October Obsess and Test!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No matter how far along you are, this is the place for testing or obsessing until you can test.

WARNING: If you want to stay stress free and not be pushed to test early, this is probably not the best place for you! LOL

We support testing at any point in the cycle!

Success stories:
(click the for pics)

October - December 2009
None yet! Oh wait, I started this in September still. That is why!

July - September 2009 (15 BFPs!)
morganstar83 5 weeks
rollergirl 13dpo
SuzieQ3417 11dpo
flowerlover
adarasmom
bublegirl13
rhiOrion 18dpo
Sorin12dpo
Pepper44
OrganicPapayaMama 10dpo
bk_hope_2_b_mama 13dpo
Jenne 10dpo
soso-lynn 10dpo
Tres13dpo
Cormama12dpo

April - June 2009 (23 BFPS!)

When announcing a BFP please use : in your post. I don't mind if it's used in other posts but that way I don't overlook anyones pregnancy. Also, if possible include a pic of the test and how many DPO you are.

If, for whatever reason, you need removed from our BFP list just send me a private message saying "remove me" and I will, no questions asked.

For those who are less than camera-savy:
HOW TO GET A CLEAR PHOTO OF YOUR BFP OR QUESTIONABLE TEST WITH MOST DIGITAL CAMERAS

*Set your camera to Macro which will look like: this or very similar
*Use the best lighting you can, in this order:
Bright sunlight > cloudy > white light bulb > yellow light
Try your hardest to avoid a yellow light because it makes it very difficult to tell if the line is colored or gray even when they are dark.
*Use your focus. Even in macro setting you need to focus, most autofocus cameras do this by one half-push to the shutter button, then when it focuses you finish the push. If you push it all in at once it is likely to be out of focus.
*Hold still! I know you are excited, but if you can not hold the camera steady enough to get a good pic, find a stable object to hold the camera against when you take the picture.

This should guarantee an EASY TO SEE BFP!!!

If for whatever reason you need your BFP digitally altered to tell if it is a BFP or not, feel free to contact me (MaerynPearl) through pm with a link to the image, as I do photo editing in my spare time as a beloved hobby (along with my photography)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

So... I know its still September. But I dont want it to be. I want to be able to say DF WILL BE HOME NEXT MONTH!!!!

So in my denial, voila, I have officially declared today October the 0th

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:39 PM

Cute, Mae

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 10-01-2009, 12:48 AM

subbing!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 AM

Lots of baby dust for this month! Mae I'm thrilled for you that your df will be home soon!
:f ingersx

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 AM

14 DPO today, Af was due yesterday but hasn't shown yet! Really hoping AF stays away and I can test again in a couple days

So far I've tested at 9, 10, 11, 13 DPO -all BFN. So I know it's very unlikely Im pregnant, but im still hoping until AF arrives.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

Old 10-01-2009, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
14 DPO today, Af was due yesterday but hasn't shown yet! Really hoping AF stays away and I can test again in a couple days

So far I've tested at 9, 10, 11, 13 DPO -all BFN. So I know it's very unlikely Im pregnant, but im still hoping until AF arrives.
Do you have a chart?

Old 10-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Do you have a chart?
No but im thinking about getting one tomorrow. Why do you ask? do you think maybe I ovulated late?

Oh I also tested today at 14 DPO and got a BFN again.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
No but im thinking about getting one tomorrow. Why do you ask? do you think maybe I ovulated late?

Oh I also tested today at 14 DPO and got a BFN again.
If you have no clue when you ovulated, yes, you could have ovulated late. You cant really count DPO if you do not know how many DPO you really are.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
If you have no clue when you ovulated, yes, you could have ovulated late. You cant really count DPO if you do not know how many DPO you really are.
Yeah I don't know exactly since I don't yet temp (buying a bbt today!) but I was estimating based on EWCM -thinking that was my O date and that's also the day I dtd.

I've had lots of EWCM for the past 4 days I think now though, and Im on cycle day 31 I think. So maybe I'm ovulating really late this cycle?

AF was due 3 days ago, all tests BFN's so Im just still waiting for AF.

How do you know when you O when you temp? Do you get a rise in temperature the day you O or the day after/before or something?

Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Day after O you get a temp rise that MUST stay up. One single temperature is not sufficient to know...

FF wont even tell you until you have a couple of days of temps higher than your past temps.

If you chart without FF, it must be 3 temps above your past 6.

and when you get EWCM is almost guarenteed not to be when you O... but you would O sometime between the day to several days after. Rarely should a women have EWCM on O day... as you O when your lh surge is completely over... and immediately after Oing you start to produce progesterone (which does both, help dry up EWCM that may still exist and raise your temp)

Old 10-02-2009, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

I wish I could obsess this month... I have an extremely clear ovulation date (and I havent even gotten my crosshairs yet! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MaerynPearl)

I hope I dont obsess next month but I also hope I find out DFs come-home-date before next cycle starts because at this rate AF is due Nov 11-15 so anything I can do to hold that off if that is when he comes home... I will.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
BFNs on 6, 7, and 10 DPO. Trying to wait until 14 DPO before testing again... I guess part of me is interested to see exactly what day a negative might turn to a positive... but I have no signs of pregnancy whatsoever so that experiment will likely be a waste of time!

Mae, thanks for being the voice of reason on the TTC threads.

I'm wondering about this triphasic temperature pattern - is there a connection between when you would get a BFP, and a second temperature rise? Should I wait for a temperature jump before testing again?

The Chart I'm Obsessing Over

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 10-02-2009, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Most women do not go triphasic until weeks into their pregnancy if at all. Its actually rare to find a pregnant woman with triphasic pre-AF

and some triphasic charts turn out to not be pregnant (ive had one, have as several others... mine was with no chance of pregnancy at all)

so if you wait... well, you certainly wont waste any pregnancy tests that way lol.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:55 PM

So I guess I'll join you ladies obssessing for the next 10 days or so.

I'm only DPO4 today. We were trying to avoid, but really, both of us want another, it's just a weird transitional time for us right now.

So I ended up ovulating early and we cheated and ended up BDing 2 days before ovulation. TCOYF says that my chance of conception is good.

So while BD was not really optimally timed, it's still quite possible that I could conceive. And I would be very happy about that.

DPO 3 and 4, I have been very fatigued (could be due to stress) and I also have had vivid dreams the last 2 nights, which I haven't had in a long long time.

Also my sense of smell seems heightened. I could smell the tempura from the sushi place as we drove by and the smell of fresh cut wood was strong in the Home Depot parking lot. Today there was some nasty smell in my house that no one else noticed.

I've got creamy yellow CM....I don't know if this is normal for me or not, because I normally stop charting when ovulation has been confirmed.

Also, seems like I'm urinating more, which I noticed on DPO4 with my second pregnancy.....got a BFP on DPO8/9 with him after implantation spotting on DPO6.

My cervix has also softened up in the last couple days. It was firm DPO2, but now it's probably medium.

I know that implantation, and thus pregnancy symptoms, are very far fetched this early on, but I wonder if any symptoms could be attributed to EPF- early pregnancy factor, which is a protein that is released when the egg becomes fertilized to suppress the immune system to stop the body from attacking an egg. I have not been able to find much info on EPF.

I bet I'm obssessing and it's just nothing....but hey, this seems to be what this thread is for, right???

I was making pancakes the other night and all of a sudden it felt like I had done a bunch of crunches and I got a bit of a lower back ache and it felt a little tight and locked up. At that moment, I had a full feeling and thought 'OMG, I might just be pregnant.' I'm sure it's all psychosomatic, but I'll continue to hope.

This weekend, I will be making the trip to Dollar Tree to get a gajillion HPTs. Will probably have to start testing DPO6. I'd be so proud if I could wait until DPO8 though.

Here's my chart:
http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=cherrybear0425
Old 10-03-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledazzle View Post

I know that implantation, and thus pregnancy symptoms, are very far fetched this early on, but I wonder if any symptoms could be attributed to EPF- early pregnancy factor, which is a protein that is released when the egg becomes fertilized to suppress the immune system to stop the body from attacking an egg. I have not been able to find much info on EPF.

Your comment intrigued me, I wasn't aware of the Early Pregnancy Factor and I too had to do some research. Very interesting.

FYI:
"In 1979, it was suggested that EPF could be used as a marker for a very early pregnancy test, and as a way to monitor the viability of ongoing pregnancies in livestock.[7] Interest in EPF for this purpose has continued,[23] although current test methods have not proved sufficiently accurate for the requirements of livestock management.[2][24]
In humans, modern pregnancy tests detect human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). hCG is not present until after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization.[25] In contrast, EPF is present within hours of fertilization. While several other pre-implantation signals have been identified, EPF is believed to be the earliest possible marker of pregnancy.[8][26] The accuracy of EPF as a pregnancy test in humans has been found to be high by several studies."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_pregnancy_factor

Gotta love wikipedia.

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 AM

AF is finally here !!!!!!!! -Happy because I knew I wasn't pregnant after all the testing, but AF just wouldn't show! Few days late, but finally here!

Yay now I can get excited about ttc for the second cycle. It sucks it didn't work first time, but oh well, now I can focus on the next cycle of trying.

Hopefully be back in this thread obsessing again later on this month.

Goodluck testing everyone!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:32 PM

Good luck in your new cycle Samy!

So today, I'm DPO 5. I woke up with 4 lovely pimples...which usually doesn't happen, but if it does, it's about DPO 12- a couple days before AF. Some light cramping earlier today and around 4:30pm, my nipples have started to feel kinda sore...like a burny itchy thing going on. I never have complaints about my breasts before AF.

I went ahead and stocked up on Dollar Tree tests today and of course, I had to try just one, and of course it was negative. Heehee. :0)

http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=cherrybear0425
Old 10-04-2009, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

I should get crosshairs tomorrow (im 99.9% certain I will, barring the fact that I am sick causing my temp to drop for some reason)

It makes me sad because I want to obsess... I want to be TTC right NOW.

But then I think... Maybe it is for the best, maybe I will get lucky and conceive the same month as my soon-to-be sister-in-law who is starting to get along with me quite well...

maybe.

But I still want to NOW

Old 10-04-2009, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Samy23, we seem to be on the exact same schedule... Here's hoping we both get a BFP next month!

Day 1. Back to the drawing board... At least my stash of tests is safe for a few weeks!

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 10-05-2009, 03:04 AM

I'm gonna feel silly if I'm not pregnant. I have felt very optimistic the last 24 hours that I am.

Today is DPO 6.

POAS this morning, a BFN of course, but it helps me deal with the anxious energy.

My pimples did not back down today....more pronounced than normal.
Nipples still feel burny tingly and my breasts have started to ache especially on the sides near my armpits. They have that slightly engorged feeling, or like the feeling you hae during let down when nursing.

Tonight I notice that I can no longer express any breastmilk. (I have been able to just a drop or two through last week even though I haven't nursed for about a year)

I also noticed several blue veins running from my armpit or my sternum area to my nipples. Have they been there all along and I just failed to notice them? I don't know.

I've been crampy on and off all day, but not bad at all.

CM started yellow or white and creamy this morning, but now it's more watery....even had a tiny touch of stretchy EWCM this afternoon.

My upper back is all broken out in little bumps and has been itchy all day. I don't know what that's all about, but man it's annoying.

Can't wait to test in the morning, even though I know it's still going to be a BFN. I haven't even got evap lines on my last 2 test to obssess over!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 AM

I tested yesterday and of course, bfn.. It was 8 dpo but it was very discouraging for me. I don't think I'm pregnant this time. The last two times were so easy because I got pregnant on 1st try. I was hoping that it would happen this time also. My edd would be June 20th which is my fathers birthday...
Old 10-06-2009, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying for #1 View Post
I tested yesterday and of course, bfn.. It was 8 dpo but it was very discouraging for me. I don't think I'm pregnant this time. The last two times were so easy because I got pregnant on 1st try. I was hoping that it would happen this time also. My edd would be June 20th which is my fathers birthday...
at 8dpo, even if you ARE pregnant you very slim chance of getting a bfp...

at 8dpo, in most women, you would have just implanted 1-3 days ago and need 2-6 more days to have your hCG double to a level high enough for even early pregnancy tests to catch.

So you are not out!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying for #1 View Post
Goodluck and lots of baby dust to you!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the incouragement Mae and Samy. I know that it was way too earlier and I shouldve waited. AF starts Sunday so we will see what happens. I am gonna test again Thursday because I have a party to attend that involves some drinking but I still may not drink.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:05 PM

So, trying to remain hopeful about my insemination timing even if I O'ed today instead of yesterday like I thought I would...

Did the FF override to see what my "intercourse (ewww) timing analyzer" would be if I Oed CD 17 or CD 18, and it's "high" in both cases.

So I guess I'll stop obsessing... Wow. I'm REALLY bad at this whole "no obsessing" thing. Good thing I gave up being threadkeeper for that topic this month!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
So, trying to remain hopeful about my insemination timing even if I O'ed today instead of yesterday like I thought I would...

Did the FF override to see what my "intercourse (ewww) timing analyzer" would be if I Oed CD 17 or CD 18, and it's "high" in both cases.

So I guess I'll stop obsessing... Wow. I'm REALLY bad at this whole "no obsessing" thing. Good thing I gave up being threadkeeper for that topic this month!
lol

well I have done anecdotal checking myself and have found that... if you O today... you insemed every day this weekend and then yesterday right?

You would still have a REALLY good chance.

According to FF out of 200 charts (which are surprisingly similar to regular pregnancy chances) if you inseminated every day for the 3 days leading up to O, not including O day, (sat-mon and oing tuesday/today) you have a 40% chance of pregnancy, whereas entering no info in the intercourse pattern gives a 33% chance.... (mind you... that would be 33% of women who know when they O... which is almost dead on with the rates that are usually given)

granted, as I said, that is anecdotal, but it is INTERESTING!

(if you add in miscarrage rates, its higher for both instances. I dont add those)

Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
"intercourse (ewww) timing analyzer"
: Ya, the stuff some of us put up with...
Old 10-06-2009, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Another interesting thing I found (anecdotal, not scientific, but if you think numbers are as neat as I do you will like this)...

Having only 1 day of intercourse in your 5 day window:
(- means days before Ovulation, + means days after Ovulation)
O - 4: 21%
O - 3: 28%
O - 2: 30%
O - 1: 34%
O day: 31%
O + 1: 15%

Old 10-06-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
"intercourse (ewww) timing analyzer"
why ewww? I don't get it?

Quote:
Another interesting thing I found (anecdotal, not scientific, but if you think numbers are as neat as I do you will like this)...

Having only 1 day of intercourse in your 5 day window:
(- means days before Ovulation, + means days after Ovulation)
O - 4: 21%
O - 3: 28%
O - 2: 30%
O - 1: 34%
O day: 31%
O + 1: 15%
Im shocked the chances are so low! Why aren't they more around 90% if you BD around Ovulation?

User Tag List