The Obsess Over Every Little Symptom and Test Early thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geigerin View Post
:::::.

8, 9, 11, DPO- BFN.
12 DPO (today) I took a dollar store test with first pee of the morning. All blurry-eyed, didn't look like anything was happening. Went in and had breakfast. An hour later, came back and saw very faint second line.

Went to grocery and grabbed digital test. I'm pregnant!!! Woooo-hoooo!!!!!

Adding you now, do you have a pic of the faint bfp? Obviously the digis gonna look like all digis lol

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#62 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 04:22 PM

Hi. My name is Yvette and I am a peeonastickaholic.

I am currently 8 DPO and it is taking ALL my willpower not to test...
I will prolly test in the Am cuz I cannot stand it anymore.....
#63 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie3412 View Post
Hi. My name is Yvette and I am a peeonastickaholic.

I am currently 8 DPO and it is taking ALL my willpower not to test...
I will prolly test in the Am cuz I cannot stand it anymore.....
Well just don't forget a BFN at 9 DPO is not necessarily a sign that you're not pregnant.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#64 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 05:15 PM

Sorry I posted and disappeared...had to work, call mom, BFF, OB, and MW...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMama View Post
YIPPE!!I'm lurking from no stressers...because I'm desperate to test hoping i can wait until 12dpo! GO YOU! I love these positives!
I honestly didn't think I'd get anything until I was late...lol

Thank you for the well-wishes mommymac, skeeter, Nanette, Carrin, BubbleGirl, Evergreen, and mae. MW says I have a due date of 3/5/09. So excited and really hoping it sticks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
Was also coming in here to commiserate on symptoms during the 2ww for a minute: I fell asleep for 1/2 hour at 10am this morning, even though I slept in till 7. Got up had breakfast, got dressed, then sat on the bed to watch a show until I had to leave for work at 10:30 and then *poof* fell asleep. It was sooo weird and outta the blue. No other symptoms except extremely sore bbs, which I get most months anyway... And only 6 dpo, so it's really too early for anything anyway. But always fun to speculate
I have been napping constantly in the 2ww, and I started with nausea yesterday. Also, while I commonly have sore breasts, my nipples were really sore. Sooo....maybe you're headed down the same path. Yay!

Nanette56....I almost threw up this morning! No apparent reason either....[/QUOTE]

Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Adding you now, do you have a pic of the faint bfp? Obviously the digis gonna look like all digis lol
Just spent 20 minutes trying to get a pick. It's so faint in real life, and I don't have a macro lense...will keep trying.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#65 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Just spent 20 minutes trying to get a pick. It's so faint in real life, and I don't have a macro lense...will keep trying.
You dont need a macro lens as long as you have a macro setting (i have both on my super uber camera but im a photographer by hobby)

It should look like a little flower on your dial wheel (if you have one) or your settings area. Almost all companies use the same flower icon to signal macro (ive had panasonic, canon and a few other brands of cameras and theyve all been the same)

#66 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 05:27 PM

Okay, think I got some pics...

Very, very faint dollar tree test

Easy to read digital test

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#67 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the help, Mae! I actually have a Nikon D200, so I don't have the dials. The camera is actually too fancy for my remedial skill level. I took one black and white photography class in college with my 35mm. Can't figure out all the bells and whistles on the digital.

#68 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

nice camera indeed! I have a panasonic lumix dmc fz28 ... good for beginners and hobbyists. Does all I need it to do. Oh and I have a ton of lenses because I just have fun!

Ive added a section on the front page on how to take a macro picture of their test for any others who dont know... hopefully its helpful and easy to understand, can yall read it through and give me feed back if you have any?

#69 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Well just don't forget a BFN at 9 DPO is not necessarily a sign that you're not pregnant.
VERY true, but it will get rid of the urge.. for a while.. LOL
#70 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
nice camera indeed! I have a panasonic lumix dmc fz28 ... good for beginners and hobbyists. Does all I need it to do. Oh and I have a ton of lenses because I just have fun!

Ive added a section on the front page on how to take a macro picture of their test for any others who dont know... hopefully its helpful and easy to understand, can yall read it through and give me feed back if you have any?
Thanks for the tutorial. I'll take a look at it.

#71 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
That digital one is pretty darned clear! Congrats!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#72 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 06:33 PM

Mae, would you mind directing me to the tutorial? Can't find it...no sense of direction, even online...lol

#73 of 225 Old 06-24-2009, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

It's the bottom of this post http://www.mothering.com/discussions...32&postcount=1

And to anyone that has noticed, if I'm not using 's its because my Firefox doesn't autocorrect that word without one. My ' button is currently broken and sometimes I have it on my clipboard but sometimes I don't. I'm sure you guys don't notice, but I'm very picky about English and it's really bothering me.

#74 of 225 Old 06-25-2009, 10:16 AM

I'm so lame....7DPO and I tested. You know how you hold the strip up at all different angles...."do I see something there, or is my mind playing tricks on me?". So, I'm not going to count it either BFN or BFP, cuz it's neither.

Stupid 2ww....ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#75 of 225 Old 06-25-2009, 10:16 PM

I'll join you lady's!! I've been lurking and now I'm getting all antsy!!

I'm 8 dpo, took a Dollar Tree Test and it was -. I know its early so I went and bought 5 more!! lol

We dtd 3 days before O so I know there is a chance but not sure how strong of a chance. More than anything, I would love to be preggo's. I have had two early loss's. I'm taking my b's and extra folic acid. Now I'm wondering if I should take a baby aspirin since I have had multi-early losses. Is it too late?? I'm using natural progesterone cream too.

I'm so full of anticipation! And wow! A lot of BFP's around here!! Spread the dust!!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#76 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 AM

ok, I'm 7dpo, tested, like every day, bfn, I'll keep testing daily until something happens.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#77 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 11:11 AM

8DPO today....holy ouchy cramps! Either AF on the horizon, or a little one doing some major snuggling in. Tested again this morning, BFN of course.

#78 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
ok, I'm 7dpo, tested, like every day, bfn, I'll keep testing daily until something happens.
Why test daily so early? give it a break, save your money, test again at 10dpo. Our earliest bfp average for this thread alone is 9.8 days... so I think waiting til day 10 is very reasonable.

#79 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Why test daily so early? give it a break, save your money, test again at 10dpo. Our earliest bfp average for this thread alone is 9.8 days... so I think waiting til day 10 is very reasonable.
Because it's the test early thread!

I started testing daily at 7 dpo and stopped at 12 dpo, then tested again at 14 dpo. I've got access to a Dollar Tree, and $8 didn't seem like too much to have the fun of POAS.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#80 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I understand why she's doing it. I'll probably test every day too until AF shows up (or not). Just gives me something to do.

#81 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Yeah, I thought this was the "test early thread"!! haha

Well I am 9dpo and started testing yesterday. Tested today and it was -. Oh well, it doesn't mean anything to me yet because it can still be way early!!

Good luck lady's!! Hopefully we'll see a few BFP's within the next few days!!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#82 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Well, because I can! That's why. The tests were less than $1, and i enjoy doing it, this is the test early thread and I actually got a bfp at 7dpo with bodie, didn't believe it and went out of town for a few days, tested again at 13dpo with a dark line. So maybe YOUR average is what ever, but mine is not. I think you should be the voice of reason on the no test thread and be cheering us on, on this thread. JMO tho.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#83 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Well, because I can! That's why. The tests were less than $1, and i enjoy doing it, this is the test early thread and I actually got a bfp at 7dpo with bodie, didn't believe it and went out of town for a few days, tested again at 13dpo with a dark line. So maybe YOUR average is what ever, but mine is not. I think you should be the voice of reason on the no test thread and be cheering us on, on this thread. JMO tho.
I hope you get a nice beautiful pink line soon!! GL to all of you others who are getting close!!!

Skeeter

- how are you doing?? Are you getting closer???
#84 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 10:16 PM

mommymac So sweet of you to inquire about me ....problem...lots of spotting and I pretty much know what that means! AF is coming but, I did test today and @ 8dpo...both BFNs. So...i am pretty sure I am out this month unless by some chance I have a miracle...hahaha!! I'm ok though now that I have had time for it to sink in a little...I will be moving on to the next cycle and just continue to hope.

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#85 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 10:57 PM

Hey all! I'm sort of new to posting. I've been an avid forum stalker for years but have only started posting since DP and I were TTC. I took a test this morning because I'm crazy and only 9DPO. I was sure it was a negative. Later tonight I took the test out of the trash hoping that there would be some sort of change... and... I'm fairly certain that there is a faint pink second line. I'm freakin' out a little here. DP says he can barely make out another pink line, but he can see it. I'm testing in the morning before heading to the beach with my girlfriend... I wanted SO badly not to test early and be a non-stressor but the OCD in me couldn't contain itself!

I'm using the Early First Response test.. do they eventually turn pink or have any of you had "false negs" since they expire after so many hours?

Will write in the AM before heading out... ::fingers crossed::

Skeeter: I'm cheering you on, and everyone else who is waiting!

Happy excited Mama! Evelyn Isabel born March 12, 2010!
#86 of 225 Old 06-26-2009, 11:08 PM

Oops, I forgot to ask if anyone wouldn't mind checking my chart out to see if it looks good. Thanks

#87 of 225 Old 06-27-2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikelet View Post
Oops, I forgot to ask if anyone wouldn't mind checking my chart out to see if it looks good. Thanks
Your chart is looking very pretty!!! I hope that your line was not an evap.. If the time had passed then it may have been. Dont get me wrong, I hope it was not!!! FX for a nice big fat pink line in the am!!!!

Skeeter, Is it possible that you are experiancing some implantation spotting? How long is your LP usually? If that is the case, then the tests would not be picking it up yet... Sorry... dont want to cause any hope where it is not welcome...I am just hopeful for you!!
#88 of 225 Old 06-27-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymac View Post
Your chart is looking very pretty!!! I hope that your line was not an evap.. If the time had passed then it may have been. Dont get me wrong, I hope it was not!!! FX for a nice big fat pink line in the am!!!!

THANK YOU!! My friend woke me up via phone this morning to see if I had tested yet, just to be sure she hadn't missed anything. I went into the bathroom at 8AM, very sleepy and feeling sick.. Peed on the stick, and within 30 seconds there was a faint pink line. Not almost invisible like the one yesterday, but LIGHT PINK. I called DP in, crying, and he was like, "Is it supposed to be that light?" I replied with "But you can CLEARLY see it!!!" He smiled and hugged me! YAY! Friend was now screaming my ear off with excitement while I was hugging my wonderful man.

So now it's all about whether or not baby is going to stick! My mother had two miscarriages and her mother had more.. I'm a little nervous but trying not to worry about it. I will continue charting for the next couple of weeks to make sure there aren't any strange temp fluctuations!

#89 of 225 Old 06-27-2009, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikelet View Post
So now it's all about whether or not baby is going to stick! My mother had two miscarriages and her mother had more.. I'm a little nervous but trying not to worry about it. I will continue charting for the next couple of weeks to make sure there aren't any strange temp fluctuations!
You will drive yourself crazy and cause WAY too much un-needed stress if you keep charting now that you know that you are pregnant.

If you are going to miscarry, there is nothing you can do about it once it starts.... but there's a good chance you wont miscarry (after all, your mother had at least one child right? and her mother had at least one...) just relax and stay cautiously happy...

#90 of 225 Old 06-27-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
You will drive yourself crazy and cause WAY too much un-needed stress if you keep charting now that you know that you are pregnant.

If you are going to miscarry, there is nothing you can do about it once it starts.... but there's a good chance you wont miscarry (after all, your mother had at least one child right? and her mother had at least one...) just relax and stay cautiously happy...
Thanks - I think I just needed to get the fear out of my system and write about it here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page