makes DH and me miserable. Wondering if I should put it on this morning? Or assume AF is coming and leave it alone? I just used less last night since I saw the spotting. Is there a book out there than answers these types of questions?

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#17 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 08:57 AM

bananahave you tested yet??? Spotting might be implantation???? I am not sure but, I think you are supposed to continue w/ the progesterone until AF comes.

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#18 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 AM

I'm kinda low on tests right now, so I figured I'd let AF do the talking. Besides that, I'm on a life-changing med that is probably harmless to a fetus, but that I have to quit per doctor's orders when I get a positive test. He's not as familiar w/my med as some doctors are who encourage their prego patients keep taking it.

#19 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 AM

Temp suggests AF will be here later today

#20 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM

My temp decided to keep things interesting today. Guess I O'ed later than FF thought.

Jen, Mom to DS (8) , DD (5) & Alli
(1-04) (8-09)
#21 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Temp suggests AF will be here later today
Bummer. But it's still well above coverline....I'm new to charting but I thought that was not necessarily enough of a temp drop to indicate AF is coming?

ETA: Oh, I see your Jan chart is similar. Okay. I believe you now.

#22 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Thanks for the new thread, Danielle!

Could I be moved to Waiting to Know. Thanks!

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#23 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabee View Post
Bummer. But it's still well above coverline....I'm new to charting but I thought that was not necessarily enough of a temp drop to indicate AF is coming?

ETA: Oh, I see your Jan chart is similar. Okay. I believe you now.
Jan chart is actually this month since ovulation only with vaginal temps...

you don't need a huge drop for AF to come, it doesn't need to be below the coverline, it just needs to be a visible temp drop and that is...

#24 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 AM
LZP

danielle, thanks for the new thread! Can you add my chart to the list, please?

I am still "waiting to O" I think.... unless someone wants to take a gander at my chart and guess otherwise! FF is confused.

the drop in temp on CD 16 is a fluke, BTW. i woke up 1.5 hrs before usual, it was cold sleeping with the fan on, and i had a U/S that day that confirmed i had NOT ovulated...

I am however getting twinges onthe right side today... thats the side where the U/S showed the biggest egg(s).

decided to start a new meditiation whenever i get stressed: I CAN get pregnant again. I WILL ovulate normally. My eggs WILL grow correcrly. we WILL conceive soon.

will this help? who knows! but here's to hoping!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#25 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 12:43 PM

Please move me to Waiting To O...

Everybody think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#26 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
danielle
decided to start a new meditiation whenever i get stressed: I CAN get pregnant again. I WILL ovulate normally. My eggs WILL grow correcrly. we WILL conceive soon.

will this help? who knows! but here's to hoping!
The affirmation pros would tell you to phrase these things in the present tense and being very positive about it. (And also not put things in a way that sort of really is just a reverse of the problem.) For example, for prosperity, "Money comes to me easily and abundantly" is a much more positive message to your unconscious mind than "I am going to get out of debt"--in the second message the thing that really hooks you in is the word "debt!" and that's what you end up getting more of! When you say get pregnant "again" it makes me think of your earlier pregnancy loss--not the healthy sticky baby you are going to have soon!

How about something like, "My body is working perfectly. My eggs are healthy and strong. I get pregnant easily and my body nurtures my baby until it's ready to be born."

Just a suggestion! (My credentials here are that I am married to Mr. New-Agey-Mystic Law-of-Attraction Self-Help Dude--he listens to Louise L. Hay meditation podcasts at bedtime every night!)
#27 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 01:11 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompy View Post
The affirmation pros would tell you to phrase these things in the present tense and being very positive about it. (And also not put things in a way that sort of really is just a reverse of the problem.) For example, for prosperity, "Money comes to me easily and abundantly" is a much more positive message to your unconscious mind than "I am going to get out of debt"--in the second message the thing that really hooks you in is the word "debt!" and that's what you end up getting more of! When you say get pregnant "again" it makes me think of your earlier pregnancy loss--not the healthy sticky baby you are going to have soon!

How about something like, "My body is working perfectly. My eggs are healthy and strong. I get pregnant easily and my body nurtures my baby until it's ready to be born."

Just a suggestion! (My credentials here are that I am married to Mr. New-Agey-Mystic Law-of-Attraction Self-Help Dude--he listens to Louise L. Hay meditation podcasts at bedtime every night!)
I'll take all the help I can get, MOMPY! Thanks! Credentials or not !

I will put the positive spin on it... and maybe someday, even believe it! i WANT to... but have trouble believing it, depending on the day of the week.

thanks!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#28 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

LZP: YAY for affirmations! I remember when I was pregnant with dd & she was breach I had pictures of babies being head down all over my house and would say like 30 affirmations aalll day long. "my baby is in the correct position to be birthed naturally and easily" ect ect ect

I totally believe in them. The dr that did my aversion said that Valley may not turn b/c her little butt was stuck in my pelvis but I was so sure she would that I ignored all the "emergency c/s" stuff they told me might happen. Anyways now I say "I AM pregnant" hehe. I got that from a book called The Mind Body fertility conncetion. it is really good, I totally suggest it. It also says when you eat to think about your womb and how your nurishing your future baby. EVERY time you eat!!

They also talked about a woman who had been trying for a looong time to get pregnant (2 or 3 years) and it turned out that when she would ovulate her falopian tube would contract like a if you were to make a fist keeping the sperm from getting to the egg!! It was all from stress. So after like 4 months doing this "plan" she was pregnant!

I haven't got to the whole plan chapter yet, but I'm really looking forward to it! Of course, by that time I'll already be pregnant

#29 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 02:08 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
LZP: YAY for affirmations! I remember when I was pregnant with dd & she was breach I had pictures of babies being head down all over my house and would say like 30 affirmations aalll day long. "my baby is in the correct position to be birthed naturally and easily" ect ect ect

I totally believe in them. The dr that did my aversion said that Valley may not turn b/c her little butt was stuck in my pelvis but I was so sure she would that I ignored all the "emergency c/s" stuff they told me might happen. Anyways now I say "I AM pregnant" hehe. I got that from a book called The Mind Body fertility conncetion. it is really good, I totally suggest it. It also says when you eat to think about your womb and how your nurishing your future baby. EVERY time you eat!!

They also talked about a woman who had been trying for a looong time to get pregnant (2 or 3 years) and it turned out that when she would ovulate her falopian tube would contract like a if you were to make a fist keeping the sperm from getting to the egg!! It was all from stress. So after like 4 months doing this "plan" she was pregnant!

I haven't got to the whole plan chapter yet, but I'm really looking forward to it! Of course, by that time I'll already be pregnant
SO reassuring!! THANKS!! I will start the eating visualisation today with my giant salad. Yum.

#30 of 504 Old 06-16-2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the new thread Danielle.
Can my chart be put on the list, it's in my siggy.
My AF is finally gone!!! Yay!!!

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page