Charting help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2009, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hadn't previously temped because I wake up several times a night. Sometimes for an hour at a time. Also I tend to wake up sometime between 5am and 8am. (I have a 3 yr old son who sleeps with me)
Is it also important to take your temperature as soon as you wake up? The dang thing beeps like a fire alarm. WHY does it need to beep 10 times? Once will do, the thing is right in my face 3 inches from my ears! I usually try to lie there until he wakes up so as not to wake him with it. I don't get up until I have taken my temp. (I have woken him twice). I really don't care what the temps are, I just want to use it to confirm ovulation.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2009, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
enigo, i asked the same thing. i don't have a child to complicate things, but i wake up often. someone recommended taking it every time i wake up, and see how they compare. over time a pattern should emerge that will help you be sure.

i know that's probably even worse, b/c of the beeping, but i definitely think as you're awake, your temp will rise. maybe if the first wake time is always at least after 3 hrs of sleep, it would be easiest and most consistent?

if you turn over the thermometer, there's a little hole you can see (on all the ones i've used). if you plug that firmly w/ your thumb while you temp, the beeping is much quieter. i also push the button after the first beep, then push it again to reveal the temp, since digis save the last temp.

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

User Tag List