~Bitter Sushi Ladies TTC - August~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 488 Old 08-09-2009, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
enigo, I went in for an initial exam back in November (?) and all they did was talk. Did he give me a pelvic exam? On second thought, I think he did. I showed him my charts, and he recommended some "First steps" that we could take to investigate if all is well...such as taking my progesterone level for three months, doing a sperm analysis, x-raying my tubes to check for blockages. It actually was a positive experience because I Felt like I was finally "doing something" in an area where we have such a lack of control. I ended up getting pregnant before we got any results, though, so I'm hoping that tomorrow's appointment has more steps we can take. In my humble opinion, if something is wrong, I want to know so we can try to fix it. Good luck in your decision!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#122 of 488 Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started with a pelvic exam and a full panel of bloodwork with my first OB (horrible doctor!) My new one (been seeing him since April) has since done my HSG, is in the middle of doing the Clomid Challenge w/me and suggested DH have the S/A and blood panel..... not out of the woods for testing yet though, so I'm not sure what else I need to get done.

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#123 of 488 Old 08-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Even though I DESPISE having blood drawn, that's what I was hoping they'd do. pelvic and bloodwork. I also don't have insurance since I work for myself. Both exams sound inexpensive enough.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#124 of 488 Old 08-09-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Even though I DESPISE having blood drawn
Seconded.... I have a bunch of tattoos that were no problem and got allergy shots for five years and that was no big deal... but the second the phlebotomist even pokes at the inside of the bend of my arm with fingers I freak out every time.

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#125 of 488 Old 08-09-2009, 04:21 PM

I almost just puked reading your post
The very THOUGHT of even having them look at the inside of my arm makes me nauseous. I am much better than I was when I was younger. Now I can just hold my breath and think happy thoughts until they are done. I still cannot sit in the blood drawing "electric chair" looking thing. I have to lie down. I reeeeeaaaally can't handle when they leave me in the room alone while they are getting ready. Yeah I know, I'm nuts. I would prefer they sever a toe to get blood.
Oh see, now I've worked myself up and I can't make the appointment!!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#126 of 488 Old 08-09-2009, 04:43 PM

deep breaths, deeeeeeeep breaths. YOU CAN DO THIS!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#127 of 488 Old 08-09-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
I almost just puked reading your post
The very THOUGHT of even having them look at the inside of my arm makes me nauseous. I am much better than I was when I was younger. Now I can just hold my breath and think happy thoughts until they are done. I still cannot sit in the blood drawing "electric chair" looking thing. I have to lie down. I reeeeeaaaally can't handle when they leave me in the room alone while they are getting ready. Yeah I know, I'm nuts. I would prefer they sever a toe to get blood.
Oh see, now I've worked myself up and I can't make the appointment!!
It's so worth it though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... this is really cheesy (and maybe a little creepy?) but I take a walk by the maternity ward at the hospital where I get my blood done before each round. It helps me re-focus on why I'm putting myself through all of this

#128 of 488 Old 08-09-2009, 06:05 PM

LZP, I hate false hope There is always a possibility though maybe?? I hope af goes away. I was really wanting it to be your montht too .. My vote goes in for you for next month if not this

starkyld, It REALLY is not over until she really shows. if not this month, then soon. I really hope this whole thread graduates together and ends up taking the May DDC by storm

Tear and lisko, waiting and hoping (where's the finger tapping smilie??)

afm, we are back in the room after a long and fun day out in the River Arts District for breakfast, a nice hike in the mountains and then a little shopping foray in West Asheville We had some dark chocolate and are winding down. I will try for more BDing soon, after we rest up for a while

It is funny that I posted right after, but he got in the shower and I was so excited that is was 'uncareful' that I just had to share

I guess if it doesn't happen from this trip we have to talk, but at least i don't have to go away yet. The way it stood before i just don't think I could handle being around TTC unless I was checking up on ma peeps

Whatever will be, already is...

#129 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 08:35 AM

Where is everyone???

DH is taking a shower, I thought I'd check in seeing that I am still in the game.

I spotted yesterday, right after DTD. I wonder if that was from tht D&C??? I wonder if it is from O?

I don't know bc I am not temping. I will know IF I Od, but not WHEN.

do you think we are DTD too often??

I am going to try not to worry. I will post pics soon

#130 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies... I'm home from camping. It was a nice trip, too short, only one day to relax and the rest was unpacking/set up and packing/take down. No more two night camping trips for us! Well, actually that was our last trip of the summer... so now I just have to wash and put away all the camping gear. We will have to set the tent up in the backyard to dry... but it only rained Saturday during the night!

Court - OMG... do you know my DD?

Quote:
When you said the friend ettiquette thing, I was like, "yeah, that!" We're dealing with jealousy, possesive-ness, and trying to control our friends.... because for some reason everything has to be perfect, just as we imagined it. Have you read "the highly sensitive child" ?

You know, I've read so many books on the topic, that I probably have, but I get them mixed up. DD did it when we were camping too. Trying to control all the little kids there... so they play by all the rules she has in her head. When she can't do that, she played with my parents' dog, since she can boss him around. The hardest part is that she needs time to herself. Its really hard for little kids to understand why she needs to be alone for a little while. Its going to be hard for any of her friends to understand that until she's like 18. I feel for her, but its frustrating... especially when I can tell she's hurting her friends. <sigh>

I'm sorry for the lame post now though... I just don't have time to go through all 3+ pages to hit everyone that posted since I was away. (So much housework to do, its scary.)

Carlyle & LZP - I'm very, very sorry that AF arrived... especially when you both were hopeful.

Tear - Your appointment is today! Let us know how it goes!

AFM - I definitely O'd sometime last week. I've felt the hormonal low begin. I'm very easily irritated when in the TWW and just feel saddish. I guess I'll see what symptoms I get this time around... but I'm not very hopeful to see a BFP.

Hugs to all!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#131 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 09:17 AM

Glad you had a good time camping lisko I love camping. DH has a VW bus camper and wants to go soon (well I am the one who wants to go. I have never camped like that, I am a tent girl. We may have to have a separate tent for the kids. I hope DD and DS can sleep in the same tent with no arguments!!!

Good luck with the 2ww, I am not sure if I am there yet. I will know when I get home Wed. I am waiting for DH to get back from the hotel fitness room. I think that is him gtg.

#132 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 AM

lisko, welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time, although I know what you mean about most of the time being set up/take down. Hopefully it won't take you too long to clean everything and put it away.

I know what you mean about being emotionally tender in the tww. I've been a raging bee-otch the last few days, and getting teary-eyed over silly things. And when I think about it, I think this happens every month leading up to 7dpo. I think it's the reason I've been so the last few days : Sorry... I have my appointment in about 5 hours. I'm super nervous. *bites fingernails* I'll let y'all know how it goes! Thanks for the support!

Remembering our 3 losses

#133 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 10:04 AM

Good luck at your appointment Tear!!! Hopefully things will go well for you

#134 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 11:48 AM

ack with the blood draw for me as well. You should skip down to the next paragraph if it makes you queasy. I once had people jab at me over 12 times before all of the people on the floor finally gave up. Oh man that was so horrible, they were literally digging around in my arm looking for a vein. So having someone get it in the first try now is like : your awesome.

Jelinifer I think that's a great idea to walk by the babies - I never mind babies. Pregnant moms make me sad.

Carlyle & LZP

lisko now that you mention it I think I have the same type of deal except I'm on a roller coaster the whole 2ww. Especially those last few days before AF. Whew.

AFM I enjoyed a nice Crown and Coke yesterday evening and I'm feeling more content thanks to my new hair cut and new-to-us passat wagon we got on Saturday. If I can't get a baby at least I can get something new!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#135 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
lisko, welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time, although I know what you mean about most of the time being set up/take down. Hopefully it won't take you too long to clean everything and put it away.

I know what you mean about being emotionally tender in the tww. I've been a raging bee-otch the last few days, and getting teary-eyed over silly things. And when I think about it, I think this happens every month leading up to 7dpo. I think it's the reason I've been so the last few days : Sorry... I have my appointment in about 5 hours. I'm super nervous. *bites fingernails* I'll let y'all know how it goes! Thanks for the support!
Good luck--I hope it goes well! (And I hope you're pregnant right now so it doesn't matter anyway) I love you.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#136 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Lisko- we should totally get our kids together, lol, jk. It's rough. Sorry you're all emotional, I'm right there with ya, stupid tww.

Tear - I can't wait to hear how your appointment went!

Beloved - I'm glad you got some unprotected bd'ing in! I hope you have a great trip and that you guys can come to an agreement.....one that involves ttc hopefully

AFM - I'm 6dpo and feeling positive...not about the outcome, just not depressed. We've got a busy week and guests coming to stay, so it's nice to have the distraction. So as usual, I don't have time to write a meaningful post, a nice bitter, raw post about how much I crave being pregnant and how I'm pretty sure I'm being punished, lol.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#137 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 03:12 PM

Carlyle and LZP, sorry no BFPs this time around -- stupid AF.

Lisko, welcome back!

Tear and enigo, let us know how the appointments go!

Beloved, thanks for the honeymoon updates -- they make me smile everytime .

to everyone else!

AFM: OK, I definitely/probably O'd now (not temping, just cervical checks), either yesterday or Saturday. Now I should get AF in about 11 days, which will be the day of DH's brother's wedding :. SO, if AF hasn't showed, should I test that day? My CP last year happened the same way -- I tested because I was going to a wedding reception, it was +, then I started bleeding two days later. Urgh. Hopefully if she's coming she'll show up on Thursday to make my life a little easier (yeah right!).

Jill, wife to J, mama to O (10/03), MK (7/05), angel1.gif(7/09), A (5/4/10), and ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-suprise.gif** 

#138 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM

Might not even go at all turned into probably the day after tomorrow.

Likely, he will miss both our anniversary and my birthday getting set up in Iraq.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#139 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 03:24 PM

Oh man, Tear has an appointment too...maybe since our cycles have been similar I can just go by what the doc tells her!

On an interesting note, I was in Whole Fds today and a lady I used to work with there back in the day was on. She is a licenced nutritionist and a far cry from the regular employees. Everything she recommened, I am already taking though. Although she did recommend maca again which I had quit taking. (this $%# gets expensive after a while you know?) Also progesterone cream which I haven't gotten to that point yet.
I can't wait to hear what the doc tells Tear! My appt is at 10am tomorrow.

#140 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Likely, he will miss both our anniversary and my birthday getting set up in Iraq.
Oh I'm so so sorry ugh.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#141 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:

Oh Mae I'm sorry, I hope for the best

Tear, I will definitely check later to see how the appt went, I am glad you are going, maybe you can get to the bottom of things :

enigo, good luck to you too at the appt. I can't wait to hear.

Oh boy, it is nice to have my laptop on this trip, I get to post mini updates without being on the puter all day

I am going to try to hold off BDing until tonight to give things more of a chance to build up

I am so hoping I am Oing now. I have been having that twingy heavy feeling in my womb, I usually get that during and post O, so we will see.

We started the day reading in a coffeeshop, then drove out to a metaphysical store (I collect and read tarot decks) and then went to West Asheville and ate at Rosetta's kitchen, very healthy vegetarian food, and then shopped around a bit. Now downtime, and then maybe we will go see Food Inc. (I have been wanting to see that) THEN BDing!!!

Later guys

#142 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 04:16 PM
LZP

starkyId - dont give up hope yet!!! i can understand how you just want to "cut your losses and move on," but maybe this IS it for you....???

Quote:
I feel like, well, why would it be me if not them, and would I really deserve it when there's so much disappointment all round? : I wish I could just wave a magic wand and make all of us pregnant so we could graduate together.

I love you ladies, and I'm so glad we have each other
true dat. seriously. But Tear, the last thing we want is anyone here feeling guilty or not worthy, since we're all going through the same frustration. At least we know that we'll all really appreciate the pgncy when it happens for us. unlike those bee-otches that say, "Well, we decided that we were going to TTC, so I'm not sure when I O'd but we BDd that one time... and now i'm pregnant! And now i am so mad, because I am bloated, and tired, etc..." I'll take any symptom I can get.

enigo - good luck with everything tomorrow, and YES, you have to go on your own... not rely on Tear's info!!! silly. Hopefully, you'll develop a nice repoire, and you will feel more confident in how things will progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
LZP, I hate false hope There is always a possibility though maybe?? I hope af goes away. I was really wanting it to be your montht too ..
weird. it kind of did go away. i'll explain more later....
Beloved, you are cracking me up!! we're like your little secred cheerleaders while you're on your HM!! I hope you two are either A) enjoying something fun in town, or B) doin it. hahaha well, seriously, I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post
AFM I enjoyed a nice Crown and Coke yesterday evening and I'm feeling more content thanks to my new hair cut and new-to-us passat wagon we got on Saturday. If I can't get a baby at least I can get something new!
This is usually my philosophy too... get something new, and maybe it takes the sting out of yet another cycle gone by.... I hope that crown and coke was delicious! I am going to get myself some REAL coffee in a few minutes! happy motoring- that's an exciting "something new!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
AFM - I'm 6dpo and feeling positive...not about the outcome, just not depressed. We've got a busy week and guests coming to stay, so it's nice to have the distraction. So as usual, I don't have time to write a meaningful post, a nice bitter, raw post about how much I crave being pregnant and how I'm pretty sure I'm being punished, lol.
Ugh. this resonates with me so much.... I feel that way often. (the punished part.) supposedly, it's not really true, and rationally, I can't believe that EVERY one of us is being punished... so that helps sometimes. If I'm being punished, and that's why we dont have our LO, then that means everyone else who's been at this so long is being punished... and i just can't believe that. So court we have to remind ourselves of that. daily. You're not being punished. They're just waiting for a really really really good one to come up in the line to give you. (and all of us.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillc512 View Post
Now I should get AF in about 11 days, which will be the day of DH's brother's wedding :. SO, if AF hasn't showed, should I test that day? ... Urgh. Hopefully if she's coming she'll show up on Thursday to make my life a little easier (yeah right!).
my vote is that she shows up.... not at all! for at least 10 mos.

check in often so you dont go batty during that 2ww. and definitely test!! (if not for yourself, then for us!)

Lisko - welcome back! glad you had at least one day to enjoy, although you're right... 2 night trips seem to be more work time than fun time. at elast for the grown-ups. aaah to be a kid again. Maybe you can plan a longer trip for next spring?

Who am I missing? Carlyle- you out there?? dont go back to lurking again!

AFM, so like I commented to Beloved, I think AF left. I have no cramps, and really really scant bleeding. I usually have like 5-6 days. I dont know what's up. and i was still so nauseous and tired and gassy and peeing all day on Saturday and Sunday, and irritable/a monster last night (normally when AF comes, i am suddenly nice again, and all is right in the world.. its the week before AF that i am a raging B) , that i tested.... i know, it was stupid. But, there was a really super duper faint line. so i tested again. same thing. even dh could see it. or he was really nice and humoring me. so i just went to bed, bc it's likely a chemical, after all that bleeding (TMI alert) - it was really heavy on Sat but then Sunday it was barely a "medium" flow... but again, this morn i took another one, just so i could know if it was tired eyes playing tricks on me... and another super faint barely there, but definitely pink and still there line... but no darker or more faint than the ones from the night before.... and they all appeared within the time limit...

i guess i should be happy that at least my eggs dont hate DH's sperm as much as i thought they did? but that even with progesterone cream, it wont stick? or maybe i just have a bad batch- all the tests had the same lot number - so maybe it was all just an antibody line or something?
Yup, I am such a poas-aholic that i even poas when i am bleeding. and for what? another 19 days of waiting to O, and then what... 16 days of just waiting to be disappointed again. Ugh.

OK, that's my daily complaining novella - everything else should hopefully be shorter comments.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#143 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM

WAIT!! LZP, you're getting BFPs?? really?? I guess it could be a chemical so I would be tempted not to get too excited, but OMG girl, post a pic or something. Some people get af during pregnancy. pic,pic, pic

OK, DH is feeling like he needs some alone time, he is over there on his puter, so I can check some other threads.

Thanks for being my cheering squad

#144 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 04:54 PM
LZP

Quote:
WAIT!! LZP, you're getting BFPs?? really?? I guess it could be a chemical so I would be tempted not to get too excited, but OMG girl, post a pic or something. Some people get af during pregnancy. pic,pic, pic

OK, DH is feeling like he needs some alone time, he is over there on his puter, so I can check some other threads.

Thanks for being my cheering squad
sorry for the delay- i was trying to catch up on The One... an impossible task.

they are so faint, beloved, that I dont know what I would call them... i guess time will tell. AF has tapered off to almost nothing, but I still have some spotting.... they are SO faint, i feel like at this point, they would be pretty dark, right? i'm at like 19 days past my last O. i thought it would be a glaring BFP by now, right? I think i will just resign to the chemical, and at least know that the egg-sperm combination is not IMPOSSIBLE... however fleeting it may be.
ETA: i will try to take pics tonight, but last night, I did try, and they didnt show up well. maybe in the daylight i can get something.... although, is it worth it? a pic of a failed pg? maybe i'll take the pics, and save for IF it turns out to be something. which it probably isnt.

Oh My, hope is pretty heartless, right?

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#145 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 05:15 PM

LZP I'm sorry, maybe just wait a day or 2. Don't take a pic if you are upset

#146 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 05:25 PM
LZP

Quote:
LZP I'm sorry, maybe just wait a day or 2. Don't take a pic if you are upset
i dont know if i am upset, or maniacly hopeful? this TTC thing really gets into the brain. i dont want to waste all my brand new ICs on the beginning of a cycle... i'll wait 2 days. (who am i kidding?! i will not.)

who was asking for the brain transplant? Can I get on the list after you? if it's need based, i might jump to the "head" of the line....

#147 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 05:52 PM

Ladies, I'm back. I'm so spent. I typed this up over in the loss forum, and I'm sorry but I don't have energy to type it again, so I'm going to cut and paste. I love you ladies!!! I'm sorry, it's long:

AFM...oh boy. I just had my appointment. I'm not sure if I want to go into this yet. Give me some time. Ok, I'll try:

Turns out I was right, the whole time. I am slightly broken, and my body probably has been killing every fertilized egg that came my way, barring one miracle that didn't work out. It also caused my chemical pregnancy in December. My OB took a look at all my charts from the last 15 cycles and she said that I have a classic luteal phase defect.

That explains the spotting before my period started, and it explains the mountain peak I have in every chart I ever temped (the one that caused me to stop temping because I could see when it didn't work by 8dpo). I knew it. I KNEW that mountain peak was a tip-off!!!! Turns out my progesterone levels drop drastically at around 8dpo, stopping any eggs from implanting. And my previous OB didn't catch it because he measured my progesterone levels at 7dpo. : It also explains why I have more symptoms in the first half of my tww than the second.

Here's the good news:
I'm at around 7dpo now, and she's going to put me on progesterone suppositories starting tonight. : that means that if I have a little bean inside right now we can save it. :::

She says that this problem is super easy to fix, and that with the progesterone, my chances are raised to the average of 1 in 3 cycles of well-timed bd-ing.

She also gave me a prescription for Clomid which we can use next cycle if this one doesn't wory out.

She also gave me the number of a good acupuncturist who should be covered by my insurance.

I'm just so, so, so relieved and heartbroken at the same time. The future is brilliantly, crystal clear and bright at the moment. But i can't help grieving for all those little babies we lost in the past 15 months. And I can't help feeling like a bit of a failure. If it were 200 years ago, we would probably have a very hard time conceiving, if ever. That should probably go under the good news column, too.

Anyway, if you're still reading, you're wonderful. Thank you for letting me put this into words. Please cross your fingers that this works this cycle, or at least in the next couple. sniffle...I'm so lucky to have this support line.

Ok, now to read up on all your posts.

Remembering our 3 losses

#148 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 05:55 PM

Tear!!!! : This is GREAT news : I couldn't be happier for you : Go bean go!!!! :

#149 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:

oh, mae, I'm so sorry honey. Let me know what we can do, here in cyberland.

enigo, ps to my other post, go to your appointment!! You don't want to wait and then wish you'd gone a year ago. Believe me. It hurts.

Remembering our 3 losses

#150 of 488 Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 PM

Oh, btw Tear, I just KNOW we will end up in a DDC together!! Wouldn't that be fun????????

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page