THE ONE THREAD, August 2nd - 8th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2009, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the ONE THREAD, August 2 - August 8.

To keep the list manageable you will be deleted after a month of not posting. If you would like to be a thread keeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
(Ovulate)
Apricot :
bananabee :
blondemom2bstl
Caramiia
Carrin :
courtrn :
Danielle13 :
enigo
Evergreen :
hopeful2009 :
jjm91785 :
LittleBirdy - welcome new member!
LZP :
MahnaMahna :
MoOnFiReGlOw :
MI_Dawn :
Nanette56 :
pacificbliss
Pinoikoi :
praying4baby!
Shannie77
shellnurse
Stevi :
tinynyota :
xekomaya :
YummyYumYumMama :

:Waiting to Know :
(Two Week Wait)
amym72
angela1435 :
Beccasteve03 :
Bri'sgirl
Dirkey
firespiritmelody
graciegal
GrapesBunch :
jules5874
kalamos23 :
Marilyn82 :
Mizyellow
Mountaingirl79 :
Oztok5 :
SaraMum
sh0rty0143
songtothemoon
S.T.B.MRSJ
Tear78 :
Virginia884 :
xtara2003x

Waiting for Aunt Flo

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting for DF
MaerynPearl :

Waiting for Results[/COLOR]
shellnurse

Waiting to be Ready
BelovedK :
Jeannabna :
Lyndzies :
miriam_bat_avraham :
MrsMike :
Newbian Mama
sleepingbeauty
WTHamI? :

PREGNANT

: AUGUST BFPS!!!:
Peace+Hope :

JULY BFPS!!!
Beating Earth :
bublegirl1
ivymae :
jenfl :
Jenifer76 :
Plummeting
ryleeee
waylonsmama :

JUNE BFPS!!!
Geigerin
HappiLeigh :
katie34 :
loulie :
lucy_v :
Mompy :
momtothebean :
singin_angel :
skeeter30 :

MAY BFPs!!!
blondemom2bstl :
Lauren31 :
moondiapers :
Valid28 :

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2009, 11:41 PM

Thanks for the new thread P + H!!

:::

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 08-02-2009, 11:44 PM

YAY!! Thanks for the new one

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 08-02-2009, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Hello, all you fertile women! Please accept my apology for starting this thread late on Sunday. I kinda forgot i had to do it, since i'm continuing as keeper this week.

couple of things to highlight:

- august BFP's (come on, who's first?!) will be highlighted in the opening post for easy checking. they are centered at the top of the pregnant section.

- please put changes in bold. i think there are some newer members who didn't catch that, and i want to make sure to catch your changes.

let's get another fabulous week going!

p&h

Old 08-02-2009, 11:52 PM

subbing!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
belovedk, what kind of dance do you do?
I bellydance Have been doing tribal/gothic style mostly, but getting back into the Egyptian roots of the dance (If I can ever get my mojo back)

Oh yeah,

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9...K/DSCF4739.jpg

Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

belovedk, very cool, i think you mentioned that before and i forgot! to my EXTREMELY untrained eye (as in, this was only the second time i've seen bellydancing) the performance at the jerusalem cafe in asheville we saw was amazing - lots of variation, prop-using.

btw, that line is veeeery faint. is it the faintest one yet? when did you take it?

Old 08-03-2009, 12:13 AM

Just now, it is faint, but stubborn.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 AM

Day 1 of ovulation testing! It's fun to pee on a stick.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Old 08-03-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
yes, yes it is!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 08-03-2009, 12:54 AM

Thanks for the new thread P+H!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
It is, isn't it?! I used OPKs for the first time this cycle, and I had a lot of fun peeing on them.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:02 AM

I keep checking back to see who the first August BFP will be :
Thanks for the new thread P+H!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:08 AM

peace+hope, sorry, i haven't been putting my changes in bold,

hurray for august bfps!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:08 AM

Thanks for the backup, MoOnFiReGlOw and Oztok5!

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 AM

well I havent hit 210 so perhaps I am prematurely celebrating (or late celebrating my 215?)

My kids are gone for three days with my father and step-mother.

Last night I went out for Chinese... got to have a strawberry daquiri (with a little paper umbrella! <3) then went to see Funny People (great movie)

Then today I bought a new purse due to a chocosplosion in my old one.

This made me think...

I really REALLY miss DF right now. I avoid all sorts of songs for fear of crying.

But I am sort of glad Im not able to TTC right now, you know? I wouldnt waste money on a new purse (I could have gotten a LOT of pregnancy tests with that money!) I certainly would not have had an alcoholic drink even KNOWING that it is perfectly safe up until 6 weeks. Why? Paranoia of being further along and not knowing it perhaps.

But I would have given anything to have my Fiance in place of my Aunt (who went out with me last night) because as much as I love her... I'm not comfortable snuggling up to her during a movie! LOL

On a cute TTC note, my fortune last night was:
Next year holds all that is worth waiting for.

HOW CREEPY (and hopefully true) IS THAT?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 AM

Oh Maeryn- distance crap is SO tough..

I got to know- what kind of purse did you get? I like purses- I used to not carry one at all, but when I ditched the baby bag, my dp started getting me quality handbags..

I told him if we have a girl, I am going to buy him the pink juicy couture baby bag. I think he'll like it. He found that if he carries a nice handbag, women come up to him and talk to him. (I hate to tell him that they might actually think he's gay- but well, at least he's self assured).

I am so jealous you got to go out to eat! It is August, which for me is always my broke month.. Unabashedly broke. I can't remember the last time I went out to eat. All my bills are paid for the month, so nothing disastrous, just no pocket money!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:57 AM

Mae - what an awesome fortune!! My fortune cookies the last couple of years have been duds. A lot of them don't even read like fortunes anymore (i.e., "you are a really good friend." Gee, thanks!).

P+H - I just saw where you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
mahnamahna, your birthday is this week? sure would be cool if you O'd on your birthday
That could totally happen! I expect O to come a couple of days later, but hey - if we BD on my bday those swimmers could definitely make it to my 34 year old egg (omg!). They'll be like the hungover college kids shuffling in after a festive weekend

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
Oh Maeryn- distance crap is SO tough..

I got to know- what kind of purse did you get? I like purses- I used to not carry one at all, but when I ditched the baby bag, my dp started getting me quality handbags..

I told him if we have a girl, I am going to buy him the pink juicy couture baby bag. I think he'll like it. He found that if he carries a nice handbag, women come up to him and talk to him. (I hate to tell him that they might actually think he's gay- but well, at least he's self assured).

I am so jealous you got to go out to eat! It is August, which for me is always my broke month.. Unabashedly broke. I can't remember the last time I went out to eat. All my bills are paid for the month, so nothing disastrous, just no pocket money!
Just a walmart cheapie bag but its super cute. Ive never had one with the shorter straps before, Ive always had a shoulder strap bag so its something new to get used to. Its black with silver and grey hearts on it and a colorful piece of fabric tied to it. It has two pockets inside, one perfect size for my iPod, the other perfect for my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
Mae - what an awesome fortune!! My fortune cookies the last couple of years have been duds. A lot of them don't even read like fortunes anymore (i.e., "you are a really good friend." Gee, thanks!).
When I flew out to see DF for his MOS graduation, we went out to panda express (they have great fortune cookies!)

Mine said - You are about to embark on a great journey (we were about to drive back to Michigan from California! and yes, it was great)
His said - Thursday brings a great surprise (that thursday we surprised a friend of ours from san diego, he didnt know I had flown out so I hid in the back seat under a sleeping bag, when DF picked him up he said he had a special hug for him from me.... and i sat up and hugged him! He screamed like a little girl it was awesome!)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:45 AM

Pinoikoi - Yeah, August is our broke month too....right until funding for fall semester then we are good for another few months

Mae - A new purse sounds so nice! I still have yet to own one...I still used the messenger bags I used for my boys diaper bags!!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:53 AM

Congrats on your awesome fortune mae!!

Ok good news for me

TODAY: I had a very sharp pain in my uterus and then had diareah right after. Just like last implantation! : ok so thats premature celebration, but hey. I can dream

I am just hoping it was implantation

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:55 AM

That's a great fortune, Mae! Hope it comes true for you. :

I don't have a great track record with those...the last one I had said "Know that we are always watching you." Yeah, nothing like a crazy stalker fortune cookie. And the one before that was "You really like Chinese food."

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHamI? View Post
I don't have a great track record with those...the last one I had said "Know that we are always watching you." Yeah, nothing like a crazy stalker fortune cookie. And the one before that was "You really like Chinese food."
I always feel like somebody's watching me...

I always wondered if that song was ever central to a movie idea, and if so, how creepy would it be?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

maerynpearl, cool fortune for sure! i was wondering what you said about alcohol. i know it can't "hurt" a developing bean until after implantation, but what about alcohol being an anti-nutrient? seems like all the advice around alcohol and TTC/pregnancy addresses danger to the developing baby. have you read anything about alcohol and how it prevents the body from absorbing the healthy stuff we need for TTC? (this is part of why i've cut it out, plus, alcohol hinders weightloss) i figured if anyone had......

WTHamI?, hilarious fortunes! if they aren't really fortunes, they might as well be funny. i hate the ones like, "you are loved by those close to you" my family always adds "in bed" to any fortunes, boring or otherwise

mahnamahna, i'm gonna be rootin' for those shufflers! you've seen "the graduate," right?

afm, temping post-O has totally sucked for me. i have had so many wacky nights sleep-wise. i have intermittent trouble sleeping, and always thought it was more closely leading up to AF and during primarily, but now i'm wondering if it's almost always post-O. maybe i have progesterone sensitivity or something... probably nothing (the sleeplessness) more exercise couldn't cure.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 AM

OK ladies... major temp drama over here. I thought I was in the 2WW, from 2 high temps and from CF and other signs. Stay with me on this one... I've done a lot of playing around in FF this morning!

CD20- what I believe to be O date. Lots of CM prior to that and intense nauseousness for about 30 min in the evening (same thing happened last month on O day). Temp that morning was 97.35 at 5:30. This was the highest of my previous 6, just for reference.

CD21- temp at 5:30 was 97.56. Wahoo!

CD22- temp at 4:45 was 97.58. Temp at 5:30 was 97.79.

CD23(today)- this is where it gets interesting. DH knocked the AC down last night, had the ceiling fan on high. I wake up, uncovered (normally I sleep in a cocoon of covers) mouth open and dry from breathing through it all night. Temp at 5 was 97.14. Covered up, closed my mouth and laid in bed, in and out of sleep. 5:10- 97.39, 5:20- 97.45. Which temp would you use???

I know this is over analysis to the extreme... but I'm thinking either fall back rise or environmental change made that first temp lower. Seeing it this morning was devastating, as I thought we had timed O perfectly on CD20.

Using the highest of all those temps gives me solid CH on CD20. I want to leave it that way, but I know that no matter what I put into FF... what happens happens and me bumping my temps up doesn't change that!

---

DHs fortune cookie this week said,
"You will be unusually successful in business" (in bed). HELLO! SIGN!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 AM

Mae, I LOVE that fortune Mine are also usually duds, I would love to get one like that.

MahnaMahna, GO SHUFFLERS!!!!

Virginia884, I went crazy like that on FF a few months back, I hate when I have many temps to choose from, I usually just use the first ones no matter what, but judging from your circumstances, I might discard cd23's temp. I know it sucks, I had to discard a temp right at O time once bc my thermometer stopped working :-/ IDK though , sorry not much help.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 AM

Wanted to add that looking around the FF chart gallery is really putting my mind at ease (for the time being)! There are some crazy pregnancy, fall back rise, low post-o temp charts out there!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Mae, I LOVE that fortune Mine are also usually duds, I would love to get one like that.

MahnaMahna, GO SHUFFLERS!!!!

Virginia884, I went crazy like that on FF a few months back, I hate when I have many temps to choose from, I usually just use the first ones no matter what, but judging from your circumstances, I might discard cd23's temp. I know it sucks, I had to discard a temp right at O time once bc my thermometer stopped working :-/ IDK though , sorry not much help.
Thanks Beloved. I'm hoping that tomorrow and on will clear the whole thing up. We'll know by next weekend if I did O or not, I guess!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

virginia884, i totally hear you, it's so frustrating and disappointing to get temping wackiness on key days! there are more veteran charters about, but since we're both up early, i'll put in my opinion.

i DEFINITELY think the environment, AC, no covers, mouth-breathing, would cause your temp to be lower than normal. so, try not to set too much by today in any case (i know it feels like tomorrow will never come).

unless you've had lots of experience messing w/ multiple temps, i can't say what your body is doing, other than waking up and not giving you what your bbt would have been under your "normal" circumstances. maybe it would have been even higher

if it were me, i'd just put down the first temp, mark "sleep disturbance" under the "specific" tab where you record daily symptoms, make additional notes wherever you keep those about the situation, and hang out til tomorrow. i've had lots of these types of situations and had similar advice here.

meanwhile, have sex. why not?

p&h

Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

p.s. post a link to your chart if you want. i'll add it at the beginning of our thread. and you can make it accessible from your username here for any of us to look at on any post. just ask and someone else will tell you how

Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
meanwhile, have sex. why not?

p&h
Oh, DH already knows we'll be GIO tonight. Thanks for the input!

User Tag List