~the ONE THREAD Sept 27-Oct 3~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the ONE THREAD, September 27- October 3 Happy October!

To keep the list manageable you will be deleted after a month of not posting. If you would like to be a thread keeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
(Ovulate)
BelovedK
Blanca78
Bjorker
Bri'sgirl
Caramiia
CorasMama
dachsundqueen

GrapesBunch
HulaJenn
ilovemyAvery
jenger
jjm91785
J.Jones
livinzoo
Lyndzies
MahnaMahna
mkarntz
Marilyn82
Maurine
michellebelle
MI_Dawn
Mommaof 4
momongeon
MrsMike
MyBoyAramis
Nanette56
Nina1707
reneeisorym
samy23
shellnurse
shoefairy3
sh0rty0143
shy
somegirl99
Tear78
tinynyota
TropicalGirl
witchypants
xekomaya
Yaliina

Waiting to Know
(Two Week Wait)
Alastria
angela1435
Apricot
BarefootGirl

Blondemom2bstl
BreaMarie
EKSmith
EmSzatmary
Evergreen
isras1
jules5874
just_lily
kalamos23
KatieBonita
laneysprout
limette
LittleBirdy
livelovelaugh
Mizyellow
Mountaingirl79
MrsMike
North_Of_60
Pinoikoi
SeattleRain
songtothemoon
Virginia884

Waiting for Aunt Flo
boogiebearlove

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting for DF
MaerynPearl

Waiting for Results
shellnurse

Waiting to be Ready
mamamerle
MelungeonMW
miriam_bat_avraham
Newbian Mama
sleepingbeauty
Stevi
WTHamI?

PREGNANT

OCTOBER BFPS!!!!!
peachsara

SEPTEMBER BFPS!!!!!
bananabee
cormama
enigo
juleslane
kateaton
Little Grey Mare
pacificbliss
rockgal
SaraMum
Tres

AUGUST BFPS!!!
Beccasteve03
Danielle13
hopeful2009
Jeannabna
Oztok5
Peace+Hope
#2 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Thx for the new thread!

I'm in agony from my hip/back...still in the TWW & praying I'm not prego.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#3 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Positive vibes for me! This is supposed to be my month, and I am not feeling it..

So AFM, I am moving myself to the two week wait for several reasons..

1) I will not be dtd anymore this cycle, that would defeat the purpose of "trying for a girl"
2) I think my crosshairs will pop up in a few days anyway
3) I will have to move myself then regardless
4) my "two week wait" is never actually 2 weeks anyway- more like 1 and a half... so I might as well enjoy it!
#4 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 10:40 AM

Hey, Pinoikoi, thanks for the new thread! What are you doing up already, isn't it like 5am in Alaska? I know there are some people I didn't get moved. Pacificbliss (BFP) is one I can think of off the top of my head. Everyone else make sure you repost your update so she can take care of ya.

banana How awful! Ughhh. I hate saying it but I hope you arent pg either. Please get well soon!

Afm 8 dpo with no real reason to beleive I am pregnant. I just knew it earlier but now am getting discouraged. temps are nothing spectacular. 6 dpo I was able to wipe my cervix and get some blood but nothing now. Last month I started preperiod spotting at 9 dpo so I will remain optimistic if that doesn't happen.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#5 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
Hey, Pinoikoi, thanks for the new thread! What are you doing up already, isn't it like 5am in Alaska? I know there are some people I didn't get moved. Pacificbliss (BFP) is one I can think of off the top of my head. Everyone else make sure you repost your update so she can take care of ya.

banana How awful! Ughhh. I hate saying it but I hope you arent pg either. Please get well soon!

Afm 8 dpo with no real reason to beleive I am pregnant. I just knew it earlier but now am getting discouraged. temps are nothing spectacular. 6 dpo I was able to wipe my cervix and get some blood but nothing now. Last month I started preperiod spotting at 9 dpo so I will remain optimistic if that doesn't happen.
Yeah, I usually get up at 5am, but this morning I had to pee really bad and was up around 4:30 trying to cross my legs and go back to sleep until 5 to take my temp.. didn't work- I took my temp at 4:40..

I backtracked through last weeks thread a bit and updated the ones I noticed. I might have overlooked a few. I will update Pacificbliss.

Thought for the day: Being threadkeeper would be a whole lot easier if everyone got pregnant!
#6 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
You should note the 6dpo spotting on your chart - coincides with a nice looking implantation dip!!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#7 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#8 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 11:36 AM

samy23 - (looking at previous thread comment) - I don't recall the length of your LPs or if you have a chart to stalk, but why do you think you are out with a BFN at 10dpo? That is still quite early/uncommon to get a BFP at that time. (someone should sticky the stats in a thread) Don't be discouraged. When i was pg i got a BFN first on 10dpo and then a very faint BFP on 11dpo. 12 dpo is a greater chance of BFP for most.

#9 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Ok- can the following mamas check in with me? (pm if needed)

juleslane
Littlebirdy
Northof60
reneeisorym

Some of your charts look like you need to be moved, one link wasn't working, and I am not sure about others? THanks.
#10 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 01:03 PM

Thanks for the new thread, and CONGRATS to Cormama.

Nothing exciting here. CD9. Inseminations are going to happen this week/weekend (I usually O CD 16 or 17). Might try to throw a 4th insem in this cycle (we usually try to do 3... one three days before O, then a day off, then one on the day before O, and one the day of O.

Maybe we should try doing it for four days leading up to O (if I have good CM, obviously)? Any thoughts about this? I don't want his count to go down; will doing it every day be "not good?"

Thanks for any advice.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#11 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
Positive vibes for me! This is supposed to be my month, and I am not feeling it..

So AFM, I am moving myself to the two week wait for several reasons..

1) I will not be dtd anymore this cycle, that would defeat the purpose of "trying for a girl"
2) I think my crosshairs will pop up in a few days anyway
3) I will have to move myself then regardless
4) my "two week wait" is never actually 2 weeks anyway- more like 1 and a half... so I might as well enjoy it!
I must have missed this post. Sorry you're down.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#12 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Thanks for the new thread, and CONGRATS to Cormama.

Nothing exciting here. CD9. Inseminations are going to happen this week/weekend (I usually O CD 16 or 17). Might try to throw a 4th insem in this cycle (we usually try to do 3... one three days before O, then a day off, then one on the day before O, and one the day of O.

Maybe we should try doing it for four days leading up to O (if I have good CM, obviously)? Any thoughts about this? I don't want his count to go down; will doing it every day be "not good?"

Thanks for any advice.
Unless he has sperm count issues, every day is actually BETTER... as after a couple days of doing it (and sperm bounce back to the right level within 24 hours... not sure how long but its between 12 and 24 according to studies ive read) his sperm count will actually INCREASE from doing it daily (according to studies i have read)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#13 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
samy23 - (looking at previous thread comment) - I don't recall the length of your LPs or if you have a chart to stalk, but why do you think you are out with a BFN at 10dpo? That is still quite early/uncommon to get a BFP at that time. (someone should sticky the stats in a thread) Don't be discouraged. When i was pg i got a BFN first on 10dpo and then a very faint BFP on 11dpo. 12 dpo is a greater chance of BFP for most.
Thank you I'm just really disappointed today. Most people on here seem to be getting BFP at DPO so I thought of today as my last chance this cycle really. I'm trying to accept it and focus on the next cycle to stop further disappointment.

I'm not used to this whole TTC rollercoaster....this is my first month ttc, does it get any easier? lol (I don't temp but I check CM)

I have ONE test left, should I test one last time tomorrow?I'm not sure because I hate feeling so disappointed, which I will if I test and get a BFN. Maybe if I just wait for AF to show, it will be easier?

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#14 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the new thread and wishing you threadkeeper's luck!

afm, I'm feeling like my body is acidic or something. I've had a metallic taste in my mouth for the last couple of days. Ick! Temping has been going well, except this morning, since my youngest DS woke up several times due to nightmares. Then he slept with DH and me, so I was up too many times to have a good chance to temp. I did take a DT this morning and it was bfn. I'm only 10 DPO, so it might just be too early to tell.

GL to everyone in the month of October!!

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#15 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri'sgirl View Post
afm, I'm feeling like my body is acidic or something. I've had a metallic taste in my mouth for the last couple of days. Ick! Temping has been going well, except this morning, since my youngest DS woke up several times due to nightmares. Then he slept with DH and me, so I was up too many times to have a good chance to temp. I did take a DT this morning and it was bfn. I'm only 10 DPO, so it might just be too early to tell.
I've heard metallic taste can be a sign of pregnancy Im sure! Goodluck and let us know if you test tomorrow!

Maybe I should wait until 11 DPO instead of 10.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#16 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 02:33 PM

it was for me, but not til after the bfp

conserve your test- 11dpo sounds good if there is no af signs

#17 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post

Maybe I should wait until 11 DPO instead of 10.
Samy, I would wait. I know it's hard! But so many people don't get a BFP until 12dpo, 13...14...

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#18 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri'sgirl View Post
Thanks for the new thread and wishing you threadkeeper's luck!

GL to everyone in the month of October!!
Ooh metal mouth! Sounds promising. Unless of course you've eaten pine nuts lately. There have been reports of short term (2 weeks) of metallic taste in mouth after eating pine nuts...I was reading about it on epicurious.
#19 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post
Ooh metal mouth! Sounds promising. Unless of course you've eaten pine nuts lately. There have been reports of short term (2 weeks) of metallic taste in mouth after eating pine nuts...I was reading about it on epicurious.
Nope, no pine nuts. I did eat some liverwurst last night, but that wouldn't explain the previous days. I think I do remember reading about metallic tasting as a pregnancy sign, but I had forgotten until you all brought it up. I mentioned it in my earlier post, because I was hoping that it wasn't a bad sign.

Well, now ya'll have me excited to test again tomorrow!

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#20 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
Thank you I'm just really disappointed today. Most people on here seem to be getting BFP at DPO so I thought of today as my last chance this cycle really. I'm trying to accept it and focus on the next cycle to stop further disappointment.

I'm not used to this whole TTC rollercoaster....this is my first month ttc, does it get any easier? lol (I don't temp but I check CM)

I have ONE test left, should I test one last time tomorrow?I'm not sure because I hate feeling so disappointed, which I will if I test and get a BFN. Maybe if I just wait for AF to show, it will be easier?
Really 10 dpo is super early and not as common as you may think. it also depends on the sensitivity of the tests you have access too.
How long is your LP usually? I would seriously wait until 12dpo at the earliest!

#21 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 06:59 PM

Not to burst your bubble, but I have had metallic mouth once when not pregnant. I honestly think it was me convincing myself I WAS pregnant. I was certainly not IMAGINING the taste, it was very distinct, but in the end that month I had 0% chance of pregnancy.

#22 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
You should note the 6dpo spotting on your chart - coincides with a nice looking implantation dip!!
Even if it wasn't spotting exactly. I had to actually shove toilet paper in there and wipe my cervix to see actual blood.

#23 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Even if it wasn't spotting exactly. I had to actually shove toilet paper in there and wipe my cervix to see actual blood.
Its not healthy to put toilet paper IN you...

#24 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the new thread! Good luck to everyone this month!

Loving wife to DH, ,, to four great kids 8, 6, 3, 1, TTC #5
#25 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 PM

I'm still here. Waiting to O. Just checking in

Whatever will be, already is...

#26 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 PM

Samy I could have written your post myself, so thanks for all the ladies that replied

10 DPO here and BFN I really had myself convinced that I was going to get a BFP for some reason. Not sure if I will test again tomorrow or wait until 12 DPO.
#27 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 PM

For those of you who are not one of the Sushi ladies (they got to know first) I got huge TTC news today!

DF will be home in 1 1/2 months!!!!!

#28 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 08:21 PM

AWESOME! That is excellent news Mae. I remember your story from this summer, I'm happy for you. Wahoo!

AFM: could I please be added to Waiting to Know, Pinoikoi? I am at 8 DPO. This is our first month EVER TTC, so we are hopeful because in my book- it would be terribly romantic. A babe made on our wedding night (week ago), after 10 years together, sigh. Fingers crossed.

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
#29 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Can I be moved back to waiting to O... ? Thanks.

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#30 of 255 Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
Can I be moved back to waiting to O... ? Thanks.
Said it in the other thread, but will say it again... so sorry to hear this news. xoxo

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page