Charting help? And post-Mirena complaints... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 06-25-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey All,

This is a 2 part post.
1) I had Mirena out 10 days or so ago and I feel horrid. Emotionally disaster. Like really bad, for no reason. I am bloated too, so I am praying this is just some gawd awful saved up PMS???? Suggestions? Thoughts? I never felt like this PMS-wise before.

2) I never had my period on Mirena and am nursing my 19 mnth old. So now Mirena has been out 10 days. The first 3 days I spotted, but I believe that was just from taking it out, and not AF. Then it stopped. I have been temping and also using OPK, just out of curiousity on what my body was doing after removal. Have not had a second line at all, light or otherwise, on the OPK yet. Temps are all over the board but my sleeping has been a mess, so I really don't have much control there I guess. Given that I have still had no period, no idea on ovulation, can't get a good temp pattern and all that, what the hell do I chart??? Or do I just sit here and smile and hope I get my period??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 06-25-2009, 03:42 PM

I have been charting for about 10 months now. I started right before I had my mirena removed...when ds was 27 mo and I hadn't had a ppaf yet either. My first cycle was about 50 days....all my cycles since that one have been around 26 days. Your body is just balancing itself out again. It definitely takes time. I remember feeling crazy after I had my IUD removed. It definitely gets better. Just be patient...I know easier said than done. Hope things regulate for you soon.

Lyndsi~ wife to Justin, mama to Waylon (7/06) Orin (3/28/10) and a surprise arriving in Octoberbellycast.gif

#3 of 10 Old 06-25-2009, 06:36 PM

1. I hear that complaint a lot on this board and unfortunately short of taking care of yourself and the usual pain relievers there isn't much you can do until your body stabilizes.

2. Your body will be out of whack a while... keep temping and charting any signs, forget about the opks for a while... it could take you up to 6 months to correct your cycles... or you could catch the first egg three days from now... who knows? That is the bad part of coming off of birth control its so unpredictable.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.

#4 of 10 Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 AM

Hi. I'm in the same boat as you, more or less, except that I didn't have so much of an emotional crash (though I did get really fed up with DH for a couple of days). I had some spotting a few days after I got the Mirena out, then a period (I thought) a week later, and then, one more week later, more spotting!!! WTF? I thought I was going to be done with all this random spotting once I got the blasted thing out. Is it from the Mirena? Or is it some nursing thing?
#5 of 10 Old 06-29-2009, 06:01 AM

i have a mirena, and just out of curiosity, how long did you all have yours in? i don't plan on having mine in for the full 5 years, it is very convienent at the moment though. i just am wondering what to ecpect when it comes out.

: the sun is always shining here. loving life with DP and DS
#6 of 10 Old 06-29-2009, 07:11 AM

It took 10 weeks before I got my first period post-mirena, and that cycle was anovulatory. If you have unstable temperature patterns, especially if you have no fertile mucus, I would assume you're anovulatory at the moment anyhow- but I'd strongly recommend using condoms as well. When you see the temperature shift of ovulation, you'll know.

Try motherwort for the emotions. It might help :

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#7 of 10 Old 06-29-2009, 07:54 AM

Well, I can't help you with the first part as I have no experience there.

But for the second part? You're just charting today's symptoms. Forget about your overall pattern for right now. Your temp might be wonky from the sleeping or it might be wonky for the same reason you're all messed up-- funky hormonal balancing acts.
Your main fertility signs right now are going to be your cervical fluid/mucus and position, if you do cervical position. Really, though, just using your cervical fluids will put you on the right track for whatever you want to be doing. (avoiding or trying, though since you're in here, I'm assuming that you're trying.)

The days you have patches of fertile-quality CF, have sex every other day. If you see a marked temperature shift a few days after some days of good-quality CF, then assume you ovulated, and check 14 days later for a BFP if you don't get AF. Otherwise, assume you still haven't ovulated yet, and try every other day to catch any eggs. You may not regulate hormonally for a bit.

Just take each day at a time. Don't waste $$ on pregnancy tests until you see a marked temperature shift, mmkay? Trust me on that one. You'll know it when you see it.
#8 of 10 Old 06-29-2009, 12:32 PM

I hate birth control : I wish there was something I could do other than wait. It's so fustrating. At least if something was happening I would feel more "in control" (lie, I know, but I would feel better if I was even having a normal period!)

to all of us.

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#9 of 10 Old 06-29-2009, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the wisdom guys. Right now I have given up on most everything, as the pelvic pain I was having last week is now worse, but still no period. I am going to Dr this afternoon for a visit. Once I get the all clear, then I will go back to obsessing about charting and obsess less about the functioning of all reproductive organs.
#10 of 10 Old 06-30-2009, 04:11 AM

The pelvic pain sounds like a bummer. I don't know if this would help you, since it's pretty random, but since my Mirena came out I've gotten the sense that my "flabbercake" (as DH calls it is tightening back up, and it's made me feel like doing a bit of bellydancing. I feel like doing some exercise in that area (core muscles) helps my cramping feelings. They don't go away, but they bug me less.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page