Heavy implantation bleeding? - Mothering Forums
Trying To Conceive > Heavy implantation bleeding?
Juise's Avatar Juise 07:12 PM 08-19-2009
Hi there. I want to get a few opinions, I know a little patience will resolve this anyway, but.. well, I don't have a little patience! We had been planning to TTC for awhile, we started on the 7th of August. On the 8th I woke up bleeding. It was pretty light, and I wondered and I thought, "really?" but over the next few days it progressed into what really seemed like a normal period, it lasted about 6 days, as is my usual. I wouldn't say it was a particularly heavy period, but by no means was it light.

Today, 12 days later. I have been nauseous every day for the last week, and crampy for the last few days. My (to be frank) poop has been crazy, swapping from one end of the spectrum (practically liquid) to the other (I swear I need to go, why can't I go?) almost every other day. I haven't heard of this, I thought it was pretty much constipation that marked pregnancy? Also, today I have started to have a rather shocking amount of discharge I don't remember that happening in my first pregancy, although I know they are all different. Does this happen to some people?

Well, I picked up a few pregnancy tests today. I know it's ridiculously early, but.. well, in this, I just can't make myself be patient I was really planning on no resolution, but I couldn't wait anyway, and took one as soon as I got home. (4:00 in the afternoon) Almost immediately a very faint blue line appeared, it got a little less faint over the next ten minutes, but not much. It is hardly there, but, without a doubt, there.

Well, I got all sorts of excited and ran to tell DH, who in turn got very excited. He wanted to look at the POAS too, and came back saying he didn't really think there was anything there. I pointed out to him where it was and he said yeah, but he thinks it is so faint that it is just showing where the chemicals (or whatever they use, cultures?) are that are supposed to react, and not a reaction at all. Er... does that happen? I've never seen anything like that before, and I swear I look pretty (obsessively) hard! After arguing and pointing out all my recent conditions, I told him I feel pretty much positive. But whatever, come morning I will take another and if there are enough hormones for it to show 12 days later at 4:00 in the afternoon, then there should be enough for it to be a lot clearer in the morning, or so I'm guessing.

However, I'm really, I don't know, distraught, disappointed, sad? About his reaction.. I know I doesn't make a whole ton of sense to be, but I went from this shaking, jittery high, to immediate frustration, and now I'm almost a bit angry, though I know I should not be.

So, pah! I do not want to wait until morning for more input! What do you ladies think? Thanks! :

MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 07:17 PM 08-19-2009
Blue tests are absolutely positively AWFUL get a pink line one. Blue ones give ladies lines when they arent pregnant all the time, I know of at least three ladies in this forum alone who have been crushed by them.

The bleeding wasnt likely implantation... that is usually only one or two drops and will happen 3-10 days after conception (which will occur within 24 hours of ovulation) not the day after a possible conception. If you got pregnant last cycle, it was likely from a week or two before the bleeding. The bleeding you got then was breakthrough bleeding... however that is fairly rare.
Juise's Avatar Juise 07:25 PM 08-19-2009
Hmm we weren't trying before the 7th, I don't even remember if we did anything at all. I did forget to mention though, that the bleeding starting on the 8th would be very, very early for my period, which is normally pretty regular these days. About a week and a half early. I'll take what you say to heart, though, and try not to be too excited before finding out for sure. I'm glad for the warning. But I'm still hopeful
Dov'sMom's Avatar Dov'sMom 07:36 PM 08-19-2009
Don't know about you but will just jump in to say that with DS2 I thought I had my period, but then it just kept coming (2 full weeks of bright red bleeding). I took multiple tests, all negative until day 14 of bleeding.

According to the early ultrasound (which, incidentally, I think was off by at least a few days because of DS's condition when he came out), I had conceived just the day before. I think it was more like 4-5 days before, but who knows -- it was my first post-partum egg.
Dov'sMom's Avatar Dov'sMom 07:38 PM 08-19-2009
One other thing -- you said you "started TTC" on the 7th -- does that mean you stopped birth control that week? Because people often have weird bleeding/other symptoms the first month or two after going off bc.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 07:38 PM 08-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise View Post
Hmm we weren't trying before the 7th, I don't even remember if we did anything at all. I did forget to mention though, that the bleeding starting on the 8th would be very, very early for my period, which is normally pretty regular these days. About a week and a half early. I'll take what you say to heart, though, and try not to be too excited before finding out for sure. I'm glad for the warning. But I'm still hopeful

Even at a week and half early, chances are you had already Oed before then and you cant conceive more than 24 hours after you O... though the biggest chance being that you had Oed a week and half early last month, what you got was just a regular period... and those darn blue line tests lied to you too.

The reason i highly doubt it is implantation is it takes too long between fertilization of the egg and when the embryo is developed enough to implant (more than 30 hours, longer for it to actually reach the uterus and begin to implant, but it cannot implant before it is developed, its just not capable of it) so being less than 24 hours later... implantation is very highly unlikely to be the cause of your bleeding.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 07:39 PM 08-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov'sMom View Post
One other thing -- you said you "started TTC" on the 7th -- does that mean you stopped birth control that week? Because people often have weird bleeding/other symptoms the first month or two after going off bc.
Good point, I didnt even think of that!
Juise's Avatar Juise 07:42 PM 08-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov'sMom View Post
No, hadn't been taking anything, just stopped being preventative.
Juise's Avatar Juise 08:09 PM 08-19-2009
Oh, and we have been trying since then, too, so I guess that is also a possibility, but what with the bleeding in between, that would be a VERY prompt result.
Juise's Avatar Juise 03:18 PM 08-20-2009
Well, took another blue line test this morning, since it was a two pack and I figured I may as well. It's a darker line than yesterday afternoon's, with one side very brightly edged. Of course, now I don't know what to think of these tests, so.. I guess I'm going to return the other two-pack I have and get some digitals, hopefully in time to take one tomorrow morning.

I would be fine one way or the other, disappointed, yes, but we *just* started trying, so it would be okay. But *not* knowing makes me crazy! Why can't these things ever be simple and straight forward? :
Juise's Avatar Juise 04:05 PM 08-20-2009
I realize that I'm starting to talk to myself here but I noticed others put up pictures of their tests, would that help? I'm really antsy and excited and nervous and I feel really silly, but, ahh! Reading through, I think perhaps I'm not the only one to get this way about these things, so I feel a bit better about it So.. should I post the two tests?
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 04:11 PM 08-20-2009
pictures can help... yes
Up