40+ TTC~FALLing over to get pregnant - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 824 Old 10-01-2009, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THANKFULFORFIVE View Post
Is he in the same room? Trying to be quiet while BDing is just never much fun!
Btw, Mamas.....for any of you who co-sleep....I've always wondered how mamas and papas "get busy" when there's a little warm body sharing the bed? Do you go to another room?
We have musical beds here. Mostly ds and I co-sleep, dh sleeps in a bed in a nearby room, so dh and I bd in the bed ds is not in. But it is close and we don't worry about those noises. I guess I'm thinking ds is used to sleeping through those, but I don't know how he'll do with the squeaking. It was really loud, and, well, squeaky.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#362 of 824 Old 10-02-2009, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

I'm out ladies I started spotting today after a huge temp drop. Whew! I am glad this super long cycle is over and I still had an okay LP

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#363 of 824 Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 PM

massaginmommy. Yay about the lp and your relief about being done with the super long cycle.

AFM, I am 2dpo. I had a nice strong temp spike. My temp shifted on CD18 which is on the early side of normal for me and I was glad to see it after last month's 40 day cycle. Maybe the TCM is starting to kick in. I hadn't been feeling as drawn to conceiving this cycle for some reason that felt kind of metaphysical, but the night before the temp shift dh and I had an opportunity and it felt right to see what would happen. In a way that seems like good timing, but my cf wasn't eggwhite/wet like it had been in the few days before, so I'm not sure how promising that is, but I'm glad there's a possibility in this 2ww.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#364 of 824 Old 10-03-2009, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Well apparently I am not out yet. TMI ALERT I wiped and it was tinged pink so I took care of business and went off to dinner with my moms group. Well when it came time for the bathroom break there was nothing there. I again took care of business. just in case, and when I got home still nothing there, well a very tiny bit of pink.
So I haven't actually start af yet. Guess I will keep waiting.

#365 of 824 Old 10-03-2009, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Scratch that...I woke up to full fledged this morning.

#366 of 824 Old 10-03-2009, 04:54 PM

I'm sorry, Laurie, but a long LP is a good LP. Perhaps next cycle will be the one!

For you IVF ladies (Pookie and Sara), have you been told to go on bedrest right after the IVF procedure, and if so, for how long? My doc is recommending 3 days. Do you feel like teh bedrest made a difference? If I were to go walking on the beach, lying in the sun to read, or for a short drive, would that be a bad idea? I figure those activities in So Cal would be much more restful than my usual routine at home!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#367 of 824 Old 10-03-2009, 07:21 PM

Hey msgb, you are really doing it!?
There's a lot of controversy about bedrest after transfer, but I think it's generally accepted that you don't want to do anything that jars the uterus. I was in Seattle, so went thrift shopping and out for Thai food, flew home the next day. My clinic has a very high success rate and def doesn't suggest bed rest. DH even found a study showing pg rates are about the same (slightly better actually) for women who bedrest an hour vs women who bedrest for 24. I did an hour, took it easy for a few days, went back to the gym within 4 or 5 I think.

Holy cow when are you going?
#368 of 824 Old 10-04-2009, 01:00 AM

BB, yeah, it looks like things are moving forward! My ED passed inspection and we are scheduled for a December cycle. Her eggs will be retrieved on Dec 7 or 8, and the txfr will be around Dec 12 or 13. Which means a very long, hot, pregnant summer for me (if all goes well). I am nervous about what it's going to do to my life...being single, in a difficult job market, in an expensive town, and having to be at work so darned early (and work so hard and long) every day. I've gotten so used to being single, and dogless these past few years. I have been ttcing actively since 2006, but with so much time passing, and being older, still single, etc, I hope I'm not being careless. I do know that I'll fall in love with my baby immediately, and even the pregnancy will be an adventure that I've always wanted, but a small part of me thinks I'm not thinking this through and that life is going to be SO HARD afterwards. All that said, I tend to live life following my gut rather than thinking too hard about anything (remember that 9 mile hike from a few weeks ago?), and I often buck the trends. I never regret anything other than NOT doing things that I wish I had done. I'm just more focused now on living and enjoying life's adventures, of which this is one. Hello, have I rambled on enough yet? So, the answer is, yes, I am planning my IVF with DE for December. All systems are go.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#369 of 824 Old 10-04-2009, 01:28 AM

MsGB and at this dream of yours stepping closer to reality. From what I've seen you have most definitely not be care-less--your process has been full of care. Stepping into the unknown is a mix of fear and excitement and you are there--an awesome place to be. My guess is it will be hard and it will be so worth it. And you've already found Mothering.com which is an amazing resource. We are certainly with you in this corner of it. December starting pregnancy, planting a seed in the darkest time of the year and then giving birth in the harvest time between summer and fall sounds lovely. Oodles of good wishes to you

#370 of 824 Old 10-04-2009, 01:35 AM

Thank you, Watur Mama.

#371 of 824 Old 10-04-2009, 02:50 PM

"I do know that I'll fall in love with my baby immediately"
-famous quote by Msgb!

You are going to be wonderful. It may be a strange way to conceive a child, but it will be conceived in love nonetheless. If all mothers took the care to plan the way you have the world would be a better place.

Yay I am sooooo happy for you!

Sara
#372 of 824 Old 10-05-2009, 02:17 AM

MsG, I was not on bed rest after my IVF transfer, they just told me to take it easy. I laid on the table for awhile after the transfer, then we went home. I didn't do any heavy lifting for awhile just to be sure, but otherwise just went about my day as usual.
As far as single parenthood and how hard it will be, I have an online friend who chose it, and ended up with twins (she has PCOS and had an IUI with Follistim, so twins were a possibility). She was I think 35 when she got pregnant. Anyway, she has her sister living with her now, and was definitely overwhelmed, but overall has no regrets. She went through TTC for many years, and more than one marriage, to conceive her babies, Here's her blog: http://oneplustwoislove.blogspot.com/

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#373 of 824 Old 10-05-2009, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

MsGB I had my first conceived in Dec born in Sept. It is a great time for a first baby. I was pregnant in Germany in the summer a little more humid than I was used to but not unbearable. You will be a great mother and I totally agree with BuzzyB abou tthe care and concern you are already taking for this child. Just get help. I have a friend who is a Doula and she had a client that was 53 when she had her first which were twins. She has a partner but is unmarried. My friend said she handled it fine even in her 50's it is really encouraging to me.

#374 of 824 Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Well, ladies, looks like I'm back here with you, or will be soon.

We just got back from an ultrasound - scheduled because of spotting over the weekend - where we learned the little bean died about 3 weeks ago. I am devastated. Completely shocked. Probably be scarce for a while, but I'll look ya'll up when we are ready to get back in the game.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#375 of 824 Old 10-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Oh, no! Karen, I'm so sorry.

#376 of 824 Old 10-05-2009, 11:39 PM

Karen, I'm sorry...
#377 of 824 Old 10-06-2009, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi msgb,

To echo everyone else's comments, it sounds like you are approaching motherhood with a great deal of thought and care, so you shouldn't worry about that at all. You will be a wonderful mama!

I wanted to chime in with my own experience as a single mama. I was married when I conceived my child, but our marriage fell apart while I was pg, and by the time dd was a few weeks old, I was pretty much solo. What carried me through was what you already know about... my head-over-heels crazy gaga love for my baby. It was hard being a single parent in so many ways (beyond the scope of this email), but I always felt blessed to have her, and honored to be taking care of her, and just completely crushed out on her. The key was surrounding myself with a network... I'm sure you've heard this. We spent (and continue to spend) a lot of time with my parents, and with friends who "got it" and with whom I could be real. I got over my reluctance to accept and ask for help. And I held tight to positive role models of single mothers... my favorite fantasy was imagining my dd and I as the gypsy mom/daughter duo in the Juliette Binoche film Chocolat!

I could go on... but I just wanted to give you a few words of encouragement about going it solo. It will be challenging, it will be exhausting, it will be adventurous, and you will never regret it.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#378 of 824 Old 10-06-2009, 12:39 AM

I'm so sorry, Karen...

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#379 of 824 Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 AM

Oh Karen, I am so, so sorry. My best wishes to you for getting the time and space you need to grieve however works for you.

#380 of 824 Old 10-06-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Karen I am so sorry Take as much time as you need we will be here for you.

#381 of 824 Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

AFM I am cd 4 flow is finally easing up. It was a doozy which I expected but then ya it wasn't really fun. Wrote a big long email to my TCM practitioner yesterday and am seeing her today. Maybe we can get things back on track.

#382 of 824 Old 10-06-2009, 01:31 PM

Karen I am so sorry for your loss.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#383 of 824 Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Karen.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#384 of 824 Old 10-07-2009, 10:46 AM

Karen I am so sorry for your loss.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#385 of 824 Old 10-07-2009, 06:53 PM

thinking of you, karen

i'm so sorry. it is just so awful.

when you are ready, there is a great bunch of mamas on the pregnancy loss forum who are nice to lean on, and of course, we are here for you. anytime.

my heart goes out to you.

xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#386 of 824 Old 10-07-2009, 08:50 PM

Big thanks to all of you. I am scheduled for a d&c tomorrow at noon (PDT). I am kind of dreading it, but at the same time so ready for it to be over, since it really ended almost a month ago, now! The CNM said to wait 2 cycles before trying again. But also that if I DID get pregnant before that, it would probably be OK. So, I have hope that early next year we will again be trying.

Good luck to all of you that are trying now! s to those who recently got AF, and to those in the 2ww.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#387 of 824 Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM

After taking a break, I'm still hanging in here. Feeling better about myself and finally starting to lose some weight.

Hope everone's well and sending happy vibes,
gerlassie
#388 of 824 Old 10-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Hi All,

I had a strange experience this month. It was my first month off BCP, and we weren't really ttc just yet, but only using withdrawal. At about 8dpo I started to have all kinds of crazy symptoms. Sorry to be graphic, but... constipation, cramping, shooting uterine pains, super tingly-ness and shooting pains in my bb's. At 14dpo, I could suddenly smell my oven and toaster (this happened when I was pg with dd)! When AF was officially 2 days late, I took a test and got a BFP! This was yesterday morning. I spent the day with my world rocked.

Then I started to spot around midnight last night. This morning, I tested again and got a BFN. Now is here, and it just seems like a normal one.

What gives? Has this happened to anyone else? Is this what they call a chemical pg? An early mc?

I really felt that I was pg, but had read others' cautionary tales about imaginary symptoms, so I wasn't sure what to think. My instincts and the first test tell me I was right, but then, so suddenly, everything changed.

Any wisdom and insight would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

#389 of 824 Old 10-09-2009, 07:17 PM

It was probably a chemical if you got a BFP. I had that happen to me and it was devastating (but I went for over a week thinking I was pregnant) I am sorry for your loss.

Whatever will be, already is...

#390 of 824 Old 10-09-2009, 09:19 PM

Thank you, BelovedK. I'm sorry to hear that this happend to you, as well. Now that I've done a little reading about it, it seems chemical pregnancies are very common. I feel an odd mixture of sadness, loss and also excitement... since I'm about to turn 42, I take this as a positive sign of my continued fertility.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page