Pregnancy symptoms - not pregnant.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-25-2009, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me what causes pregnancy symptoms when it turns out you're not pregnant?

I can probably explain away most of my symptoms except the breast pain (two weeks now) and the heartburn.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Did you ever figure out what was going on or is it all psychosymatic?

Background in case you're interested: Thought I conceived while on vacation. Got AF one day early but it was only 3 days so then I convinced myself maybe it was decidual bleeding. My breasts didn't start hurting until after AF which is highly unusual for me. Other symptoms include: fatigue, frequent urination, lower abdominal discomfort (like mild cramping), heartburn, headache, lightheadedness, very hungry midmorning with some food aversions and don't feel like eating in the evening. I keep getting BFN except yesterday I got two stupid dots on the positive line of an EPT so I went in for a blood test to ease my frustration. I bought an FRER and took it first thing this morning (26 DPO) and it was a BFN so I feel like my blood test will also come back negative and I feel like such a retard. But man - why do I feel this way?

I would love to hear anyone who has been through this.
Thanks.

Wife to French hubby (8/02), Mama to DD (3/05) and DS (02/07) and (3/10)
#2 of 9 Old 09-25-2009, 02:31 PM

Psychosomatic... you can cause yourself to feel pregnant if you believe you are. To the point that myself... I develop morning sickness when NOT pregnant because I am so hopeful that I am.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 9 Old 09-25-2009, 02:48 PM

I think PMS symptoms are the same as pregnancy symptoms.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#4 of 9 Old 09-25-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalGirl View Post
I think PMS symptoms are the same as pregnancy symptoms.
I would have said the same but she said these symptoms showed up after she had AF... and was wondering why... the reason being likely because she was still thinking she was pregnant, she brought the symptoms on herself

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 9 Old 09-25-2009, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks - that makes sense I guess. It's good to know it's probably nothing medical I need to worry about.

I just wonder when my body is going to accept the fact that I'm NOT pregnant!!!!!!

This is so frustrating.

#6 of 9 Old 09-25-2009, 10:05 PM

When your mind finally accepts it and you allow yourself to move forward.

#7 of 9 Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, I have been trying to metally accept the fact that I'm probably not pregnant and that my blood test will probably come back negative and I feel a little bit better.

But... I was supposed to ovulate Saturday and I haven't ovulated yet. I have never not ovulated before. Can you make yourself not ovulate? Or does it mean there is a chance that I'm actually pregnant? I know I can really only wait and see - I just wanted to see what you guys thought because I'm driving myself crazy again.

I went to bed happy that I'm not pregnant right now but then I had a dream that my blood test came back positive. So here I am again... obsessing.

#8 of 9 Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 AM

A million reasons, pms, wishing, dehydration.

When ttc we are soooo in tune to what are bodies are doing that often we notice symptoms of things we wouldn't otherwise notice. I had pregnancy symptoms every month of trying except the month that I actually got pregnant. It's pretty common.
#9 of 9 Old 09-28-2009, 01:06 PM

Yes you can most definitely cause yourself not to ovulate... based on what you are taking for supplements (vitex pre-o can cause you to not o), what you are worrying/excited about (stresses to your body can mess up your O, I just found out DF is coming home 4 months early and have a feeling O will be late now as it was due in just a few days), illnesses you may have that you may not realize you have, or if you are still getting the psychosomatic pregnancy symptoms (if you think its still possible you obviously havent completely moved on) you can actually cause your pregnancy not to O... which will in turn cause yourself to not get AF anymore. This combined with bloating is the reason why some women with psychosomatic pregnancy actually APPEAR pregnant when they are not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page