Dizziness sign of really early pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Dizziness sign of really early pregnancy?

Tofu the Geek's Avatar Tofu the Geek (TS)
09:40 PM Liked: 15
#1 of 27
07-30-2009 | Posts: 3,398
Last period started July 8, cycles are 30/31 days. I have zero idea about when I ovulated although. I do recall being REALLY...uhhhh....horny from the 20-26. DH and I had unprotected sex the 23, 24, 25 and 26. The last two days and today I have been dizzy (feeling a bit like low blood sugar except it doesn't go away when I eat). I thought maybe it was because we were on vacation for the last couple of weeks and eating regular meals and now my breakfast is much skimpier and later in the morning, but today I've been dizzy pretty much all day.

I did a pregnancy test this morning, got a negative, but I think it's too soon anyway. Period isn't due until Aug. 6-8. Could this be a really early pregnancy symptom?
mama to 2 girls's Avatar mama to 2 girls
10:43 PM Liked: 14
#2 of 27
07-30-2009 | Posts: 1,153
It was for me with my dd's. It started about 3-4 days before my period was due.
xekomaya's Avatar xekomaya
11:16 PM Liked: 17
#3 of 27
07-30-2009 | Posts: 2,167
That would be REALLY early, like ~ 5-8dpo at best. I might go more with a small cold or dehydration, as when you mentioned the dizziness started it would have even been early for implantation.

Totally possible though, I guess. Good Luck.
Georgetown HB Mom's Avatar Georgetown HB Mom
01:06 AM Liked: 21
#4 of 27
07-31-2009 | Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
Last period started July 8, cycles are 30/31 days. I have zero idea about when I ovulated although. I do recall being REALLY...uhhhh....horny from the 20-26. DH and I had unprotected sex the 23, 24, 25 and 26. The last two days and today I have been dizzy (feeling a bit like low blood sugar except it doesn't go away when I eat). I thought maybe it was because we were on vacation for the last couple of weeks and eating regular meals and now my breakfast is much skimpier and later in the morning, but today I've been dizzy pretty much all day.

I did a pregnancy test this morning, got a negative, but I think it's too soon anyway. Period isn't due until Aug. 6-8. Could this be a really early pregnancy symptom?
Hi,

Just wanted to tell you that I am at the same exact spot in my cycle as you. AF started on July 8th. I think I O'd around July 22nd and my next AF is schedule for August 6th. I hate this waiting :

Lisa
02:17 AM Liked: 15
#5 of 27
07-31-2009 | Posts: 3,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgetown HB Mom View Post
Hi,

Just wanted to tell you that I am at the same exact spot in my cycle as you. AF started on July 8th. I think I O'd around July 22nd and my next AF is schedule for August 6th. I hate this waiting :

Lisa
Ya, the waiting is the WORST! I wish you could just know if it was yes or no immediately! My fear is that we waited too long to start trying for this month. We waited a little long to make our decision and may have missed this month. Hopefully we'll be DDC buddies.
01:02 AM Liked: 15
#6 of 27
08-04-2009 | Posts: 3,398
Well, today I have a bit of light pink when I wipe and I had a bit of dried brown stuff as well. Either my period is starting early, or I'm experiencing implantation bleeding.

Would tomorrow morning be a good day to do a pregnancy test? or still too early? The one I have says it can be used up to 4 days before your period is due.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl
01:08 AM Liked: 52
#7 of 27
08-04-2009 | Posts: 14,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu the Geek View Post
Well, today I have a bit of light pink when I wipe and I had a bit of dried brown stuff as well. Either my period is starting early, or I'm experiencing implantation bleeding.

Would tomorrow morning be a good day to do a pregnancy test? or still too early? The one I have says it can be used up to 4 days before your period is due.
If it is implantation you want to give it a few days so the hormones can build up in your system. They double every 48 hours or so... so if implantation happened yesterday through today... (I'm assuming as brown - old and pink - new)

Nonpregnant women can have up to 5mIU/ml of hcg, we will go with the 5mIU/ml to start.

so 48 hours after 5 is only up to 10. 2 days later it is 20. FRER can generally pick up 20mIU/ml... so 4 days after yesterday, 3 days from today... that is when you can at the earliest expect a faint positive. Of course, you could double faster than that... so who knows? To be safe though, I would give it 3 days.

ETA: If you Oed on the 26th (likely as thats the last day you said you were horny) you will be 11dpo in 3 days. Thats about generally the earliest most women get a BFP.

Since it is the first day you could possibly maybe expect your period, I think it is probably best to wait until then to test.
01:11 AM Liked: 15
#8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
If it is implantation you want to give it a few days so the hormones can build up in your system. They double every 48 hours or so... so if implantation happened yesterday through today... (I'm assuming as brown - old and pink - new)

Nonpregnant women can have up to 5mIU/ml of hcg, we will go with the 5mIU/ml to start.

so 48 hours after 5 is only up to 10. 2 days later it is 20. FRER can generally pick up 20mIU/ml... so 4 days after yesterday, 3 days from today... that is when you can at the earliest expect a faint positive. Of course, you could double faster than that... so who knows? To be safe though, I would give it 3 days.
Great info, thanks so much! Geez, 3 days....I've already wasted 2 tests testing WAY too early, so I want this 3rd one to be reliable so I don't have to buy another! Although it's driving me crazy.
Mountaingirl79's Avatar Mountaingirl79
01:45 AM Liked: 11
#9 of 27
08-04-2009 | Posts: 1,226
MP, you are a Goddess of knowledge! I just came to this thread to lurk but you answered questions I didn't know I had!!
01:48 AM Liked: 52
#10 of 27
To add my ... um

opinion...? experience? rather than just book-smarts

If you test before then, none of us will blame you. I tested way earlier than that before... but with no results.

IF you test before then... and it comes up negative (as is likely) remember that does NOT mean you are not pregnant, it just means that if you are pregnant it is not showing up yet.
Virginia884's Avatar Virginia884
07:06 AM Liked: 18
#11 of 27
08-04-2009 | Posts: 1,046
Delurking to say...

There's always Dollar Tree tests! Do you have a $ store near you? I just stocked up the other day. Pee all you like, for $1 a shot! Best of luck!
12:13 PM Liked: 15
#12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
Delurking to say...

There's always Dollar Tree tests! Do you have a $ store near you? I just stocked up the other day. Pee all you like, for $1 a shot! Best of luck!
We don't have Dollar Tree in Canada and I've checked a couple dollar style stores here and none carry pregnancy tests.
bublegirl1's Avatar bublegirl1
12:47 PM Liked: 0
#13 of 27
08-04-2009 | Posts: 707
I had what I think was implantation bleeding, which was reddish brown TEENY tiny spot on a Thursday afternoon and tested very BFP Friday night! Good luck!!!
MoonStarFalling's Avatar MoonStarFalling
01:14 PM Liked: 13
#14 of 27
08-04-2009 | Posts: 2,748
My last couple pregnancies I was extremely dizzy the day of implantation.
BelovedK's Avatar BelovedK
02:22 PM Liked: 28
#15 of 27
08-04-2009 | Posts: 16,765
If the blood is brown with implantation bleeding, wouldn't that be older blood, and implantation would have actually occurred a day or so before, and it took that long for the spotting to show? and if that was the case you would get a faint bfp sooner???
03:40 PM Liked: 52
#16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
If the blood is brown with implantation bleeding, wouldn't that be older blood, and implantation would have actually occurred a day or so before, and it took that long for the spotting to show? and if that was the case you would get a faint bfp sooner???
She said it was brown and pink... so I assumed that was both old and new blood meaning it was still happening yesterday but likely started the day before.
03:47 PM Liked: 28
#17 of 27
Oh I missed the pink part. But is that right about the brown blood? when I had brown blood, I tested + very soon after.
03:52 PM Liked: 52
#18 of 27
Quote:
Oh I missed the pink part. But is that right about the brown blood? when I had brown blood, I tested + very soon after.
well having the pink with the brown means its not finished... if it were all brown, that would definitely be the case that it had finished a day or more beforehand.

The equation i gave her was the soonest she could test and expect a positive without risking wasting money, since she is not a lucky one like us to have a dollar tree nearby XD (seriously I think im going to buy the store out of tests next year)
03:53 PM Liked: 28
#19 of 27
I think I mentioned that I bought a HUGE amout of DT tests the other day, I was thinking about going back today, I keep wasting them to try for my BFN.
03:55 PM Liked: 52
#20 of 27
Quote:
I think I mentioned that I bought a HUGE amout of DT tests the other day, I was thinking about going back today, I keep wasting them to try for my BFN.
Thats not a waste. If i were in your shoes id be taking one every time i pee just to know exactly when a line is a bfp again... you know a lot of women who get hcg shots or who go through what you just went through do the same. So don't feel bad about it!
08:07 PM Liked: 15
#21 of 27
With a test sitting in the house, I just could NOT resist and I HAD to test this morning! : Negative. Some brown when I wipe today, haven't seen any pinkish today. If this was my period, normally I would have seen some red yesterday evening and today would definitely be heavier red so I guess we'll see what this means. Obviously I have to go out and buy some new tests now!
11:47 PM Liked: 15
#22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
Delurking to say...

Quote:
We don't have Dollar Tree in Canada and I've checked a couple dollar style stores here and none carry pregnancy tests.
Well that will teach me to have DH to do the checking...I called the Dollarama near me today (which DH HAD checked) and they DO have pregnancy tests for a buck! They are Pro-Care brand and say they detect 25 mIU/ml which sounds not as sensitive as the name brand early detectors? Anyhoo, they're only a buck so I picked up two and did one when I got home, negative. I'm trying the other one in the morning for a buck and will pick up more tomorrow if needed. This is fun.
12:00 AM Liked: 52
#23 of 27
08-05-2009 | Posts: 14,501
Quote:
Well that will teach me to have DH to do the checking...I called the Dollarama near me today (which DH HAD checked) and they DO have pregnancy tests for a buck! They are Pro-Care brand and say they detect 25 mIU/ml which sounds not as sensitive as the name brand early detectors? Anyhoo, they're only a buck so I picked up two and did one when I got home, negative. I'm trying the other one in the morning for a buck and will pick up more tomorrow if needed. This is fun.
Thats the sensitivity that both FRER and $tree claim.
12:04 AM Liked: 15
#24 of 27
08-05-2009 | Posts: 3,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Thats the sensitivity that both FRER and $tree claim.
Ah, okay. Thanks. I'll check again tomorrow, for a buck a time, it's like a game.
alexaskj's Avatar alexaskj
02:56 PM Liked: 0
#25 of 27
08-05-2009 | Posts: 173
you can buy a case of 72 tests from the dollar tree online!

http://www.dollartree.com/health-per...7347/index.pro
04:00 PM Liked: 15
#26 of 27
08-05-2009 | Posts: 3,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaskj View Post
you can buy a case of 72 tests from the dollar tree online!

http://www.dollartree.com/health-per...7347/index.pro
Those look just like the Pro-Care brand that I got at Dollarama in Canada.
03:30 PM Liked: 15
#27 of 27
08-06-2009 | Posts: 3,398
Still negative this morning. Still wiping brown (not much), no more pink since that one day. Got dizzy again late yesterday afternoon and stuck with me for several hours. The dizziness is worst when I'm moving or sitting in a vehicle. I got it with my 2nd pregnancy but it was WAY worse (I couldn't stand I was so dizzy) and it didn't happen until my 2nd trimester.
Reply Subscribe Trying To Conceive