~Bitter Sushi Ladies TTC - August~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 488 Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Awww, someone "Dirty Deeded" Tear It wasn't me though. C'mon fess up! (Tear--look below your name on your posts!)

I'm trying not to obsess (i.e. pee on one of the early detection pee sticks sitting in my medicine cabinet) right now. I'm not "scheduled" for a period until Saturday, but if I was pregnant this month it would be a "Maine" baby. We go to Maine for a family reunion/vacation at the end of July every year, and my last pregnancy was a Maine baby too. It would be nice symmetry to get pregnant right now.

And if I'm not, then I could guiltlessly have a glass of wine with dinner (it's been nicely chilled in the fridge while we were gone too)...

But it always bums me out to spend mucho $$ on a negative pregnancy test. And I don't have any cheapo's.

I can wait 'til morning.

Right?

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#62 of 488 Old 08-06-2009, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post
Awww, someone "Dirty Deeded" Tear It wasn't me though. C'mon fess up! (Tear--look below your name on your posts!)
WHAT is "Dirty Deeded"?! : If you mean my new title, I requested that since I passed 1,000 posts. I think it sums it up.

I so get not wanting to waste mucho $$ on a pee stick, so my official declaration is to wait, or to pee in a cup, go to Dollar Tree, then use your FMU to test. But as your SISter, Do it! I wanne know! I'm thinking about you, sweetie. I really, really want you to be pregnant with another Maine baby. It would make me so happy! :
ps--can I be in your DDC, please? How much fun would that be!!! aaaa!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#63 of 488 Old 08-06-2009, 10:07 PM

You can DO that? Just request any title after you pass 1000 posts!?! Wow. I didn't know that. Proof positive that you are more of a Mothering expert than me these days . "Dirty Deeds Done Cheap" (aka dddc) is when someone ELSE puts a caption under your username (it's usually in bold too). I had to look it up in the Questions forum...

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#64 of 488 Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Okay, it's actually "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" and it's ddddc. Whew!

#65 of 488 Old 08-06-2009, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wonder who just placed one for Tear :

Whatever will be, already is...

#66 of 488 Old 08-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
You can DO that? Just request any title after you pass 1000 posts!?! Wow. I didn't know that. Proof positive that you are more of a Mothering expert than me these days . "Dirty Deeds Done Cheap" (aka dddc) is when someone ELSE puts a caption under your username (it's usually in bold too). I had to look it up in the Questions forum...
lol, that cracks me up. How fun! Yes, I remember the day back when I was a wee girl when you told me about a place called Mothering. sniff, memories. My advice is free, Carlyle, any info you need. Ask away.

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#67 of 488 Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
LZP

Lis - I forgot to respond to you about your comment about leaving the Losing weight while TTC thread... its no trouble at all. It was a great idea you had, and we're of course sad to see you go, but now i get to stalk you here! AAAnnnddd... it gives me something else to focus on since i have to leave The One every now and then for fear of crying on my keyboard. never pretty. :

Beloved - come back and tell us your idea when it's finished ripening!!! Excited that you've created something to focus all your energies - you have so much to give our world.

another stupid question, since today is a day of discovery for me... what is "EC?" it will probably be SO obvious when i find out... :

OK, off to go snuggle and get my back rub time before bed. (See, probably wont be able to enjoy THAT as often with LOs...I'd give it up in a second, who am I kidding?!)

Nighty night ladies.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#68 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 06:36 AM

I have bittersweet news. I got my BFN this morning with FMU, so it is valid. I should be : but I am a bit because it may be all I see from now on.

ALL of the psychics see me having another girl, and 2 of them separately said something about Oct/Nov. I know that it was silly to consult a psychic, but I did. The Baby Psychic (google search her) has a 90% accuarcy rating, I posted this before, but willm again in case you missed it.
Quote:
Hi Kelly,
I see a daughter coming to you. She is being related to October/November. This could be conception, when you find out you're pregnant, or birth month of your daughter. She will be a big daddy's girl right from the start. She will love to read and be read to from a very young age. If she gets the chance and teaching I see her being a child who would want to learn to read before she's even in school. She'll be very bright and intelligent, but she'll only put her full energy into things she's interested in. Just remember that she's more than capable with all her schoolwork, so find ways to make it fun for her and she'll get great grades! I see her being teacher's pet in school because her teacher's will really see how full of potential she is. As a baby, I see her being less focused. One day she'll be focused on talking. The next day it will be crawling. The next day she'll refuse to do either and only play with her toys quietly. Though she'll be a great baby and toddler and very easy to manage on a daily basis. She won't have the "all go, no stop" attitude of most small children. She won't mind having some down time.

You also have another female energy around you. So, if you choose to have more children after the birth of this daughter, I feel another daughter will come next.

I called another psychic and she also said something about late October/early November. Sigh

Well, I'm up early (as usual) I think I will go work out before work.

#69 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Phew... you Ladies are chatty ! I have a few minutes before I get started packing and stuff, so figured I'd try to keep up.

Tear - We tent camp. We have a "sort of" three room tent, so its plenty big for the four of us. StepDS has a little curtain that he can put up, so his little tiny room is private-like. DD has one too, but she's not quite ready for her curtain. Not sure where we will fit everyone if and when we camp with #3! Sadly, it looks like we will have rain tomorrow... our one real full day there. There is a big group going, so lots of kids our kids' ages, so hopefully everyone will have fun despite getting rained on.

LZP - I went over and checked the weight loss thread, I'm so glad you kept it going. Maybe in September after I get myself in some sort of routine I'll rejoin!

Carlyle - I'll be excited to see if you've tested by time I get home!

Kelly - I definitely vote you PG for your next IUI... anyone else is welcome to follow you, but you get my first vote.

Oh, and I will never get to 1,000 posts... it will be three years from now at this rate! I guess maybe I need a DDDC.

Okay ladies... DD's up, so I best get cleaning up, packing and we have to go grocery shopping. to ALL!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#70 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 09:27 AM

LZP,
ec = elimination communication, aka diaper-free

I had been wondering about ddddc for awhile -- we're learning so much here! It also took me forever to figure out what AFM stood for.

Jill, wife to J, mama to O (10/03), MK (7/05), angel1.gif(7/09), A (5/4/10), and ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-suprise.gif** 

#71 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 11:18 AM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillc512 View Post
LZP,
ec = elimination communication, aka diaper-free

I had been wondering about ddddc for awhile -- we're learning so much here! It also took me forever to figure out what AFM stood for.
Thanks Jill! Now off to research all that it entails... something to (sort of) distract from obsessing over my chart.

Lis - have fun on your trip - you're already on your way, i guess! chat when we get back, and : for the rain to hold off!!!

Beloved - :! I know that was something you were so looking forward to. I know it's bittersweet though, hon. You've got good energy, and I'd believe those psychics, if I were you!!! we'll be seeing you back here in a few months.

enigo -i'd be in the same quandry if I were you... give away to get a baby, or keep to save money for that babe?! I'd say either way, you've got at least one in your future!!
KellyTTC1 and Tear - can you remind me of this optimism when AF shows between now and Saturday? Is it wrong that I am so hopeful it wont, but so used to those F-ing BFNs that I dont even think for a minute that AF wont show?
I'll be here to cheer you on!
AFM, (That's As For Me, Jill : !!! just kidding) nothing new really... temp still up, CM still weird. but not that high, and not that weird... so I am expecting AF to come any time now. ooooooooh to be optimistic again.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#72 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 11:28 AM

There are so many posts! I've got to reply by quote or I won't remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
jessica_s - Welcome! I hope the break is helpful for you. When will you start trying again?
Late October depending on where my cycles fall. Started AF today and onto a new cycle for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
On the cranky side...even though I *thought* I had cancelled out every DDC type thing I joined,
I hate that. My first m/c I signed up for the baby center thing where they chart how far along you are. By the time I had the nerve to go cancel it my little thing for the day was "I'm getting fingers and toes now" AH!
Boo - Insurance and formula. Big boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15;1419773
[COLOR="Purple"
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." (Elizabeth Stone)[/COLOR]

...is so true! (And according to my Mom, it never does go away, even when your kids are grown and have their own.) Its worth it though... really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
Do you ladies think it would be weird for me to start:
A) making quilt(s) for my future kids even though I have none, as a statement to the universe that i believe that one way, come he*L or High-water, I will have a child... (or do you think it would jinx me, as i fear)

B) working on a small CD stash already, since i plan to sew many of my own, but have NO practice working with elastic or anything... this could be good practice time, and give me something else to focus on that's not as TTC obsessive as just staring at my chart all day....

I will confess that a few weeks ago, someone posted CD covers on Freecycle, and I sure did snatch them up - those things never come up for free! is that wrong, that i have them and can't use them at all?

This is such a safer place than some other threads, bc i think (hope) that you can partially understand my inner conflict of wanting to believe it's possible, but wondering it it really is, since it's been a rocky road for us. back to my womb meditation!
I don't think that it would be weird. As long as it would be helpful for you and not painful I'd do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I have bittersweet news. I got my BFN this morning with FMU, so it is valid. I should be : but I am a bit because it may be all I see from now on.
I know that feeling.

I forget who was saying about how they had to sit out in the waiting room for 45 minutes with a bunch of pregnant happy ladies. I can really identify with that. The first m/c I had when I went for my check up to make sure everything had passed and do blood work there was this woman and her mom and DH cooing over her sonogram photos. It was SOO hard not to either walk out of the place or do something horrible like yell at those happy people.
I live in a different state now and the midwives office I go to is also in my community. I am a volunteer for an org where I see a lot of pregnant ladies and new moms so I am ALWAYS running into people who know me in their office. I had a lot of appointments there for a week or so and everyone would always ask me how I was. I also pretty much completely lost it on my way out of the waiting room, I'm sure I freaked some people out.

AFM AF started today so it's officially our down time till mid to late October. Speaking of jinxing things let me get your opinion on something.
We are going to have this big trip for the bridal party and I'm driving 6 hours to go try on dresses. We want to for sure pick out a dress that day. I've talked to the only other Bridesmaid and she said she's hoping to get pregnant soon as well. Should we pick a dress that has a maternity version? I certainly couldn't order in September when we're going but I'm REALLLY hoping to be showing by next June 25. I'd still have the option of the regular style that I really don't want to be wearing.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#73 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I wonder who just placed one for Tear :
: You're so sweet!
I'm glad/sorry about your BFN at the same time. I remember the feeling getting mine. I hope the psychics are right, and that your and DH will come together to the desire to have a little girl. I can't wait to hear what you're cooking up in the meantime!!

lis, have an awesome time! It always seems to rain when we camp, too (when I hear rain it reminds me of camping), but it's such a cozy sound when snuggled up in the tent playing games/cards and hearing the pitter/patter on the roof. Hopefully the kiddos will see it that way and have fun, too. Enjoy!!

Kelly, I agree: you get my vote for your next IUI. It's time, girl! Let's go together!

LZP, stay optimistic honey! Your temp is still up, that's a good thing! It's been down by 15dpo on all your other charts except one. oh, please be pregs! On another note, my sister can tell you lots about ec. She did this with her little one, and it's mostly about teaching the child to communicate when they need to go potty using hand signals. My niece was doing this since...hm....5, 6 months? Is that right, Carlyle? That doesn't mean there weren't accidents, but they were pretty much only of the liquid kind. It's pretty cool! ps - did you test this morning? Sorry Bad influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post
Should we pick a dress that has a maternity version?
jessica, I had this experience when I was pregnant and I luckily held off buying the dress until my m/c happened. It was one of the most painful parts of the grief to go back and buy the "non-pregnancy" dress (which is way hotter, btw). I don't know what to say. I guess from my perspective, it's much more enjoyable to be scrambling around for a solution because you're pregnant and your dress doesn't work, than to be wearing a dress you don't like that reminds you constantly that you're not pregnant. GL with the decision.

Carlyle WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP! Did you test? I love you, sweetie! Sorry for the pressure.

AFM, nothing much new. I definitely ovulated at some point, because yesterday I had the crampy "pregnant" feelings in my uterus that I've had every cycle since the m/c a few days after ovulating. How am I supposed to stay zen when things like that happen? It was actually stronger and more uncomfortable than usual last night. Wouldn't it be nice if I could suspect that to be implantation? Instead, it just makes me wonder if there's something wrong. grr... I'm 4dpo MAX, btw. Ok, remeeeember the optimism, remeemmmmmber!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#74 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 PM
LZP

jessica_s - I hope this down time finds you enjoying each other, and planning fun things that you can't do when you're pg - do you like roller coasters? river tubing? could be a good time to go to an amusement park or a little day trip? I was thinking of doing that in the next few weeks if/when AF comes this weekend.
Re: the dress - I have some friends who just ordered a size up in hopes that they were pg, or because they WERE pg... that way, you can get a "hot" style, and when you're showing, they should be able to adjust it or add fabric panels... if for some reason you're not by then, which i highly doubt will happen!! then you can get it taken in, and enjoy the "I'm not sweating my A off in June because I'm a walking furnace" bit of it. I agree with tear. dont pick a dress that's just OK because you want to be pregnant. with a prego glow, you'll look good in anything! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
:AFM, nothing much new. I definitely ovulated at some point, because yesterday I had the crampy "pregnant" feelings in my uterus that I've had every cycle since the m/c a few days after ovulating. How am I supposed to stay zen when things like that happen? It was actually stronger and more uncomfortable than usual last night. Wouldn't it be nice if I could suspect that to be implantation? Instead, it just makes me wonder if there's something wrong. grr... I'm 4dpo MAX, btw. Ok, remeeeember the optimism, remeemmmmmber!!!
I think that IS implantation...!! since you already said it was stronger than usual!!! that is great. I know you're trying to be chill, but i was secretly hoping you'd at least take one or two temps so i could stare at the dots on your chart and analyze them. hehe dont wonder if something is wrong.

HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE IF YOU AND CARLYLE BOTH GOT KNOCKED UP ON/AROUND MAINE VACATION?!?!?! ok, well awesome, but also a little gross when you think about the logistics of it... i hope you at least have sep tents! OK, i dont want to jinx things, i just had to say it once. now I'll zippit!

#75 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 PM

Good point about the dress guys! Maybe that's a sure way to get pregnant, lol, buy a smokin' hot $300 dress.

Roller coasters, some woodchuck cider and caffeine are all in my immediate future

tww ladies!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#76 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE IF YOU AND CARLYLE BOTH GOT KNOCKED UP ON/AROUND MAINE VACATION?!?!?! ok, well awesome, but also a little gross when you think about the logistics of it... i hope you at least have sep tents! OK, i dont want to jinx things, i just had to say it once. now I'll zippit!
: OMG you are funny That WOULD be awesome--it would mean that I got pregs in my MIL's bed (with dd right next to us) and that Tear got pregs in the back of a van (which is actually pretty set up with a sweet bed). SO funny.

I talked myself out of testing this morning. It's always easiest for me to not test the first thing in the morning 'cause I have to pee so badly I don't have time to think about it...then the rest of the day I tell myself--"wait until tomorrow so you can use FMU." It's a clever ploy. Sort of...*sigh* I have tested just hours before getting my period SO many times that sometimes it seems like testing brings it on, you know?

LZP: ec is WAY cool, and doesn't have to be "Diaper Free." We certainly used diapers almost all the time. I look at it as just another way to help your baby feel more comfortable and learn how to stay clean/dry from a young age by giving him/her a chance to use the potty occasionally.

It was more work in some ways and less work in others. For example, I started with dd when she was 3 months old, and after she was about 6 months old, we probably had fewer than 20-30 poops outside of the potty...ever. For a cloth diaper user, that made it worth every minute spent on learning how to "do it!" There's a great book "Diaper Free, Baby" that I haven't read, but sounds like it gives a really well rounded description of how you can do it part-time in a really laid back way (it's easy to get obsessive about it and try to get EVERY pee in the potty...which was pretty unrealistic for me). This website is also a fabulous resource http://www.tribalbaby.org/ECindex.html. ANYway...I could ramble lots more. May we ALL have occasion to stop ttc and start researching cool baby stuff this month!

Also, for what it's worth, I think starting to quilt and make diapers (and save money by taking advantage of sales) is a great idea. But yeah, I get superstitious about stuff like that sometimes too...I remember when I was setting up my birth supplies and folding clothes for dd just feeling like I was counting my eggs before they were born...or whatever. It was a weird feeling. Luckily, all was fine!

And Lisko, thanks so much for adding me as an official lurker You're so sweet.

#77 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Good point about the dress guys! Maybe that's a sure way to get pregnant, lol, buy a smokin' hot $300 dress.
Isn't that the way? Although a few months ago I tried putting ALL of my maternity and baby stuff way up in a neighbor's attic so that it would be really inconvenient to get to (we don't have an attic ourselves). I figured that was a sure fire way to get pregs, but no. I agree though--buy the smokin hot dress and not a maternity dress that will just be salt in the wound if you aren't pregs.

#78 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 PM
LZP

Quote:
Roller coasters, some woodchuck cider and caffeine are all in my immediate future

tww ladies!
check check and check. can I come?!

ETA: thanks carlyle - something new to talk to DH about so he can add it to his personal list of "Things That Make My Wife a Hippie."

He'd probably LOVE this actually, fewer dipes to change. and yes, it already sounds dreamy, since we plan to CD exclusively.

Oh, and I think only 16 year olds can get knocked up in the back of a van, but someone might make an exception for you Tear. That's hot.

#79 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Oh, and I think only 16 year olds can get knocked up in the back of a van, but someone might make an exception for you Tear. That's hot.
lol....Thanks, LZP. And thanks for sharing that little gem, Carlyle. just kidding, I don't mind. Although it could have happened in the cute little "cottage" we rented, too. I'm : that you both stay free today!

Remembering our 3 losses

#80 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
lol....Thanks, LZP. And thanks for sharing that little gem, Carlyle. just kidding, I don't mind. Although it could have happened in the cute little "cottage" we rented, too. I'm : that you both stay free today!
Oops...: Hope that WAS okay? Good thing you are anonymous here At least it's better than in your MIL's bed...

And LZP..."things that make my wife a hippie" : (although I need to add a disclaimer that it it was actually MORE changing diapers for a while as we learned how to do it...and it was probably more like 20-30 poop "misses" after 6 months, but still...)

#81 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
At least it's better than in your MIL's bed...
ew ew EW, lol.... And yes, it WAS ok.

ps - LZP, no temps for you! They make me obsessed. The only time I allow it anymore is to confirm with a lowered temp. But : for the support and optimism from you!!! You're so sweet!

Remembering our 3 losses

#82 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM
LZP

Quote:
ew ew EW, lol.... And yes, it WAS ok.

ps - LZP, no temps for you! They make me obsessed. The only time I allow it anymore is to confirm with a lowered temp. But : for the support and optimism from you!!! You're so sweet!
OOoooohhhh Kaaayyyy... I had to at least ask for the temps. But I can understand. I thought for ONE second about not temping tomorrow, but i've gone this whole month doing it, I may as well just stick with it. No one likes a quitter.

Carlyle - I am now ADDICTED to the idea of EC! I will keep it from Dh for a while... and i get the extra dipes thing, since the goal is to keep them dry as much as possible. buuuut. that's

still clear of AF here, and i vowed to leave my cervix alone from now on. I mean, if I am pg, i need to leave that thing alone! (BTW, on last check, still HFC... last night must have been a freak thing.)

OK, now to have some quiet time for a while. I am a serial poster bc i sit at my comp all day, and have slooooow work to do.

#83 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Good point that EC doesn't necessarily mean diaper-free.

We actually did a little EC with DD -- my kids only pooped about once a week when they were babies, so it was pretty obvious when she was doing it. After awhile, we just started holding her on the toilet when she started grunting and making a fuss.

Jill, wife to J, mama to O (10/03), MK (7/05), angel1.gif(7/09), A (5/4/10), and ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-suprise.gif** 

#84 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
check check and check. can I come?!
YES! Please do.

#85 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I thought for ONE second about not temping tomorrow, but i've gone this whole month doing it, I may as well just stick with it. No one likes a quitter.
oh man, at this point I would find that hard, after all that work all month, to just stop. I mean, it depends if you want any hints from your temp or you just want to be surprised, I guess. I personally would like to know first thing in the morning if today is an af day or maybe not, based on my temp. I'm so : for you!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#86 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 03:32 PM

Holy moly this thread went crazy! I forgot to check in for a couple days.
Tear - thanks so much for your thoughtful response, that made me feel really good. I'm doing a lot better, kind of moving over this one year hump. I think I just need to remember to not let things get out of hand, like daydreaming and temping and all that. I could write pages about how much ttc has affected me. Thanks for encouraging me to share, it makes me feel better. I also liked reading your response to Lis about her dd. My ds can be a space cadet too sometimes in school and need a lot of redirecting. He's very emotional and sensitive too. It's been kind of a rough week with him. Anyways, I'm digressing.

Lis - I forgot to say thanks for putting this thread together! I know I couldn't bring myself to do it. And as I mentioned to Tear, we might have similar children. When you said the friend ettiquette thing, I was like, "yeah, that!" We're dealing with jealousy, possesive-ness, and trying to control our friends.... because for some reason everything has to be perfect, just as we imagined it. Have you read "the highly sensitive child" ?

Kelly - so sorry about your second iui. I've been thinking about you and wondering how that turned out. Sometimes it takes six or seven iui's to get one to work. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that "third times a charm"

Welcome to all the newcomers! I was LOL-ing at the promises to not breeze in and flaunt a bfp in our faces.

AFM - I ovulated a day or two early, so I'm 3dpo today. I'm done temping for the month. I think that was my downfall last month. I keep reminding myself that this could take a very long time and to try to focus on the present. I've had a lot of random thoughts about ttc that I wanted to write about, which I think I'll have to come back and do later cause these next few days are going to be a little intense. We're cleaning and repairing and decorating the house for this huge surprise anniversary party for dh's parents. Fifty people. In and around my house. So, I need to go clean....

Love you all, I'll try to keep up better...and I'm craving sushi like crazy thanks to this thread. But, did I mention that RAW is the perfect description of all of this?

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#87 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 04:01 PM

Watch out, rant ahead!!
Sigh... so my SIL called yesterday to say she was pregnant. I think there is only one other woman IRL I know who isn't pregnant besides me, and she just had a baby 2 months ago. (If she tells me she's pregnant again before I get my turn, I'll frickin' flip!!)
I am obviously very happy for SIL, but c'mon...how about some love over here? ALSO, and not to sound bitter but SIL not only wasn't TTC, (Can we say Whoooops?) she didn't even realize that she was preg and she is already 10 weeks! Furthermore as I am over here not smoking, not drinking, exercising and maintaining a healthy weight, cutting waaaaaaay back on coffee, vitamining myself to death. SIL spends her days doing the OPPOSITE of all of the above and then some!! I knew I was doing it wrong. Where's my coffee?!

Also has anyone heard of Low dose aspirin therapy? Someone mentioned it to me and after reading about it online, I'm surprised not to have heard more about it and its role in conceiving.

We also did EC with DS. I actually had never heard of it until he was just over a year. While there were pee accidents, we managed to not have any of the "other sort" by the time he was probably 14 months. He wasn't wearing a diaper anymore by then. My friend with the 2 month old was just telling me that her baby has alrready gone #2 in the toilet 3 times this past week.

I can't wait until we're all in the May DDC together! :

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#88 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Watch out, rant ahead!!
Sigh... so my SIL called yesterday to say she was pregnant. I think there is only one other woman IRL I know who isn't pregnant besides me, and she just had a baby 2 months ago. (If she tells me she's pregnant again before I get my turn, I'll frickin' flip!!)
I am obviously very happy for SIL, but c'mon...how about some love over here? ALSO, and not to sound bitter but SIL not only wasn't TTC, (Can we say Whoooops?) she didn't even realize that she was preg and she is already 10 weeks! Furthermore as I am over here not smoking, not drinking, exercising and maintaining a healthy weight, cutting waaaaaaay back on coffee, vitamining myself to death. SIL spends her days doing the OPPOSITE of all of the above and then some!! I knew I was doing it wrong. Where's my coffee?!

Also has anyone heard of Low dose aspirin therapy? Someone mentioned it to me and after reading about it online, I'm surprised not to have heard more about it and its role in conceiving.

We also did EC with DS. I actually had never heard of it until he was just over a year. While there were pee accidents, we managed to not have any of the "other sort" by the time he was probably 14 months. He wasn't wearing a diaper anymore by then. My friend with the 2 month old was just telling me that her baby has alrready gone #2 in the toilet 3 times this past week.

I can't wait until we're all in the May DDC together! :
after TTC for so long, i have no IDEA how women could actually NOT KNOW they are pregnant for that long!!!!!!!!!!! yeah, yeah., that show on TLC... but still. I'd be lucky if I make it till tomorrow not knowing. (which really, will not likely happen anyway, bc that's just not our luck)

Enigo, it IS your turn......!!

and for those people not trying, and getting knocked up so fast, I just hope that some day, some way, they realize what a blessing it is, and how darn good they have it. I know someone who said to me, "yeah it was a MORNING one, too!" regarding the ONE time they did it to conceive her 2nd child when her first was 9 mos old. AND, she was on HBC until the MONTH before..... so yes, i know that kind of bitter. she complained during her pregnancy about things, too, drank diet snapple all the time, ate lunch meat and cheese steaks, drank soda.... UGH. and here we are avoiding everything under the sun that MIGHT hinder conception or the development of a healthy babe.

maybe they do have the right idea. throw it all out the window, be totally selfish and eat/drink whatever you want. go out and get $hitfaced every
weekend and see what happens.....

Nope, not bitter at all.

RE: low dose aspirin - I am taking that now every day, bc i was found to have a slightly elevated clotting factor... they say it can really help.. i think you take it through the whole pgncy until 35 weeks or so...

i havent had any ill effects, no bruising or anything, so i have to assume it's doing it's job and nothing more?

#89 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 04:46 PM

LZP
You know, both times I was pregnant (DS and with MC) I KNEW something was up just a couple days after. Of course I thought I was pregnant a few times since we've been TTC too so maybe I just got lucky with my intuition.

Funny everyone has been after SIL to eat something besides fruit loops and beer, but it seems she has the right idea. Her 9 yr old son eats nothing but fruit loops and rootbeer.

There is a billboard down the street from me that has a picture of a young girl and says "Pregnant? We can help". It makes me want to puke.

As much as I want another, I'm so lucky to have gotten to spend so much one on one time with my son this summer. He suddenly learned to swim in the past few weeks. If I had a new baby, you know the poor kid wouldn't have had someone to play with him in the pool.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#90 of 488 Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM

Wow, lots of posts since this morning. I can't stay away from my bitter friends

Tear, Someone else placed that DDDDC, but there MAY be another one coming, not sure : You are LOVED, but I can't take the credit

I had gobs of watery CM today, coupled with a BFN. I wonder if I should BD tonight? I wonder what DH would do? I just would cry if he wasted those spermies I am also empathizing with how he is feeling. I am trying.

Tear, you told me to wait for him to get a V if we decide not to ttc, I think that is a wise idea, but itm, it would be so excruciating to wonder every month if I conceived, go through the 2ww. The pull out method would be the one we'd be using. I'd be temping, but I doubt I would say when I was Oing. Not to be deceitful, but i just WANT to BD alot then

I wonder, wonder if all of the psychics were right.

So, who votes for me to have a honeymoon baby???? I doubt he will be careful, and we leave tomorrow morning, I had a nice temp drop today, and I really WANT to bd, I am officially in the clear after the D&C

This has been so painful and touchy. I kind of feel like I am 'back', but i know I am fooling myself. I am just accustomed to TTC,and checking here every day to see what everyone is up to. This is the only thread I am coming to atm. I wish we could all go out and have a huge coffee/tea klatch

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page