Mothering Forum banner

Typcial Temp Rise at O?

405 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MaerynPearl 
#1 ·
I am just finishing AF, and I am temping for the first time ever (never could remember when ttc DS or DD, but now I am having spotting and need to/want to be in better touch with my body).

I am wondering if someone could tell me what a typical temperature rise when you O. I will try to include the link to the temping that I have done so far - I am on my last day or two of AF, and should not be ovulating for about a week from now. My temp was 97.28 yesterday and 97.61 this morning - I know that I am not ovulating, but I am wondering if this is a normal rise in temp to see at this point in a cycle. How will I know when I have O'd if my temps are going up even now? I started temping after O'ing last cycle and I was around 98.3 +. Will my temps shoot right up to a high # once I have O'd? Just want to make sure I know what to look for so that I can identify the exact day.

Thanks!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28fe18

#2 ·
One temp means nothing.

An O rise is a sustained temp shift lasting a minimum of 3 days that is above the majority of your pre-O temps.

FF will tell you when you Oed about 2/3 days after it happens.

Also, theres no way to know you arent Oing yet, you can totally O while still bleeding... and some women do O at cd9/10.

Though personally, I dont O until cd16

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.