pre-seed and parabens - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-26-2009, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi--just got my delivery from early preg. tests.com and the lubes i got contain both methyl and propyl parabens....argh!!

thoughts on using it vs. returning it?? i don't want to seem ultra paranoid, but parabens are proven endocrine disruptors....

married to DH for 5 yrs, ds born at home 6/26/10
#2 of 5 Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 PM

I've gotten pregnant twice using Pre-Seed (both times within 2 months of trying) so I think it's worth it to use something with parabens if it helps you get pregnant. It's good to be cautious but I know I personally drive myself crazy trying to avoid anything that might be toxic. It makes me crazy because it's impossible to avoid everything. So I'm trying to relax a bit. I plan to use Pre-Seed again.

Mom to DD (3), my little peanut (9/10/09) and our newest addition 9/16/10
#3 of 5 Old 09-26-2009, 08:04 PM

Methylparabens are not the bad sort... they are non-toxic.

Propylparabens are not cancerous... they can cause birth defects HOWEVER that would not be an issue with preseed as the propylparabens will no effect the sperm or the egg and will be out of your body long before the point when the placenta starts to take nutrients from you. (It is reason, other than the not-needing-it and the fact that it is horribly expensive, not to use it in pregnancy.)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 5 Old 03-16-2012, 03:21 PM

I have been reading lots on the net about parabens in Preseed. Everyone is focusing on questioning the effects on the woman.... BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LONG TERM AFFECT ON THE FUTURE PERSON  YOU ARE TRYING TO CONCEIVE?
Yes i agree with the risks being low for adults but we are talking about very sensitive little sperms being fully imursed in this stuff for days. Lets try to think about the long term affects on the people conceived using preseed......

#5 of 5 Old 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM

I returned it for that reason. I don't want a known toxin anywhere near my conception process, nor do I want it in my body.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page