pregnancy symptoms at 3 DPO???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This month is my first time ttc #2 and paying attention to all my symptoms. Yesterday at 3 DPO I started having some "pregnancy" symptoms that I had with DS: The main one is having dry mouth at night. I also feel a little nauseated in the evening (not in the morning for me) and I also have mild cramping going on.
Could it be pregnancy symptoms already or do you think its way too early and my mind is playing with me??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 AM

It is probably just the progesterone increasing in your system post ovulation. The egg will not implant until 6-12 dpo and then it would take a few days for you to notice the effects of the HCG. 3 dpo is way too early.

I am on my third attempt of TTC #2 (I had two losses last year) and trust me, the symptoms of PMS and pregnancy are very similar when you are paying attention to them.
#3 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 PM

The earliest I have EVER heard of implantation happening was 3dpo (the embryo needs time to develop enough to implant) and that was in myself (and confirmed with ultrasounds)

Even THEN... I did not get symptoms for a few more days and no BFP test for a few more days either (and then, it was extremely faint but there)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Is it at all possible to get symptoms before implantation? I NEVER get dry mouth like that unless I have a hangover and I remember that is exacly how I felt when pregnant with DS. I had to sleep with a glass of water next to me. The only difference is that it took a while with DS to feel that way (not 3 DPO).

Or maybe fertility friend made a mistake with my O date ? Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/298a90
#5 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 PM

You cant get pregnancy symptoms before implantation because (despite what some women believe) there is NO way for your body to know its pregnant until after implantation. After all, theres no way for science to even know how many fertilized embryos do not implant during our TTC journeys, but they suspect its almost 50%.

My personal opinion: you are dehydrated.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

ok...thanks for the reply. I'm sure you are right, but I want to be pregnant so bad that I think I pay way too much attention to every little thing that's going on with my body. I will update in a few days with the testing results...
#7 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen24 View Post
ok...thanks for the reply. I'm sure you are right, but I want to be pregnant so bad that I think I pay way too much attention to every little thing that's going on with my body. I will update in a few days with the testing results...
We all do. Dont feel like you arent welcome here please... I just wanted to help keep your mind straight because if you start obsessing that you are pregnant by 3dpo, when any symptom is obviously not a pregnancy symptom, and you ARENT.... its a lot more heartbreaking than if you start obsessing you are at 10dpo, when they could be pregnancy symptoms, and arent.

#8 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 04:23 PM

3 dpo is when I get wicked pregnancy symptoms. Whether they are progesterone induced or in my head remains to be determined. I even get the whole peeing several times nightly, sore boobs, nausea symptoms that typically don't show up until later in pregnancy.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#9 of 12 Old 09-14-2009, 06:56 PM

I've had some serious pregnancy symptoms for the past couple of months even though I wasn't pregnant. I know it sucks.

SAHM to a crazy little boy (4.5) and a silly little girl (3) and my VBA2C babe
#10 of 12 Old 09-15-2009, 02:53 AM

I absolutely did have symptoms just a few days after conception...I would get very flushed in the evenings, and my ears were hot, as if I was coming down with a cold. I had night sweats. This was all unusual for me and I was not sick- I felt fine otherwise and didn't have a temperature. My nipples were always a bit sore premenstrually, but my nipples felt cold and tingly, and my breasts felt heavy. This all within the first week following conception. crazy!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#11 of 12 Old 05-21-2012, 11:57 AM

I read just yesterday that your body DOES know as soon as you conceive as there are secretions called EPA (or something like that).  I find it hard to believe our bodies wouldn't know seeing as bodies are so connected and clever.  I also believe that the secretions may be too subtle for us to notice but then again I don't notice when my hair grows or when my skin cells regenerate but it doesn't mean they aren't.  Thats just my thoughts and I can't remember where I read it, maybe I am completely wrong (wouldn't be surprised about that either!)

Mama to my beautiful boy DS superhero.gif 22 months and belly.gifnumber 2 due June '13

#12 of 12 Old 06-02-2012, 02:39 PM

Monday~ You are correct.  It's called Early Pregnancy Factor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_pregnancy_factor

For My Website, Blog & Primal Pregnancy Tips: See my Profile Page!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page