AccuClear HPT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-21-2009, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have experience with these and an early BFP? I am sure mine is negative but I hate it because you can see the strip coming clear right when the urine passes over it. But afterwards, there is kinda pink on the outside of where the line is supposed to be but the center has no color. UGGH!! lol

Amie 34, DH Jason 34, DS Jacob 5 , DS Joseph 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bublegirl1 View Post
Does anyone have experience with these and an early BFP? I am sure mine is negative but I hate it because you can see the strip coming clear right when the urine passes over it. But afterwards, there is kinda pink on the outside of where the line is supposed to be but the center has no color. UGGH!! lol
That is EXACTLY what my $tree tests were doing! The color was pooling before and at the tail end of where the preggo strip was...grrr...trust me girl, I'm right there with your frustration!!! :

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 06-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Banned

I used this brand and found it to be pretty accurate, although I think I was testing right around the time my period was due or just after.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Moon- why do they do that to us!?!!? lol Not fair. I have never used this kind ever before so I thought I'd give it a whirl! I am getting the faintest BFP on IC's but it's right at about 3-5 minutes and these are 5 minute tests so I dont' know if they are evaps or not.

Talula...thank you. I hope I get a darker test soon. I tested with FRER too and it was BFN. I am out of AccuClear now so hopefully the other ones will show good in the next couple of days.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Moon- why do they do that to us!?!!? lol Not fair. I have never used this kind ever before so I thought I'd give it a whirl! I am getting the faintest BFP on IC's but it's right at about 3-5 minutes and these are 5 minute tests so I dont' know if they are evaps or not.

Talula...thank you. I hope I get a darker test soon. I tested with FRER too and it was BFN. I am out of AccuClear now so hopefully the other ones will show good in the next couple of days.
did you get a faint line that was uniform, or was it more like half a line? Anything that's not basically one uniform line is an invalid/negative result. A faint, uniform line is still a BFP.

My Accu Clear positive result were glaringly positive, as were the negatives.

check out http://www.peeonastick/ for photos of tests and stuff. I think they have some Accu Clear up.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Banned

Also if there is color around it but a blank spot where the line should be, that's a negative result. As the test dries the color will go away.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I KNOW!! This is cruel and unusual TORTURE!!!

Yeah, I'd be a bit leery too...hmm...well I have no clue what to do! I'm going to see what my temp does tomorrow and take it from there....I'm a day late right now, but I want to make sure that I wait just in case the stress of waiting for it has delayed af!! I bought some Answer tests the other day to take...

Blah! Yeah I guess all we can do is wait and see :

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 06-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Banned

This is why my favorite test is still FRER. It's one of the most sensitive and I never have the "is it a line" dilemma with them.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Also if there is color around it but a blank spot where the line should be, that's a negative result. As the test dries the color will go away.
See that's what I thought too, but the color never went away...and it was before and about half way through where the line was supposed to be...I think I got a bad batch of $tree tests though

Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
See that's what I thought too, but the color never went away...and it was before and about half way through where the line was supposed to be...I think I got a bad batch of $tree tests though
Does sound like a defective test to me. My experience with even early BFPs is that a line will be an obvious line when you really are pregnant. But, strange things happen sometimes with pregnancy tests
Old 06-21-2009, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This is why my favorite test is still FRER. It's one of the most sensitive and I never have the "is it a line" dilemma with them.
Yes that's true, I have NEVER gotten an evap on those either and I have used many of them! lol

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

Moon, well if I were you I would keep testing because I am sick like that. lol My AF isn't due for about 4 days still if I Od when I think I did. You're right, all we can do is wait but its so dang hard!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Does sound like a defective test to me. My experience with even early BFPs is that a line will be an obvious line when you really are pregnant. But, strange things happen sometimes with pregnancy tests
LOL I know!! I just need to invest the $$ and get good tests instead

Old 06-21-2009, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Old 06-21-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Moon, well if I were you I would keep testing because I am sick like that. lol My AF isn't due for about 4 days still if I Od when I think I did. You're right, all we can do is wait but its so dang hard!
Oh, if it was up to me I'd do it TRUST me! I'm officially late and just took my afternoon temp (I've been taking afternoon temps to compare them to morning temps just for fun, but I've found a pattern!) and it was 99.5! Which that temp always correlates to 98.5 on my charts in the morning...so we will see! I think I actually O'd on cd18 though, not cd16 like FF thinks...I dunno! I was going to wait two more days just to make sure AF was late...GAH!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 PM

I see lines...

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
I see lines...
Thanks and congrats to you by the way.!!

I have just been reading online that AccuClear give a lot of evaps. Dang it!!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:38 PM

I don't see evaps...I see lines that are pink. They're faint, but there...I don't even have to squint.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livviesmom0207 View Post
I don't see evaps...I see lines that are pink. They're faint, but there...I don't even have to squint.
Liv, I sure hope you're right!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I see faint pink lines fingers crossed they get darker

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 AM

I can see em too chica!! :::

Old 06-22-2009, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! After all the bad things I've been reading today about this brand it has me VERY nervous! lol I only have FRER and CBDigi left besides my IC's. I'll try one in the morning and NOT the digital. lol

Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 AM

Definitely use a FRER in the morning.

I got very promising lines a couple weeks ago... but they were all evap lines and my O date was incorrect.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Definitely use a FRER in the morning.

I got very promising lines a couple weeks ago... but they were all evap lines and my O date was incorrect.
That's what I am thinking they are. But maybe I am not as many DPO as I thought and I still got some time. We will see.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 AM

Even if you were 11dpo (as i think i remember you saying somewhere) it's perfectly normal to not get a bfp until 13dpo.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Even if you were 11dpo (as i think i remember you saying somewhere) it's perfectly normal to not get a bfp until 13dpo.
Mae, I hope you're right. I got BFN on FRER this morning. On to the next day!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Mae, I hope you're right. I got BFN on FRER this morning. On to the next day!
FF says that 12dpo and earlier are considered "early positives"

IMO not so much but really not many women, for whatever reason, do not get positives that early.

Plus, as you said, you could be wrong on your O date.

You're, by far, not out of the running. Until AF is here just take a deep breath and start telling your womb to do it's job!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
FF says that 12dpo and earlier are considered "early positives"

IMO not so much but really not many women, for whatever reason, do not get positives that early.

Plus, as you said, you could be wrong on your O date.

You're, by far, not out of the running. Until AF is here just take a deep breath and start telling your womb to do it's job!
Thanks so much for making me feel better! I feel kinda silly, but I was having some cramping pretty strong yesterday so I was saying to my hopefully fertilized egg..."come on baby, implant, mommy and daddy want you so much and already love you...." haha I didn't say it out loud as my DH might of committed me! lolol

Old 06-22-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for making me feel better! I feel kinda silly, but I was having some cramping pretty strong yesterday so I was saying to my hopefully fertilized egg..."come on baby, implant, mommy and daddy want you so much and already love you...." haha I didn't say it out loud as my DH might of committed me! lolol
That's good to do... and even better if you say it out loud. If you dont want dh hearing you and thinking you're crazy just do it in the shower.

Positive statements like that help. They might not make you pregnant but they do help you feel better about the odds if nothing else.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That's good to do... and even better if you say it out loud. If you dont want dh hearing you and thinking you're crazy just do it in the shower.

Positive statements like that help. They might not make you pregnant but they do help you feel better about the odds if nothing else.
Yeah you're right, it does make you feel better and more hopeful.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
That is so sweet and really made me smile .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

User Tag List