THE ONE THREAD, July 26th - August 2nd - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the ONE THREAD, July 26th - August 2nd.

To keep the list manageable you will be deleted after a month of not posting. If you would like to be a thread keeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread!

Please make change requests in Bold.

Waiting to O
(Ovulate)
angela1435 : - welcome new member!
Apricot
Beccasteve03
BelovedK :
blondemom2bstl
Caramiia - welcome new member!
Carrin :
courtrn : - welcome new member!
enigo - welcome new member!
Jeannabna :
MahnaMahna :
Oztok5 :
pacificbliss
praying4baby!
Shannie77 - welcome new member!
shellnurse - welcome new member!
songtothemoon
Stevi :
Tear78 :
trumpcard :
YummyYumYumMama :

:Waiting to Know :
(Two Week Wait)
amym72
bananabee :
Bri'sgirl
Danielle13 :
Dirkey
Evergreen :
firespiritmelody - welcome new member!
graciegal
GrapesBunch :
hopeful2009 :
jjm91785 : - welcome new member!
jules5874 - welcome new member!
kalamos23 :
KellyTTC#1 :
livinzoo
LZP :
MI_Dawn :
Mizyellow - welcome new member!
MoOnFiReGlOw :
Mountaingirl79 :- welcome new member!
Nanette56 :
Peace+Hope :
Pinoikoi :
ryleeee
SaraMum - welcome new member!
sh0rty0143
Virginia884 : - welcome new member!
witchypants :
xekomaya :
xtara2003x

Waiting for Flo

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting for DF
MaerynPearl :

Waiting for Results
shellnurse

Waiting to be Ready
Lyndzies :
miriam_bat_avraham :
MrsMike :
Newbian Mama
sleepingbeauty
WTHamI? :

PREGNANT

: AUGUST BFPS!!!:

JULY BFPS!!!
Beating Earth :
bublegirl1
ivymae :
jenfl :
Jenifer76 :
Plummeting
waylonsmama :

JUNE BFPS!!!
Geigerin
HappiLeigh :
katie34 :
loulie :
lucy_v :
Mompy :
momtothebean :
singin_angel :
skeeter30 :

MAY BFPs!!!
blondemom2bstl :
Lauren31 :
moondiapers :
tinynyota :
Valid28 :
[/CENTER]::

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#2 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

happy last week of july everyone! looking forward to another week of

:::

i hope i don't screw up

question: there's a "dead" link in the headline post that was there last week too. it's supposed to be a link to the care and upkeep of "the one thread" thread. i don't know how to make links like that. if someone will tell me, i'll be happy to fix it though.

p&h

#3 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 08:09 AM

I'm up early too

Can I be moved to WAITING TO O? I am ready, and eager to get no only a BFP, but a viable and healthy pregnancy

I am feeling better this morning, but still have surges of grief, I guess that is normal. I am so bored from resting. I am not even bleeding much, and my temps are way up still. I hope that doesn't mean my Oing will be really delayed. I am so hoping for a honeymoon conception (but I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too much) Both of the times I got a BFP, I wasn't trying to.

Whatever will be, already is...

#4 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

belovedk, you are now "officially" waiting to O

it's heartening to see you staying excited about TTC - thanks for spreading the joy! if you want, pm me about your asheville trip if you want recommendations...

#5 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 08:41 AM

Are you from Asheville???

#6 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Are you from Asheville???
hee hee, yeah, but i'm kinda not saying - my fault totally, shoulda pm'd you! i'm so happy you guys are taking your honeymoon in asheville, it's a very special place! you may want to visit the local tribal area to see what others have recommended as activities/restaurants! but seriously, i'm a travel agent at heart, so i'm happy to share the things i love here

#7 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 08:52 AM

I'll PM you later , thanks

#8 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

yeah do, belovedk, and be sure to tell me what you guys enjoy

ok, back to TTC stuff! sorry ladies about the

might as well afm: 5dpo

#9 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the new thread P+H!

I'm glad to see you're feeling a little better BelovedK. Keep taking care of yourself.

AFM - Nothing new. Still waiting to O. I have some OPKs/tests coming from save on tests. I only ordered them four days ago, so I'm not sure the OPKs will get here in time to be of any use to me. We'll see!
#10 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 AM

hi ladies, sorry i have been quiet.

can i be moved to waiting to O? never thought i'd be so happy to see AF.

in blah news, i have thrown my back out. i have a slipped disc which at times causes trouble... i have been unable to move without help since thursday, which means life has been HECTIC. i am kind of afraid DD is going to wean because of this and it is really stressing me out. then i think, DD? WEAN? this kid is gonna be nursing till she's in college... it's probably good that my 19 month old is learning how to go more than 3 hours in between nursings, right?

anyway i have been lying here high as a kite on oxycontin and other pain meds, so i haven't been able to keep up. sorry to not be keeping up, i know i said i'd start the thread so THANK YOU p&h for picking up my slack. : i am probably not in the best condition to be moving people to their appropriate locations anyway

of course getting AF when you're bedridden is a PITA, but! my keeper is here! and i am using it! oh, it is so fantastic. i haven't had one since before i conceived DD, and every period has been so inconvenient until now. i could sing! but then i'm also on pills so i am easily moved to craziness.

i have maca and vitex and a LOT of questions about both, which i wanted to start CD1 but AF came in the evening and i was confused about them so i hope it's okay to start them CD2. please feel free to answer my questions about it here.

okay my meds have kicked in hardcore... probably not making sense anymore.... gonna scroll back and see what i missed... last thing is that if we're voting for preggos again, i would like to vote beloved and tear to have BFPs with sticky babies together!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#11 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Thanks for the new thread P+H! Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be your week for a BFP too

BelovedK - have a great honeymoon!!

I'm at CD5, waiting to O. This will be my first full month of temp'ing, so I'm kind of excited to see it from the beginning (last month I started about a week before O).

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#12 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

yummyyum, my goodness, i'm so sorry to hear about your back! when do you think you might be feeling better/becoming more mobile? if it had to happen, i'm glad it was during af and not O time!

btw, how do you do that nifty link thing w/ the word? i need to reactivate a link in the masthead post and don't know how.

mahnamahna, i'm feeling conflicted over early testing this month, but thank you very much for the good vibes. last time i waited til 14 or 15dpo to test, and that was my chemical preg..... feeling ancy : but that smiley says irked, so maybe i'm irked

#13 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 AM

Thanks for the votes

YummyYY, I'm sorry about your back I hope it feels better soon

#14 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your back YYYM!

P+H - when you edit the post, have the link to the thread upkeep list copied. Highlight the text you want to link to, then click the little picture of the globe right above the text box. It's on the same line as Bold, Italic, Underline, etc. See it? Then just paste the thread upkeep list link in the pop up box and voila! It should be linked.

Also, I went through the whole member list last week and got rid of anyone who hadn't posted in a month, so don't waste your time doing that again

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#15 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 11:45 AM

Hi ladies. So this is my first month TTC. I have 2 beautiful babies already and would love to have 1 more. Just got the IUD out last week so I know my cycles are prob gonna be wacky. And today was my first day temping. Kinda lost on the whole thing. Confusing!!

Hope to see a lot of bfps!!!

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan
#16 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 12:21 PM

P+H - Can I be moved to WTF is going on?! please

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#17 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM

I'm out for the month.

I'm ready for O!

I think I'll do ovulation predictors next month.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#18 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 12:33 PM

FF says I'm 3DPO and Ovusoft says 2DPO... again.

I should probably stop charting both places!

Strange, different coverlines, though... 97.2 on FF and 97.5 on Ovusoft. *scratching head*

Now let's see how long I can hold out til I test...

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#19 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 12:46 PM
LZP

Thanks for the new thread P+H!

MFG< I'm so sorry you're getting such confusing temps - are you still on the higher dose of Vitex? that was messing me up too.... i think it was (a little) better this cycle when i went back to 800mg/day. Also, you've had a lot of stress of late with your heavy work load... ugh. all make for confusing cycle symps. so sorry.

YYYM - so sorry to hear that you hurt your back.

uh oh, sicky DH calls.

brb

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#20 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 01:08 PM
LZP

Beloved and Tear - a DDC date would be great for the two of you!

Danielle - : to you!

Apricot - sorry you're out. good luck with the OP tests!

MI Dawn - I'm in the same boat. Not that I use 2 different programs, but FF gives me one date, based seemingly solely on temps, while al other signs - CM, CP, OPK all have O on a different date.

AFM, just confused this cycle. I have no idea when I O'd. I think i was having O pains on Thurs night/Fri morning... but I just can't be sure, as I've never really had them before. (although this was a pain, in the are of the ovary, tha lasted a few hours, and then went away... ? ) However, my OPK seemed to indicate O on Saturday. AND - last cycle, when at the RE, they were tracking growing follicles on the left side... and this is where I felt the pain. i though O switched from one side to the other?! add that to the fact that i ran out of OPKs on Friday afternoon, and I am ALL confused. should I go to the $t and get one just in case? suggestions and chart stalkers encouraged!! ..... Oh, and my DH has the flu, so I'm on nurse duty. (and not the fun kind )

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#21 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
I'm out for the month.

I'm ready for O!

I think I'll do ovulation predictors next month.
Sorry to hear AF arrived for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
I have no idea when I O'd. I think i was having O pains on Thurs night/Fri morning... but I just can't be sure, as I've never really had them before. (although this was a pain, in the are of the ovary, tha lasted a few hours, and then went away... ? ) However, my OPK seemed to indicate O on Saturday. AND - last cycle, when at the RE, they were tracking growing follicles on the left side... and this is where I felt the pain. i though O switched from one side to the other?! add that to the fact that i ran out of OPKs on Friday afternoon, and I am ALL confused. should I go to the $t and get one just in case? suggestions and chart stalkers encouraged!! ..... Oh, and my DH has the flu, so I'm on nurse duty. (and not the fun kind )
I hope you caught the egg, whatever day it came!

I've thought about OPKs, how expensive are they?

#22 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post

I hope you caught the egg, whatever day it came!

I've thought about OPKs, how expensive are they?
You can get them on the Internet pretty cheap! You can get 50 OPK (or pg tests... you choose!) for under $20.

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#23 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the new thread P+H!!! Now I can activly participate!!!

YAY :

Beloved: My temps were up for 8 days of my cycle. Then they just dropped. The hormones have to leave your body. I guess they 1/2 everyday. Maybe yours will drop faster because you had a d&c, but when they're gone your temp should drop and you should get a negative preganncy test (atleast thats how I understood it ) I O'd on cd20 I *think* and that isn't really THAT late for me, although I'm irreguar anyway.

LZP
: YAY for O'ing! I O'd yesterday I think. maybe we can test together! If you're going to test!

AFM: I'm really trying hard to feel like this is my month, but the feelings aren't exactly coming easy this month. I'm scared because it took 9 months to get pregnant (plus 2 chem pregnancies in there) and then the m/c on the 9th cycle. Now I"m worried it will take nine MORE cycles. I hope not. Plus, we only BD one time the day before O, and then not since 3 days before that. I think I O'd yesterday but we didn't bd. anyways, I'm just imagining that little eggy getting fertalized. and saying "I AM Pregnant!" even though I don't totally believe it. Fake it 'til you make it, right

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#24 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 02:54 PM

Thanks Danielle I hope the hormones leave my body soon. Maybebyou will be more fertile after the m/c, my FX for you!

I am back to feeling crappy we are waiting for a movie to start and I am feeling ugly and fat and negative I just want to be back to my old self.

#25 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Thanks Danielle I hope the hormones leave my body soon. Maybebyou will be more fertile after the m/c, my FX for you!

I am back to feeling crappy we are waiting for a movie to start and I am feeling ugly and fat and negative I just want to be back to my old self.
I'm at that point today too... only without all that you've gone through.

I feel horrible. I just wish DF would call me up and tell me he thinks I'm beautiful... but he rarely tells me that anymore. He thinks I just know that he feels that way. But I don't... ya know?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#26 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread P + H!

Sorry about AF apricot.

Angela I hope your stay is short and sweet.

YYYM how is your back? I have thrown mine out a coupe of times and it was so painful.

AFM I have all the usual AF/maybe pg symptoms. AF is due Wednesday.
#27 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 04:52 PM

MahnaMahna - I get mine from babyhopes They are a bit more BUT they are a wider strip and much easier for me to read I think I got 25 for $17 or so? Next time (if there is one) I'm getting the 50opk's with 20htp's for $32...

LZP - Actually I downed it to 400mg and that seemed to be working...I have had a lot of unusual things happen this month with work and what not...I think I just got a + opk so maybe I'm finally going to O? Who knows...LOL!

I'd go run out and get some $ tree tests just in case... I bet your having to stay up at odd times and that'll probably mess with your temp

Danielle13 - being pregnant (with the cp's) 3 times in 9 months is promising though! I'm sure you will get another bfp soon! I got mine the month after my m/c last time

Pacificbliss - :

AFM - Well I went ahead and put that other temp back in my chart even though I think it should be deleted b/c I didn't get the full three hours of sleep BUT it puts my chart to where I think it should be, that I haven't O'd yet. I got my first + OPK today (pretty sure its +, but I'm going to keep on taking em today and tomorrow to be sure) and : that a SUSTAINED temp rise will follow!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#28 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 04:59 PM

Hi everyone. I always lurk on this thread so maybe I should officially come out of lurkdom now.

I am waiting to O! CD 9, today for me. Yay.

{{{{{BABY VIBES TO EVERYONE!!!}}}}}}

Beloved, I live in Asheville too!! Hope you have a great time here!!! I really love living here. Be sure to do some hiking and have a beer downtown.

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#29 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 05:03 PM

I was at Ice Age with DH and DD, and when the lights went down I just couldn't shake being upset. There was a pregnancy theme, and a birth scene. It is not even real, and I felt stupid for being upset, but I really did get sad. I can't seem to shake this sadness. To compound the situation, we just found out about these serious money issues which will likely affect TTC again

I am a complete mess atm

#30 of 486 Old 07-26-2009, 05:13 PM

s

:

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page