Is this Positive (Pregnancy Test Pic) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Judging by my chart - this is a false negative - but you never know. I bought the Equate Brand of FRER unfortunatly - its NOTHING like FRER - In fact, it's blue line - which is known to give false positives all the time.
But what the hell - I figured I wuold give it a go anyway and see if you see anything. I do in life see a faint line - and I know only time will tell if it's a REAL positive. But it's fun to guess anyway - if nothing else a learning experience for those who get the blue line tests to see the false positives!
I am 9dpo and this was done with SMU.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_0091.jpg

and for reference - my chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1ffb62

Loving Mother to our adoption miracle, Riana :, and our angel baby, Xavier. Trying for baby. Wife to my Hero! BLOG LINK IN PROFILE
#2 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

BTW - If you know how to fiddle with my pic that would be good - make it easier to see. And this picture was taken at 5 minutes well within the time frame so not EVAp.

Loving Mother to our adoption miracle, Riana :, and our angel baby, Xavier. Trying for baby. Wife to my Hero! BLOG LINK IN PROFILE
#3 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 03:00 PM

Blue line tests are the devil (this month alone we have had at least 2 women get what they think are positives on them only to start their AF on time) Do you have any dollar trees nearby?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Yep! Did you see a line?
Do you think it's enough of a line to go back it up with another test? I just took it for fun - I dont really think it's right - I too agree that Blue Line tests are extremely iffy.
I just dont wanna make a trip to even do another one unless someone besides me sees someting on this stupid blue thing! Haha!

#5 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 03:18 PM

I had a very faint line just like that on 2 of the same brand tests one month, but the dollar tree and internet cheapie tests I took were all negative. I think that brand is just crappy.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#6 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 04:16 PM

i say it doesnt matter if theres a line or not, you should back it up with a good test

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_0092.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_0093.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_0094.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_0095.jpg

Okay so I went to the 99ccent store (Dollartree was out of tests and ovulation kits - I guess another obsessive peeonasticker must be in my tiny little town!
At the 99cent store I got a Ucheck, Aimstick and Someotherkindofpregnancytest.
The aimstick and u-check I dont think have a positive. But the other brand has something. This was taken 5min after test was peed on. Can someone play and see what they think?

#8 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 05:31 PM

I don't see it but do you see it?, sometimes cameras have a hard time picking up super faint lines, anyways i tried playing with it i zoomed in and saturated the reds.

here it is:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6906/dibujobye.jpg

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#9 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Honestly - I think it's probably a EVAP line. Which is okay by me - I really dont think Im preggo - it would take a VERY dark line to convince me.
Im ready to get my period and start using teh CBEFM - Once it gets here!

#10 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 05:38 PM

At 9 dpo there is a very good chance that the tests don't pick up hcg especially with afternoon pee, just out of curiosity its your Bd timing correct in the chart?

#11 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalGirl View Post
At 9 dpo there is a very good chance that the tests don't pick up hcg especially with afternoon pee, just out of curiosity its your Bd timing correct in the chart?
Yes - I know it looks ridiculous! My husband works offshore 2 weeks a month and therefore wasn't home during o. So I had to go for a good shot on the Sunday he left and hope the spermies lived for the 5 days after (which CAN happen - but Im not convinced!).
I really dont think we caught it this cycle and Im not devastated if we didn't - but BOY it would be nice if we did! Haha!

#12 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 PM

Five days pre-ovulation sex can definitely result in a baby. Mine is sitting next to me eating corn tortillas.

For the record, I do not see a line, but really hope that you are pregnant.
#13 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 05:57 PM

I remember now, did you ended up doing anything to ovulate early to try to sync your cycles with your DH's time at home?

#14 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalGirl View Post
I remember now, did you ended up doing anything to ovulate early to try to sync your cycles with your DH's time at home?
Not this last time - but if I start my period on time this week (Wednesday) Im going to be taking my Clomid days 1-5 and then should ovulate the day he leaves or the day after (in theory) but we are going to do it as much as we can
And Ill be using the monitor so hopefully that will help me to know for sure when I O!

#15 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM

OK what I am seeing on your chart is looking like maybe you didnt ovulate and if you did then your progesterone level is not up where it should be. Compairing this chart to the other chart you have I would about bet that there was no o or if you did it wasnt a good one.

I could totally be wrong of course but in general it isnt good to see temps that low after o. It is alslo possible that you almost oed but didnt thus the ew cm back there and now you are trying to O again since you are now getting fertile cm again.

Looking again at your other chart your lp on it is super short only 7 days if the o date is right (which I am doubting) but still it would be short even with o on cd 15 since you started spotting on cd24

I dont know what your other charts in the past have looked like but if they have all been like this I would seriously consider having a progesterone test done. I cannot for the life of me remember what dpo that has to be done on to be accurate though.

I just read the thing at the top of your chart. Are you on bc right now? if you are that would explain why I dont see o on your chart since on bc you dont O.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#16 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Is there some way to convince my period to star so I can try again? I know I am taking clomid for stronger O this coming cycle - but if this is annovulatory then I wont start on my own will I?

#17 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 08:03 PM

I usually have af even if I dont O it just takes me a bit longer like 40 + day cycles.

If you dont start in a time frame that you need to you can get progesterone to take for 14 days then stop and that will bring on af most of the time.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#18 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

What causes me to randomly have an annovulatory cycle?

#19 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 09:05 PM

There could be many factors. From what I have read every woman out there at one time or another will have cycles that they dont o in. Maybe this time was your time. Stress can delay O or stop it totally. PCOS, hormone imbalance from nursing or even not nursing in my case my hormones still have not gotten back to normal after weaning ds over 2years ago now. Hypothyroid and even hyperthyroid can cause it.

Charting is a great tool to use to figure out what is going on. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book to have to help you read charts and see what different things mean.

#20 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 09:12 PM

I still say it looks like you did ovulate the day you have set as ovulation day. That or ive had anovulatory cycles every cycle but 1 since i started charting. And I really doubt that.

you dont need a huge shift, just a clear shift... and you have a clear shift in my eyes. Yes, you have a post O dip, but a lot of women (pregnant and not) get that post O dip. I also dont think having a only slight temp shift is indicatory of progesterone problems, however if you temp orally I suggest maybe trying vaginally next cycle (if you arent pregnant)

#21 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Should I be concerned about my estrogen levels since i have so much ewcm? Isn't that a sign of high estrogen. And if I did o - isn't it bad to have so much in post o phase?
This stuff is so freaking confusing! Why can't I just look at a penis and get pregnant like they told me would happen in sex-ed?

#22 of 22 Old 08-23-2009, 09:25 PM

I would still get the progesterone checked, I couldnt hurt you know and if you do have low progesterone it's a pretty easy fix.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page