Question about brand new pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

I am new here. I have a 2 1/2 y. old and have been trying to conceive #2 for about 7 months now.
I took an early pregnancy test and got a finally got a positive this month. So, I am about 3 weeks along right now (haven't even called my midwife yet) but I started some bleeding today. It is not that heavy at this point, actually really light. But I think that this is too late for implantation bleeding. Does anyone have some info or advice for me?
I am just worried and sad. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have no advice, just wanna give you a hug.

No idea, but I hope it's just a little spotting!

Maybe it's time to call your midwife?

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#3 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply,

I did call. They aren't in on Tuesdays, and as I am not set up with them as an existing patient (I just know who I plan on using) I don't feel like I should call the emergency/I'm having my baby number. I tried another office that has a good reputation and am hoping that they will call back.
#4 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 06:20 PM

No personal experience with this but to you. I hope it's over soon. I have heard that implantation spotting generally occurs close to your expected AF time, so if you have just gotten an early +, I'd say that's right on time.

Wife to rockin' SAHD DH (34) and mom to DD :, born Nov. 07 (from IUI #4); 09/09; anxious to TTC again soon
#5 of 7 Old 08-11-2009, 06:22 PM

*Hugs*

Spotting is not abnormal in pregnancy. It may be okay...I hope you get to talk to a midwife soon.

single mama, started TTC Jan 2009, 12 IUIs w/frozen sperm, 3 self-insem w/fresh sperm; IVF cycle March 2011 gave me my beautiful daughter who is now 2 yrs old!!! Trying to make her a baby sibling from my frosties, 2 natural cycle FETs=bfn, on a medicated FET cycle now.
#6 of 7 Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 AM

I had about 4 days (or around that) of bleeding after I found out I was pregnant with #2. I didn't get a bfp until the day after AF was due and it was another 1-2 weeks after that when I started to bleed. My MW told me to take it easy for a couple of weeks, to quit my exercise routine (cardio kick-boxing) and not lift anything very heavy. I now have a very healthy 3 1/2 yo. I hope you can get into the office soon.

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#7 of 7 Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone,
I got in today and am doing an HCG level just to see. If it is high enough, we will do the second one in 48 hours. I had no bleeding, spotting, nothing with my first so this is really nerve racking.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page