40+ TTC~FALLing over to get pregnant - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2009, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am struck by all these dear posts. What a wonderful group of women.

MsGB and Halifax good to see you! MsGB sounds promising. Halifax, great to hear that your cycle is back to normal so quickly. Sounds like you have such a healthy, strong body. I don't like temping at the end either for the same reasons.

I am CD10 and having symptoms that aren't usual for this part of my cycle: nausea, sensitive nipples, and worst of all feeling super emotionally sensitive. I feel like I'm about to cry now and did last night. Yes, there are stressors in my life, but not beyond last week's. And yesterday I was impatient with ds and dh and yelled loudly a few times . VM, I remember you saying you had a few wonky cycles after you started TCM. Did it include this kind of stuff?

Adding to my confusion, I've been working with a homeopath for a few years on a constitutional remedy to address my asthma and tendency to get colds. He's found things that have helped, sometimes quite a bit, but we've still been looking for "the one." Well, he found a good contender recently and has sent it to me. This is a good window of time to take it in some ways, because I'm pre-O. You don't want to take a new one when pg--it's probably fine, but if something happened you'd never know. But, I feel like so much is going on with my body now with the TCM, it just seems like a bit much. I think I'd just wait, but if I do get pg, I'd sure like to have any help with my immune system coming into this winter. So :. Don't know if anyone would have any insight on that, but I thought writing about it might help.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
Karen: So your bb's never returned back to their pre-pregnancy state?! I don't know if anyone has ever warned me about this before. Oh dear. Hope your rash is a positive sign.
No! But I only weaned my DS in the middle of May, so they haven't have a lot of time to shrink down. My bf'ing friends said it took up to a year for normalcy to return (and one said she was smaller than before : ) I've already told my DH to start saving up for breast reduction - I'll give it a year after I've weaned my last child, then if they are still huge, I'm having surgery. I can't go through life this big!

POASx2 this morning (one from early-pregnancy-tests.com and one from Dollar Tree). I'd swear there is a the faintest, just barely-there line on both tests, but I just don't trust my eyes at this point! How long do you have to squint for an imaginary line to show up??? And of course, now it's been long enough for evap lines to show up, so staring at them now won't help! Wht to do? Continue testing every day!

MsGB - glad to "see" you! Keeping my : for your good CM and donor mixture.

mm - thinking of you. What tests are you using? Do you know their sensitivity? : for you!

Waturmama - I"m sorry you are feeling so off I have no insight re: the homeopathy; wish I had something to share with you

Halifax

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

They are the tests that come with the pre-seed

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 08-16-2009, 01:58 AM

Just barely there line sounds promising, Karen! This past month when I got a BFN I was struck by how clearly there was no line and that was distinct from the just barely there line I saw the month before. This is with the pink tests. The blue have those pesky evap lines. They are different from lines, too, but it is more confusing. Anyway I'm sending lots of wishes for a darker line for you the next time. :

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 08-16-2009, 02:56 AM

Wait, pink tests don't get evap lines? Hmmm....

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 08-16-2009, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

so how accurate are the internet cheapies?

Old 08-16-2009, 09:17 AM

15 dpo and just saw the faintest tinge to my CM when I wiped...looks like AF is simply going to start a few hours later the usual (normally kicks in in the morning). I often spot (just very faint tinging) the day before AF, when that didn't happen yesterday I did manage to allow myself a tiny bit of hope. It felt good to feel that, but it hurts so bad to have it dashed yet again....
Yet another cycle with "perfect" length and timing and no luck. I guess that despite being very healthy and having textbook predictible cycles, my eggs are simply feeling my 42 years...surely I must have one good one left???
Beautiful sunny day here, but hard to care at the moment.
Sorry for the gloomy post, will try to cheer myself and be thankful for what I have. I just needed to vent a little, some days are so hard.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Me-46 DH-45 DS born June 2012 TTC#2  July 2008 angel3.gif19 weeks, April 2010 angel1.gif @11 weeks, Sept 2010 angel1.gif @ 7 weeks. Feb 2011 angel1.gifangel1.gif twins @11 weeks. bfinfant.gifcd.gif

Old 08-16-2009, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

cd30 98.1 temp still no af. Boobs were extremely sore last nigh twhen I was getting undressed. I didn't test today maybe tomorrow is af is still away. I am trying not to drive myself crazy.
I went back and rechecked my chart to make sure I didn't have my dates wrong. Nope, I am really on cd 30.
((Hugs)) Halifax

Old 08-16-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Wht to do? Continue testing every day!
Nah, get you a digital test, preferably the very sensative kind : More expensive but less nervewracking!

MM :

Halifax Hate AF We all have some gold eggs in there somewhere -

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Old 08-16-2009, 01:26 PM

:

omigod omigod omigod

I'll be heading to Walgreen's shortly for a digital test...

BTW, MM, I've been using Internet cheapies. They showed very faint lines Fri and yesterday. The Dollar Store test showed a slightly darker, but still very visible, line yesterday (darker than the Internet tests, but not by much). Today on the Internet cheapie, line was faint but very evident. Definitely a line!

Halifax. That disappointment is so hard.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
so how accurate are the internet cheapies?
Meant to say, they are supposedly as sensitive as the First Response Early Result.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Well, I took the 1 hr gestational diabetes screen and failed it with a blood sugar level of 157. I wasn't entirely surprised as I have PCOS, but still I don't look forward to the 3 hr test and hope that I pass that one. I am also still anemic and the midwife wants me to up my iron to 25 mg three times per day along with my prenatal. Yikes! I'm already pretty constipated!
Floradix! No constipation and better absorbed. But spendy I buy mine from vitacost.

Yay Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations

Hi to the new ladies.

Vegan you are still my inspiration.

Too busy and tired to catch up with everyone. I'm on CD9 and starting some CM hmmm seems like I may be back to normal. Cross your fingers ladies maybe this will be a normal cycle and we will stand a chance this month.

Gotta run getting the house ready for appraisal so we can refinance saving $1500.00 per month if it goes through. We really need thi so any good vibes you can send us are greatly appreciated.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 08-16-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post

:

omigod omigod omigod

I'll be heading to Walgreen's shortly for a digital test...
yippeeeeee karen ! ! ! thrilled for you, many

:::

xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 08-16-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

karen1968 : So excited for you. Please send my way. I may go to the dollar tree today for a test to use in the am. What cycle day did you start testing?
I mean what is the feasability that I am pregnant and it just isn't showing up yet?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and didn't I just move you from getting ready to the hopefuls???

Old 08-16-2009, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

I picked up my stuff from the table this morning after Sunday School and hugged my books to my chest and WOWZA! It was like electricity coursed through my boobs. Like a super dooper let down feeling. Totally weird!

Old 08-16-2009, 05:32 PM

massaginmommy , I can't wait for you to test I wish you would just hold your pee and test this evening

Congrats Karen :

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

I may do that I am just so afraid to get another BFN
I think I have an Answer test here somewhere.
How long do I need to hold it. I am about to take a nap maybe I will test when I get up.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:37 PM

I would wait at least 3 hours, and don't drink anything. Can you go to the $ store? those are the most sensitive. Is the answer test a blue dye test? if so you might want to wait due to so many false positives, that would mess with your head.

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 08-16-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
I picked up my stuff from the table this morning after Sunday School and hugged my books to my chest and WOWZA! It was like electricity coursed through my boobs. Like a super dooper let down feeling. Totally weird!
oh my goodness, that sounds so like pg boobs ! : it just has to be ! ! ! so hopeful for you...

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 08-16-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin0105 View Post
Floradix! No constipation and better absorbed. But spendy I buy mine from vitacost.

Yay Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations

Hi to the new ladies.

Vegan you are still my inspiration.

Too busy and tired to catch up with everyone. I'm on CD9 and starting some CM hmmm seems like I may be back to normal. Cross your fingers ladies maybe this will be a normal cycle and we will stand a chance this month.

Gotta run getting the house ready for appraisal so we can refinance saving $1500.00 per month if it goes through. We really need thi so any good vibes you can send us are greatly appreciated.
hi kristin !

nice to see you. good luck on the appraisal and on this cycle ! ! !

xoxo

Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halifax40 View Post
15 dpo and just saw the faintest tinge to my CM when I wiped...looks like AF is simply going to start a few hours later the usual (normally kicks in in the morning). I often spot (just very faint tinging) the day before AF, when that didn't happen yesterday I did manage to allow myself a tiny bit of hope. It felt good to feel that, but it hurts so bad to have it dashed yet again....
Yet another cycle with "perfect" length and timing and no luck. I guess that despite being very healthy and having textbook predictible cycles, my eggs are simply feeling my 42 years...surely I must have one good one left???
Beautiful sunny day here, but hard to care at the moment.
Sorry for the gloomy post, will try to cheer myself and be thankful for what I have. I just needed to vent a little, some days are so hard.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
i'm sorry. sending you : peace and light !

xoxo

Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM

Well, the digital test was a BFN.

BUT...i think my urine is really dilute mid-day. I mean, I was doing OPKs during the right time, testing in the afternoon like the instructions said, and I NEVER got a surge. Yet I definitely O'd. So...dilute urine=false negative, right? There were two tests in the package, so I'm going to use the other one in the AM. I tend to have to pee around 3 or 4 in the morning, and I've been using that pee (into a cup and dipping later) for the testing.

MM, you SO need to go to the Dollar Store and use some of those tests! Do it in the morning, and we can both post our BFPs!! :

Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:

BUT...i think my urine is really dilute mid-day. I mean, I was doing OPKs during the right time, testing in the afternoon like the instructions said, and I NEVER got a surge. Yet I definitely O'd. So...dilute urine=false negative, right? There were two tests in the package, so I'm going to use the other one in the AM. I tend to have to pee around 3 or 4 in the morning, and I've been using that pee (into a cup and dipping later) for the testing.

MM, you SO need to go to the Dollar Store and use some of those tests! Do it in the morning, and we can both post our BFPs!! :
: :

xoxo

Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

The answer is pink not blue dye.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

OK I will go the Dollar Tree today and use that one in the am. I may take another internet cheapie after nap then. : for both of us

Old 08-16-2009, 06:40 PM

Floradix is really spendy, and I was taking it, but at the dose my midwife wanted me on, I would have had to buy a bottle every few days. Sigh. I wish there were a more affordable option that wasn't so hard on my body.
Good luck Karen and Laurie! Hope you both get BFPs soon!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 08-16-2009, 08:43 PM

Laurie and Karen: : Hoping to hear about two BFP's tomorrow!!!

Karen: I think the digitals are less sensitive than a lot of the other HPT's, so I really think it was just a matter not using FMU. Good luck with the next test!

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
Old 08-16-2009, 11:34 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Thinking +++++++ vibes for Karen and MM tomorrow!

I'm trying not to read too much into this, but when DS has nursed today I've felt really noticeable twinges in my breast (I only lactate on the one side due to radiation). He's been BFing so long that I really haven't had any sort of "let-down" feeling in ages; I honestly barely feel it when he latches on these days. But this morning, I was like, "Yipes!" The other sessions today were less noticeably twingey, but still more sensitive than usual. And Nursing Boob still feels sensitive to the touch, too, although Non-Nursing Boob doesn't really.

Hoping, hoping, hoping...at least 9-10 more days until it realistically makes sense to test, though.

Writer, breast cancer survivor, wife to Evan, Mommy to Annika (infant open adoption 2/3/06), Adrian (homegrown 3/11/08), and #3 due 6/17/10!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:02 AM

: : : Karen1968!! May that line get darker and darker.

MM, sounds so promising. This is the most days you've gotten into a cycle in a long time isn't it? The HCG range for healthy pregnancies is very wide. You could easily be pg and have a BFN even on a very sensitive test at this point. Here's some good info on that: http://www.ttcdreams.com/hpt.html

Halifax. It is discouraging, I know what you mean and my heart goes out to you. And...I'm not giving up hope on this cycle for you yet, I had a little bleeding at the time I expected my period with my first 2 pregnancies. I hopehopehope it turns out to be that.

Gina, definitely a potentially good sign. :

Stealthee, I love your new siggy! :

Kristin, sounds promising for back to normal. Sending good wishes for your refinance.

User Tag List