Is my thermometer broken? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 8 Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
ammiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My last 4 days of temps were 97.59, 97.72, 97.60, 97.60. I'm 4 dpo, so my previous temps are lower.

The two identical temps in a row make me wonder. But maybe I'm just over thinking this. I have the big pink Walgreens thermometer, and eave it in for 3-5 minutes after it beeps.
ammiga is offline  
#2 of 8 Old 06-26-2009, 02:15 PM
 
MaerynPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hubert NC
Posts: 14,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post
My last 4 days of temps were 97.59, 97.72, 97.60, 97.60. I'm 4 dpo, so my previous temps are lower.

The two identical temps in a row make me wonder. But maybe I'm just over thinking this. I have the big pink Walgreens thermometer, and eave it in for 3-5 minutes after it beeps.
every now and then i get two days with temps the same, both with my pink walkgreens thermometer and my old one. Its just coincidence, its not likely broke. if the next two days are also 97.60 then I would wonder, but right now it doesnt seem like it.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/216c0e in the top chart, on the green line you can see that happen at 6/7dpo and on the cyan (blue) line at cd7/8 and 8/9dpo

I also have a lot of time where its the same temp with a change for one day in between. its just how our bodies are.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
MaerynPearl is offline  
#3 of 8 Old 06-26-2009, 08:54 PM
 
az100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also have the pink Walgreen's thermometer, and I get the same temps all the time. My most common pre-o are 97.33 and 97.18. I don't want to steal the thread, but can someone tell me how to post a pic? Thanks!
az100 is offline  
#4 of 8 Old 06-26-2009, 11:10 PM
 
finn'smama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: home...
Posts: 2,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have the same thermometer as you, but I get flat temps all the time. I can still see a clear pattern though, so I think that's all that matters.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
finn'smama is offline  
#5 of 8 Old 06-27-2009, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
 
ammiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by az100 View Post
I also have the pink Walgreen's thermometer, and I get the same temps all the time. My most common pre-o are 97.33 and 97.18. I don't want to steal the thread, but can someone tell me how to post a pic? Thanks!
The only way I know how to post a pic is to link to a photo sharing site.

I'm in Minneapolis (suburbs) too!
ammiga is offline  
#6 of 8 Old 06-29-2009, 11:24 AM
 
az100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ammiga, I am in the suburbs too but work downtown. I am in Minnetonka, where are you?
az100 is offline  
#7 of 8 Old 06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
 
Evergreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Where all the women are strong
Posts: 5,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not in Minneapolis buuuuuttt- have same thermometer and get flat temps all the time. 97.90 is pretty standard before O, and 98.48 after. At least it conforms to a typical pattern, so maybe my body just is really consistent with its bbt.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Evergreen is offline  
#8 of 8 Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
 
ammiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by az100 View Post
Ammiga, I am in the suburbs too but work downtown. I am in Minnetonka, where are you?
I'll pm you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
Not in Minneapolis buuuuuttt- have same thermometer and get flat temps all the time. 97.90 is pretty standard before O, and 98.48 after. At least it conforms to a typical pattern, so maybe my body just is really consistent with its bbt.
I get 97.90 a lot too! In fact, I did this morning
ammiga is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off