THE ONE THREAD, August 2nd - 8th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, chart stalkers. I need some opinions. I just started charting (not counting last month because I missed too many temps) and was desperately hoping for crosshairs because I wasn't sure I was having ovulatory cycles. Well, I got them. Which I would be happy about if FF didn't say I ovulated on CD 11. That's just crazy, especially since you're talking to the girl with the 45 day cycles. If I did O last month it wouldn't have happened until after CD23 or so, during the time when I was away on vacation and wasn't temping. Other random bit of info, AF this time around was much lighter than usual and also a couple days longer. Not sure if that has any significance at all. I started Vitex on CD1 but I don't think it would make that huge of a difference in my cycle length, especially after only taking it for a week and a half.

So basically I'm thinking maybe the last two days with high temps were a fluke (even though there was no reason to discard them) and I really haven't O'ed yet. I also had cramps on CD10, not sure what that was about. Thoughts?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/283023

Oh, and I know it looks from my chart like our sex life is really sad so I'll note that we aren't TTC quite yet so we use protection most of the time. I don't bother to enter BD on the chart when the poor little swimmers never had a chance.

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
#62 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 02:52 PM

WTHamI?- I don' think you O'd either. Give it a few more days adn keep track of cm.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#63 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 02:57 PM

Another vote for 'didn't O yet' FF isn't too sure you did either b/c they used the hashed lines instead of solid ones!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#64 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

lzp, one of the things i love about this forum is that we can aspire to our highest goals, and be supported 100%, fall short of our goals or change our minds, and be supported 100%! you do whatever you need to do, and keep those uterus meditations going!

LittleBirdy, hi and welcome! i've added you.

maerynpearl, yeah, that's why i said after implantation. i'm certainly not going to mess w/ estimating exactly what day my placenta might be functioning i totally hear you on self-control. it's only in the last couple of years of my life that i haven't wanted to drink w/out at least getting a buzz... which is a slippery slope!

hopeful2009, w/out cervical fluid, cd16 looks kind of doubtful. do you feel good about the accuracy of your temps on cd15 and cd16? they are clearly above pre-O. how about the temps cd1-3? are those normal early cycle temps for you? i'm pretty sure wet w/out stickiness or creaminess would be "watery"

WTHamI?, no worries, i don't record sex unless i think it's in a possibly fertile time isn't it possible you were anovulatory last cycle? i was interested to read this thread about getting your period without ovulating. so, you could be right, and FF could be right! any thoughts on your high temps cd12 and cd13?

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#65 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Hi ladies -
I'm back TTC!
I had a BFP in May that I lost at 9 weeks.

Could I be moved from 'pregnant' to waiting to O?
Thanks, and: to all of us!

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#66 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynyota View Post
Hi ladies -
I'm back TTC!

i am so sorry, tinynyota. to you, and i'm glad you're back here for support. i know i'd like to read your story, so if you wanted to link to it, i'd read it.

i've moved you to waiting to O.

#67 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 03:25 PM

hopeful The O day looks right to me based on CM, temp, and OPK +. Wet cm sometimes happens to me right before my period starts. I have also heard of people getting it when pregnant.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#68 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 04:18 PM

tinynyota, I'm sorry for your loss

Whatever will be, already is...

#69 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Yes, I vote for Danielle to be the first August BFP!

And banabee, LZP, MoonFire, and I to be next... Hope I didn't leave anyone out! :

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#70 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
tinynyota, I'm sorry for your loss
Me too. I hope we can be a support for you.

I am voting myself to be one of the last this month . Although, I would like to get my bfp on my birthday (Aug 26) it 'll only be about 5 dpo.

#71 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 04:49 PM

i vote all of us to have august BFPs! wouldn't that be the craziest thing ever? and... impossible for at least some of us? still though, that would make for quite an interesting thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
Thanks. I have already looked at the "low post-O temps, negative HPT before positive HPT, O from CD 16-CD25" charts... they give some hope... but not quite enough... i dont want go give up, but this was what I was trying to avoid. Luckily, I have a busy week ahead of me to keep me occupied.
i hope the coming week is a good and productive one that keeps your thoughts focused away from the end-of-the-2ww-crazies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2009 View Post
What do you think?
your O date seems right to me because it correlates with all your signs - OPK, EWCM and dry-up, temp shift. BOO for the temp drop though. if your LP is usually 14 days then that means you get your period at 15 dpo so that would mean it's due today, which may be the reason for the temp drop. i always get confused with that too... i'll say my LP is 12 days but no, i get my period at 12 dpo so it's actually 11 days. the 12th day it's not my LP anymore because i've gotten my period! anyway i hope today's temp drop was some weird fluke and that AF stays away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHamI? View Post
Thoughts?
i'd only be inclined to agree with FF if your temps stay way up and your CM is totally dry (and was wet around the supposed O date). otherwise it just doesn't look like it to me either.

Quote:
Hi ladies -
I'm back TTC!

sorry for your loss, mama. : right back at ya!

afm must remember to stay better hydrated... i have not been drinking nearly enough water and it is SO HOT and i'm nursing, so none of those things are gonna be good for my CM if i keep this up!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#72 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
WTHamI?, no worries, i don't record sex unless i think it's in a possibly fertile time isn't it possible you were anovulatory last cycle? i was interested to read this thread about getting your period without ovulating. so, you could be right, and FF could be right! any thoughts on your high temps cd12 and cd13?
The only thing I can think of is that I didn't have the A/C on those two nights...but I didn't have it on because it wasn't as warm as it had been so the fan was enough to keep things fairly cool.

I think you guys are right that I haven't O'ed yet. And to be honest I don't really think I did last month at all, although my temps were consistently higher towards the end of my cycle than they were at the beginning, so I don't know for sure since I missed all those temps in the middle.

#73 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHamI? View Post
Okay, chart stalkers. I need some opinions. I just started charting (not counting last month because I missed too many temps)... That's just crazy, especially since you're talking to the girl with the 45 day cycles.

Oh, and I know it looks from my chart like our sex life is really sad so I'll note that we aren't TTC quite yet so we use protection most of the time. I don't bother to enter BD on the chart when the poor little swimmers never had a chance.
Have you just come off of hormonal birth control? Perhaps your cycles are still normaling out? (My past three were 86 days, 45 days, and hopefully 35 days)

Also, I don't even see the BD line on your chart. You can make that line private or shared in the settings of your chart.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#74 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 06:42 PM

I am confused. I have creamy cm but it is stretchy. Does that mean it is fertile? Maybe it will be EWCM by tomorrow?? This is my first month seriously charting so I'm not sure what is normal for me. Plus I just got an IUD taken out. Any thoughts?? I am on CD14 and my chart is on the first page. Thanks guys!

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan
#75 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
Have you just come off of hormonal birth control? Perhaps your cycles are still normaling out? (My past three were 86 days, 45 days, and hopefully 35 days)
We only use barrier methods (condoms) because hormonal birth control gives me chronic migraines. The last time I was on it was about 4 years ago, so pretty sure that's not it . My cycles have been pretty consistently 35-45 days for the last couple years, so that 45 day cycle was not unusual. The super light AF that lasted a whole week was the unusual part.

#76 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
MahnaMahna - First, I have to say that I get this song in my head EVERY.SINGLE.DAY after reading this thread!!! secondly, i think ditching the temps was the right move. too much confusion. I think skipping one day, 6 days away from usual O is OK.... let DH save his evergy for tonight.!!!

AFM,
I have a confession to make. I POAS last night. I dont know what drove me to it, but DH left to run to the store for something... I was all alone in the house, and something just compelled me to test. Of course, it was BFN. I am not losing hope, but this is EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid by waiting to test!! Now I dont know if i should cut my losses, move on, and stop my nightly womb medititation, or if I should just sit around and wait another 6 days... I guess either way, I'm waiting 6 days for af, right? I am SO all talk. I thought I could hold out, but I didnt. : I couldnt even tell DH I tested bc i was bummed, yet also so embarassed that i couldnt stick to my original plan.

Now it's just taking all my energy to not go to $tree, since the test I took was at 9PM with like second to last pee of the day - of course, I am giving myself all these reasons to keep testing, but i think since i only have a digi now, I will just wait. oh the things i put myself through. sigh.
I've had this user name for over a year and I'm *just* getting to the point where I don't hum the song every time I see it
I also agree with YYYM, don't cut your losses yet - it's early!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2009 View Post
MahnaMahna - This month I had all the right signs and temps that FF said I O'd on cd14 and I usually O on day 18 or 19. This was really early for me too! Ever! Iguess we'll see in a few days what your temps do.

AFm - Temps still dropping, but no AF. This cycle has been really weird for me. A textbook chart with a bfn, but I also O'd about 4-5 days earlier than normal. So now I'm lost on when to expect AF. I figured I'd still have my normal 14 day LP, but that would have brought AF yesterday. If I have a normal 32-33 day cycle then shell be here Friday. What do you think? I also started having what I'd classify as "Wet" cm yesterday, but there is no category for that on FF. lol Watery? creamy? It's not sticky enough to be ewcm, but it's the same coloring and such. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6266a here's my chart, and I have one musing; do you think it's possible that I actually O'd on day 16? I know the temps started going up before that, but then it'd be closer to normal O day, and make my cycle longer like it usually is.
I wouldn't mind if my O moved up, but I hope it wasn't this month . . . we hadn't BD'd for the 2 days prior
Sorry your temps are dropping

Quote:
Hi ladies -
I'm back TTC!

I'm sorry for your loss mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
i vote all of us to have august BFPs! wouldn't that be the craziest thing ever? and... impossible for at least some of us? still though, that would make for quite an interesting thread.
afm must remember to stay better hydrated... i have not been drinking nearly enough water and it is SO HOT and i'm nursing, so none of those things are gonna be good for my CM if i keep this up!
That would be wicked crazy!
And thanks for the reminder on staying hydrated - now that ds doesn't nurse as much, my water craving has really dropped down and I know it's affecting my CM!

afm - I'm actually PROUD that I've kept up with the thread thus far. But it's only Monday. Gulp!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#77 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela1435 View Post
I am confused. I have creamy cm but it is stretchy. Does that mean it is fertile? Maybe it will be EWCM by tomorrow?? This is my first month seriously charting so I'm not sure what is normal for me. Plus I just got an IUD taken out. Any thoughts?? I am on CD14 and my chart is on the first page. Thanks guys!
angela1435, it's not so uncommon to have two qualities of cervical fluid at once. think about how one being produced may take awhile to make it's way out , and may present at the same time as another. most charting advice says to record the most fertile if you see/feel more than one.

i've also read kegels help move things along, so you can check again later. i don't check multiple times a day (like tcyof recommends), but i do check at least twice, morning and evening.

#78 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 10:54 PM

Sorry P+H and nannett56.

Those sound like good signs, Danielle13! :

Beccasteve03 - Yay for Oing! :

GrapesBunch - I don't think I could wait until Friday either. I'm going to be a shameless enabler and put my vote in for testing tomorrow if your temp is to your liking.

Liz - Sorry about the BFN. I think you should continue your meditation. Your chart is looking good, and a BFN at 11 DPO with evening urine is not something to lose hope over. Hang in there.

Welcome, LittleBirdy!

WTHamI? - I think it's probably too early to tell what's going on. Have you had any CM that might give a clue? I would give it a couple more days to see how the temps play out.

tinynyota - I'm very sorry.

AFM - My temp was up a reasonable amount this morning, and my CM has pretty well dried up, so I'm guessing I Oed. I was at the lake today, so I couldn't do my OPK at the normal time. It should be neg by tomorrow afternoon if I Oed, so we'll see how it looks then. If I did O yesterday, our timing was good, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed! : chart

P+H - I'll post a picture of how my OPKs progressed over the days tomorrow when I can get some decent light.
#79 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Ugh. Ladies. I have a terrible case of the runs. It's been coming on since yesterday. My stomach goes all woozy, then cramps up, and I run to the potty. Then I feel totally fine until it happens again, which is increasing in frequency by the hour. My dog also apparently has the runs, so it's probably just regular sickness. Wish I hadn't used all my tests last cycle. I don't see myself leaving the house to get more until this clears up.

Living happily and loving it!
#80 of 495 Old 08-03-2009, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

oztok, cool chart! - looks like a lot of fun over at your house

bananabee, not to make fun of you, but your DOG? is there some reason you guys would be sharing a 24-hr bug? i really hope you're feeling better soon, and that you can sleep. stay hydrated if you can.

afm, not officially cd1 yet. the weird thing about this month is the intermittent cramping i've been having the past few days. i never get it until my firm cd1, with heavy flow. seems like a weird change. i hate to think it, but i wonder if a failed implantation is possible?

#81 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
not officially cd1 yet. the weird thing about this month is the intermittent cramping i've been having the past few days. i never get it until my firm cd1, with heavy flow. seems like a weird change. i hate to think it, but i wonder if a failed implantation is possible?
Hmm . . . possible I guess. I would have cycles (before ds) where I would have a lot more cramping beforehand than usual. I never really gave a lot of thought to it (but I wasn't TTC either).

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#82 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapesBunch View Post
Yes, I vote for Danielle to be the first August BFP!

And banabee, LZP, MoonFire, and I to be next... Hope I didn't leave anyone out! :
do you mean me?!

I Love you!

yay!! I'm testing tomorrow so I'm praying ... 10 dpo is still early though. but my lp is 10 days usually so I'll know atleast by thursday.

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#83 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 02:52 AM

tinynyota I am SO sorry to hear of your loss. Know that we are here for you.

Well, it's almost 11p and AF still isnt' here. I'm still debating on rather my LP will just be lengthed to math my normal cycle length, or if it was suppose to stay 14 days, and something else is up. This whole cycle has been weird. The good news is that dh was concerned that we hadn't bd'd in a long time and then we thought AF was coming today and we'd miss out before going another week during AF. So at least we can still squeeze that in.
#84 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
do you mean me?!

I Love you!

yay!! I'm testing tomorrow so I'm praying ... 10 dpo is still early though. but my lp is 10 days usually so I'll know atleast by thursday.
:
#85 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 AM

Morning ladies!

hopeful2009- Your LP shouldn't change more than 2 days in one direction. So if your normal LP is 14 days it could go sometimes to 15 or 16, but it shouldn't go to 13 or 12 (or vise versa). I'll be lurking on your chart...

P+H- You sure this is AF? Could be something else? Has it picked up at all?

bananabee- There has been discussion of eh em, 'digestive issues' related to implantation. Maybe? Trying to look on the bright side here...

WTHamI?- Perhaps your AF was only breakthrough? Annov?

angela1435- Mark your chart for your most fertile CM (stretchy/EW), but perhaps note somewhere else that it was a mix. CM is still confusing to me, 6 months after I started charting

tinynyota- I am sorry for your loss and happy that you're here!

AFM Temp was up again today. 97.59 at 4:20am. I don't know if it was this thread or another, but someone mentioned waking up early BECAUSE of the urge to test. Hello, that is me to a T! Is there anything wrong with temping too early? I'd love to put those adjusted numbers into my chart =97.89 at 6am! But I stuck with the original temp. DH was so excited that my temp was up. Even in the dark I could see the huge smile on his face. I can't believe how excited he is!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#86 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 AM

I tested again last night after I had just downed a huge water and got a line, but it was so faint you could hardly see it. I know it is probably bc I was so saturated with water, but I took the test then bc I wanted to see a BFN, not quite, but close....very close :

also, I BD last night and wasn't supposed to until friday I am worried, I shouldn't have done it.

#87 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I tested again last night after I had just downed a huge water and got a line, but it was so faint you could hardly see it. I know it is probably bc I was so saturated with water, but I took the test then bc I wanted to see a BFN, not quite, but close....very close :

also, I BD last night and wasn't supposed to until friday I am worried, I shouldn't have done it.
Yea!! What's to be worried about? :

#88 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Yea!! What's to be worried about? :
I had the D&C last Friday (almost 2 weeks ago) and I was supposed to wait until 2 weeks, but couldn't resist last night

#89 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:

AFM Temp was up again today. 97.59 at 4:20am. I don't know if it was this thread or another, but someone mentioned waking up early BECAUSE of the urge to test. Hello, that is me to a T! Is there anything wrong with temping too early? I'd love to put those adjusted numbers into my chart =97.89 at 6am! But I stuck with the original temp. DH was so excited that my temp was up. Even in the dark I could see the huge smile on his face. I can't believe how excited he is!
Haha, that is awesome that your DH is so excited.

I have a friend who is pretty much dead to the world when she first wakes up. When she was TTC her problem was she'd stumble into the bathroom and pee and midstream go oh sh!t, the test!!

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#90 of 495 Old 08-04-2009, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

good morning

mahnamahna and virginia884, thank you for your responses. i don't know! i haven't been up for long this morning, and i'm cramping, kind of pre-af, getting warmed up, ya know? this should be cd 1, and sometimes it hits in the wee hrs, and sometimes not til i've been up for awhile.... we'll see... i'm sure there's not much info out there about implantation/af irregularity - probably only confirmable, if it happesn, w/ daily u/s if it does happen. maybe it's psychosomatic. maybe it's best not to worry about a completely made up condition?

belovedk, i'm glad to hear you're back in the saddle i wonder if the wait to have sex after m/c guidelines are as arbitrary as the wait to conceive ones.... just wonderin'

virginia884, glad to see your temp up too, and i LOVE the description of your husbands eyes gleaming and twinkling with excitement - it's so fun to be sharing this time together!

hopeful2009, hm, i don't understand why ff gave you dotted crosshairs. i'm sure this was discussed last week (ancient history) with your +opks, cervical fluid and temp rise post-O..... so monday was 15dpo. i've seen my lp fluctuate by one day. i know there's a dip in your temp, but i'm not gonna give up just because of a silly dip are you going to test if AF doesn't come today?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page