Anybody get a BFP after NO symptoms during the 2WW? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I am 10dpo, I tested yesterday BFN. I feel like AF is on her way but otherwise I have NO symptoms. Is it still possible to get a bfp?

Here is my chart for those who like to look:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2397f2
#2 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 PM

With my first pregnancy (miscarriage at 13 weeks) my first symptom was realizing I probably should have already had my period (about 3 days after it was due) and I tested a couple days after that. After about a month I started getting a little morning sickness...

With my son... my first symptom was thinking that my now-ex-husband would make a good dad and that prompted me to test (the day AF was due) and a few weeks later I started getting my severe morning sickness.

With my daughter... I got morning sickness starting at 5dpo. But no other symptoms.

Until kicks start in, the only symptoms I really get are morning sickness and lack of AF... then after the kicks... I have kicks, getting fat, indigestion, back pain and hiccups like you wouldnt believe!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

thanks maeryn for the response. i want to have hope becuase i think its better to be positive than negative...
#4 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 PM

I didn't have any symptoms at all before I found out I was pg. I'm just a POAS-aholic! I tested at 9DPO--BFN. Tested at 10DPO--BFP (faint). Am still not having a whole lot of pregnancy symptoms and I am 6 weeks preggo.

Could still happen!! Not great at reading FF charts--the purple line is this cycle? It looks like you had a dip then two temps up, right? I went triphasic at 11DPO.

Here's a link to my chart, but I haven't updated it in a while (got too freaked out if my temp fell even a little, so just stopped). Oh, and I used my first Dr. blood test as The Official BFP at 14 DPO.

http://forums.ovusoft.com/chart.asp?id=welshwife08

Good luck

Me(34); DH (33); Now a mommy to beautiful baby boy born 3/18/10
#5 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 PM

yup, for DS and for this pregnancy, i didn't feel pregnant at all during the tww.
#6 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 PM

I didn't have any symptoms with DD until about 6 weeks.
Good luck.
#7 of 20 Old 07-28-2009, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
with DD i was positive that AF was coming. I had no symptoms other than normal AF symptoms. I started feeling sick, bloated etc. at about 5 weeks (3 weeks post ovulation)

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#8 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies for all the wonderful responses. i feel like af is coming and i got another BFN at 11dpo this morning (on frer)
#9 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 12:29 PM

I had no spymtoms with either pg. until AFTER the + HPT. It seems to be when I have symptoms in the 2WW that I get the BFN!

Hoping it isn't AF after all.

I don't get AF symptoms either (knock wood.) Maybe I am just asymptomatic.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#10 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 PM

I don't have any symptoms right now except sore breasts but that didn't really come on til after my tests were a lot darker. Don't lose hope!

Amie 34, DH Jason 34, DS Jacob 5 , DS Joseph 3
#11 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 01:25 PM

The day I got my positive I had am emergency dental appt where I swore to them that even though we were TTC there was no chance I was pregnant and I could tell my period would be arriving later that day. I went home an took a test because I needed to take some serious antibiotics. Sure enough.

In retrospect I had symptoms. My breasts were huge. I dismissed it as being weight gain and cursed myself for not eating better.

Mom to Kira March 2009
#12 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 07:40 PM

Yup, with ds pregnancy #2, I didn't feel any symptoms with him until a few weeks after my period was due.

ETA: With ds #1, I absolutely had no idea I was preg, I wasn't paying ANY attention though. I found out welllll after my AF was due. Oh, the power of denial......

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#13 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 PM

i didn't have symptoms until he started kicking! actually, i was deadass tired from about 5weeks on. but other than that, NOTHING.

D, wife to an awesome man, mommy to 2 awesome boys!!
#14 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 PM

I had no early symptoms with my first and NONE at all ever with #2

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#15 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 PM

Dh and I tried for 3 months before we got pg with DS. The first 2 months I swore I was pg and had "ALL" the symptoms and then AF would come. The 3rd month when I actually got pg was the month I thought I wasn't because I had no symptoms. I also think 11 dpo is early to get a BFP. Most are BFN until around 13dpo and even then some don't get one until even later than that. I wouldn't write yourself out at all!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#16 of 20 Old 07-29-2009, 08:46 PM

I didn't have any symptoms at all. I was shocked when I got a bfp. I developed symptoms a few days after finding out.

jog.gifkid.gif

#17 of 20 Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
In retrospect I had symptoms. My breasts were huge. I dismissed it as being weight gain and cursed myself for not eating better.
I'm currently ttc, and just the other day I thought "hmm maybe I need to go up to a D cup " I had noticed that my breasts are sort of coming out over the top of what has always been a good fitting bra. I too have been berating myself for eating too much. Hopefully my story is the same as yours! I'm currently in the 2WW
#18 of 20 Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjelle View Post
I'm currently ttc, and just the other day I thought "hmm maybe I need to go up to a D cup " I had noticed that my breasts are sort of coming out over the top of what has always been a good fitting bra. I too have been berating myself for eating too much. Hopefully my story is the same as yours! I'm currently in the 2WW
Note that this is an old thread, but if you look at the chart link the poster got a BFP this month!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#19 of 20 Old 09-28-2009, 12:44 PM

And note, she got a BFN on 12dpo but a BFP on 13dpo for all you early testers discouraged by BFNs!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#20 of 20 Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 AM

Sadly it wasn't my turn this time around (must just need to lay off the ice cream and Burger King). Will try again in maybe 12 days or so. And so it starts again!

When will I ovulate? When? When? Is that EWCM? I think it is? Is it stretching? Hmmm should I be worried about that bit of creamy cm that's there too? Well, it's pretty stretchy, I'm going to call it stretchy. Is that a positive OPK? It looks almost as dark as the control line. In fact, in this light, it think I would say it's as dark as. Wait, was my urine too concentrated? Was my urine not concentrated enough? Is this leading up to the surge or is this THE surge? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!

So, if I don't spontaneously combust before a month is up hopefully I'll be pregnant then

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page