THE ONE THREAD, August 9th - 15th - Mothering Forums

#1 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the ONE THREAD, August 9 - August 15.

To keep the list manageable you will be deleted after a month of not posting. If you would like to be a thread keeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
(Ovulate)
Allie-Gator
bananabee :
blondemom2bstl
Bri'sgirl
Caramiia
Carrin :
courtrn :
Danielle13 :
enigo
Evergreen :
GrapesBunch :
hopeful2009 :
jjm91785 :
LittleBirdy
LZP :
Marilyn82 :
MoOnFiReGlOw :
Mountaingirl79 :
MI_Dawn :
Nanette56 :
Nina1707 :
pacificbliss
Pinoikoi :
praying4baby!
SaraMum :
Shannie77
shellnurse
Stevi :
tinynyota :
xekomaya :

:Waiting to Know :
(Two Week Wait)
amym72
angela1435 :
Apricot :
Beccasteve03 :
BelovedK :
Dirkey
firespiritmelody
graciegal
jules5874
kalamos23 :
MahnaMahna :
Mizyellow
sh0rty0143
songtothemoon
S.T.B.MRSJ
Tear78 :
Virginia884 :
xtara2003x

Waiting for Aunt Flo
miriam_bat_avraham :

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting for DF
MaerynPearl :

Waiting for Results
shellnurse

Waiting to be Ready
jenger
Lyndzies :
MrsMike :
Newbian Mama
sleepingbeauty
WTHamI? :
YummyYumYumMama :

PREGNANT

: AUGUST BFPS!!!:
Peace+Hope :
Jeannabna :
Oztok5 :

JULY BFPS!!!
Beating Earth :
bublegirl1
ivymae :
jenfl :
Jenifer76 :
Plummeting
ryleeee
waylonsmama :

JUNE BFPS!!!
Geigerin
HappiLeigh :
katie34 :
loulie :
lucy_v :
Mompy :
momtothebean :
singin_angel :
skeeter30 :

MAY BFPs!!!
blondemom2bstl :
Lauren31 :
moondiapers :
Valid28 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to this week's One Thread!

I hope we make this the week of many BFPS. : I'm pretty sure P+H made all of the updates to the end of the last thread since she is a very dedicated thread mistress, but if you are in the wrong place, please let me know.

As a reminder, you can add your chart as your Homepage so that it is easily accessible to people who want to check it. Here are directions:

1) Go to FertilityFriend and copy the URL for your Homepage
2) Go to MDC and use the "Quick Links" menu to navigate to the "Edit Your Details" option
3) Paste your FF Homepage URL into the "Home Page URL" field which can be found under "Optional Information"

Thanks again to P+H for updating the new keeper thread!
#3 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oztok, thanks for the new thread!

Grapesbunch, : I think your chart is still awesome. Sometimes BFPs don't show up until later.

MFG I'm sorry, treat yourself today.

Beloved :, keep enjoying yourself girl!!!

P+H: your temps will go up and down during pregnancy, and that is normal. I totally agree with not temping during pregnancy, because every slight downward temp gave me an anxiety attack. There's no information to be gained unless it plummets, and frankly, if that's going to happen, I don't want to know about that until I have to face it. And by the way, my temps didn't plummet until at least a week after my m/c. What I'm trying to say is, stop temping, sit back, and enjoy being a pregnant lady, cause you are!!! : Someone wise once said to me that you have to assume that everything is ok, because it probably is, and it's best for you and the baby to think that way.

Apricot, thanks. and happy BDing!

Stevi, I hope when your SO comes home you two have a great conversation and he's on board. Waiting is hard.

Ok, everybody else, I can't keep up! Thinking of y'all!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#4 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 10:40 AM

Belovedk- Yay!!!!! I'm glad you got some babymaking in on your honeymoon. Thats exciting! Hope it continues when you get home.

Sorry to everyone that got their AF's. s

AFM- I think I figured out how to get my chart as my homepage. Let me know if it does or doesn't work. I am 4 dpo. Let the obsessing begin!!!!

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan
#5 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 AM

No wonder I was so moody. Maybe FF was right about my O date after all.

: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52...p/DSCN0600.jpg

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#6 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannabna View Post

Congrats!! :: Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy ::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramiia View Post
Im was bleeding this morning, whats that about? a week after AF.. is that normal??? Looked brand new and it was a large spot.. Im sure its nothing to worry about but ive never had it before. Thanks!
Did you have some really randy sex? Maybe your cervix was just irritated.

afm - I'm tempted to ask you (thanks for the new thread Oztok!) to move me to WTF Is Going On, but I'll give it another day or two. My temp went back down this morning - no fast or slow temp rise. WTF. I really thought I O'd sometime between CD15 & 17, but my temps sure don't look that way.
When I woke up this morning I had a ton of CM - I'd say it was more watery/stretchy than EW. We BD'd just in case, but I'm just not hopeful anymore. I don't even think I'm going to be excited during my 2WW (if there is one - maybe this cycle was anovulatory?).

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#7 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM

CD4 is nice and mellow I'm not even wearing my keeper. I will be glad to be off AF this week as I am getting my wisdom teeth out Wed. Dh will be home Tuesday night, tne I will be recovered just in time for ovulation (on the 21st more than likely). I think after a whole month of no bding he will be more than ready to make a !

Sooo excited the new thread keeper has a BFP on her very first day. I hope this is the start of a super productive week!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#8 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:

: Congratulations! Wishing you a H&H 9 months!:

Christie SAHM to DD~10/03, DS~4/06, & ~3/09 &
Arrived 1-14-10
#9 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:

Congrats!!! Sending sticky vibes!
: : : : :

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#10 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, Jeannabna!! : May I move you to the August BFP list?

Tear - I'm 7 DPO, so we're pretty much like cycle buddies.

angela1435 - Your chart worked! It's a pretty chart, too!

MahnaMahna - I would give it a few more days... I thought the same thing about my cycle last month. I was convinced it was going to be anovulatory, but I finally did O around CD 23. Now this month I went back to Oing on CD 16, which is MUCH more common for me. Don't give up on it yet, some months are just wonky!

Evergreen - I'm glad AF is being kind this cycle. If I forget, good luck with your surgery. My biggest advice is to try to stay as relaxed as possible since I really think it helps with the healing. Oh, and don't eat rice! LOL
#11 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:00 PM

Yay Jeannabna! : What a way to start the new thread! Sending you vibes!

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
#12 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:04 PM

Oztok5- yes please move me!
Thanks everyone. It was a spur of the moment thing and I was practically cursing at myself for even testing so early. Now all of the signs are obvious of course.

Jeanna, proud mama to 3 sweet girls!
#13 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread Oztok!

I got so far behind on the last thread I decided just to jump back in here. I was awy for four days.

CONGRATULATIONS Jeannabna!!! :::::

Tear. Nice to see you.
#14 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Pacificbliss, good to see you again!

Jeannabna, wow! : stickystickysticky

Oztok, I love having cycle buddies! : for us!

Evergreen, good luck with the surgery!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#15 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Wooooot Congrats!!! :::

Thanks for the shiny new thread Oztok!

Well girls, I've got no clue whats going on. I'm supposedly 12dpo. My last lp was 10 days (I was on a long temping break before that due to some frustrating anovulatory cycles) . My temp went up a smidge today again. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I didn't ovulate on CD23 after all. I tested again this morning and you guessed it, bfn. Do you guys think I would be getting a bfp by now on the off chance I was pg? Since my last lp was 10 days I just kind of assumed I would be able to know by now. Grrr.

I feel pms ish...mainly I feel witchy and by bbs are super sore and the usual pms deal. I really thought I'd see a dip and see af later today.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#16 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 PM

hey everyone Thanks for the new thread. : jeannabna!!!!! YAY!

Does anyone else get annoyed with everyone telling you to "stop trying and it will happen"? I'm so sick of hearing that. Well, if that were the case then the 9 months that we weren't trying but weren't protecting would have made it happen. It's like they don't understand that somepeople have to try. No, you don't have to stress about it, but some people do have to try. I just happen to be one of those people. It's sooo easy for people to say stop trying, when they get pregnant after 2 months of "trying". But try having nearly 2 years of unprotected sex with 10 cycles of active trying, and 4 pregnancy losses. THEN tell me to stop trying :

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#17 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
Does anyone else get annoyed with everyone telling you to "stop trying and it will happen"? I'm so sick of hearing that. But try having nearly 2 years of unprotected sex with 10 cycles of active trying, and 4 pregnancy losses. THEN tell me to stop trying :
Danielle I totally get this. It is such a trigger for me, especially when people say it who aren't trying, or who had a whoopsie, or some such similar circumstance. Unless someone has experienced what it's like to try and fail, cycle after cycle, or to succeed and lose the LO, I feel like they can't begin to understand the strain it causes, or the impact on daily life when you have to make different life choices "just in case" for over a year of your life. I'm sorry, I wish I could fix it, for both of us.

Remembering our 3 losses

#18 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 PM

Jeannabna - Congrats!!! : : :

Danielle13

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#19 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:35 PM

Danielle YES I know exactly what you are talking about. I find in funny in a way (funny perplexing funny more than haha funny) that people still by and large have NO IDEA HOW BABIES ARE MADE!!! I mean really. A disturbing lot of people think you can get pregnant any time sperm is in the vagina. I think its maybe sex ed designed for scaremongering more than education that is the culprit.

My husband told me after about a year of "not trying not preventing" that he felt robbed because all the movies and in sex ed it seems like no matter when you have sex and/or what kind of protection you use you WILL get pregnant. lol. I think he really thought you had like a 99% chance of getting pregnant anytime you had unprotected sex.

Anyway that was kind of a tangent, but yes it is severely annoying.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
#20 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oztok5- yes please move me!
Thanks everyone. It was a spur of the moment thing and I was practically cursing at myself for even testing so early. Now all of the signs are obvious of course.
Consider yourself MOVED! Woo! How exciting is it that the first move of the week was a BFP?

Marilyn82 - I'm sorry this month is turning out to be so frustrating. I know I would be irritated, too.

Danielle13 - I'm sorry people can be insensitive. I know it can be an awkward thing for people to talk about so they just say something, but it doesn't help it hurt any less.
#21 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 02:02 PM

Omg omg omg! Congrats, Jeanna!!!

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#22 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 02:48 PM

oooooh beloved i was psyched to read that. GO SPERM GO. i know how hard it is to have a DH who is on the fence and keeps thinking about not TTC when all you wanna do is make that baby! i hope the BDing continues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Ok, everybody else, I can't keep up! Thinking of y'all!
tear, i just want you to know that reading your experiences and perspective has really helped me to be more zen about ttc. so, thanks! :

Quote:

YAY! congratulations!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
When I woke up this morning I had a ton of CM - I'd say it was more watery/stretchy than EW. We BD'd just in case, but I'm just not hopeful anymore. I don't even think I'm going to be excited during my 2WW (if there is one - maybe this cycle was anovulatory?).
i think you're gearing up to O late. i have been Oing CD24-33 myself, so maybe it is part of nursing a toddler or some other weirdness, but i say keep the sexin' going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn82 View Post
Do you guys think I would be getting a bfp by now on the off chance I was pg? Since my last lp was 10 days I just kind of assumed I would be able to know by now. Grrr.
with the temps you do have as well as CM, you do look like you're about 12 dpo, but that is weird that your LP is longer AND you're getting BFNs. i TOTALLY understand that one, man - my LP has been getting longer and longer the 5 cycles i've been TTC and has driven me NUTS. and then last cycle i had a 19 day LP and no BFP due to an ovarian cyst. stupid bodies!

i will say though that my LP was 10 days or less the year before i conceived DD, and i didn't get a BFP until 12 dpo with her, so maybe yours is coming? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
Does anyone else get annoyed with everyone telling you to "stop trying and it will happen"?
so often people think they're being helpful or giving good advice and all they're doing is being insensitive. i hope that before you know it you're pregnant with a sticky baby and instead dealing with people giving unsolicited advice to you about pregnancy and birth and having a baby!

afm CD16 and i think O is coming up soon. i am SO HORNY. i can barely take it. i'm actually not sure if we're really gonna try this cycle. my back has been really screwed up... i still can't walk or take care of DD on my own. i can't IMAGINE adding pregnancy to the mix. i hate this. i feel like my body is totally against me. i had so many daydreams when we moved here (in feb) that DD and i would spend the summer playing outside at the water park near our house, and i would be pregnant, and you know... all those little fantasies the mind indulges in. well, apparently i can't even watch the kid i've got, let alone feel good about trying to make a new one, all thanks to my stupid back.

i hate thinking like this... i got through my pregnancy with her, and i know what to do to make things better for my back, but as soon as i start having this debilitating lasting pain i just feel like a waste of space who isn't worth anyone's time.

hahahaha. this totally emo message has been brought to you by chronic pain and the mental effect of painkillers. anyway ladies, cheer me up with some more BFPs!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#23 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 PM

I think I may go pick up some OPKs. My CM is confusing me... It's been EW since my AF ended, but it's a bit creamy today... I usually O around CD14, so it's too early to dry up!

Everybody have a Reproductive Day!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#24 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Ozto5k - Thanks for the new thread!!

Tear - thank you! It's nice to have some ppl to talk to who are on the same journey and understand how truly difficult it is to have been ttc and to get af yet AGAIN!

Jeannabna - CONGRATS!! :::

AFM - Well this is officially the WORST I've had since getting my IUD out! I'm almost wondering if this is the first time I've actually O'd and it finally triggered a true period? Or if my uterus finally has a decent lining on it since getting the IUD out...ah well, on to cycle #4 (although it feels MUCH longer b/c of my freaky 45+ day cycle!)

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#25 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Hi Everyone!! Marilyn82 and Danielle, I totally agree. Sex Ed doesn't educate people about how babies are really made. At all.

BelovedK, : It's a beautiful day in the mountains today! Hope you are having a wonderful honeymoon!

Jeannabna, CoNGRATS!!! : : :

YYYM, Hope your back feel better soon. Does it tend to act up at certain times? Am I remembering right and you are taking maca? Is that why you are so ? Heehee.

AFM, I've taken another test, they are the ultra sensitive ones and I am getting bfn's so I'm really just waiting for AF really at this point. I guess I'll change my status in a few days. Im 12 dpo. This means we get to try again.....so I should be positive about that! : I'm gonna keep taking my maca, I love it. Dh takes it too, I think we will move up a dose this month and see what happens. We've only been trying for 7 months ( six if you count the month we missed my O completely by accident as a "not trying month.... : ) , our time is coming soon. A May baby would be wonderful!

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#26 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post

afm CD16 and i think O is coming up soon. i am SO HORNY. i can barely take it. i'm actually not sure if we're really gonna try this cycle. my back has been really screwed up... i still can't walk or take care of DD on my own. i can't IMAGINE adding pregnancy to the mix. i hate this. i feel like my body is totally against me. i had so many daydreams when we moved here (in feb) that DD and i would spend the summer playing outside at the water park near our house, and i would be pregnant, and you know... all those little fantasies the mind indulges in. well, apparently i can't even watch the kid i've got, let alone feel good about trying to make a new one, all thanks to my stupid back.

i hate thinking like this... i got through my pregnancy with her, and i know what to do to make things better for my back, but as soon as i start having this debilitating lasting pain i just feel like a waste of space who isn't worth anyone's time.

hahahaha. this totally emo message has been brought to you by chronic pain and the mental effect of painkillers. anyway ladies, cheer me up with some more BFPs!
can I just say you are adorable and hilarious? But I am so sorry you are dealing with this pain. I wish I had some wonderful advice for you, but just remember all you need to do is be the best mama YOU can be, and not try to live up to some ideal fantasy mama. I'm sure your DD thinks you hung the moon

Try to me gentle with yourself

#27 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 03:19 PM

Jeannabna : Yeah! Congrats to you!!

AFM - I'm on cd 6, so nothing to report. The only thing that I'm wondering about id that my last two AF's haven't been as heavy as I've had them in the past and they didn't quite last as long. More like 4 days, with days 1 and 4 being light. Verses in teh past I always had 5 FULL days of regular bleeding. This time is was also more clotty and mucusy. Does any of this mean anything, or can AF's vary that much?
#28 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 03:39 PM

subbing!
#29 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 04:03 PM

Making honey lemon soy salmon with tortellini and lettuce for supper !:

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#30 of 334 Old 08-09-2009, 04:11 PM

Jeannabna- Congrats!!! YAY!

Danielle- Sorry people can be jerks sometimes. Hope you take an emotional turn soon.

AFM: Nothing new since this morning. LOL. My stomach is a little messed up so DH took the kids to a friends house so I can relax. Blah.

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page