May
BeccaBaby1
cicely_m
intime0
RachelS
SparklingGemini

July Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#2 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What are everyones plan for the 4th of July anything fun ?
We will probably just hang out the house and bbq

About telling friends/ family about ttc --
Most of my family knows. Dh's doesn't. a few of my close friends know.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#3 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for starting the new thread!

No plans yet for us. I keep forgetting it's supposed to be a holiday since it doesn't give me any extra days off this year.

We have not told anyone we're TTC. I would get all kinds of heck about being "so young to have so many kids" (2?), and plenty of comments about how ds is still a baby himself.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it to Friday to test.. I have absolutely no patience of self control

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#4 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here too (I mostly lurk). Hoping to get lucky this month... 6dpo. Still nursing (constantly it seems) my 14 month old boy, had first ppaf in June. If I get lucky this time the age gap between my nursling and the new baby would be exactly the same as the gap between my first 2 boys (which has worked out so well for them). I'm a bit nervous at the thought of going through pregnancy again, but full of babylonging anyway

mama of Alex 10, Aeron 8, Niky 2
And now Anneliese Elena Rose 11 March 2010!
#5 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin_Life

So I started temping 3 days ago and every day it has been 97.70. Can that really happen? It's a new thermometer. It does flash "Lo" afterwards. Does that mean the battery is bad?
That same thing happened to me when I used to temp, and I realized that I not only had to turn it back on but hold down the button that turns it on, and after a few seconds it would show the morning temp from memory. Mine is a purple one from cvs maybe?, so I would suggest that you hold down the on button to "find" your saved temp mama, good luck!!!

I decided not to test this morning, I'm still having tons of cramping, and EWCM when I go to he restroom, and my cervix is high and soft to the point that it's blending in with my vaginal wall (hard to find in there) so I don't know what's going on............AF or O........we'll never know..........until they show...............OH NO.............hehe couldn't resist. Cramps so bad I had to take motrin for it actually.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#6 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

What are everyones plan for the 4th of July anything fun ?
We will probably just hang out the house and bbq

About telling friends/ family about ttc --
Most of my family knows. Dh's doesn't. a few of my close friends know.

Thanks so much for starting a new thread! I can't believe it's already July... this year has gone by quickly so far.

As for the 4th, we are planning a big block party/cookout with our neighbors, complete with swimming pools, bubble machines, and bounce houses for the kids. After the party is over, we'll probably head over to the neighboring Army post to watch fireworks. Fireworks don't start until 10pm however (northern latitudes, sun doesn't completely go down until 9:30ish), so we may turn in early instead. Should be a fun day.

RE telling friends/family about TTC... We haven't said much because our families are not on board with us having so many children already (we are a QF family). Our friends from church and the neighborhood are supportive, thankfully.

Oh, and I finally got a positive on my OPK, as well as eggwhite CM and a temp drop today. Hopefully I'll be in the position to request a move to 2WW in the very near future! We are trying for a girl, so I think we will probably stop DTD until I have my three temps over the coverline.

Have a great rest of the week, and Happy July!

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#7 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 01:23 PM

We are going to Oak Island, NC for the states largest 4th of July celebration. We have rented a condo there, and my parents are going to join us there tomorrow, and my BFF and her family are joining tomorrow as well (in another condo of course) and we'll be there until Sunday evening. So excited and much needed.

Only my BFF knows that we are "throwing caution to the wind" but our families know we want more children, just not that we are "trying" what ever that really means. My work on the other hand does NOT know, I think my boss would be devastated if he knew really. He wants me to "get into the grove" of my territory instead of having more kids (good thing I'm not married to him )

Thanks for the new thread ladies!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#8 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-O View Post

RE telling friends/family about TTC... We haven't said much because our families are not on board with us having so many children already (we are a QF family). Our friends from church and the neighborhood are supportive, thankfully.

what is a QF family?

AAM: no special plans for the weekend, although it's our friend's 30th birthday party on sunday, so we'll be going to that (sushi! yum!). CD12 here, looking like some fertile CM, so we'll be doing some work for the next few days, hopefully, and then hopefully be getting a temp rise soon. hard to say when, though, since my last two O's were cd32 and cd 21.

can't believe it is july already since it's rained here almost every day for the past 5 weeks. ugh.
#9 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollergirl View Post
what is a QF family?

AAM: no special plans for the weekend, although it's our friend's 30th birthday party on sunday, so we'll be going to that (sushi! yum!). CD12 here, looking like some fertile CM, so we'll be doing some work for the next few days, hopefully, and then hopefully be getting a temp rise soon. hard to say when, though, since my last two O's were cd32 and cd 21.

can't believe it is july already since it's rained here almost every day for the past 5 weeks. ugh.
QF = quiverful

We leave conception up to God, to put it in a nutshell .

Fingers crossed for an O soon for you!

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#10 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 02:11 PM

You can move me back to waiting to O. AF showed up today.

We're having a bbq at our house on the 4th... mostly people I'm excited to see, and one "friend" who is an attention drain and manages to turn everything into a situation about her and her drama.
#11 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM

Well still waiting to catch the first egg.... havent really been charting trying to BD at least every 3 days.... I figure it gives us a good chance lol. Dont want to be all stressed about trying yet. Just trying to keep it fun. Expecially since DS makes it very hard to have us time.

will be doing the local celebrations for the fourth. I will also be running a 5k saturday morning. yay.

oh yesterday I decided we needed to have a block of time where DS doesnt nurse. So I set alarms on my phone and between 10-6 no nursing....hoping that getting a 8 hour block in there will let my body know we are ready to have another one...

Cat married 4 yrs to DH DS '08 Early October 2010.
#12 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 03:00 PM

Aw, ammiga, I'm sorry.

So I'm wondering if I'm going to O next week. I seem to go w/ the full moons, and there is one Tues.

For the 4th I am going to visit the fam at the parents'. We used to do a ton of fireworks, but we have to go to SC to buy them and no one did, so I think we're fireworks-less this year. I'm OK with that.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#13 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 PM

hi all, i don't post here a lot - can barely keep up with the one thread! but i am here. i'm listed under waiting to know - i'm technically waiting to O but according to my monitor i'm Oing today or tomorrow, so i won't ask to be moved unless it's a few days from now and my temp never rose. plans for the 4th are to visit my parents & grandma, then DD and i'll be staying with them for 2 weeks without DH. will sure be a fun and distracting way to spend the 2ww!

so i'm wondering, what are your plans for your nursling if you get pregnant? DD is almost 19 months and is still nursing like every 3-4 hours, day and night. (her current request for milkies aka mimi is "mimi-holic" since that's what i call her!) i'd hope to keep nursing during pregnancy and would be interested in giving tandem nursing a try, but i figure we'll just see what happens. i'm having a rough time nightweaning DD, but i'd be much more motivated to just do it if i was pregnant!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#14 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 03:52 PM

Does anyone here do anything to help LPD that is safe while nursing? My lp was 8 days last month, even though I started 100mg of b6 a day.
#15 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 04:10 PM

You can move me to waiting to O! Af just showed yesterday.

This is my 3rd pp cycle now.

ammiga, I'm in the same boat as you, I need a longer LP, my last two were both FIVE days. Ugh. I also started B6. I'm also taking Vitex (chasteberry), but I'm not sure on the dose, Kellymom says it is safe for nursing. I was taking 500mg a day, but I think I'll up it to 1000mg.

Yummy Honestly, I'm not sure what my plans are about nursing/pregnancy other than, see how it goes. If my milk dries up and DD doesn't want to nurse, well, I guess we'll be done. If she wants to keep nursing, I'm totally up for trying it. Also tandeming. But I think I'm not sure yet how that would go, I'd reassess if necessary.

No 4th plans...yet!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#16 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 04:20 PM

fiberlover how long have you been taking b6 and vitex? Where can I buy Vitex? Would Whole Foods sell it?
#17 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 04:32 PM

ammiga - I used vitex (also known as Chasteberry) and yes, you can get it online or at Whole Foods. It really improved my LP PP, I actually got pregnant on the stuff...didn't work out though.

Hey guys, question! I had a positive OPK two days in a row, but no temp rise! Now I have a negative OPK and still no rise? So confused...should I be BDing still? Have I O'd or can an OPK be wrong?? URG:

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#18 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post
fiberlover how long have you been taking b6 and vitex? Where can I buy Vitex? Would Whole Foods sell it?
I just started mid-cycle last month, yep WF would sell Vitex!

randomacts Hmmm, weird. I'm not sure if an OPK can be wrong or not...but, I'd definitely expect a temp rise if you Oed.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#19 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomacts View Post
ammiga - I used vitex (also known as Chasteberry) and yes, you can get it online or at Whole Foods. It really improved my LP PP, I actually got pregnant on the stuff...didn't work out though.

Hey guys, question! I had a positive OPK two days in a row, but no temp rise! Now I have a negative OPK and still no rise? So confused...should I be BDing still? Have I O'd or can an OPK be wrong?? URG:
When in my cycle should I start taking it? How long until you saw effects?

I'm no help with opks... I've never used one.
#20 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 04:43 PM

random, i haven't used an opk. but i think they read the hormone surge that would happen before o. it is possible for your body to prep hormones and not quite get there. i think the temp rise confirms that you did o. keep bd until you know for sure that you o'ed.

yummy, well, i'm going to wait and see how it all goes. if it takes me a year or longer to get pg, then i don't want to stress myself out planning for a situation that may or may not happen. however, if i get pregnant now, ds will be 16/17 mo when the new babe is born. if he is still nursing (as i expect he would), then i will tandem.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#21 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 05:31 PM

4th of July Plans...My mom is flying in from MN this afternoon so we will have a week with her! We will probably have some people over to grill and swim but we will see.

ammiga...sorry about AF!

Not much going on here...spotting, then not, then spotting, etc... who even cares! haha I do!
#22 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

random~ You can get + opks and no O. I'd keep bding just to be sure.

Yummy~ If my son is still nursing, i will nurse through pregnancy and tadem nurse.

FiberLover~ on af showing up.

ammiga~ on af showing up.

#23 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 07:27 PM

Wow! quite an active thread already!

Yummy- we don't have any plans to wean, but i do think I'll try and get ds (17 mos) to night wean before a new baby comes.

FiberLover & ammiga - Sorry about AF!!

Blessed to be married to my awesome husband since 2006.
Mama to Aidan Robert (Valentine's Day 2008) and Cora Ruth (3-13-2010) :
#24 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Yummy- My plan is to nurse dd as long as she wants, so hopefully I'll be tandem nursing! I would be really sad if she weaned before 2 1/2 (she's 18 months now).
#25 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM

move me to the 2WW, I'll be testing next friday is AF doesn't show

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#26 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 PM

I am officially a poas moron

So despite the great advice to wait to Friday, I went out today and bout a 3 pack of too-expensive tests. I decided to cut them in half to make more tests - the first time I tried this I got my first bfp, so it seemed like good luck as well. This time was different because I now have a toddler trying to eat the cat food while I did all this. Oversaturated BOTH strips, set them aside frustrated, used the second test, undersaturated it and then re-soaked it. Stark white. Came back to the 2 oversaturated halves ~20 minutes later and they were distinctly + ... but now I'm doubting myself and looking at them a few hours later I'm not totally convinced they aren't evaps.. Idk.

So totally inconclusive...now I can't decide if I should test again tomorrow morning or Friday - obviously Friday is the best answer and what I was recommended to do originally, but I'm not sure I can wait. This is what I get for not following advice....

#27 of 502 Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 PM

xekomaya- your story made me laugh! I would totally test tomorrow, but I am also a poasaholic. Good luck!
#28 of 502 Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Please move me to TWW!! Will be testing the 16th I got my temp rise this AM! Too bad I stopped BDing two days ago due to a fussy toddler and an exhausted mama! : I am not feeling this month but maybe we will get lucky?

4th of July plans - We are having a party at our place for our friends, family and neighbors! I love putting on parties!!

xekomaya - That is STILL exciting, even though you might have been over/under zealous with the pee!

Yummy - I have nursed when pregnant before and HATED it. However, we are down (before the molars arrived to 4 sessions a day, mostly just before naps and in the AM first thing, so I am pretty sure it will be okay. Have to say though, I don't think tandem is for me but I roll with the punches.

Fiberlover - BOO on AF!!! Sorry girl!

Ammiga - It took just one cycle to see a difference in my LP, and then the following cycle I was preggo in the eggo. Hope it works for you, it actually increased my milk as well!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
#29 of 502 Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

updated list to here

xekomaya~ you can't over saturate a hpt. I'd test again and keep a eye to see if the + shows up in the 10min time limit.

randomacts~ 2days between bd and o is still great timing. Fingers crossed.

AAM~ I'm pretty sure i finally O'd yesterday, i'll probably test on the 10th.

#30 of 502 Old 07-02-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post
updated list to here

xekomaya~ you can't over saturate a hpt. I'd test again and keep a eye to see if the + shows up in the 10min time limit.
Well, I ended up with a huge purple blur that didn't resolve for a few minutes at least. I did test again this morning and have another faint line that I'm not entirely convinced of. I checked it basically at the 10 min mark this time (because it was still blurry the first time I went back to look) ... So now I have 3 sorta possibly positive strips. I wish my scanner was working. I don't think I'll believe it until a 3rd party tells me so.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page