Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any ideas?? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
There was a thread about the wonders of Green Tea recently...

wife to DH mama to DD14 Jan '08 and DS 6 Sept '10
and 2 rescued greyhounds
Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 PM

Someone had recently started a post about this - scroll down a bit and I think you'll see it. It had lots of suggestions...

But, for me none of the 'tricks' worked. But I've had good luck using pre-seed - which is a sperm-friendly lube.

Mama and co-parent to our beautiful DS (08/08) and our mighty strong DD (04/10) . Life is good.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:03 PM

Just some things I did: increased water intake 2L a day +, green tea, EPO. Also, TMI, lots of kissing and foreplay

Hello.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:52 PM

Guaifenesin (Robitussin Cough ingredient) or Mucinex, the generic brand of this but not the DM kind. Has been known to increase EWCM because it's used to break up mucous in the chest.

I use preseed most of the time though.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 08-21-2009, 08:27 PM

thought i'd try the suggestions as well. just got a jug of arizona green tea and the walgreens brand of musonex. it's called something like Mucus PE (they had DM so i steared clear of it) but the only other type was this PE type (or when with phen in it, bypassed that quickly) had the same 'uses' on the back of the musonex package *shrugs*

I'm on CD11 and have only just *barely* started creating CM. Only when I wipe though. Hopefully these tricks will help!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:15 AM

-tons of water
-loads of epo, i personally needed to take about 3900 and for months before it started working
-green tea, i used a extract pills, since that seemed like more than i could get elsewhere
-Guaifenesin 600mg extended release , taken as per instructions for about 4 days before O and one day after to be sure
-tons of water!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 08-23-2009, 12:37 AM

Lots of water and a B Complex

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 AM

A cup of grapefruit juice a day is supposed to help but I have tried it this month without any results This may be an anovulatory cycle for me though, I'm going to stick with it and see if it helps next month

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Old 08-23-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanama View Post
thought i'd try the suggestions as well. just got a jug of arizona green tea and the walgreens brand of musonex. it's called something like Mucus PE (they had DM so i steared clear of it) but the only other type was this PE type (or when with phen in it, bypassed that quickly) had the same 'uses' on the back of the musonex package *shrugs*

I'm on CD11 and have only just *barely* started creating CM. Only when I wipe though. Hopefully these tricks will help!

Oh forgot to add, if the pkg says take 2 pills a day, you should take that does 3 times a day (so 6 pills)

Old 08-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenk View Post
Oh forgot to add, if the pkg says take 2 pills a day, you should take that does 3 times a day (so 6 pills)
of the mucinex? okies. ive been taking 4 a day cause it said 1 pill every 4 hours. these things are huge and hard to swallow. perhaps they have a higher dosage per pill than usual. hrm. well can't hurt to take an extra 1 or 2.

been drinking green tea like crazy and this could all be coincidence but i started getting watery/stick CM yesterday. Not really EW and only when i wipe but it's still going in the right direction. I'm CD 13 today so here's hoping within the next 3 days this'll all have paid off

MontanaMa
Old 08-23-2009, 02:21 PM

do not take any medication 3 times the stated dose
this is a drug, drugs have side effects.
some side effects of Guaifenesin is nausea, vomiting and kidney stones

there is no good reason to take 3 times the level. take the full dose and remember to drink tons of water that both helps it work better and reduces its side effects on the body

also keep in mind that it will thin what you have but not really give you more, water on the other had will increase production, i believe so will EPO

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 08-23-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanama View Post
just got a jug of arizona green tea
GREEN TEA-
that probably has very little green tea in it and a lot of water and sugar, it is probably not bad for you in any way, unless it has tons of sugar, but don't expect it to do much good either. the green tea that folks mention is the very thick and strong Matcha that you can get from a good tea house or a japanese specialty store or online. it is a very acquired taste. the other way to get your green tea is to get some sort of extract pills. i happen to take Irwin Naturals and like it because it is a liquid gel and my stomach likes those better. there are tons of versions, get one that is simple and stick with it. it took me a month or two after i had put my whole regiment together till i really noticed anything.
the one thing that did work fast was lots of water and the Guaifenesin did thin what little i had

Quote:
and the walgreens brand of musonex. it's called something like Mucus PE
Guaifenesin (mucinex)
so i looked that brand up and DO NOT TAKE IT it has Guaifenesin 400 mg and Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg, the later is a nasal decongestant and will dry you out!!!

you need to look at the labels, it is fine to get a store brand, but you need to find one that the only ingredient is Guaifenesin once you find that, take as per the bottle, whatever the maximum dose is. please do not overdose, it will only hurt your body

EPO-
if you choose to take this, you certain can take it 3 times the dose recommended on the package, it is a essential fatty acid my flax seed or fish oil and is good for you in tons of ways, it also happens to be pretty expensive and should be gotten from a good fresh source. you can search and see threads chatting about taking this all over MDC. most ladies took it for a few months to see an effect, it took me about 3 and finally only worked when i added the above mentioned green tea to it. but it did work

hope this clears up a few things, good luck

Old 08-23-2009, 03:48 PM

Adorkable, thank you for the response! I chucked the mucus PE bottle and just gave the green tea arizona to a friend. I'm going to try and find the tea you mentioned, perhaps online will give me better results as i'm kinda limited in the shops around here.

Also, i might sound really silly here, but what does EPO stand for? And ive been drinking tons of water. But doesn't that also dilute your urine so make opk tests less reliable?

Cheers,
MontanaMa
Old 08-23-2009, 04:09 PM

evening primrose oil is EPO (a lot of women swear by it for all sorts of reasons)

and as for the water... if you can, just drink a normal amount in the morning, and drink more in the evenings. Then, no it wont affect it.

Though if you arent drinking a gallon in the morning... you probably dont actually have a problem with it. THey arent like hpts, they dont require diluted urine to pick up tiny amounts... or you may get false positives.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:41 PM

yeah EPO is one thing that really helps my psoriasis too, EFA's or essential fatty acids are one of the most wonderful things you can do for yourself.

and as for water i totally agree with MP i drink a lot first thing in the morning, since you are your most dehydrated when you wake up and then when i was doing opk's i would not go full tilt till after lunch when i tested. remember opks test better usually around 2-5pm and the most important thing about them is that you just do whatever thing you are doing the same every day, so drink i similar amount of water and test at a similar time a day. you will learn the most by comparing the day to day results. i for instance never really get a positive most months, but i would get a spike if i looked carefully at a fews days in a row side by side

Old 08-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
do not take any medication 3 times the stated dose
this is a drug, drugs have side effects.
some side effects of Guaifenesin is nausea, vomiting and kidney stones

there is no good reason to take 3 times the level. take the full dose and remember to drink tons of water that both helps it work better and reduces its side effects on the body

also keep in mind that it will thin what you have but not really give you more, water on the other had will increase production, i believe so will EPO
I took them to increase my CM and took at least 6 a day, or 8 a day. But if it says she can take 1 every 4 hours that's 6 anyway?!?!? I also drank Robitussin at higher doses than it says with the "Gua" what ever it was (sorry I forget right now) and it was 100% fine. I agree that you should take excessive doses of medication, but it's not going to be taken for weeks on end, it's going to be taken for 3-4 days, I don't think you should tell her NOT to take it. I know at least 8 women that were on the "TTC 12+ Months" thread back in 2007 that all took it like this as well, and all of us were fine, no issues, and it might have been more than 8 of us. We were a rather large crowd in that group for a while.

There *could* be side effects with EVERYTHING you put in your body, and I think that should be remembered, but I wouldn't suggest you take anything I wouldn't do myself. GL mama

Old 08-23-2009, 09:38 PM

you told her she should take 3 times a regular max dose, i think that is pretty irresponsible, it would have been different for you to just say that you did and you took X amount and were fine, but you also did not know what strength she had compare to you or if it was extended release or if she has good kidneys or any other of many things that could affect that advice. i will agree that i should have also worded it as "i would not do that if i were you till you read and understand the side effects and risks of that dose"
So i stick by my advice, we should not tell folks that come here looking for help to ignore dosing instructions. we can share our experience and suggest they research it, anything else is stepping over a line of safety i believe. just because it was safe for you or even safe for 20 ladies doesn't mean it is safe as a hard fact.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:19 PM

it's cool guys. i never actually took more than the daily dosage, and then i stopped it anyway when i was told it wasn't the right stuff to begin with.

now back to the topic at hand. can anyone describe to me the progression of CM? cause in my fertility chart it asks and i'm not quite sure how to describe. Like, i know watery and i know EW. but the others? do they go from one to one to one? Like, i assume dry is the last but im on CD13 and have no clue the difference between creamy, sticky, etc etc.

MontanaMa
Old 08-23-2009, 10:42 PM

have you read Taking Care OF Your Fertility? if not you really might like it, it is great on so many things, tons of the ladies keep that as there go to book.

besides so many other things, it shows pictures of CM and talks a lot about it. look at the link and you can see some excerpts

User Tag List