Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 502 Old 07-07-2009, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question mamas...I'm definitely not BFP, had my mw appt today and it looks like I'm raging PCOS all over again (still...grrr) so I'm back on the metformin, they are inducing my cycle, and we're looking at clomid to kickstart my ovulation. I had to do that last time and got preggo the cycle after clomid, as I seem to not ovulate without help. Argh. We'll probably try that again this time, use clomid to trigger and then ttc either that month (if there's 1-2 egg drops) or the next (if there's more).

Anyone else nursing and taking met? What about clomid? My mw said as long as she's not nursing much it's not an issue, but thought I'd check in with all y'all knowedgeable mamas for my own peace of mind.

THoughts?

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#122 of 502 Old 07-07-2009, 06:56 PM

Theoretica sorry don't know anything about the meds but hopefully someone else will.
CD 13 for me and two highs on my fertility monitor, makes a change from O'ing on CD51 last cycle. My sister got married last wk so we were v busy and running around alot so there were big gaps between nursings, maybe thats what caused the hormonal shift. Who knows!
How's everyone else?
Btw we finally have internet in the house now, so I'll be around the board more often!
#123 of 502 Old 07-07-2009, 07:43 PM

Woo-hoo on the bfps!!! :

Congratulations IheartO and Dov'sMom!!!
#124 of 502 Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 PM

Theoretica....Sorry to hear about the PCOS flaring up again. I am in the same boat and will probably need clomid again to O. I was told on this thread that you can take clomid while nursing. Did your doc say anything else about it?

So my constant spotting/bleeding got a little heavier a few days ago and now I feel bloated so I am hoping that I am having AF. We'll see in a week I guess. I have a doc appt in a month so I'm hoping she doesn't find anything "wrong" with me.

Congrats on the BFP's!!!
#125 of 502 Old 07-07-2009, 09:02 PM

http://breastfeedingpcos.blogspot.co...stfeeding.html

THought this was interesting for any other PCOS'ers who are nursing...

Off to take my Metformin worry-free!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#126 of 502 Old 07-07-2009, 10:35 PM

My cycles are wacky. I thought I O'd on CD 14 but not today, CD 17 I'm having lots of EWCM and really sore nipples when DD nurses. We DTD on CD 13 and that's it. We aren't ready to totally "go for it" yet so I'm maybe in the 2 WW but doubtful...sigh..still waiting to be ready.

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#127 of 502 Old 07-07-2009, 11:21 PM

I got a BFP! http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1107955

I haven't posted much on here, mainly just lurked, but this thread has been so awesome. Thanks mama's!

Still have brown spotting so cross fingers for me. No cramping though which is a good sign.. Congrats to all the other BFP's!

Off to read "Adventures in Tandem Nursing"!

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#128 of 502 Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly24 View Post

I haven't posted much on here, mainly just lurked, but this thread has been so awesome. Thanks mama's!

Still have brown spotting so cross fingers for me. No cramping though which is a good sign.. Congrats to all the other BFP's!

WOO-HOO!!! :
#129 of 502 Old 07-08-2009, 12:59 AM

WOW this is a lucky thread!! Awesome!!

Fingers crossed for all of us still waiting!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#130 of 502 Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Theoretica~ on pcos flaring up again

Melly24~ Congrats:

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#131 of 502 Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM

Morning ladies, just an update from me.

Had/have TONS of creamy lotion-y CM last night and today, as well as some sharp (very uncomfortable) pinching pains on my right side, hoping this means I did for sure O on Friday night/Saturday morning and maybe this is implantation (at 3dpo?) totally possible, right? and as of this morning, I'm very crampy. LOL, anyway, I hope everyone else is doing well!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#132 of 502 Old 07-08-2009, 09:47 AM

:fingerx: tenk! i'm about 3 dpo as well, i think (dotted crosshairs on FF, but temping is hard when co-sleeping with a kid who DOESN'T SLEEP) - i hope this 2ww brings good news for both of us!

congrats melly!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#133 of 502 Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Tenk~ fingers crossed

Yummy~ fingers crossed for you also.

AAM~ I'm 7dpo today and am gonna try and not test til saturday at 10dpo.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#134 of 502 Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 PM

I went to see my MW today, because this our 7th month ttc. She told me that many women can/do get pg while nursing, but that for some, it just doesn't happen and that those women almost always get pg within a few months of weaning. She didn't push me to wean dd at all (in fact, totally the opposite). She was just saying that if it's taken this long, it might not happen while nursing.

I feel really sad about this. I have no plans on weaning dd (she's 19 months), but I really wanted to get pg soon. I'm in my 30's and so is dh. We wanted two more kids, but I don't see how that could possibly happen if I need to wait until each one weans to get pg.

I'm feeling like the vitamin b and the fertilitea are sort of silly now. And I'm feeling really sad and frustrated. And to top it off, I had one friend say to me "at least you have one". I didn't know how to say to her that I want #2 just as badly as I wanted dd, and it's almost worse, because I got pg with dd right away and never questioned my body or lifestyle or anything else.

I guess I'm just letting off some steam here, because I know dh is sort of sick of hearing about this. He's more of the "it'll happen when it's right" mindset, and more of the "right now" mindset
#135 of 502 Old 07-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Hello ladies, I'm ready to join this thread...I've been lurking since April

I still haven't had my PPAF, but I judging by when my sister and mom got there's pp, I think it is coming soon. Plus, last night I dreamt of a little baby girl who I adopted, it was a very vivid, colorful dream, and I would so love for tha little baby girl in my dream last night to be growing in my uterus. After I had the dream I woke up and laid in bed and said a little prayer and invited her into our family.

I know this has probably been asked a million times, but is there anyway to get my body to O w/o decreasing my nursing sessions? Supplements, accupuncture?

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

#136 of 502 Old 07-09-2009, 08:47 PM

ammiga. I'm there as well (Dec. 07 babies, been trying since Dec. of 08). For what it's worth, 19 months nursing is AMAZING and you should be proud of yourself instead of feeling guilty about things that have not even happened yet.

As for your friend, people do not think before they speak sometimes. Until we walk in someone's shoes it's hard to know just what they are going through, and she was probably trying to be comforting, but stuck her foot in her mouth. Hopefully someday she will realize how insensitive it was. Wanting more children does not mean we do not appreciate the blessings that we do have!

Congrats Melly24, and welcome goldingoddess!

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#137 of 502 Old 07-09-2009, 11:28 PM

sounds good socalimommy! i always start testing at 10 dpo. :

ammiga here are my thoughts on what you've posted. first of all, i don't think 7 months ttc while nursing is outside the realm of normal at all. perfectly healthy couples without fertility problems can easily take 7+ months to ttc... sometimes things just don't line up right. add to that the fact that you're nursing, and of course it might take extra time. for me, soy isoflavones have really helped me in terms of ovulating each month and having clearer signs of ovulation. i'll put my soy shpiel below for gg. my DD is 19 months and nurses CONSTANTLY... as much as she did when she was 4 months old! before DD, i had short LPs, hardly any fertile CM, and sometimes anovulatory cycles. i was worried that ttc #2 would be hard, esp with her nursing so much, but my cycles are much better than i'd hoped & i think it's due at least in part to soy.

goldingoddess, welcome. and re: supplements, soy isoflavones are helpful for me, although i might nix them and try vitex or something else to help boost my O date up. here's the basic info if you or ammiga are interested:

a dose of soy for 5 straight days at the beginning of your cycle can stimulate ovulation. (avoid soy the rest of the cycle). like clomid, it binds to your estrogen receptors, which makes your body produce more follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) which gets your ovaries going. the soulcysters forums have a lot of info on it. they recommend 80-120 mg CD 3-7 or CD 5-9.

i got mine at CVS (CVS brand soy menopause), 55 mg per tablet, and took 110 mg. i've been doing it CD5-9 but am gonna try CD3-7 to see if it helps me O even sooner... my cycle pre-soy i O'd CD33 and now i'm Oing CD25ish, but earlier than that would be so great! breastfeeding-friendly and helps stimulate O without all the crazy clomid side effects... not bad! i hear you aren't supposed to take it with vitex - though i haven't researched this myself. i may stop and try vitex if soy CD3-7 doesn't help bump up my O date, but in general it seems to have been positive for me. and two of my friends who tried it conceived with it, which has made me want to stay the course!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#138 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 02:57 AM

Hello all. Can I join? We aren't TTC yet. We will start late next month/Sept. We are going to disney at the end of August and I didn't want to be pregnant for that.

My name is Danielle. I have a 4.5 year old ds and a 16 month old dd. DD still nurses a few times a day, but I have had AF back for 2 regular cycles now.

Good luck all.
#139 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello again. AF appeared yesterday on day 32. I don't know if I should be excited because my luteal phase may be longer or if I should just attribute it to the chemical pregnancy last cycle. I probably didn't even ovulate this past cycle. I had several episodes days apart of ewcm so who knows. But, the longest cycle I have had prior was 25 days. Sooo...maybe this month. I am planning a trip to PA this September and need to wean before then. DS is now 20 months old but I am already feeling guilty about the prospect. He so LOVES nursing. He says "yeeeaaahhhh" when he knows he is going to nurse and is always laughing when he starts. It is going to be a rough one. Any advice?
#140 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly24 View Post

Congratulations! I've been tandem nursing for 17 months now, and it definitely is an adventure . Good luck, and lots of sticky baby prayers coming your way :

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#141 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

AAM~ I'm 7dpo today and am gonna try and not test til saturday at 10dpo.

I'm with ya! I'll be 10 DPO on Sunday, and think I'll test right before church so we can make the announcement if there is one to make . It is sooo difficult not to POAS when there are sticks in the house, but no need to waste them and also cause undue frustration by testing too soon.

Fingers crossed for everyone in the 2WW!

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#142 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 10:29 AM

Melly - Congrats if I hadn't already said!!

Steeler - No, no advice here, TBH the reason I am doing CLW is because I have NO idea how to go about weaning, gently or otherwise. So mainly because I am lazy...Chances are, if you are gone that long - how long? - he might not miss the nursies and wean or start back up when you get back.

Soul-o and SoCali - I am 9dpo today and debated testing this AM, but after the temp drop today, I didn't really feel like it. If I am implanting today, I wouldn't get a good positive until 14dpo anyway, which was my plan. Can't wait to stalk your sticks though!!!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#143 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

ammiga~ but 7months ttc isn't very long and ttc without nursing can take up to 1yr to conceive if not longer.

Welcome goldingoddess- i added you to waiting to catch first pp egg

Welcome Steady101 - i added you to waiting to be ready

#144 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 01:31 PM

*HUGS* steelermom! have you seen the nursing mother's guide to weaning? the link gives a much better summary than i could, but basically it offers all kinds of different suggestions/methods (quick/gradual/aversion/gentle/etc) of how to wean that are also based on the age of the LO. i ended up not being ready to try any of her ideas, but i really loved how many options there seemed to be. maybe you can get it from your library?

AFM: dpo 4 here. last two pregnancies i got spotting dpo 5 and dpo 6, respectively, so am kind of hoping to see some spotting this weekend. which is kind of silly, i know, because (a) not every pregnancy is the same (although my cervix is pretty sensitive in general, so i guess i'm not too surprised that my uterine lining might be too) and (b) i had some post O-pre AF spotting last month (that definitely was not linked to a chemical, we missed the O because of the stupid y.i.) so really any spotting means NOTHING until AF is late/i can test.

but i am irrationally hoping for it anyway! don't think i will test until i get 16 high temps, but we'll see. i have only one test in the house, and it's kind of a pain to go to the dollar tree. and i really don't want to go through all the IC drama, kyim? oh, and i am very cheap, did i mention that?

so anyway, will be excited to hear about all the POASing next week for those of you ahead of me in the tww!!!
#145 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 02:26 PM

roller, good luck holding out. i never have the patience.

so i read an old issue of new beginnings, from LLL. they had a write in question about nursing while pregnant (the letter writer had a 6 mo and was newly pregnant). the answers to that we all really encouraging.

i think my internal conflict about really being ready for a new babe had a lot to do with breastfeeding more than anything else. i think reading that really helped.

i am still waiting to o though. my normal o date is cd 22-28 and i am cd 16 or 17 right now, so no rush.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#146 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 02:50 PM

Checking in ladies.....I'm not sure how many dpo I am, maybe 5 or 6 and I'm very nauseaus yesterday and today, it sucks, but it could very well be pre AF stuff since I've only had 1 AF in almost 2 years now I don't honestly remember. Holding out hope that it's early pregnancy instead. I keep having some really uncomfortable right side pinching too, not sure WTH that could be from since i've had it for several days now.

SoCali ~ I looked at your home page and registered for the thing on there (WAH stuff) and just wanted to share that with you. THANKS!!

#147 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Hey guys!! Can you look at a stick for me and tell me what you think? I know I said I'd wait, but I couldn't stand it!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/IMG_2443.jpg

#148 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomacts View Post
Hey guys!! Can you look at a stick for me and tell me what you think? I know I said I'd wait, but I couldn't stand it!!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/IMG_2443.jpg
Without a doubt, there is absoultely a line there mama!!! I'm so jealous because I want a test/line to show up too (as do we all) but that is so wonderful and YAY!!! I'm so so happy and excited for you mama

#149 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 03:30 PM

I see a line sweetie! but I always see a line... anyone else??

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#150 of 502 Old 07-10-2009, 03:33 PM

hehehe gottecat!!

but YES YES I SEE A LINE!!! very very faint BUT I SEE ONE!!!! do you have another to FMU tomorrow??? for darker?? OH SO EXCITING!!! congrats randomacts!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page