#122 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I just wasted a dollar
Lol.

I POA OPK this morning to satisfy my urge... and then ALMOST dipped in a FRER. Glad I didn't, but the mornings (and afternoons... w/ my chem pg I got strongest lines around 2pm) are going to get tougher from here on out!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#123 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 AM

One.....More......Day......Oh god this might actually kill me. FF said I should wait until DPO 18, yeah right, thats 6 days from now.

Loving wife to DH, ,, to four great kids 8, 6, 3, 1, TTC #5
#124 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemama View Post
I always thought our pee should turn purple at the moment of conception...life would be so much easier! What's that? Huh my pee's purple...Honey we're having a baby!!
We would still find a way to obsess - like ...Oh, is that like a hint of lavendar?? Maybe it isn't supposed to be DARK purple right.....? LOL

AFM - 11dpo and BFN. My CM has gone back to pre-AF like stuff and I have been cramping so I am pretty sure I am out. (when I was pg last time, my CM was very different "pre-AF") I don't have my usual pre-AF acne which is a good sign. And 11dpo could still be early, but we'll see. I don't have sore boobs (and I am still nursing so i figure I would know), bleeding gums, high temps.
it's not fun to have nothing to even obsess over! LOL

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#125 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I always thought it would be nice if we were like cars... could plug a wire into our bellybutton and find out EVERYTHING going on in our bodies.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#126 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM

My obsessing has hit a snag!
Yesterday I got my progesterone results from Monday's 6/7dpo test. The past 2 months I've been testing in the low to mid 20s, but this time it was 16.4, so my OB has me on prog suppositories. Anyway, I guess the prog SE pretty much mimic early preg symptoms, so the sore boobs, bloating, fatigue & hunger are likely just a sick & twisted RUSE!

And I can still obsess over other things, like was my puny (enough-to-be-scary but not-enough-to-be-implantation-dip) temp drop affected by the progesterone and therefore might actually BE an implant dip??? Hahaha. No, likely not.

But silly me, 9pdo and I POA(DT)S. BFN of course.

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#127 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 03:11 PM

So I am still spotting. It has picked up a bit to the point I have to wear a liner, but still isn't clotty and AF-like. Plus AF isn't due until Sunday and I am pretty regular so either this is implantation or my cycle has gone haywire.

Like I said in my PP I had implantation bleeding with my DD that was heavy enough to make me think AF was on her way so this is all making me nuts.

I have also become super thirsty for cold, cold drinks. With my last pregnancy I was the preggo lady in 7-11 buying a Slurpee when it was -40C, so that has me suspicious as well.

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

#128 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynyota View Post
Anyway, I guess the prog SE pretty much mimic early preg symptoms, so the sore boobs, bloating, fatigue & hunger are likely just a sick & twisted RUSE!
Early pregnancy symptoms are caused by progesterone? Suddenly everything makes sense!! I have been trying to figure out how I can have symptoms (if they are symptoms) when I am getting BFNs. But if they are caused by progesterone and not HCg, it can totally happen!

A total lightbulb moment. Thanks for that!

#129 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_lily View Post
Early pregnancy symptoms are caused by progesterone? Suddenly everything makes sense!! I have been trying to figure out how I can have symptoms (if they are symptoms) when I am getting BFNs. But if they are caused by progesterone and not HCg, it can totally happen!

A total lightbulb moment. Thanks for that!
The majority of symptoms are indeed due to the increase in progesterone which happens whether or not you are pregnant:

tender breasts
bleeding gums
bloody nose
nausea
hot flashes
bloating
constipation
fatigue
dizziness

and more.

Just because you dont get them (or notice them) some months and suddenly do means nothing also. I used to never get tender breasts pre-af and suddenly this month last year they were INSANELY sore and swollen for the week preceding AF... now they have gone to just a little sore preceding AF

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#130 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 05:40 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm waiting to test this month too

I don't temp so no exact O date, but AF should be due the 20th, and we DTD almost daily through the 10days when I would be around ovulation... so i'm hoping!

I don't know if i should wait to test, i guess i'm too early but who knows... tests cost minimum $10 here but i'm buying one today because it's grocery day... so i hope i have the patience to wait long enough to get a true result lol.

Good luck everyone!

What is the earliest DPO to get a true result on a first response test?

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#131 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megviolet View Post
What is the earliest DPO to get a true result on a first response test?
That depends.

Despite that it says 5 days before your missed period... it actually means NO SOONER THAN 10dpo

at 10dpo you have about a 69% chance of positive IF you are pregnant. it goes up a few percent each day after that.

#132 of 297 Old 10-15-2009, 05:48 PM

Add me to the October list. I want a baby cancer to go with my leo, libra, and scorpio (need more water sings like me so that water rules the house!) Nah, I'm not crazy.

Mandi - Doula/Childbirth Educator, Loving my DH, DS, DD, DD, missing my three (last m/c 4/2010)
#133 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 12:10 AM

May I please join??
I have a 3 yr old dd who was a joyful surprise so this is dh and I's first time "trying". Yesterday all of a sudden out of NO where I felt like I had a horrid uti, I drank some water and layed down and was fine 20min later...no symptoms since then (this was like 1pm yesterday) my bff thinks I implanted. SO of course I had to poas this am and it was bfn .
We are dtd every other day ALL month cause I have no clue on earth when I o and I wanted to have the best chance. I am due for af on oct 31(give or take 1 day). I am freaking out I have about 10 friends ttc right now, 5 have been trying longer then 2years. I am scared to death I am going to be dtd everyother day until kingdom comes (not that I mind dtd but sometimes a girl needs a rest kwim?)
~Kate
#134 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyprincess View Post
May I please join??
I have a 3 yr old dd who was a joyful surprise so this is dh and I's first time "trying". Yesterday all of a sudden out of NO where I felt like I had a horrid uti, I drank some water and layed down and was fine 20min later...no symptoms since then (this was like 1pm yesterday) my bff thinks I implanted. SO of course I had to poas this am and it was bfn .
We are dtd every other day ALL month cause I have no clue on earth when I o and I wanted to have the best chance. I am due for af on oct 31(give or take 1 day). I am freaking out I have about 10 friends ttc right now, 5 have been trying longer then 2years. I am scared to death I am going to be dtd everyother day until kingdom comes (not that I mind dtd but sometimes a girl needs a rest kwim?)
~Kate
IF your AF is regular and this is a regular cycle... you will be Oing between today and this time next week depending on your luteal phase (16 days = today, 9 days = next week). So very doubtful it was implantation in that case (also doubtful that you randomly Oed about a week and half early which is how long ago it would have had to have happened for implantation to happen yet... it happens around 5 to 7 dpo)

#135 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
IF your AF is regular and this is a regular cycle... you will be Oing between today and this time next week depending on your luteal phase (16 days = today, 9 days = next week). So very doubtful it was implantation in that case (also doubtful that you randomly Oed about a week and half early which is how long ago it would have had to have happened for implantation to happen yet... it happens around 5 to 7 dpo)
Thanks so much for the advice! I forgot to say that from the first day of my period to the first day of my next is generally 25 days (give or take a day).
#136 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks so much for the advice! I forgot to say that from the first day of my period to the first day of my next is generally 25 days (give or take a day).
That makes it slightly more likely that you will not O until late next week.

#137 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 10:39 AM

Man what a week! It has been so busy here and I've been spending my nights making this cake for work tomorrow! I was up until midnight last night. . SO TIRED this morning.

So still no sign of ovulation. . guess it's not gonna happen. Oh well. I am just ready to get on with a new cycle. I will probably start provera some time next week.

How is everyone doing? Happy Friday!
#138 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
That makes it slightly more likely that you will not O until late next week.
Ok thats great to know, my friends keep saying they think I o the first week after my period. And I am just not sure. Thanks so much for taking the time.
#139 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok thats great to know, my friends keep saying they think I o the first week after my period. And I am just not sure. Thanks so much for taking the time.
Im basing this off of the fact that you said your next AF is not due until Halloween. Counting back from then (and assuming this is a normal cycle) you would O somewhere between 9 and 16 days before that day (assuming no Luteal Phase Defect, though 9 days would be I still count it as it is common). If you have a shorter cycle, its more likely that you have a shorter LP (though you could still have a long or decent LP and just O earlier, its more likely that your LP is short)

9 days pre-af would be Oct 22
16 would be Oct 15 (yesterday)

average, 14 days, would be tomorrow.

a healthy but short lp, 12 days, would be 2 days after tomorrow.

it is almost unheard of (and you would have to have something seriously messed up) to have an LP longer than 16 days. With having short cycles... that is EXTREMELY unlikely.

BTW, your LP should not change much each month. If you have a 12 day LP one month you should NOT have a 16 day LP the next month... so ASSUMING (and mind you that is all this is as you have no proof of anything so we have to do a lot of assumptions and wondering) that you have an average LP (14 days) and regular 25 day cycles, that means always Oing on cd11 (11 days after the first day of your last period.)

Of course, almost anything can change your O day. Hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, sickness, your own thoughts, medications, other external factors, etc.

Of course, without temping or constant monitoring by a doctor you can never be sure when you O... but you can watch for signs such as your cervical mucous. Most women get EWCM (eggwhite cervical mucous, looks like egg whites) in the days leading up to O, but by the day OF O it tends to be gone. Not always. Just tends to. Of course, this doesnt mean you Oed, or that you Oed then, just means that your body geared up to... but its better than nothing.

#140 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 12:16 PM

I won't be joining this thread this cycle, since I messed up the insemination, no point in obsessing over nothing. Goodluck to you all.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#141 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 01:19 PM

for samy.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#142 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 04:46 PM

samy, that sucks. I read your other thread and that has to be really disapointing. Good vibes to you for next month.

I am continuing to obsess over my spotting/implantation bleeding/early AF/ who the heck knows what. It picked up enough that I finally put on a pad overnight and this morning (I could have used a tampon, but it is easier to obsess this way) but the last couple of times I went to the bathroom it has slowed pack down to very light spotting.

Today is CD27 and AF is actually due on Sunday. I have been spotting since LAST Sunday.

I haven't tested since Wednesday night, and that was using no-name blue dye ones. I picked up some FRERs last night but my DF hid them from me!!! He thinks that will somehow make me obsess less.

#143 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Hey girls, I usually try not to obsess but I gave into temptation this cycle and tested yest and today at 8 & 9DPO - BFN of course. AF arrived at 10DPO last cycle, my longest lp since getting ppaf.
Trying not to test tomorrow and wait till Sun morning instead, that is if af doesn't arrive first.
No signs or symptoms really except for strong cramps around belly button and lower for around 10 mins on the afternoon of 6DPO ( I don't ever cramp even with af, so this was new)
Another positive sign is that I have had no skin breakouts, which I usually get a day or two before af.
Would love, love, love a bfp this cycle!!
#144 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 05:58 PM

Ok, my obsession has hit fever pitch.
2 DT tests today (not FMU) have come up very very faintly pink! I'm 10dpo.
But I can't seem to get a decent pic either from my phone or my huge digital camera.
Here's the best I can do for now. Sorry they're so awful. Can you see anything at all???

blurry pic 1
blurry pic 2

#145 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynyota View Post
Ok, my obsession has hit fever pitch.
2 DT tests today (not FMU) have come up very very faintly pink! I'm 10dpo.
But I can't seem to get a decent pic either from my phone or my huge digital camera.
Here's the best I can do for now. Sorry they're so awful. Can you see anything at all???

blurry pic 1
blurry pic 2
Have you read my how-to on the first post of this thread? it may help

That being said, when have I ever let something as silly as a hard to see picture stop me from at least ATTEMPTING an edit? http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ampy/bfp-7.jpg

#146 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 06:12 PM

I see it!
#147 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Have you read my how-to on the first post of this thread? it may help

That being said, when have I ever let something as silly as a hard to see picture stop me from at least ATTEMPTING an edit? http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ampy/bfp-7.jpg
Thanks Mae!!!
I have read your photo how-to, but unfortunately my dig camera is quite old (dh is an 'early adopter' - but then we never upgrade!) and there's nothing that says 'macro' on it, and I can't find my manual (believe me, I've looked!)

But am I right in thinking that your edit shows some pink???!

#148 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM

I see it, too...but reserving joy joy until I see a better pic tomorrow.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#149 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 07:34 PM

Even with the tiny pic I see the line!! I am not reserving anything! Congrats!!!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#150 of 297 Old 10-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Ha! I found my FRERs! I wasn't even looking for them.

My DF is hilarious. Whenever he wants to hide something he puts them somewhere *he* normally never goes, and doesn't think about what I am into on a daily basis. He put them on top of one of the kitchen cupboards, next to where we keep the cereal. I was just going about my day and then "hmmm... what is that pink thing??"

So I took them, and put them in my nightstand.

Now... do I tell him I found them, or just wait for him to discover they are missing? I was planning on taking a test with FMU tomorrow depending on what my bleeding is doing, but now I am tempted to pee on one just out of spite. LOL.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page