Ovulating twice or....? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-26-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im pretty sure I have what looks and feels like EWCM again! Twice in my cycle...what does that mean? Am I ovulating twice?

I'm on CD 25...and I think if my vague memory serves me right, I conceived my first child just a couple of days before my period was due. I remember because I thought it wouldn't happen as I was way past half way through my menstrual cycle and approaching AF.

So it either means I ovulated twice this cycle, or I ovulate once but whether it's at the first sign of EWCM around CD 16 or at the second sign of EWCM like today at CD 25.

confused, help!

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#2 of 6 Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 PM

If you geared up to but did not ovulate at the cd16... you could get more when your body actually DOES ovulate... however...

It is more likely that you did ovulate at cd16 and you are just getting a secondary estrogen surge (perfectly normal and healthy some of us get it every month)

As for conceiving just before AF was due... you think you Ovulated late that month or what makes you think that?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 6 Old 09-26-2009, 01:23 PM

How long is your cycle normally? Do you temp? Because, if you don't, there's no guarantee that you actually ovulated w/ your last batch of EWCM. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's not likely that you did, if it's super-egg-whitey, unless AF is literally supposed to be in a day or two.

Also, ovulation doesn't occur "halfway through" your cycle. It occurs something like 10-16 days before your period. So if you have a 33 day cycle, ovulation will more likely occur something more like in the last 1/3 of your cycle.

Make sense?
#4 of 6 Old 09-26-2009, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
As for conceiving just before AF was due... you think you Ovulated late that month or what makes you think that?
Well it was over 6 years ago, but yeah I think I must have Ovulated late that month, as AF was due 2-3 days after I had sex that month, and my period was very regular. Plus I only had sex that one time in that month, so it had to be that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimeiyu View Post
How long is your cycle normally? Do you temp? Because, if you don't, there's no guarantee that you actually ovulated w/ your last batch of EWCM. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's not likely that you did, if it's super-egg-whitey, unless AF is literally supposed to be in a day or two.
My cycle is 28-30 days. I don't temp but I check CM. Right now CM is egg white-ish in color, and very stretchy like it was on CD 16 too. Af is due in 4 days.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#5 of 6 Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
Well it was over 6 years ago, but yeah I think I must have Ovulated late that month, as AF was due 2-3 days after I had sex that month, and my period was very regular. Plus I only had sex that one time in that month, so it had to be that, right?
Well if you had sex only one time close to when you thought AF was due, yes... but you did not get pregnant 2-3 days before AF was ACTUALLY due... if you Ovulate late, your AF will be late. There is no ifs ands or buts about that... your body... even if you ovulated the day before you had sex (as you can get pregnant up to 24 hours after ovulation) theres no way your body would have had enough time to implant and signal AF to stay away in 2-3 days... its not medically/scientifically possible. So if you hadnt gotten pregnant that month, your AF would have been about 2 weeks later than usual... though not actually LATE... your O would have been what was late, your AF would have been on time.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 6 Old 09-26-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Well if you had sex only one time close to when you thought AF was due, yes... but you did not get pregnant 2-3 days before AF was ACTUALLY due... if you Ovulate late, your AF will be late. There is no ifs ands or buts about that... your body... even if you ovulated the day before you had sex (as you can get pregnant up to 24 hours after ovulation) theres no way your body would have had enough time to implant and signal AF to stay away in 2-3 days... its not medically/scientifically possible. So if you hadnt gotten pregnant that month, your AF would have been about 2 weeks later than usual... though not actually LATE... your O would have been what was late, your AF would have been on time.
I love this ^^ because it's so confusing yet so true.

It is EXTREMELY rare to ovulate twice in a cycle. (I would have said impossible if it weren't for that case of "superfetation" i just read about yesterday). When people do ovulate twice it is within 24 hours of eachother, thus the possibility for fraternal twins.

Your CM is caused by one of 2 things. Either your body TRIED to O and didn't last time, or you did O and this EWCM is a sign of impending AF (or sometimes a pg sign)

Also I'd like to add that the comparison to eggwhites is more about the stretchiness than the colour. You could have clear cm (like raw eggwhites) that doesn't stretch much. That's not considered EWCM. KWIM?

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page