* Bitter Sushi Ladies ~ October * - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
YYYM - men are confusing, aren't they?

and enigo & Pinoikoi!!

That's a most interesting chart, Beloved!

Maeryn - that does indeed sound heartbreaking. He's coming back in November, yes?

AFM - I'm far too busy fretting and running around over this trip to think much about TTC. I'm hoping AF either shows up early or just a few days late though, as I would MUCH rather not start while I'm in the middle of a 27 hour plane ride, though, just because it would amuse the fates, I'm packing my carryon like I will. Oooh, must pack extra advil! Only five more days!!! Funny, I could be counting down til when I can test, too. I've decided I'm going to take just the one digital test, and I won't test until the 24th. *gulp*

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKiya View Post
Maeryn - that does indeed sound heartbreaking. He's coming back in November, yes?
yes it seems like forever right now im trying to keep busy this month to have it fly by... got tiger cub/boy scout stuff like twice a week this month so that helps some... halloween is coming up and one of these week days we want to go to the pumpkin patch so that should help some... but as soon as november 1st hits (and by then i should have his coming-home date) i will be a nervous wreck... I hate the flight there/back its hours and hours of not knowing if he is okay (I am VERY nervous about people i care about taking trips... plane car boat, whatever) plus i will either be driving with his parents to NC or flying down with them...

*sigh*

I just want him in my arms again. Its only been 5 months and thats not the longest i have gone without him, by far, but any length is too long. our wedding cannot come soon enough I want to be down and living with him ASAP

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#63 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
11dpo

Kiya, wow, have a fantastic trip!!!

Court, check in please honey. I hope you're ok, I know your af time has passed.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#64 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
11dpo

Kiya, wow, have a fantastic trip!!!

Court, check in please honey. I hope you're ok, I know your af time has passed.
Hey Tear, glad you're staying calm Well, I'm still waiting for AF to start, it'll probably start as soon as I post this. I'm 16dpo today, and I had some spotting yesterday, so it's just one of those long cycles I guess.

ugh, this weekend, one of my husband's friends called him to let him know he and his wife were expecting. I could hear dh, "oh, uh, wow. well. congratulations." Meanwhile I burst into tears like the raving lunatic that I've been reduced to. I have to laugh at myself. This is all so crazy. I've officially lost my mind. I'm pretty much ready to rob a bank so I can do IVF. (jk ofcourse)

Anyways, thanks for thinking of me

Hope you're doing okay, hugs to you too!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#65 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 06:16 PM

Tear stay zen

Court, don't you hate that?

Whatever will be, already is...

#66 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 06:23 PM

I forgot to add, I have been watching what I eat, and focusing on losing some weight this last week (since last Monday) and I have lost 5 lbs!!!

That is a big deal, 15 more to go. This seems doable. If I am pregnant I will still eat sensibly and I intend not to let myself go (to the best )

I also am dancing with my sword at the end of this month, and today my back feels a bit better, though I don't want to pull it again. I am tentatively practicing I hope I rock the house (it's been a year since my last performance)

#67 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM

And here she is....

Yay Beloved on the weightloss! I've been in that mindframe as well. I'd love to see a youtube video of you dancin!
And p.s. I love how you "accidentally on purpose" did some bd'ing while you were ovulating.

#68 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I forgot to add, I have been watching what I eat, and focusing on losing some weight this last week (since last Monday) and I have lost 5 lbs!!!
just be sure to not constantly lose that much! it is not good for your body to consistantly lose more than 2 pounds a week (a one-time thing is fine but too much is VERY bad)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#69 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
And here she is....

Yay Beloved on the weightloss! I've been in that mindframe as well. I'd love to see a youtube video of you dancin!
And p.s. I love how you "accidentally on purpose" did some bd'ing while you were ovulating.

Maybe I will post a link to youTube, I will think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
just be sure to not constantly lose that much! it is not good for your body to consistantly lose more than 2 pounds a week (a one-time thing is fine but too much is VERY bad)
I lost that much due to water weight. When I did Weight Watchers, the loss was greater in the first week and for me I averaged about a pound or a pound and a hslf a week. I kept it off for years (until DH came on the scene)

#70 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

Maybe I will post a link to youTube, I will think about it

I lost that much due to water weight. When I did Weight Watchers, the loss was greater in the first week and for me I averaged about a pound or a pound and a hslf a week. I kept it off for years (until DH came on the scene)
good! I figured you knew better but wanted to make sure, if you were aiming for a 5 lb per week loss you could really mess up your body including fertility... but a 1-2 pound per week loss is awesome!

#71 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 07:28 PM

#72 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 PM

So envious of your body! Seriously... if I ever wore anything that bared my midsection I would look like the victim of an unfortunate shark attack... lol

#73 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Well, I got my bloodwork back today.

171 and progesterone's 22.

Mostly I was worried about the progesterone because with my last loss I had to take the supplements.. and still m/c anyway.. My PA seemed happy with my numbers.. it was 10dpo (if that makes a difference)..

i just don't know how to judge these things but I figure I should learn since I have had 3 losses already at this point.
#74 of 351 Old 10-12-2009, 10:11 PM

Pinoikoi,
My progesterone was 9.5 at 7 wks. Way low
Actually from all I've read, (and lemme just say I've read EVERYTHING on low progesterone the past few weeks) 22 is perfect

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#75 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 12:08 AM

Pinoikoi and enigo, I am sending such strong vibes to both of you H&H 9 months!!

#76 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
And here she is....

enigo, I'm thinking of you today! Keep us updated on your ultrasound!!

12dpo, monster temp drop. Great...a day earlier than usual...with progesterone. Where's my middle finger smiley?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#77 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 AM

Thanks you guys. You don't know how much that means to me. I have one hour and ten minutes until I go in

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#78 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 11:19 AM

I got my pregnancy test results - negative. PFFT. I'm getting an ultrasound of my ovaries and bloodwork today. I'll keep ya posted.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

#79 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 12:27 PM

No heartbeat, no baby, we lost him. Thanks everyone for your support

#80 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
No heartbeat, no baby, we lost him. Thanks everyone for your support
I'm so sorry

#81 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 01:03 PM

Oh, Enigo.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#82 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 02:01 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Enigo.

#83 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Enigo, I'm so sorry for your loss... My thoughts and prayers are with you

Hi ladies. I've been lurking for a while now, trying to decide whether I belong here or not. I have never had a miscarriage or a loss. The closest I've gotten to that kind of emotional trauma is my best friend losing her twins at 25 months, and helping her bury them after two years on the TTC rollercoaster. In comparison my own story is a lot less heart-rending. I've just been riding the TTC rollercoaster for a very long while. I was in denial for a while, telling myself we've only been actively trying since February, but I'm finally admitting that I should've gotten pregnant last year or the year before when we weren't preventing. My five year old asks me every day when God is sending his little brother. I finally made an appointment with the RE to see what's going on. (Appointment is Nov 5) Hoping to find some support here. The last straw came last night when (yet another) close friend who's been trying for only 2 months and just got of B/C two months ago told me she was *surprise* pregnant. You all know the feeling: Trying to feel happy while you're dying inside, and then the guilt you feel over feeling sad about someone else's little miracle...etc...etc... After a good cry and a pity party, I just felt I needed the support of someone who understands. Thanks girls.

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#84 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
Hi ladies. I've been lurking for a while now, trying to decide whether I belong here or not. I have never had a miscarriage or a loss. I've just been riding the TTC rollercoaster for a very long while. I was in denial for a while, telling myself we've only been actively trying since February, but I'm finally admitting that I should've gotten pregnant last year or the year before when we weren't preventing. My five year old asks me every day when God is sending his little brother. I finally made an appointment with the RE to see what's going on. (Appointment is Nov 5) Hoping to find some support here. The last straw came last night when (yet another) close friend who's been trying for only 2 months and just got of B/C two months ago told me she was *surprise* pregnant. You all know the feeling: Trying to feel happy while you're dying inside, and then the guilt you feel over feeling sad about someone else's little miracle...etc...etc... After a good cry and a pity party, I just felt I needed the support of someone who understands. Thanks girls.
We havent all had losses, though many of us have... this is formerly the TTC 6+ months thread but we felt that since many of us have reached 12+ month mark and didnt want to leave we would just change the name lol.

You are certainly more than qualified to be hanging around here!

Good luck with your RE appointment, hopefully all that is needed done is an HSG to clean out your pipes! LOL I hear a LOT of good comes from them!

#85 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
LZP

Enigo, I am so so sorry. sending love and caring thoughts to you and your family.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#86 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 03:32 PM

Oh if I was bitter before, you should see me now!!

I'll be OK eventually. They took 11 vials of blood! Lemme just say I hate having blood drawn, but I also want to find out what's going on. Just wait until I get pregnant again. I was a basket case this time around, imagine the next? Ho..man, now I have to wait for something to happen.
I was going to quit if I found out I had lost the baby....but now I'm pissed. This means war!

#87 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
LZP

Nanette- I have been not so secretly stalking your charts every cycle for months now, and aching for you. I'm glad you decided to come here, it's a supportive place. Seeing the daily announcements in some of the other threads is too much for me now, I just have a few stalkees that I check on a few times a week in there.

Court- to you and your DH. as selfish as it seems, I remind myself that our child(ren) will be that much more loved and appreciated, bc we've waited so long to hold them. Not that other parents dont love their children... but well, you know.

Tear- to you too... we needs lots of these this week, it seems. I know you like taking your temp, but have you considered maybe just temping a few days after O to confirm it, and then just leaving the thermo in a drawer until like 16 DPO? its just a suggestion, and maybe it will help you stress less? you can take it or leave it, i just hate to see you so upset. I want you to be happy again about makin' a little bean.

YYYM- your DH confuses me too! Maybe he means, if it happens, it will be wonderful, but he doesnt want to PLAN to make his life any more chaotic, esp since you've expressed that he doesnt thrive in chaos like some of us do! I hope you have a reaction too, but that it's not too painful!! try using them before you're fertile time, just in case! so then, you can not use them (darn) when you are fertile!

Lis- hello? How are you?

KellyTTC- cant wait till you post those pics- seeing the drywall makes it so real- when you can see the rooms that will hold your family and your memories. YAY!!

kel32brown- hi! hope your tests go well.

Beloved- wow- the dance was awesome- and you were great! thanks for posting that.
and--- hottie! seriously- i hope that you are not trying to lose 15 lbs from THAT.

Carlyle- how you doin? seems like your FP is keeping you quiet too, hun.

Kiya- I can't believe the trip is in only 3 days now!!! that is awesome. please let us know when you start that flickr thing so we can follow along. great plan with the digi test- those things make me NOT want to POAS! at least, if you're vacationing, any news will be easier to digest- it's all better on vacation. have a great time.

jessica - you out there?

ETA: Mae- I'm sorry that weekend visit to DHs parents' house was so tough. It sounds like you have a lot of good plans to keep yourself busy at least through October! once you have a definite date, we can all brainstorm ideas for what you can do to pass each day of November before he comes home..!

AFM, I dont know what is going on. Dh and I were doing great, and now that i think i am f-i-n-a-l-l-y Oing today (yup, false alarm 3 times now) he is in Dallas from this morning until Thursday. and we got in a fight last night. Because he says he wants to be "involved" in the process of TTC even while we're NT/NA, he wanted to know what was going on with the cycle, and he claims to have done reading/research etc... but apparently involvement = having sex with me. nothing more. i TOLD him yesterday morning that i though O was immiment- and he FORGOT by last night.... and i wasnt going to be all pushy, bc i keep track of everything else involving TTC... so he could have that TINY bit of responsibility to at least initiate - and what does he do?! nothing. when i finally reminded him, i was so mad at him for forgetting that i wasnt in the mood anymore. and I already regret it. i shoudl have just sucked it up and laid there. so now, we have YET ANOTHER useless fruitless cycle. and i am having GUSHES of EWCM, of course, to remind me.... i am so starting to be over this entirely.

in other news... we have been car shopping, one of the things that reminds me every day that I have no need for a larger, safer car. that i dont need the LATCH system, that i dont need to care about side curtain airbags in the back, or multi-stage, weight sensitive airbags in the front. Or leather seats that wipe clean, plastic seatbacks that keep off little footprints.... I need none of it. I may as well get a Vespa with a basket in front so i can carry my booze home from the store. bc of course i will be able to drink forever too... (see, there is an upside.)

OK... and THIS is why i shoudl just lurk.....

There are some good things- car shopping is exhausting, but it's fun to drive all the different ones. I ordered some things online to start some christmas gifts, and bought fabric to start those projects. i ordered some herbs and teas that i've been wanting for years and finally splurged on! I'm making my own red wine vinegar. I have a roof over my head, a husband who loves me despite how bad he is at showing it at times, food on my table and in my stomach, and a job. So, things are really pretty good. I just make it out that way to be all dramatic.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#88 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 03:56 PM

LZP,

is there the chance you may have some swimmers in there from an earlier BD? If not, I am sorry you missed your chance Though it sounds like the break is doing you good. I am glad you are still hanging out

Yay for a new car

and to answer your question, I gained almost 20 lbs after those pics were taken, so I want to be back there (and I will do it, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels) I have to keep reminding myself that.

afm, I just made an appt with a nutritionist to help me regulate my diet. I stopped eating all meat and have eliminated most animal products, and have been tracking my nutritional intake, I have been getting low protein and iron (and I tend towards anemia) I have added things like lentils, pumpkin seeds, stuff high in protein, but am needing I guess motivation and a plan. I think my insurance covers it (but not my D&C )

If I am going to be pregnant, I want to get the best nutrition, and don't want to gain all of this weight. I feel miserable when I am heavier, my ankles and knees hurt, and my clothes are tight which puts me in a foul mood.

I am pretty excited about it (I just got off the phone with the nutritionist.)

Anyway, I am moving from zen, to to and obsessed. WTH is wrong with me???!!!??? I am 7dpo and want to test tomorrow even though I know that is dumb :-/

#89 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
LZP

beloved- the last time we DTD was Friday night... and while I did go right to sleep after, I dont have high hopes that they'll live that long... barring some kind of a miracle, which FOR THE RECORD, UNIVERSE, I DO BELIEVE IN!! <shouts upward>

OK, I'm glad you're not all distorted body-image type. getting back to where you were in the vid is a good, and attainable goal. I want to remind myself of what you just said earlier- nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. bc seriously, i think i eat sometimes like i'm never going to eat again! its bad. that will be one of my new mantras.

you're right, a nutritionist will be able to help you come up with ideas to add protein and iron to your diet. do you like Quinoa? it has lots of protein (for a grain at least) and is filling, a bit nutty tasting, and satisfying! i'm sure you know about this ancient wonder-grain. yum.

i'm glad to see you're not beating yourself up over the weight gain- you've been through quite a bit, and it's OK that one part of your life slipped a little while the rest was less than stellar. the 1-2 lbs per week loss would be great!

OK, off to eat my boring, un-filling lunch now!

i need to do some more make-aheads for the rest of the week.

to all

#90 of 351 Old 10-13-2009, 06:18 PM

Nice. I have a 48 mm cyst on my ovary so I'm on a rest cycle. It wasn't even induced by meds, since I had the missed miscarriage in July, then waited out August, then September.. now October. I'm not getting any younger, that's for sure.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page