Ovulating about 2-3 Days AFTER hubby leaves. Can We still Catch Eggy if we do it the day before? - Mothering Forums
Trying To Conceive > Ovulating about 2-3 Days AFTER hubby leaves. Can We still Catch Eggy if we do it the day before?
Authentic_Mother's Avatar Authentic_Mother 05:34 PM 08-07-2009
My hubby leaves on Sunday afternoon. I ovulate roughly 2-3days after that. If I use preseed, on Sunday afternoon - and we do it - is there any chance I can still get preggo a couple days later?
Trying to figure out if I should bother wasting an applicator full of preseed when it's so freaking expensive!

foodmachine's Avatar foodmachine 05:48 PM 08-07-2009
I believe there is a chance when you are in the 2-3 day range, but I don't know how big a chance related to your costs. Not a great answer...good luck mama!
Juvysen's Avatar Juvysen 06:33 PM 08-07-2009
Sperm can live up to 5 days in your body under favorable conditions. So, I'd say, yes, it's possible (and more likely you'll have a girl )
Authentic_Mother's Avatar Authentic_Mother 06:38 PM 08-07-2009
**SQUEAL** I hope so! I would love to have a boy - but will take whatever god chooses to bless me with! Im going to use the preseed~!
YummyYumYumMama's Avatar YummyYumYumMama 06:47 PM 08-07-2009
we conceived DD 3 days before O! :
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Sk8ermaiden 06:51 PM 08-07-2009
New studies actually show that in the most favorable conditions, sperm can live up to 7 days. Our baby girl was conceived 6 days pre O, so it definitely is possible.
Juvysen's Avatar Juvysen 06:55 PM 08-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
New studies actually show that in the most favorable conditions, sperm can live up to 7 days. Our baby girl was conceived 6 days pre O, so it definitely is possible.
Nice! I thought I had heard that, but wasn't sure, so I went with 5 which was the old standard
bublegirl1's Avatar bublegirl1 08:43 PM 08-07-2009
Well if you look at my chart, you can see we DTD many days before I probably O'd and a few days after and I still got PG. I would go for it!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26de2a

Ok for some reason it doesn't show DTD days on this link but we DTD on July 6 and July 18 and I had EWCM from July 9-13. I thought I O'd around the 13th since it dried up the next day but that would make the sperm live for 7 days and I don't know if that's possible so maybe I O'd in the middle around July 10..but like I said, go for it!!
Authentic_Mother's Avatar Authentic_Mother 01:56 AM 08-08-2009
oh you ladies give me so much hope!! hubby and i are going to use the preseed sunday before he leaves!!! then we will watch the chart!!! thank you! feel free to keep telling mde stories about it working for yall!!!
Up