Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2009, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
Bwah ha ha, I love this! From now on, this is what I will mean.

Yeah I'm convinced BFN is more frequently used that way

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2009, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
updated to here

Welcome HennyPenny

xekomaya~

kalamos23~ I ended up testing again and it was ---. I think it's just a fluke they are still above last cycles cl .

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 07-21-2009, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This will be my last month as a nursing mama. I have made the very difficult decision to wean my nearly 21 month old. I could cry thinking about it, but I am going away for 5 days in Sept. and want him weaned at least a few weeks prior. Plus, I am really tired of the all night marathon breastfeeding. Sooo...
CD 13 and no sign of ovulation yet.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerMom View Post
This will be my last month as a nursing mama. I have made the very difficult decision to wean my nearly 21 month old. I could cry thinking about it, but I am going away for 5 days in Sept. and want him weaned at least a few weeks prior. Plus, I am really tired of the all night marathon breastfeeding. Sooo...

That would be a really hard decision to make if your babe (and you, it sounds like) are not ready for it. Have you considered just night weaning before your trip instead? I know if you take a look at the breastfeeding forum, you'll find some threads (or heck, post your own) about mamas who go on trips and their babes (even younger than yours!) pick bf'ing right back up. I think it might be more stressful to wean completely than to just nightwean + have that 5 day break.
Obviously you have to do what's right for your little one and you. I hope you find some peace in your decision!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerMom View Post
*HUGSHUGSHUGS* mama. i hope you can come to a solution that works for both of you (and yes, i agree with MM that maybe she'll take things back up when you get back! and/or maybe you can just nightwean first..... but you gotta do what you have to do and know we are thinking about you both!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:10 PM

Hi Mamas:

Could you move me back to waiting to O please? We had a m/c this past Sunday (19 dpo - technically a chem preg), so I'm back on the TTC board with all of you. My HCG levels are still around 100, so I "feel" pregnant; meanwhile, I bleed heavily and have to deal with the loss. It's like a cruel joke that my body is playing on my mind and heart . Anyhow, as much as I'd like to just mourn and recover from this loss, I have lots of people relying on me to care for them so I'm up and running. We are planning to TTC again right away (OB gave us the green light because the m/c was so early), so I'll be seeing everyone around for the next few months.

Hope all is well with you!

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
Old 07-21-2009, 07:20 PM

Soul-O - I'm so sorry for your loss

Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Soul-O - I'm so sorry...*hugs* It's amazing how you can see the potential and love such a little one so quickly. Take care of yourself while you heal *hugs*

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 07-21-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-O View Post
Hi Mamas:

Could you move me back to waiting to O please? We had a m/c this past Sunday (19 dpo - technically a chem preg), so I'm back on the TTC board with all of you. My HCG levels are still around 100, so I "feel" pregnant; meanwhile, I bleed heavily and have to deal with the loss. It's like a cruel joke that my body is playing on my mind and heart . Anyhow, as much as I'd like to just mourn and recover from this loss, I have lots of people relying on me to care for them so I'm up and running. We are planning to TTC again right away (OB gave us the green light because the m/c was so early), so I'll be seeing everyone around for the next few months.

Hope all is well with you!
I'm so sorry for your loss mama.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 PM

Soul-O I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Soul-O~

SteelerMom~ on having to wean hope it goes smoothly for you

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Soul-o- sorry for your loss- that is very hard regardless of how early you were.

I am having Ewcm again-which means i will probably be Oing tomorrow or next day and SO is not here to force myself on : i am trying not to hold out hope that i o'd super early but I can't help it!! I just know if i am not preggo this cycle we have to wait 3 months! : ah well- I will try to just enjoy that time with my LO

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 AM

Hugs Soul-o. So sorry for your loss.

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Old 07-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Oh no, Soul-O, mama I am so so sorry. I think you are amazing for jumping right back in too. We're here mama!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 07-22-2009, 10:29 AM

I got out the big book and brushed up on charting and am excited to start temping again. But how does one do that with irregular sleep? Ds no longer nurses at night but is still a very restless, dependent sleeper who wakes me constantly. I do get at least 3 consecutive hours a night but it could be early bedtime, middle of the night, or (best for charting) right before morning. But so inconsistent! How do you do it? Would my results be so erratic that it wouldn't be worth trying?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny penny View Post
I got out the big book and brushed up on charting and am excited to start temping again. But how does one do that with irregular sleep? Ds no longer nurses at night but is still a very restless, dependent sleeper who wakes me constantly. I do get at least 3 consecutive hours a night but it could be early bedtime, middle of the night, or (best for charting) right before morning. But so inconsistent! How do you do it? Would my results be so erratic that it wouldn't be worth trying?
I'd say go for it. We co-sleep with our 19 month old bf'ing son, and I'm sure I'm awake more frequently than is "ideal," but my temps are still fairly stable. I'd also keep track of CM to get that extra input on your cycle. Good luck!

AFM - my temp went back up today, crossing my fingers that yesterday was an implantation dip + cramps (thought I was getting AF for sure!). If it was, I'm not sure if I O'd at the crosshairs like FF says (and it seems the most likely date), or sometime after that.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Henny Penny we co-sleep and dd nurses several times a night. I just temp somewhere between 1-3am, depending on when I got the most sleep and I think I'm doing ok with that.

Mahna Mahna When are you testing? I wouldn't be able to wait if I were that many dpo.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post
Henny Penny we co-sleep and dd nurses several times a night. I just temp somewhere between 1-3am, depending on when I got the most sleep and I think I'm doing ok with that.

Mahna Mahna When are you testing? I wouldn't be able to wait if I were that many dpo.

Well, I don't know. I'm not testing today, just in case AF decides to show up. And of course right after I posted this I saw spotting. But no heavy flow, which is usually how my period starts. Grrr. How many days after implantation (if that's what it was yesterday) can you realistically expect a BFP?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

MahnaMahna~ i've heard people say you can get a + 1-2days after implantation.

henny penny~ The main goal is to get get at least 3hours of sleep before taking your temp. My toddler still wakes at night and i am able to still manage 3 hours of sleep before temping.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 PM

Mahna - is it brown spotting or red spotting?

henny - I am up a LOT at night and just try to take my temp every time I get up - so far it has been working. I also temp vaginally which really helps with stabilizing temps.

AFM - So I had almost a full degree spike in temps! Woot!! Now to just continue this trend - we have to leave at 4 am tomorrow morning to fly crosscountry so I'll try to temp to confirm O, but *shrugs*.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post

henny - I am up a LOT at night and just try to take my temp every time I get up - so far it has been working. I also temp vaginally which really helps with stabilizing temps.

AFM - So I had almost a full degree spike in temps! Woot!! Now to just continue this trend - we have to leave at 4 am tomorrow morning to fly crosscountry so I'll try to temp to confirm O, but *shrugs*.
Do you mind if I ask where you're going? I forget where you are located normally, if you're going to be in NC we should touch base, I'd love to meet ya mama.....

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post

Hmmm . . . I'd say it was more brown than red. Also, I put in my Diva again just in case (ds and I just ran errands), took it out when we got home and nothing except for the yellowish tinged CM, and the teeniest little bit of red - like a speck of dust teeny.

Have a good trip - are you going somewhere fun?

Old 07-22-2009, 02:38 PM

could be implantation mm!!! ps how was the brunch??
Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollergirl View Post
could be implantation mm!!! ps how was the brunch??

I'm hoping! :
The brunch was good, thanks for asking! Lots of little kidlets in the house makes me realize that we need more noise in here than ds and I make alone all day ds was in a foul mood though - he was so sleepy but there was too much excitement to nap, so he griped and groused as everyone (gasp!) played with *his* toys!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:21 PM

Please move me to the TWW. I've had two high temps, so I am just jumping the gun until I have a high one tomorrow to confirm. But I had EWCM Saturday, so I am fairly confident.

Oh Soul-O, I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny penny View Post
So I have found that my temp shift is enough that it's still obvious even if my sleep is erratic. So I just temp every morning anyway and keep an eye on CM. Like pre-o my temps are around 97, and they jump nearly a degree to over 98 after o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post
I can't do that because I get impatient to read the temp. But I think this is how the book recommends it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Do you mind if I ask where you're going? I forget where you are located normally, if you're going to be in NC we should touch base, I'd love to meet ya mama.....
Hey, I'm an NC mama! Woot!

Question: So if I had EWCM on Saturday, but none since then, and then I had a temp rise on Tuesday, when do you think I O'ed? I so hope I O'ed on Sunday and caught it, because then I'd be due on my birthday. :

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Old 07-22-2009, 06:02 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/128814

Anyone wanna chart stalk me! (I didn't temp though)

I usually have 27-30 day cycles now....not the 40 day cycle like it shows from 2006!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 07-22-2009, 11:43 PM

Really quick bc we are packing and going to drive to PDX tonight -
Tenk - We're going to FL! I'd love to meet you too some time though!
Mahna - sounds like my implantation spotting - just a VERY small speck in EWCM - when you said brown spotting, I was thinking the sludgey stuff, you know? But what you have is REALLY promising!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:54 PM

I wanna get back and write some more to others but quickly before bed...

Mamas, I vow to pee on nothing for 5 days. Someone has to hold me to that. It's getting insane. I have a pile of negative tests that I keep thinking look like there might be something until I realize I'm crossing my eyes and getting a headache. I also have so much EWCM and insane cramping that I'm starting to doubt my O date which, after years of charting, I'm pretty much never wrong on. But this is nuts, and all my tests are negative except that strange IC the other day that I'm sure was a dud. There. I said it.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:03 AM

(sigh) AF showed today. So I'm on to a new cycle with new hope! At least now I have some practice temp'ing, etc. I'm feeling pretty good about it.
ETA: please move me to waiting to O. ty!

kalamos23 - we are going to FL in October! Enjoy.

xekomaya - put all of your tests in the back of a closet. Someplace really inconvenient. Give yourself a sanity break

Old 07-23-2009, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

Burnindinner~ i'd probably say sunday or monday for O.:

MahnaMahna~ on AF showing up.

xekomaya~ on the pile of bfn's. hope you get a + soon.

User Tag List