Equate BFE (Big Fat Evap) *more pics added* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used the Equate brand || blue dyed test. (I thought I was buying the pink dyed +/- test ... but was in a hurry to get in and out of wal-mart quickly so I wasn't playing close attention to the box I grabbed). I got a line at about 2 minutes. It got darker as the test dried. It was fun to see a line, but to be honest I sort of knew it was an evap due to the reputation of this brand of blue dyed tests.

I thought some of you peestickaholics may like see it anyway. Here it is:

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y.../EquateBFE.jpg

And just to be clear, that is a BFN - it's an evap or error. I took an IC later in the day, and I got this (clearly a BFN):
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...icks/ICBFN.jpg

Hopefully I'll get some real lines in a few days. I'm still only 7 or 8 DPO. (But I think my odds are really slim this month since we only DTD a few days before O and that was it.)

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#2 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM

The Equate test looks like a bfp, so sorry it was an evap.
Lots of baby dust to you :

jog.gifkid.gif

#3 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I say it's a + you don't know if it's a evap or not for sure yet.
Your only 7 or 8dpo and that could be a real + since it came up in the time limit and there is no guessing if it has color.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#4 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

I say it's a + you don't know if it's a evap or not for sure yet.
Your only 7 or 8dpo and that could be a real + since it came up in the time limit and there is no guessing if it has color.

Unfortunately, it probably is an evap. Which isnt to say she isnt pregnant, but that brand is notorious for thin blue lines like that that arent BFPs

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZymurgy View Post
I used the Equate brand || blue dyed test. (I thought I was buying the pink dyed +/- test ... but was in a hurry to get in and out of wal-mart quickly so I wasn't playing close attention to the box I grabbed). I got a line at about 2 minutes. It got darker as the test dried. It was fun to see a line, but to be honest I sort of knew it was an evap due to the reputation of this brand of blue dyed tests.

And just to be clear, that is a BFN - it's an evap or error. I took an IC later in the day, and I got this (clearly a BFN):

Hopefully I'll get some real lines in a few days. I'm still only 7 or 8 DPO. (But I think my odds are really slim this month since we only DTD a few days before O and that was it.)
well I used an equate blue dye +/- with DS2 and it came up within a few minutes and wasn't an evap. The only blue dye evaps I have gotten were after they had dried past the time limit. That looks positive to me.

And maybe I am nuts but I thought I saw a hint of a line on the IC too.

Good luck!!

Amie 34, DH Jason 34, DS Jacob 5 , DS Joseph 3
#6 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bublegirl1 View Post
well I used an equate blue dye +/- with DS2 and it came up within a few minutes and wasn't an evap. The only blue dye evaps I have gotten were after they had dried past the time limit. That looks positive to me.

And maybe I am nuts but I thought I saw a hint of a line on the IC too.

Good luck!!
Yeah, you probably are nuts... but I love your brand of crazy! LOL!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, everyone... but I am totally sure this was an evap/error. I have just zero faith in these tests. A couple of years ago, when ttc #1, I bought a walgreens brand test that looked just like this equate brand test. I believe 2 of the 3 tests gave me evaps that looked just like this.

I sometimes wonder if different women's pee just reacts differently to different tests. For example, some woman say every single Dollar Tree test has given them an evap. Other women say they have never had a single evap on the same brand and they swear by them. So for me, and in my experience, this type of test gives frequent evaps. I am 99% confident that is what this line is.

No biggie. I got a drawer full of peesticks and a almost a week before AF is due. Given it took us over a year last time, I highly doubt we'll get pregnant the first cycle of trying this time (especially with our lousy timing!)

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
#7 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you probably are nuts... but I love your brand of crazy! LOL!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, everyone... but I am totally sure this was an evap/error. I have just zero faith in these tests. A couple of years ago, when ttc #1, I bought a walgreens brand test that looked just like this equate brand test. I believe 2 of the 3 tests gave me evaps that looked just like this.

I sometimes wonder if different women's pee just reacts differently to different tests. For example, some woman say every single Dollar Tree test has given them an evap. Other women say they have never had a single evap on the same brand and they swear by them. So for me, and in my experience, this type of test gives frequent evaps. I am 99% confident that is what this line is.

No biggie. I got a drawer full of peesticks and a almost a week before AF is due. Given it took us over a year last time, I highly doubt we'll get pregnant the first cycle of trying this time (especially with our lousy timing!)
Well good luck anyway! I hope to see a clear BFP for you soon!

By the way, took me a full year TTC DS1 and then only 2 months with DS2, so you never know!

#8 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 10:25 PM

I thought evap lines were colorless/gray?

with love, bailey...
macey 5.18.08
#9 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:

OMG, i freakin' HATE that stupid test. it took me a whole box of them to realize i wasn't pregnant, it was just a bad test (or 3). i get evaps/errors with the accu-clear brand also.

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#10 of 41 Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyann3 View Post
I thought evap lines were colorless/gray?
either that, or with color but come up after the time limit.

i think what the OP is talking about isn't really an evap, more of just an error. i got the same thing, as i said, with this brand. i will NEVER buy any blue dye test again, ever ever ever!

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#11 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Yea, I think this may fall into the category of error rather than evap due to the fact that it came up before the time limit expired and it has color.

Readytobedone - That's funny because I've gotten an evap/error on every single accuclear too! We must have similar urine. LOL! We're like pee sisters!

And, bublegirl1, thanks for your optimism! I love it! I hope I get lucky like you did with conceiving DC #2 quickly. That would be awesome!

I took an FRER this morning, and I think it is just my own craziness, but I thought I saw a little something. It doesn't look pink, really, though... so I am probably staring too hard and seeing the reagent strip!

I am either 8 or 9 DPO today. With DS, I got BFPs at 9 DPO (BFN with FMU, BFP with SMU)... so I'd better test again with SMU. Heh. I'll keep you guys posted.

#12 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Yea, I think this may fall into the category of error rather than evap due to the fact that it came up before the time limit expired and it has color.

Readytobedone - That's funny because I've gotten an evap/error on every single accuclear too! We must have similar urine. LOL! We're like pee sisters!

And, bublegirl1, thanks for your optimism! I love it! I hope I get lucky like you did with conceiving DC #2 quickly. That would be awesome!

I took an FRER this morning, and I think it is just my own craziness, but I thought I saw a little something. It doesn't look pink, really, though... so I am probably staring too hard and seeing the reagent strip!

I am either 8 or 9 DPO today. With DS, I got BFPs at 9 DPO (BFN with FMU, BFP with SMU)... so I'd better test again with SMU. Heh. I'll keep you guys posted.
I hope you get lucky soon too!!! I'm not having as good of luck this time around, but I'm only heading into month #3! So here's to BFP's for us soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 12:39 PM

I thought the blue dye tests were only reputed to suck if they were also +/- ?

FWIW a Walmart purple || is the only test I have ever had an evap on.

I would not use an IC to confirm that the test is neg. though. Stop wasting money on tests that are known to have issues!!! I say Answer is the best test you can get. It's cheap and very sensitive. I have gotten a positive on an Answer test with a beta of 6.

DS T 11/16/03 DDs K & E 3/28/08
nak DS S 4/1/11
#14 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 PM

I had an evap line (actually two) JUST like that within the time limit on a blue dye test. I was definitely not pregnant, and definitely not having a chemical pregnancy or anything, I was waiting for my first pp af, and I took it for the heck of it. It freaked me out, so I bought an expensive one and used it with fmu the next day, and stark white, and I was definitely NOT pregnant. Those blue dye tests are awful.
#15 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:

LMAO at "pee sisters!" :

#16 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

So I took an FRER later in the day and got a BFN. I mean, with super crazy peestick goggles, I can almost believe I see a line... but, a real BFP isn't that hard to see. Soooooo... yeah, it's a BFN.

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...ks/FRERBFN.jpg

I am so so so nauseous today. I don't think it is necessarily a pregnancy sign. But, I feel like I am still learning what the deal is with my post-pregnancy body. I've only had one PPAF, afterall...

I'll let you all know if any future peeing adventures yield good news.

#17 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 06:39 PM

Im rooting for you, really...

and I want to say I see a line, I really do, because I SWEAR I do see one but no matter how much I adjust it I cant make it obvious....

but Im very optimistic that you will be getting a BFP soon

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#18 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 06:42 PM

I swear I can see the faintest of lines there. Try again in a couple days or so...crossing my fingers for you!
#19 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 06:44 PM

It looks exactly like my BFP at 8 DPO with equate.

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

#20 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
So I took an FRER later in the day and got a BFN. I mean, with super crazy peestick goggles, I can almost believe I see a line... but, a real BFP isn't that hard to see. Soooooo... yeah, it's a BFN.

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...ks/FRERBFN.jpg

I am so so so nauseous today. I don't think it is necessarily a pregnancy sign. But, I feel like I am still learning what the deal is with my post-pregnancy body. I've only had one PPAF, afterall...

I'll let you all know if any future peeing adventures yield good news.
Maybe I'm wearing crazy peestick goggles too.. but I swear I can see a very faint line in this pic.

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

#21 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM

This is the best I could do

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...mpy/test-2.jpg

after playing with it so long though I have no doubt theres a line there, no matter what I did I could still see it, but it took a LOT of editing to get it even that visible.

Im sure in a day or two it will be dark enough you wont need editing!

#22 of 41 Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I see the FAINTEST of lines- i have never had an evap with fr tests soo test again in the morning! Can't wait to see!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#23 of 41 Old 07-10-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Unfortunately, it probably is an evap. Which isnt to say she isnt pregnant, but that brand is notorious for thin blue lines like that that arent BFPs
Hmmm. I had a thin blue line that I'm nursing right now...
#24 of 41 Old 07-10-2009, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

LOL! Thanks for all your positive thinking.

To be honest, I was surprised when I looked at the picture I posted. I know this is the opposite of what everyone always says... but the line in the picture looks much better than the line IRL! And that's before MP fixed it! (Thanks, btw -- you're so awesome!) IRL, I had to tilt it and squint and look at it just right to maybe see something. I don't think it even had color IRL, even though it sort of looks pink in the picture.

I got a BFN this morning, though... no time to post a pic right now. But I might test again later today and post a pic if I get a chance. This is the day I got the BFP for my DS...

I'm still feeling really nauseous, but I think I may have a little bug. yuck.

#25 of 41 Old 07-10-2009, 12:40 PM

:

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#26 of 41 Old 07-10-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
IRL, I had to tilt it and squint and look at it just right to maybe see something. I don't think it even had color IRL, even though it sort of looks pink in the picture.
Oooooooo! I'm rooting for you!! I think it's a BFP!!!! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.... I just went thru the same thing! Finally got my BFP 9dpo in the afternoon! :

:

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
#27 of 41 Old 07-10-2009, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Huskermommy!

I took another FRER this evening. Once again, it's the ultra-light, questionably-existent, line. I think I am just looking too hard and seeing the reagent strip.

I know when I got pregnant when DS and I got my first real BFP, it wasn't like this at all. I caught it the moment it showed up (FMU with FRER was a BFN; SMU was a BFP) The line was light, but it didn't matter how I tilted the test... and it was unquestionably pink. So... I have no doubt that what I have here is a BFN.

But, it's still early. And, as I've said before, I'd be absolutely shocked if we got a BFP this cycle anyway! I'm just happy that I ovulated.

Still my boobs have been killing me ever since ovulation. So this may be my new normal, or it may be a pg sign (as it was with DS). We'll know in a few days. I hope it isn't the new normal, because it is really really annoying. Especially when breastfeeding.

Here's a picture for all you peestickaholics to enjoy:
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...RERBFN9DPO.jpg

Thanks for following along. I'll update this thread tomorrow with more pee news.

#28 of 41 Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 PM

Maybe I'm just crazy but I TOTALLY see a super faint line!! On all of my tests I thought I was looking at the strip part and not the pink line. It wasn't until my last test that I could REALLY see the line. WHICH btw, did not show up in the recommended time! Anyhoo! I'm still sending LOTS of : your way! I can't wait to see the next test!!

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
#29 of 41 Old 07-11-2009, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

OK, FMU gave me a BFN on FRER and a ... I don't know what... on an IC. For those familiar with ICs, is this what a typical evap looks like?
http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...ICBFE10DPO.jpg

It came up in about a minute. But I know the ICs are prone to errors and evaps. It almost looks pink, but it is probably more grey and I am just kidding myself. Besides, wouldn't an FRER be more sensitive than an IC??

Oh well... I'll pee again later and let you know if I get anything interesting. Right now, I give myself a 5% chance of being pregnant this cycle, and that's being generous. That's ok, though... I sort of enjoy the monthly drama. (Until I near that one year of trying mark. Then I am OVER it, and just want to get a BFP already.)

ETA: Now that the test has dried a bit, I have to say I think the line looks really grey. Bummer. Definitely an evap.

#30 of 41 Old 07-11-2009, 03:55 PM

I just have to say that I am enjoying this thread, because it is so fun to read all of the posts of people trying to read the pictures! I think that the picture that you posted last night shows a BFP. I don't know what an IC is, but if they only give evap lines, why are they on the market?

With my first DS, I had a very clear, super dark line on the day AF was due. With my second, I had a very faint, hardly-there line that DH said he couldn't even see. So I tested again within an hour and it was a BFN. I waited to test until 2 days later, and it was a BFP. Each pregnancy is different and some women never actually get a BFP on any test...

Good luck and

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page