Bobba Fett
Fighter Pilot
Hans

and me- Leia of course.
#302 of 351 Old 10-31-2009, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man I wish I had thought of this sooner, but I wan't planning on dressing up to take my son trick or treating, but now I'm going to dig my Alice Cooper concert shirt out of the closet from the 1986 tour and see what I might have to go with that. (I know, I feel old suddenly)

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#303 of 351 Old 10-31-2009, 02:17 PM

LOL... I was gonna go as a Witch but suddenly this morning I am feeling very Zombie-ish (still sick ) so I may be a zombie instead.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#304 of 351 Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 AM

I hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#305 of 351 Old 11-01-2009, 11:41 AM

DD was a duck. we didn't dress up or go anywhere, though, just took pictures of her as a duck. next year she'll be nearly 3 so we'll probably do something more fun and exciting.

news: DH and i were talking last night since we still haven't used The Last Condom Brand. he was saying that it was really great being able to have sex without worrying about reactions since i was in the LP and condoms weren't an issue. he said that he's been thinking about it a lot, and he is ready to throw caution to the wind and say that we don't need to prevent anymore and when it happens, it happens. wooooooo!

of course, now i realize that if i O "on time" (for me) this month, i'll be due right around that wedding we're all supposed to be in. d'oh! i can't decide if i want to do anything about that or not. i feel like we should prevent one last month because she's one of my closest friends, but all the months that we HAVEN'T prevented this year didn't exactly get me anywhere so why should i stress about it THIS month when DH is finally on board? oh well, i'll figure it out. i may skip the vitex this month and maybe that will push O off enough so i don't have to think about it. we'll see!

oh, and i am out this month based on these temps sinking like a stone. AF should be here any time now.

how's everyone else doing? have we figured out our new threadmistress? i guess i can do it; it's not like anyone is moving around from waiting to O to waiting to know.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#306 of 351 Old 11-01-2009, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
he said that he's been thinking about it a lot, and he is ready to throw caution to the wind and say that we don't need to prevent anymore and when it happens, it happens. wooooooo!
Oh YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#307 of 351 Old 11-01-2009, 10:05 PM

Go YYYM!!!!!!!

Get this...another sister in law is pregnant. There are only 2 left. One is a nun and the other is (next I'm sure) young and unmarried.

The pregnant SIL told my husband she was pregnant on the phone just now. (6 wks!! What is she telling people for!!!?) Since he told her I had another mc when she asked if we were having any more, she decided not to tell me. I actually feel worse for her than for myself. I mean I feel bad she thought it would upset me. I'm happy for her. Wait..I guess it must have upset me a little or I wouldn't be posting this

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#308 of 351 Old 11-02-2009, 01:43 PM

YYYM I had a feeling those condoms would go out the window! Yay for DH finally coming around! I'm psyched for you

Enigo The last friend that got pregnant did that to me too- had her hubby tell my DH. I talked to her soon after, the pity makes you feel worse than anything else I think. But she's like 23 and got pregnant the month after getting off the pill. Sooooo, no surprises there, and not as bitter as I normally am. Maybe I'm getting better

Liz Sweetie, I'm so so sorry It just never freakin' gets any easier.

Carlyle OOOOOOOOO! Come on mama- We need a nice big BFP soon to raise everyone's spirits!

AFM- I've completely given up on temping, and I just started using the monitor today on CD 17, because there's no reason to waste sticks when I know I O around CD 20. We're just kinda bd'ing every other day, and my my my- the sex has really gotten better. (Sorry for the TMI) We're both just so much more relaxed. Anyway, my RE appointment is on FRIDAY!! I'm psyched and scared. I guess that's normal. But they're saying they might go ahead and do the HSG test as well as all the blood tests that same day. My question is- I thought they don't like doing the HSG after you O? Anyone know anything about this? Have a great day ladies!

Oh- PS- Total weight loss 9.6 pounds

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#309 of 351 Old 11-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Yeah I actually feel bad for "spoiling" her good news. She called all the way from New Zealand to to us and then didn't want to hurt my feelings which is actually nice for a change. Poor thing, this should be her happy time.

My mom called today and said "Is it out yet?" I have got to move farther away

#310 of 351 Old 11-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Yeah I actually feel bad for "spoiling" her good news. She called all the way from New Zealand to to us and then didn't want to hurt my feelings which is actually nice for a change. Poor thing, this should be her happy time.

My mom called today and said "Is it out yet?" I have got to move farther away
Move to New Zealand. There seems to be something in the water there.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#311 of 351 Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
AFM- I've completely given up on temping, and I just started using the monitor today on CD 17, because there's no reason to waste sticks when I know I O around CD 20. We're just kinda bd'ing every other day, and my my my- the sex has really gotten better. (Sorry for the TMI) We're both just so much more relaxed. Anyway, my RE appointment is on FRIDAY!! I'm psyched and scared. I guess that's normal. But they're saying they might go ahead and do the HSG test as well as all the blood tests that same day. My question is- I thought they don't like doing the HSG after you O? Anyone know anything about this? Have a great day ladies!

Oh- PS- Total weight loss 9.6 pounds
In my stalking you, I thought that you'd stopped temping! It makes me feel sooo much more relaxed too! (but maybe too relaxed, as our timing was terrible this month we just werent "into" it when it was time, or we were, but one of us was too tired.)

It's my understanding that they do NOT do the HSG after O, unless you're not TTC. I'd make sure they dont schedule it for you on Friday, if you're pretty sure you'll have already O'd. (just my preference, I wouldnt do it after O. I think my sister's RE cancelled hers bc it was after CD10 or something...) it might not be good to have that stuff in the tubes so soon before O.

and wwwaaaaahhhooo for your weightloss! that is awesome. I gained back 4 of the 12 lbs that i lost. so, now i have an extra incentive to not eat any more candy (after I finish the leftovers from halloween of course, i'd hate for it to go to "waste.")

YYYM- YAY for throwing caution to the wind! if I was choosing whether to avoid or not, I'd NOT AVOID this cycle. especially for those of us with longer cycles, those few fertile days every 40 some days or so are precious!! at this point, i'd much rather be "inconvenienced" by a pregnancy than put it off only to wonder "what if this was the cycle?"
and I'd be delighted if you could take over the thread... would you mind?

enigo- sorry you had to get that news, that yet another family member is knocked up. and sorry that your SIL felt bad about it. I often wonder if "saving" my feelings is worth the awkwardness. I dont want people to feel bad just because they're able and we arent. it's a tough place.

Carlyle- I stalked you. I was really hopeful for you.. and it all sounded so promising. well, for now, we're cycle buddies, although i think you might lap me... i might O by the time you're testing positive this cycle!

Tear- i didnt stalk your chart yet. how are you?

everyone else, i havent seen you here since my last post... how are you all?

afm, nothing to report cycle wise- i think i'm CD4 or so.
DH and I got our adopt-a-family wish list from the local domestic violence project, and i'm really excited to shop for it. It is going to be really fun to be able to give someone a slightly better holiday. This is a good time of year for me, baby or not- I can be thankful for all we have, and all we are able to give. (Not that I'd mind not being able to drink wine at Christmas dinner this year - or Thanksgiving, for that matter!!!!) I'll take MS while making holiday cookies this year- GLADLY!!! I"LL TAKE IT!!!! PLEASE!!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#312 of 351 Old 11-02-2009, 04:20 PM

Cross your fingers for me ladies. Hoping I hear a heartbeat tomorrow!
#313 of 351 Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM

Pinoikoi, I am sending you good vibes to hear that little bean's heartbeat

I just wanted to check in and say I have been popping in to check up on my ladies There is too much for me to respond to everyone personally, I could bc I have been reading everything in this thread, but I am short on time (cooking dinner)

I just wanted to say that it is weird not trying to conceive. I know it is for the best for us though, I know it more and more the longer we progress past the decision. There is nothing worse than limbo and that was where I was. Things continue to be good between DH and I , BUT times are tough financially, and it is hard. I had alot of cancellations last week and therefore have NO cash for the whole week

I miss TTC and you guys, but I am still lurking in the wings.

Whatever will be, already is...

#314 of 351 Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM

I will also say that it is a year for me now. even though the dream is lost, I still get a bit upset that we passed the year mark with great timing every month and no baby to show for it (but 2 heartbreaks) I know you ladies understand and many of you have also passed that year mark. I think that is why I am so emotional

Whatever will be, already is...

#315 of 351 Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Hey ladies!! Ive missed being up here, havent had access to the internet lol.. Lots of things to update on. Husband had appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery....3 days in the hospital. that was not fun. Then i just thought my AF was a few days late due to stress BUT..... I GOT 4 BFP!!!!! Im pregnant ladies!! It was confirmed at the doctor, and they did some early tests to make sure everything turns out ok but i am due on July 1st! Im so excited, and nervous and scared and everything all into one, my family is excited to, but everyone is just seeing how everything goes for now, i will keep you posted and try to get some BFP pics up here asap.

Courtney, married to Steven, MC 5/20/09, got an OMIGGOSH! 10-23-09, EDD 7-1-2010
#316 of 351 Old 11-03-2009, 10:11 AM

Still nurturing my cyst - isn't that sweet? P~~~~~~~

I go in for another u/s when AF starts again, which should perhaps be 10 days. We'll see. If it is just spotting, then I'll know for certain it's the stupid cyst still. I think.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

#317 of 351 Old 11-03-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
In my stalking you, I thought that you'd stopped temping! It makes me feel sooo much more relaxed too! (but maybe too relaxed, as our timing was terrible this month we just werent "into" it when it was time, or we were, but one of us was too tired.)

It's my understanding that they do NOT do the HSG after O, unless you're not TTC. I'd make sure they dont schedule it for you on Friday, if you're pretty sure you'll have already O'd. (just my preference, I wouldnt do it after O. I think my sister's RE cancelled hers bc it was after CD10 or something...) it might not be good to have that stuff in the tubes so soon before O.

and wwwaaaaahhhooo for your weightloss! that is awesome. I gained back 4 of the 12 lbs that i lost. so, now i have an extra incentive to not eat any more candy (after I finish the leftovers from halloween of course, i'd hate for it to go to "waste.")

afm, nothing to report cycle wise- i think i'm CD4 or so.
DH and I got our adopt-a-family wish list from the local domestic violence project, and i'm really excited to shop for it. It is going to be really fun to be able to give someone a slightly better holiday. This is a good time of year for me, baby or not- I can be thankful for all we have, and all we are able to give. (Not that I'd mind not being able to drink wine at Christmas dinner this year - or Thanksgiving, for that matter!!!!) I'll take MS while making holiday cookies this year- GLADLY!!! I"LL TAKE IT!!!! PLEASE!!!
LIZ Yes! I think the temping was really making me stress- unfortunately- now that I've stopped temping, I can never remember to do anything else to keep track of "O"- (for example, forgot to poas for the fertility monitor this morning grrrrr) And sorry to hear that your timing was off- BUT then again, up to 7 days before...well you know all that It always happens when you least expect it...
As for the HSG- I will tell them to wait. If my LP is 14 days, then I'll only have to wait like 2 weeks or so to get it done then, no biggie. I know I won't be pregnant, but I've waited this long what's another few weeks...
Four pounds is nothing! Probably all water, you'll lose it again quickly
And the DV project- that's a wonerful cause. I think an oft neglected one too :/ Toys for tots is our major holiday thing-but worried about people being able to give this holiday season...

Praying for Baby CONGRATULATIONS MAMA! We needed a BFP here. I was really starting to get depressed. Here's to a happy and healthy nine months!

Beloved I am glad you and DH are doing so well now, and you're not in limbo. And I'm super happy you're still lurking. We're still here for you whatever your TTC status is. and I hope the financial situation improves. It's hitting everyone pretty hard. Business has been down lately, and I'm worried about Christmas

Pin Please check-in when you get back! We're praying and anxious!

Kel I'm sorry that cyst is giving you so much trouble. If it's not one thing it's another with this TTC business. What's the plan after the U/S?

AFM- Forgot to friggin' POAS for the monitor today. I'm so pissed. Last month went from Low one day to Peak the next with no highs. Does anyone know if weight loss and my new intense training schedule will affect my O dates? I'm hoping it will make my cycle shorter somehow. Wishful thinking. Oh, and extremely nervous about the RE on Friday, though I know it's silly, they're all so nice down there. Anyway, have a great day ladies!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#318 of 351 Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies...

I miss you all! I'm happy to be "over there", but there just isn't the same connection over at the DDCs.

Anyway, YYYM I'd be thrilled if you took over the thread! And I am super happy that DH finally decided to just throw all caution to the wind! Have a great time and I hope to see you get that BFP soon!

Nanette56 - Just to re-confirm the HSG timing, my Ob/Gyn office did not want to do it past CD10. They like to do it between CD 7 and 10. Otherwise you may have already O'd, and doing the HSG could seriously hamper with any possible "reproduction" happening. Does that make sense? I think they'd either want it to be before CD10 or a cycle when you were TTA (I think that's what KellyTTC#1 doctors did).

Congrats to Praying for Baby! I'm sure that was nice surprise after being in the hospital with DH.

AFM - I've been super sick. Unfortunately, not a reassuring kind of morning sickness or anything of the like, just downright sick with a respiratory flu. My chest hurts so bad from coughing, I was feverish and my sinuses are plugged to the point it makes my eyes water. Its finally getting a little better, though I've been sick since Thursday. I did SOOO MUCH coughing I really started to get concerned about the safety of the little bean. I did some research, and it looks like all should be fine... but its hard not to get worried that when my body is fighting to kick this illness it hasn't taken a toll on the pgcy. I sure hope not...

to a lot of you... and lots of to bring you all over to the other side to join me!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#319 of 351 Old 11-03-2009, 02:01 PM
LZP

LIS! feel better!!! I'm sorry you're not the "fun" kind of sick that we all yearn for. I seriously get excited when i think i might be a little queasy- even if it's during AF... so i know what you must be going through.

Just think that your little one is so SO tiny right now, and is in a cushiony, fluffy, nourishing little nest... so all the coughing in the world wont hurt it.. it's like Tempurpedic(TM) for babies- you can jump on one side, and that glass of wine just WON'T spill!

Beloved, I'm glad to know you're still lurking- i missed the thought of you not being here, and i was hoping you were watching over us. I know that year mark is hard, especially when punctuated with a loss. that is really the worst. i'm thinking of you... and I hope that you have some renewed vigor for gettin out of debt, and getting your financial house in order.. that's what DH and I are doing now, and it feels nice- something we can actually CONTROL!!! If anything, maybe you can rest with that knowledge, that it's something over which you have real power. and that can bring you and DH closer, knowing you're conquering it together.

Nanette- I dont know- i am pretty sure the 4 lbs is from the CANDY that i had to "test" to make sure it was safe to serve to the little trick or treaters. and then when it was rainy all night, and we didnt get that many kids, even though i asked them to take 2 or 3 pieces, they still left me SO much that i just couldnt waste!!! so, maybe not water this time, but how sweet are you to mention water?! !!! Re: your HSG, glad you will postpone., this could be the cycle that they dont ever need to do it!!
Perhaps working out will speed up your cycle? I read somewhere that excess body fat stores estrogen (or something like that) so if you are releasing it while getting fit, then maybe it will "ripen:" the eggs faster and you'll O sooner? it's not like you're getting emaciated, right? so you shouldnt miss your pd or anything.

AFM - I think what it comes down to, is that food is one of the few things i can control in my life these days, and I was sick of anyone (the nutritionist, my conscience, society) saying that I "shouldnt" eat certain things... so I went off the deep end. Now i am feeling the (ill) effects, and am actually excited to get back on the wagon of eating healthy, cooking at home, and just generally taking care of myself again.

oh, and my neighbor went in yesterday to "have the baby" I think she was either induced, or had a CS. I'm not sure, and obviously, they didnt tell me about it. DH overheard the neighbor's husband talking to another neighbor about it loudly outside.

I am actually a bit excited about it, which is strange. i wish i knew if it was a boy or a girl...! it'd be nice to make something for the little one. maybe this is more of what I need... her PP horemones surging around in the neighborhood to get me knocked up? Oh how i wish I could just stop thinking about it.

well, that's enough blabbering for now....

to all!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#320 of 351 Old 11-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Thank you ladies, i was hoping someone in here was going to get a BFP. It was a nice surprise, now if can all just get on the same boat. Best of luck to everyone, i will keep everyone posted.

<3

Courtney, married to Steven, MC 5/20/09, got an OMIGGOSH! 10-23-09, EDD 7-1-2010
#321 of 351 Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 PM

I got back from the OB today.. good news! We saw a little heartbeat going like crazy.. It was so weird they could actually zoom in a bit at one point and I swear I saw the individual heart chambers.. My date seems right on, too. My edd by temping was June 21, by measurements they came up with June 20.

I thought since my last loss that I would end up all weepy or run to school and tell everyone I know, but mostly I have just kept it to myself still.
#322 of 351 Old 11-03-2009, 11:03 PM

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy for heartbeats!!

#323 of 351 Old 11-04-2009, 10:16 AM

Pinoikoi oh that is awesome!

AFM just a quickie before I grab a shower and hit the road again...

had a double decker bus (first time on one!) to Chicago, a train (first time on one!) to Kalamazoo, hung out in a gay bar (first time in one) to celebrate their win (anti-discrimination ordinance win, big win for the community!!!) then drove for several hours with DFs mother. We are in a hotel somewhere in Ohio ready to drive another 10 hours or so and get a hotel room in either Wilmington near the beach or Atlantic City on the beach. Votes?

#324 of 351 Old 11-04-2009, 12:17 PM

Pinokoi! That is absolutely awesome! I rejoice at heartbeat news.

AFM - I have developed an intolerance for the "we've been trying for 3 whole months, WHY is it not my turn, I've been TTC for so long" line. Three whole... months. 90 days?

I've waited longer for a garden to grow. ::sigh::: Three years now, thankyouverymuch. I really should take some tylenol for this headache.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

#325 of 351 Old 11-04-2009, 12:38 PM

Pinokoi

SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! What a relief!!! Next on our agenda...are we celebrating with Pinks and Yellows or Blues and Greens?

#326 of 351 Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM

deleted

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#327 of 351 Old 11-04-2009, 04:06 PM
LZP

HulaJenn- thanks for stopping by to our little thread here. First, I find that you have a lot to offer here at MDC, and have even given me some good advice, and I really appreciate that! While some of our comments might not be PC, for those of us who have been waiting SO long (read: a time longer than 6 months and most of us longer than a year) this thread is a safe place to vent those feelings, and support each other.
Quote:
everyone is entitled to vent their frustrations no matter how long the road has been.
That's right, we're entitled to vent our frustrations.. And we do. RE: comments regarding 3 months- we have each tried for 3 months, at least 3 times over. Some of us have been waiting that long to even be ABLE to TTC. Our journey is LONG, our journey is different. And we acknowledge that some women are blessed with quick, uneventful conception and pregnancy. that doesnt mean that we have to be overjoyed every time we hear of such an experience. Our own journeys have been pointed with tests, pokes, prods, loss, grief, and intense confusion- something that a person who hasnt experienced it just can't understand, nor can they judge.

Please read the first post in the thread- the "disclaimer" if you will:
Most of us are former TTC 6+ Month ladies. And at this point, many of us are at or past 12 months, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well... we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care . And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw . This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many... but we just can't get "it" right. So this is where we can "be together", share and express anything.

We request that if people would like to post in this thread, they understand the spirit of it, and understand the purpose here: to offer support, encouragement, and a safe, NON JUDGING place. And those who can't offer supportive, constructive comments, then well... they dont have to offer up anything at all. The title says it all, and those who arent really "getting" our general mood around here are free to avoid the thread, without comment.

#328 of 351 Old 11-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Sing it sister!

You know now I have the issue of trying to decide whether I should wait a few months or not. Last mc I waited a cycle or two to TTC again and then it ended up taking forever! It still ended in another mc. I may as well have tried right away. I am actually thinking about TTC as soon as I O again. I had thought I would wait 3 months and pump myself with vitamins. (If you saw my counter you would freak!)

Oh I dunno now...Maybe we should just BD at O time and let it figure itself out. I wish there were a way to know if any more mc were in my future. That way I could just give up and go hide in a corner

#329 of 351 Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
HulaJenn- thanks for stopping by to our little thread here. First, I find that you have a lot to offer here at MDC, and have even given me some good advice, and I really appreciate that! While some of our comments might not be PC, for those of us who have been waiting SO long (read: a time longer than 6 months and most of us longer than a year) this thread is a safe place to vent those feelings, and support each other. That's right, we're entitled to vent our frustrations.. And we do. RE: comments regarding 3 months- we have each tried for 3 months, at least 3 times over. Some of us have been waiting that long to even be ABLE to TTC. Our journey is LONG, our journey is different. And we acknowledge that some women are blessed with quick, uneventful conception and pregnancy. that doesnt mean that we have to be overjoyed every time we hear of such an experience. Our own journeys have been pointed with tests, pokes, prods, loss, grief, and intense confusion- something that a person who hasnt experienced it just can't understand, nor can they judge.

Please read the first post in the thread- the "disclaimer" if you will:
Most of us are former TTC 6+ Month ladies. And at this point, many of us are at or past 12 months, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well... we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care . And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw . This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many... but we just can't get "it" right. So this is where we can "be together", share and express anything.

We request that if people would like to post in this thread, they understand the spirit of it, and understand the purpose here: to offer support, encouragement, and a safe, NON JUDGING place. And those who can't offer supportive, constructive comments, then well... they dont have to offer up anything at all. The title says it all, and those who arent really "getting" our general mood around here are free to avoid the thread, without comment.
Sorry you are right Lyndzies. I wouldn't normally frequent this thread, but Mae directed those that wanted to hear about her travels over to this thread. Hence my thread crashing.
My apologies for what seems inappropriate in this thread. I was not trying to be hurtful.
Like I said I was defensive because of my own situation and took the comment as a personal "attack" of sorts on my own situation which is quite unreasonable on my part.
ETA: I will remove my post

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#330 of 351 Old 11-04-2009, 07:47 PM

When I miscarried in April, I gave myself the salve that, as long as I was pregnant by my due date, December 5, I'd be okay. That's also my 12 month ttc date, ish. December feels so fast approaching. I feel bitter now some days, that's new for me. Previously, I could really be joyful when holding newborn babies and be there for my clients experiencing unplanned pregnancies. Mostly that's still true, but I'm feeling the edges of dark and bitter sink in. I guess I should join the bitter ladies now.
Part of it is inability to plan things. I can't plan a reasonable maternity leave when I'm not pregnant. Will I ever be pregnant again? I just turned down a huge job offer because it's not compatible with my childrearing goals and ideals. But, should I be grateful for the opportunity to make ivf money? Arggh. My ability to pretend to be zen about the whole thing is rapidly falling apart.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page