Cervix - Low/Medium/High Soft/Firm Questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-03-2009, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, So i have recently started exploring the Cervix landscape. It's very confusing to begin with but with a little help i know a little better. Sorry if TMI.

1). It is at the end of the Vagina and by inserting a (clean) finger you can feel it.
2). When it's firm, it feels like tip of the nose.
3). Well here are some pictures (check navigation at right side of page) - TMI WARNING:
http://www.beautifulcervix.com/

My questions are:

1). Is the cervix opening facing the Vaginal opening or is it underneath the cervix/nose like thingy?
I know the question is vague...

* # *
$

So in the above art if I insert the finger and my finger reaches # area, is the cervix (when low and firm) opening at $ (underneath) or # (facing Vaginal opening)?

2). Is EWCM really white (mix of trasparent/white) or is it fully transparent?
I have never checked before, this is my first cycle exploring this...

Thanks in advance.

Expecting our princess on June 13th
#2 of 7 Old 09-03-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaty View Post
1). Is the cervix opening facing the Vaginal opening or is it underneath the cervix/nose like thingy?
I know the question is vague...

* # *
$

So in the above art if I insert the finger and my finger reaches # area, is the cervix (when low and firm) opening at $ (underneath) or # (facing Vaginal opening)?
That depends. If your uterus is tilted more one way or the other (totally normal to be tilted forward, about 60-80% of women have forward tilted uteruses) the opening will actually be facing the back more than straight down. But if you have a directly up and down uterus, it will face directly down... and a posterior uterus the cervical opening will face forward.

There is no reason for concern for any of these, however a posterior uterus can benefit from creative baby dancing positions (such as doggy-style)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaty View Post
2). Is EWCM really white (mix of trasparent/white) or is it fully transparent?
I have never checked before, this is my first cycle exploring this...

Thanks in advance.
This depends on you. Sometimes i get it a bit of both, sometimes a little yellowish, sometimes completely clear. Today it actually went between all three, but I am fairly sure I actually Oed halfway through the day today.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 7 Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 AM

Also, the position of your cervix can change throughout your cycle-- mine gets more posterior towards ovulation (the os faces towards my sacrum). Which is the perfect direction for it to face so the the sperm pooling at the back of the vagina after sex can swim right in! (or when you have an orgasm the cervix can dip down into the pooled semen).
#4 of 7 Old 09-04-2009, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies, so I have a gyn visit soon, can they tell me if my uterus is tilted,tilted forward, ,directly up and down uterus or a posterior uterus by manual examination?

#5 of 7 Old 09-04-2009, 09:48 AM

very much so... but dont worry about any of the positions... none are cause for concern!

the optimal position is, of course, anteverted... tilted forward. But a straight up and down and retroverted uterus is JUST as likely to get pregnant and to carry full term... though you will tend to show later than, say, my hyperanteverted one which makes me look 7 months at 18 weeks.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 7 Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 AM

Mine is tilted back and I have never had any trouble conceiving...until now but that has more to do with other things.

My EWCM looks just like egg whites. Totally clear with some white flecks. So much so that I get grossed out looking at egg whites now. I don't like eggs anyway, though.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#7 of 7 Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

lol Evergreen I wish i had that kind of EWCM.
Just wanted to know the position so that i can figure out the best BD position

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page