Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-04-2009, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where do you buy the cheap dollar store tests? Is the store actually called Dollar Store? Or another name? Since I ovulated for the first time (my youngest turns two today) last week, I'm going to be itching to test next week if my LP is long enough.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 12:33 AM

dollar tree is where i got mine, $1/stick. i blew through 10 sticks in 10 months (well, i think 9 mo because at least one was bad) even before my first PPAF 'cause you "never know" about catching that first egg. hehehe. ah, at least they were only a dollar
Old 07-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomacts View Post
It was the same with me Rollergirl! My m/c even the digital was positive at 12dpo, but with my DS, it took forever to come up as positive!! Weird.:
ha yea and know i don't know whether to hope for a bright line or a faint one next time! ah well, as long as it sticks i guess, eh?!!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:50 AM

Totally Rollergirl!! I don't care what the line looks like as long as there is a line!!

I only have 12 more days to wait to test!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:17 AM

Hey girls! Do you mind if I join? I'm currently on CD3 after a surprise BFP followed by more BFPs followed by AF the next day. I'm nursing my just turned 1 year old and we are going to now TTC in a sort of blase manner for now. My LP has been 9 days which really sort of sucks, but since we weren't trying to get pregnant, I didn't mind.

I think I'm going to start taking my prenatals again - maybe the B vitamins in them will help lengthen my LP? Anyhoo - I'm in the waiting to O group right now :-)

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 07-04-2009, 09:53 AM

Anjanette! Congrats!!! :

Welcome kalamos. Sorry for the AF.

Thanks for the hints on temping. I temp every now and then on and off to see where it is. I've been doing it long enough that I am pretty aware of what the temp should be for where I am in the cycle. That plus CM and it's usually apparent, but I like to KNOW, ya know?

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 AM

my poor husband! This mornings test is just as light! I hope he lets us announce it at church tomorrow - they all know we are trying and are dying to know. I've already told a couple of people over the phone. Maybe he'll let me go buy a non-dollar tree test to verify. Are there some that do have "more dye" than others?

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
Old 07-04-2009, 11:15 AM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1106737 Do you see a line?

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 AM

I totally see it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

Old 07-04-2009, 01:45 PM

well then it's a BFp I just got a "pregnant" on the digital :

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 07-04-2009, 01:56 PM

Rightofpassage!!! That is so awesome!!!! EXCITED!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post
well then it's a BFp I just got a "pregnant" on the digital :
Congratulations!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
Hey girls! Do you mind if I join? I'm currently on CD3 after a surprise BFP followed by more BFPs followed by AF the next day. I'm nursing my just turned 1 year old and we are going to now TTC in a sort of blase manner for now. My LP has been 9 days which really sort of sucks, but since we weren't trying to get pregnant, I didn't mind.

I think I'm going to start taking my prenatals again - maybe the B vitamins in them will help lengthen my LP? Anyhoo - I'm in the waiting to O group right now :-)
I'm sorry about af

I'm on cd3 with a 9 day lp too! I'm trying to lengthen it with extra b6 and b12 and starting fertilitea as soon as it arrives.

Welcome to our group!
Old 07-04-2009, 04:17 PM

Congrats RoP!!!

Also, after sitting for a while, my test from this morning is much darker and pinker. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone again and praying for blessings on all of your families. Hope you get little ones to love very very soon!!!

Old 07-04-2009, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congratulations RoP & anjanetteopal!:

On cheap tests - I just got 10 for $6, free shipping off Amazon, and they came in 3 days.

Well for me, further testing was +, but I started bleeding : Can I be moved to Waiting to O?

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
Thanks for starting the new thread!

No plans yet for us. I keep forgetting it's supposed to be a holiday since it doesn't give me any extra days off this year.

We have not told anyone we're TTC. I would get all kinds of heck about being "so young to have so many kids" (2?), and plenty of comments about how ds is still a baby himself.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it to Friday to test.. I have absolutely no patience of self control

Hey our babies have the exact same birthday! I am TTC too and I don't think he is too young at all! It is perfect timing!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 07-04-2009, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
We nightweaned our youngest recently, mainly because she is a horrrrrible sleeper, and waking up every 1/2hour for a year and a half was making me a resentful, angry person. We used Jay Gordon's method, and it has gotten a lot better. He is very AP in his approach (family bed, doesn't recommend it for babies under a year, gives all the power to the parents to decide when they and their child are ready, etc) and gives a step by step plan, which was great for my sleep deprived brain. He does the 7 hour time block without nursing, though we do not set a timer, we just go from bedtime until the sun comes up (ugh, at 4:30 am lately).

http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp

Night weaning has been a healthy step for my family, and that good REM sleep has also helped 'reset' some of my health issues (including my crazy cycles).

I used the Jay Gordon Method too! I loved it so much, it was still a rough week but I didn't feel guilty at all!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 07-04-2009, 08:17 PM

Yay for RoP and Anjanette!

XM, I'm sorry.

Anyone know anything about lunaception? I'm too lazy to look it up. The full moon is coming up Tues, and I will o a lot of times on the full if my body is ready. So we camped out last night, right under the moon. Does that mean it will help trigger my body, or prevent? I forget if you want things light or dark in relation to the full moon for lunaception.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Old 07-04-2009, 10:11 PM

yea right of passage!!!!!!

as for lunaception -- you want full dark up until when you want to O and then moonlight or another blue-based light and then dark again. that's how my friends' little girl was conceived
Old 07-05-2009, 01:11 AM

Congrats to RoP and Anjanette!
XM, I'm so sorry - I'm in the same boat this month.

I actually have a question about it actually - I usually get tender nips when I ovulate, and not during AF. I have the worst tender nips right now, and didn't know whether to chalk it up to the chemical pregnancy hormones being out of whack? Or what... I have had BFNs yesterday and today.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 07-05-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
I actually have a question about it actually - I usually get tender nips when I ovulate, and not during AF. I have the worst tender nips right now, and didn't know whether to chalk it up to the chemical pregnancy hormones being out of whack? Or what... I have had BFNs yesterday and today.
I don't really know the answer but I had full on morning sickness for a couple days there - nearly threw up pouring DH's coffee and everything (and I'm a coffee drinker). So for a few days at least, I would say hormones. I'm still a little sore myself, but ds is also teething molars and being kinda rough on me.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizyellow View Post
Hey our babies have the exact same birthday! I am TTC too and I don't think he is too young at all! It is perfect timing!
Cool! Yeah it definitely is. Just about 2 year spacing

Old 07-05-2009, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

kalamos~ Welcome. Sorry for af showing up

xekomaya~ on af showing up.

anjanetteopal~ Congrats!::

Right of Passage~Congrats!::

Mizyellow~ Where do you want to be put on the list?

brightskye~ Where do you want to be put on the list?

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 07-05-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
I want to hear more about this -- day or night? how did you explain to him? how does he react? how old is he? we are contemplating nightweaning at some point, not in the near future but not in the far future either. my gut, however, is that she is not ready, even though she is 22 mos., and would be 23 mos. but the time we start.
It was in the day. I did it two days. And he actually did really good with it. But i am just really struggling with doing something like that. it makes me feel like i am neglecting K to have another baby and that feels really wrong. So I am trying to just not stress about it for a while. When we find out for sure when DH is being deployed then I will have a better Idea as to what my plans are. Cause if he isnt leaving till next may we have lots of time. but some rumors have been november... and if that is the case I will need to try harder to get back my fertility....
oh and to answer your other ?'s I didnt really explain it to him probably should have... He was pretty good with it. Really wantd milk by the evening though. and he is nursing a lot more now that I am not trying.... so i think he really missed it. and he is only 13 months.

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 PM

Congrats RofP and AnjanetteOpal!

Please move me to 2WW. I am 3DPO, and my DH is dying to have me test now! I have had sore nipples with O this time, and still do, which is unusual for me... I imagine if I am PG, then the nips will just get more sore with time, and if I'm not, then it will get worse (then better) when AF shows. Anyone else with this problem? It's been tough to nurse my 17 mo old .

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 AM

Hi Mamas!!!!

I'm joining you finally!!!

Thought I'd introduce myself too

I'm Tara, married to John...and we have a 2 year old little girl named Addison born 4/5/07.

I'm on CD 3 and waiting to ovulate....and hubby is waiting too! He can't wait!! LOL! :

Here's to hoping this month flies by and we get a BFP by Aug like we did with our daughter who we conceived on July 17th 2006! I'm hoping we'll get lucky yet again!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 AM

SoCaliMommy, I'm going to be optimistic and hope for the best. 4 days of bfps now... I'm pregnant I hope hope hope it will stick!

mama of Alex 10, Aeron 8, Niky 2
And now Anneliese Elena Rose 11 March 2010!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:29 AM

brightskye YAY that is a lot of BFPS!!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 AM

How exciting!! I so hope I get my BFP this month and are pregnant with all of you!!

User Tag List