40+ TTC~FALLing over to get pregnant - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2009, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations Ellieandsomeoneelse'smomma!!! How wonderful. Happy babymoon!!

Stealthee, wow, you're 20 weeks already! Yay!

BuzzerBeater, I don't think it is inappropriate, but I do think it is risky because they could lose patients. It's so important to be comfortable there. If you don't like that one doctor, could you request not to see him? I think talking to your doctor is a good idea. Wow, about hopping on a plane. I don't understand enough about the process to really know what that means, but I do wish you so much luck and that good things come your way.

AFM, I'm 14dpo. Lots of cramps today. Guessing AF soon. Feeling discouraged, though trying to stay open until I know what's what (It ain't over till the Flo lady bleeds on my parade.)

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2009, 12:24 AM

Sara,
I'm so excited for you! Are you asking for any specific gender? How many fertilized eggs will you transfer? It's such a difficult decision...how many children are you open to having at once?

I would feel uncomfortable with the Christian items in the office. I think a dr's office should not have any of that stuff. They should not have a preference for any one specific religion. Religion is a very private thing. You do want to like your doc, so shop around if you must. You've got 9 months to shop...

Good luck! Keep us posted!
My potential donor goes in for a scan and evaluation on Friday, Sept 25th. If all goes well (and I imagine it will), we'll probably schedule a cycle for Nov or Dec. I still have the legal paperwork to figure out, and a place to stay....in San Diego. Nice warm vacation in Nov sounds good to me. It's already cold and damp here in New England. We barely had a summer this year. It really stinks.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 09-12-2009, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Ellliesmomma congrats and Welcome Shawn!!

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 09-12-2009, 12:45 PM

MSGB We're transferring one, yes one... for so many reasons. Our clinic has one of the higher success rates and we don't want twins. We don't care if it's a boy or girl, just a babe.

Good look with your donor and legal work. I know it's very different when you have a known donor. Take care.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 PM

nak

Congrats Ellie'smomma!

Sara, very excited for you!

How are our preggos doing?

My post m/c cycles were wonky, both times.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 09-12-2009, 08:39 PM

I am well into 15dpo now and still no blood. I almost always have spotting by now--usually full on bleeding. Yesterday I had bad cramps and felt fairly sure it would be over. Today the cramps are gone. Very confusing. I do feel nauseaus and senso-boobs but those things seem to be part of my luteal phase these days. Maybe the TCM has made my luteal phase longer. I'm afraid I'm going to start to get my hopes up and be disappointed. This monthly roller coaster ride is getting to me, I think.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 09-13-2009, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Waturmama I am holding my breath for you :
I am cd26 today and no sign of AF I had a little cramping earlier but nothing. I feel like I am trying to get sick. I expect her to arrive just in time to join that party .

Old 09-13-2009, 12:55 PM

CONGRATS Elliesmomma!!!!!! ::::::

I'm so glad you got the birth you hoped for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaturMama View Post
I am well into 15dpo now and still no blood.
I am sooooo : for you!!

AFM: I was expecting O somewhere between day 13-15... I O'd on day 11! I didn't have any OPKs until day 11... which was the day of O. I'm glad I paid attention to my EWCM, and we started BDing "early" because I didn't start taking OPKs until O day and I was all confused - why am I drying up? Where's my + OPK?

Then I got crosshairs and nearly fell outta my chair!

Well at least we got it covered... : for me! Another little chatterbox Gemini... June... a lovely month... c'mon ! :

I'm guess I'm officially waiting to know!!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
Old 09-13-2009, 01:53 PM

:

waturmama: my positive thoughts are with you !

ladies, what is the deal with early ovulation? is there a day that's really too early? my last two cycles i've o'd on cd11. today i'm cd8 and already having o pain...hmm.

i had a serendipitous experience at whole foods the other day...i was looking for loose black tea, and the lady working in bulk food told me they don't sell any (?!). but. she then said: "i have this whole bag of some herb tea that i cannot sell, but i could give it to you. i'm not sure what it is, let me go get it..." she came back with a bag of red raspberry leaf tea i got a whole huge bag of it free i took this as a good sign. and a sign that i need to stop my caffeine intake. which i did. and now today i have a headache.

xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 09-13-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post
hi guys, just wanted to pop in and say hi. i had my baby at the very end of the holiday weekend. had a great, unmedicated natural child birth at the hospital, supported by two doulas and a midwife. it was tough, but a great experience. you can read the complete birth story here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...5#post14362605

thanks everyone for your support during TTC and throughout the pregnancy. i wish everyone here can have as great an experience as i did.
: Congratulations Elliesmom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post
Stealthee, I just feel a bit disapproved of, and I am looking for something to attribute it to. He's very uncomfortable around us, and I just don't need it. It's not like I have even figured out how to deal with this in the general public or my family yet. Sperm donation doesn't have the same psycho/social baggage with it...

On another note, my donor has 15 !!!! follicles!!!!!: and we're hopping on a plane tomorrow!! I'm so excited (and scared) I could just about pass out. We could have transfer by Wednesday.
Wish me luck, I just know it's my turn for good things!
Sara

The christian theme wouldn't necesarily make me feel they disaproved but it would just generally creep me out as I'm with MSGB and feel religion is a personal thing and should not be displayed all over the place.

Quote:
I am well into 15dpo now and still no blood. I almost always have spotting by now--usually full on bleeding. Yesterday I had bad cramps and felt fairly sure it would be over. Today the cramps are gone. Very confusing. I do feel nauseaus and senso-boobs but those things seem to be part of my luteal phase these days. Maybe the TCM has made my luteal phase longer. I'm afraid I'm going to start to get my hopes up and be disappointed. This monthly roller coaster ride is getting to me, I think.
Ditto

MsGB. good luck! I hope all goes well.

AFM I think I may be out of the running this month. Although I am not sure where I really am in my cycle as I have been too busy to temp most days. DH fell at work and broke his tailbone after which he got up and while walking across a parking lot he passed out fell on his face and broke his orbital bone and his nose in too many places to count. He had surgery on Thursday to repair the damage to his nose. I am not sure he will be up to any bd for a while. Now we are holding our breath and hoping this will be covered by workman's compensation. The initial Er bill is so far, $9600.00+ there will be a few more bills from that visit and I don't even want to think what the cost of the nasal surgery is going to be.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 09-13-2009, 03:21 PM

Thanks so much for the good thoughts. I'm really getting nutty. I'm 16dpo. Still no blood. I'm scared to test. I'm scared of seeing one line. I felt more pregnant last month. My son has a performance today. Maybe I'll wait until after that. Whatever happens if I test I'll probably be quite distracted.

BHappy and MI_Dawn I hope the early O is the lucky O for you both. I don't think there is such a thing as too early. A friend of mine conceived a surprise child during her period (at age 38).

MI_Dawn--I love that you figure out the due date and potential sun sign after the O date, too. That is a fun part of the TWW for me.

BHappy--I love your tea story. Happy sipping.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:25 PM

Kristin, we were writing at the same time. I'm so sorry to hear that all happened to your dh. Ouchouchouch. I hope he has a speedy recovery and that the process goes as smoothly as possible for your family.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Thanks. He is actually doing pretty good considering. he went to see my acupuncturist the next day and he said that helped tremendously. I wanted him to go again after the surgery but he didn't have the time he had to work this weekend : Keep your fingerscrossed his company decides to cover it otherwise it's going to be a real problem for us. Poor DH.

I'll be lloking for your post to see how your test turned out.

And yes you can ovulate too early. If the egg is released too early it will not be mature enough to be fertilized. It is one of the major issues I treat with TCM as we age our eggs are released earlier in the cycle.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for the good thoughts. I'm really getting nutty. I'm 16dpo. Still no blood. I'm scared to test. I'm scared of seeing one line. I felt more pregnant last month. My son has a performance today. Maybe I'll wait until after that. Whatever happens if I test I'll probably be quite distracted.
Test test test test!!!! I'm so bad....

: !!!!! :

Quote:
BHappy and MI_Dawn I hope the early O is the lucky O for you both. I don't think there is such a thing as too early. A friend of mine conceived a surprise child during her period (at age 38).
So good to hear... I couldn't believe how early O was! I wonder what's up with that, though?

Quote:
MI_Dawn--I love that you figure out the due date and potential sun sign after the O date, too. That is a fun part of the TWW for me.
I'm always future-thinking a potential baby's chart that way... I wanted an Aries (like William) and we missed that one. Then, it was Taurus, and that was my dad's sign (he died of a stroke 6 weeks before William was stillborn, and William was named after him) and that would have been apropos, too. Now it's on to Gemini... my sister and my daughter are Geminis... constantly going and talking! lol Then comes Cancer and then Leo... but I'm soooo hoping this is the month and we get another little chatterbox!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 PM

Wow, looks like we might be having some more BFPs soon!
AFM, I am still anemic as of my most recent blood work (which was done at 28 weeks), they will be redoing it again at 36 weeks along with a GBS swab. I hope it's better but my dentist noticed I looked anemic (pale gums, I guess?) so I'm thinking the iron is just not being absorbed. She said to make sure to take plenty of spirulina and chlorella with the iron, but I hate the taste of the stuff (and am not wanting more pills). I have an ultrasound scheduled for 9/25 to recheck the placenta -- let's hope it's moved up. I really want another vaginal birth and the chance to birth at home.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Pookie how about alfalfa tablets? I took those my last pregnancy and no anemia problems at all. Can you get Wheat grass juice? That would help withthe iron absorbtion as well.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

me cd27 no AF yet. Maybe my cycles are just lengthening. :-/

Old 09-13-2009, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lots of exciting things going on right now!

I hope this is your month Waturmama.

Kristin0105: Aye yi yi. That accident sounded bad...especially the fainting fall and broken nose. I can't believe he had to work so soon. Hope he is feeling better.

MSGB Am glad to be reading that you're ED and IVF is progressing.

Buzzer Beater GOOD LUCK!

Congrats Ellies mom.

Hi Stealthee and Veganmama!

: to everyone else!

I am 17 weeks today. Feel good. Haven't had much chance to exercise and feel tired and groggy. I have been bouncing around, staying at different homes for 6 weeks now. Still waiting for my closing day. Two weeks late so far. The new mortgage rules have slowed things down. I can't wait to get into my house and sleep in my own bed.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 09-13-2009, 10:49 PM

came. Freaking 15 day luteal phase. I know that's a good thing, but it's pissing me off right now. That's not the part I wanted. Plus, it got my hopes up. .

Old 09-14-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
came. Freaking 15 day luteal phase. I know that's a good thing, but it's pissing me off right now. That's not the part I wanted. Plus, it got my hopes up. .
ohhhhh i'm sorry.

xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 AM

s Waturmama that is really too bad but it is good that you have a nice long LP.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:39 PM

Waturmama: Oh dang it! Sorry that AF arrived.

Sunrise: Wow, 17 weeks already! Yay! Hoping that you'll be sleeping in your own bed very soon.

MM/Laurie: Are you hopeful this month? : I hate that we can't put links to our charts in our signatures anymore.

Pookie: Really hoping that your placenta has moved up and you get to have a homebirth.

MIDawn: I like Geminis too. Hope you get the little chatterbox you want!

Kristin: Oh dear! Wishing your DH a speedy recovery and full coverage from workers' comp.

BHappy: You probably don't want to O much earlier than CD11, but I feel like I've seen quite a few pregnancy charts on FF with O as early as CD9. (I have been know to spend way too much time looking at other people's charts. )

BuzzerBeater: Great news about your donor! Best of luck with fertilization and transfer. Keep us posted.

Ms. GB: Continued good luck with your ED journey. Hopefully you will be pregnant by the end of the year!

Veganmama: Always good to hear from you. I hope that little Declan is doing great.

to anyone I missed. AFM, I'm 21 weeks today. I'm feeling great and really starting to look pregnant. Wishing everyone lots of

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Stealthee thanks for asking I am not really hopeful this month. My chart is super wonky and doesn't show O and I am not sure I O'd
I have a slight headache today could either be af on her way or the fact that the wind here is howling and everytime a front moves in I get a headache.
I just have this feelign that my cycle is stretching out and that is really okay. I have always started by cd26 at the latest so it is nice to not have af so often. I do need to get in for more regular acupuncture. It just seems tough lately to plan it. I have a 45 minute drive to get there. Takes a big chunk outta the day.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Waturmama Sorry found you

Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Stealthee a lot of us have a link to our chart on the front page.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:03 AM

Thank you for the virutal hugs and caring thoughts.

I really didn't start full on bleeding until the wee hours of last night, most cycles I'd call this CD1 so I guess it was a 16 day luteal phase. Very strange. I asked my TCM practioner if she thought that was what she was doing and she said no. I'm confused about that.

We've had several good tries now. We're going to have dh's sperm tested--start to get some info on where to put our energy.

MM, yikes about the 45 minute drive to TCM. That sounds daunting. I wonder if she would give you a way to do some out home--like acupressure or those pokey little stickers--so you could have fewer appointments but still be getting some benefit in between.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:20 PM

can u add me to hopefuls again

i am officially 40 now and ttc...asap

dh does not know, but he is a much younger man....and this could take a while...if at all

i won't be charting until i get more sleep...and besides it is a big give away....temping...dh would snap!

took 3 years to get ds...another almost 2 for dd...irish twins would be nice

VM: couch to 5k here.....so far more couch than k...lol

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

saoirse2007 So you are just letting whatever happens happen? Are you breastfeeding? You crack me up I don't even think I would be thinking of having sex again at this point LOL I will move you I do understand where you are coming from. If I had it to do over I would have worked a little harder at trying again when ds was under two. We really didn't start temping etc until he was past 3 and I was over 42 by then.

AFM cd29 no af temp drop this morning. Super wonky chart.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:12 AM
shy

i admire all of you for posting here and offering such wonderful support - i wish i could post regularly but i am so afriad i will jinx it! i am afraid even now, but i also feel like, here i am enjoying this support, i should join as well.

I am 40 as of June and have been TTC since last November, and paying more attention to TTC since February. So that puts us at 6+months.

we BD twice last cycle, probably 2days before and 1 day after O.
and O'd after DTD.
cycles are irregular, but I think 2WW ends tomorrow

:
hopeful

mama to (age 6), 12/09 9/09 4/10 for someday.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 AM

Welcome shy! Lots of good wishes that your 2WW ends with good news :

User Tag List