* Bitter Sushi Ladies ~ October * - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 351 Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning ladies. I am embarrassed that I whined I am still sore, and think made the right decision not to dance. It is so stressful to perform, now I can rest and enjoy having my step- GD.

Love to you all, and I GL to everyone in the 2WW

Whatever will be, already is...

#242 of 351 Old 10-24-2009, 06:33 PM

enigo, I'm so, so sorry for your loss, and for the bad behavior you've been receiving from your care providers and your mother. I didn't see your post in the May forum or I would have offered my condolences sooner. I had really hoped that we'd both be moving along through this process together. It sounds like you're emotionally healing and taking good care of yourself--I'm proud of you (I know how hard it can be).

lisko, congratulations and good luck. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#243 of 351 Old 10-24-2009, 07:05 PM

Thanks Starkyld,
Here's wishing you a Happy and Healthy 9 months!

I'm fine most days, but it seems the last couple days I almost break down and cry from out of nowhere. Of course I'm always in a public place when this happens. SO I have to get it together. I'm not going to be some crazy lady crying at the gym like a freak.
I'm trying to keep hope alive and give it one more try! I have an appt with an OB on Monday to do some bloodwork. She said 2 mc in a row mean nothing (You know...to HER ) as far as having a successful preg, so I'll give it another shot.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#244 of 351 Old 10-24-2009, 08:43 PM

Hmm it seems my hopes are dashed this cycle. I was actually convincing myself that I felt pregnant today. I would have totally POAS if I wasn't 9DPO. But of course, I have that little tinge of red to my CM which tells me spotting is coming which of course means AF. Le sigh.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#245 of 351 Old 10-25-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post
Hmm it seems my hopes are dashed this cycle. I was actually convincing myself that I felt pregnant today. I would have totally POAS if I wasn't 9DPO. But of course, I have that little tinge of red to my CM which tells me spotting is coming which of course means AF. Le sigh.
Do you usually spot at 9dpo? I'm sorry sweetie, this is all so hard, BUT it isn't over until she shows (I know the feeling you're having though)

#246 of 351 Old 10-25-2009, 09:37 AM

I gat 9 1/2 hours of sleep last night. The granddaughter was ovewr and DH slept downstairs with her because she was scared It is fun having a 4yo around. She is so funny, and bossy and full of energy

My af was reeeaaallly light this month, that is great, I bled like a normal person, not so heavy like I usually do. She is still here, but only intermittent spotting. I wonder what this month will hold. I had BFP dreams last night. I also had anxiety dreams about dancing at the hafla and not being prepared

So, who is left in the 2ww this month? I need to know who to stalk.

#247 of 351 Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
So, who is left in the 2ww this month? I need to know who to stalk.
I have been lacking in the taking-reliable-temps department this month... half of them I just guessed on and todays looks like I already Oed but i need to put in yet that today and yesterdays were not taken until after noon (lol no kids, so great to stay up til 2am and sleep in)

With DF finding out the exact day he gets home within the next couple of days I am getting quite nervous. I am TRYING to stay calm to not mess up my cycles... because I only have about 2 days between likely-O-date and likely-him-coming-home date so pushing back O at all means me obsessing until AF shows again.

Last night, though, I bought a WHOLE brand new outfit to welcome him home in... including black and pink lacey bra and panties ^_^ and some super sexy heels.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#248 of 351 Old 10-25-2009, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm sorry honey. I hope you're wrong. Maybe it means something else. But I won't get your hopes up: I know how much that hurts. I'll just let you know I'm sending you and

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#249 of 351 Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 AM

I like this one better for AF lol

Well beloved and Tear thank you for the well wishes, spotting increased to red today so in goes the Diva cup. Expecting the official start tomorrow or the next day.

Spotting on 9DPO is pretty common for me - I only usually have a 11 or 12 day LP so that's 2-3 days of spotting. Then tack on a FULL WEEK of AF and well, that's why I got a Diva cup.

I'm definitely doing my workup this month, DH said that he would schedule his SA when I did my stuff. So maybe we can knock all the basic stuff out here soon.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#250 of 351 Old 10-26-2009, 02:34 PM

FF thinks I already Oed... lol wtf.

Darn me. I need to temp at 7am and THEN go back to sleep and not temp at 11am/noon.

I guess this month Im going to have to go on CM only.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#251 of 351 Old 10-26-2009, 03:10 PM

Well I finally have something nice to say about a doctor.
I had an appt today really to see if they could tell if anything was progressing.
Not only did the people in the office have a personality,(I am never serious and it drives me nuts when I have to be), but the doctor was very patient and actually didn't have one foot out the door the whole time she was talking to me. She didn't tell me anything new, but at least she seemed very positive that I should try again (Sure, it's not her body!) She took at least a half hour with me and answered every question I could think of.
Annnyway, nothing else new, but at least I left without wanting to punch a wall. Except of course for the 11 miserable pregnant ladies waiting in the waiting room.

Also it occured to me today that I need to go another route. I used to work with a guy who is now a acupuncturist and chinese herbalist that I completely trust. I'm going to go to him when this mc situation has resolved itself.

Also if anyone hasn't read the Infertility Cure, you should order it. I just got it today and I felt like a light had been turned on in just the first chapter. That's as far as I got so far

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#252 of 351 Old 10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
LZP

Oh enigo! i am SO glad that you had a better experience this time, and that you didnt write off the whole medical community. You;d think that with so maby OBs around in your area, they'd all be working HARD to impress potential patients (i.e. clients) so they could keep them... at least this woman was better to you.

I know what you mean about how being serious is a chore sometimes- I'm the same way. joking mostly all the time, unless I'm the crazy crying woman in the grocery store checkout line. its awesome.

It sounds like you're feeling more positive, and that the time the doc spent with you helped to put you more at ease. hopefully as time passes, you and DH can decide if you'll continue to TTC despite the fear/bitterness/raw-ness.

oh- and I wonder if you dont want to talk to your naturalist friend now? He/she might be able to offer some advice, or even an acu treatment that could move things along for you, if you're comfortable with it. then you might not have to wait another 12 agonizing weeks.

Beloved- probably good that you cancelled your dance, at least to let yourself heal some more, and get to spend time with Dh and GD! how cute little 4 yos can be!

Jessica- sorry you're feeling out- i didnt stalk your chart to see what if anything happened since your last post. perhaps your BW will show something regarding the somewhat early spotting?

Tear- hope that weeeknd was as relaxing as you thought! good job "planning" ahead! I bet the observation time is a little nerve wracking. My aunt teaches 1st grade (has been for like 20 years) and LOVES being observed... weird.

AFM, walked around NYC for 6 rain-drenched hours on Saturday. other than being soaked, it was really fun! went to the completely non-PC, non eco friendly canal street and purchased a few items... not at all MDC-esque, but so so fun. went to a really nice dinner, and then (finally!) went back to stay at friends' house. today, still no clue where i am in my cycle(DPO related), but I'm on CD 37 I think? i have been putting in symptoms but usually a day after the fact.
still trying not to get my hopes up, but the tender bbs are making me so confused/partially hopeful. there, I said it. hopeful. again. why does the human brain do this to us? can't I just learn?! but the sore bbs- i just dont know- that is a new thing as of 2 cycles ago.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#253 of 351 Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 PM

Just got my first sign of impending ovulation (despite that FF insists I am 3dpo)

ewcm that stretched about 6 inches or so. Not marking it down though as it was post-bm and I have made a vow due to my cm patterns not to mark post-bm cm and ONLY the stuff I get without a bm.

#254 of 351 Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Not marking it down though as it was post-bm and I have made a vow due to my cm patterns not to mark post-bm cm and ONLY the stuff I get without a bm.

yeah but all my best CM was post BM. OMG this is a horrible visual but true...

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#255 of 351 Old 10-27-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
lol... my longest stretching cm is post bm too... but it can actually come at any time of my cycle as long as it is post bm so I dont count it. Just... for me I know it is inaccurate.

#256 of 351 Old 10-27-2009, 01:17 PM

DF just called... his coming-home-date is set in stone now. Granted the TIME can change, but that day is when he will be here.

He will be able to get his phone turned back on the day before so as soon as he is on U.S. soil he can call me... before returning his gun, etc. and being driven to the base.

I am so nervous and excited. I still do not know how/when I am getting down there. If his parents drive, I will be riding with them... if they fly I will be flying too...

I havent Oed yet, (despite what FF says, I KNOW that was not an O shift) and with my nerves going I am scared I wont O until he is home (do not want.)

My son is home sick from school (sore throat and cough, no fever) and I have a sore throat starting up now too. So add sick onto nerves/excitement.

#257 of 351 Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hi to my fellow Sushi Ladies...

Jessica - Sorry AF showed... I hope that beginning your workup is helpful! It does feel good to do something proactive, at least it did for me.

LZP - Can I be hopeful for you?

enigo - I'm glad the doctor listened and you felt like you had a good quality appointment.

Tear - I hope your reunion with DH is "productive".

Mae - Glad to hear DF has a definite date to arrive home!

Hi to everybody else...

AFM - Still nervous... still just counting down the days and weeks until I get somewhere "safer" in the 1st trimester. I had a whole lot of cramping yesterday afternoon/evening and it really freaked me out. I just want to relax, that's all.

I'm ready to give over the thread though... anyone up for it? Feel free to switch it up come November, it wouldn't be quite right for me to be threadmistress anymore.

I'm always lurking... and waiting/hoping for my fellow BSL ladies to follow me over...

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#258 of 351 Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM

Ovulation pain there. No doubt. Exciting! Maybe O will be here in 2 days like normal!

#259 of 351 Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 PM

Did I mention even the doctor was pregnant at that office?
I also love the "Walk of shame" when I have to walk past all the pregnant mamas in the waiting room. I've had to do it enough lately. You know they are all like..."What is that skinny chick doing at a pregnant lady's doctor?"

#260 of 351 Old 10-27-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
I also love the "Walk of shame" when I have to walk past all the pregnant mamas in the waiting room. I've had to do it enough lately. You know they are all like..."What is that skinny chick doing at a pregnant lady's doctor?"
They were there in their first trimester. They dont think that. THey just assume its your first visit.

#261 of 351 Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM

They weren't in their first trimester, most of them were hugely pregnant. Yeah I suppose they could think I was in mine. I do still have a 12 wk belly.

#262 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
I relate, I felt that way after my ultrasound where i found out It felt like the longest walk ever, trying not to cry I'm so sorry

#263 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 07:39 AM

I am so sad about this, and this is for real this time, but I need to drop out of the Bitter Sushi Ladies I will miss you guys so much, and I really want to stalk you all to your BFPs, but we have made a definite decision to not TTC anymore. I need to focus on something else. Last cycle was terrible, I was so disappointed when af came, I can't take that kind of thing anymore, I just need to put my focus elsewhere.

I will probably lurk for a while, I am rooting for you all, but I want to work my way to lurking only occasionally. I come here several times a day, and while I am here I really want to TTC. Things have changed for me though

just a quick update about me, my back is healing, but still painful to do certain dance moves, I am hoping for it to get better. Things with DH are going great, I am so in love and so far, my kids are healthy (though H1N1 is all around us) I have so much to be thankful for and i need to put my focus there.

Well, off to take myself off of the ONE thread

(but I am sure I will lurk for a few days)

#264 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 09:08 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't go, I'll miss you!

#265 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 AM

beloved!!! stay and lurk!

hi everyone else. i'm typing with my phone keyboard (which i spilled ice cream into) so i'm at like one word a minute... next time i will lavish more attention on personals.

so to be totally selfish (again) anyone wanna look at my chart? FF /home/muffin. i fail at temping this month. my post-o temps were rocky due to erratic wakeup, varied room temps, & mouth breathing, and then i left my therm 250 miles away and just got it back. do you think my o date could be wrong? it looks off - ugly chart! - but i hope it isn't or i have no chance this month. any thoughts? or just not enough data to know? i feel out this month anyway, but if i'm really 9 dpo i at least have a shot. blah.

omg that took forever to type!!!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#266 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't go, I'll miss you!
I will have a hard time staying away I will probably pop into only this thread to lurk (knowing myself) I just really want all of the BSLs to graduate

#267 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM

Its been two years since our first oh-no-what-did-we-do

Almost two years since we decided screw it, we hate the stress, let fate have its way.

Currently I hate fate. Sending him home at just the wrong time almost every time. And when not... we just didn't get lucky.

I do not even have the luxury until July 2010 of being able to know if we just aren't getting lucky or if something is really wrong because we haven't been able to try a single cycle in-a-row.

#268 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I relate, I felt that way after my ultrasound where i found out It felt like the longest walk ever, trying not to cry I'm so sorry
This last time, I did not make it. I burst into full on hysterical crying right in the middle of a waiting room full of pregnant moms and just kind of ran to the door to get out. That's about as close to a panic attack as I've had. I can't even type about it without crying geez.

Anyways, so yeah, I FEEL you. God that sucks.

My body also sucks. I do not know what it's doing. 5 days of spotting now. No AF yet. I've not taken my temp since I started spotting so I don't have that to clarify or confuse me further. I'm on 13DPO and on CD28. That's a little long for me but I've done it before. It's like my body KNOWS that it would be a PITA for me to have my CD3 blood work on the weekend and it's just holding out.

Sorry I know everyone is out there, wish I had time to do personals rather than just bathering about myself!

#269 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jessica, I'm so sorry honey. It's hard when our body leaves us in limbo suspense mode. I hope you get clarity soon. I hope it's a monster surprise BFP. : and

Beloved, I totally totally understand. I've been doing the same thing, of sorts. You need to take care of yourself!!! I will totally miss you, lady. I'm happy you're finding positive things in your life. I'm sending you to you and your DH and your family.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#270 of 351 Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 PM

kel, any update on the cyst? i hope that has cleared up by now... sorry if i missed your update; i couldn't remember if you'd posted about it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
YYYM *SQUEE!* Yay for no condoms! And this cycle- There does seem to be an epidemic of pregnant friends, not to mention endless baby showers, where you're forced to go into the damn baby aisles every single freakin' weekend to pick out booties, and receiving blankets...etc. *Deep breath* And I'm glad you stick around here- it cheers me up
thank you!!!! that made me feel really good to hear that... i feel like this psycho blabby chick who is just tagging along on this thread with the cool kids and i'm SO glad your mom was so supportive and awesome when you talked to her. must have been a huge load off your shoulders! the people we love double our joys and halve our sorrows - cheesy but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
YYYM- I am so glad that you come back here! and YAY for no condoms anymore! that is awesome. I know that DH wants to try ONE MORE kind, but i say just avoid them all.... however, we used to use this kind that was made in Japan- and it was the least irritating, and the thinnest thing I've ever experienced. I can give yu more info in PM if you want... but i think you should just avoid them all together!

(What do you do with condoms that you will never use? Can I donate to PParenthood or something? I hate to put in a landfill!)
we still haven't tried this last kind. maybe tonight? not sure. i don't know what to do with all these condoms we won't use, but a younger (like 19 or 20 yrs old) friend of mine mentioned that she wishes she didn't have to buy condoms because it's so embarrassing (i've never had that problem of being embarrassed buying ANYTHING - surprised?) - so i want to pass mine off to her. i dunno if PP would take a donation; what if i was a crazy anti-BC activist and poked holes in them? or added anthrax to them or something?

Quote:
It's almost slimy too, so the taste sticks to your throat and teeth. You know...just like wet moose poop
:Puke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post
I know, I'm trying to convince myself not to get excited 'cause it's likely just swine flu or something. But it would make sense to be pregs this month 'cause I opened a bottle of white wine at the beginning of the week (which Chris doesn't drink), so I've had to drink a lot...and of course have thrown all caution to the winds with regards to drinking and pregnancy. At least it's gone now...
any update? if your wine method worked, i may use that next month. if it's good for you and lauren, it can't hurt me, right?

Quote:
Also it occured to me today that I need to go another route. I used to work with a guy who is now a acupuncturist and chinese herbalist that I completely trust. I'm going to go to him when this mc situation has resolved itself.

Also if anyone hasn't read the Infertility Cure, you should order it. I just got it today and I felt like a light had been turned on in just the first chapter. That's as far as I got so far
i am hearing about this book from SO many people lately! i hear it's amazing. also, that's so great that you know an AP/herbalist - i think that's definitely a great person to have helping you out. AP is good for so many things aside from fertility and may help with a lot of the stress, pain, and all the emotions involved with everything you have been through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
today, still no clue where i am in my cycle(DPO related), but I'm on CD 37 I think? i have been putting in symptoms but usually a day after the fact.
still trying not to get my hopes up, but the tender bbs are making me so confused/partially hopeful. there, I said it. hopeful. again. why does the human brain do this to us? can't I just learn?! but the sore bbs- i just dont know- that is a new thing as of 2 cycles ago.
any update? i know it hurts and sucks to be hopeful cycle after cycle and see that hope get dashed, but at the same time, hope is what keeps us going. so don't lose that now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
hahahahaha ewwwww. mine too, though!

Quote:
DF just called... his coming-home-date is set in stone now. Granted the TIME can change, but that day is when he will be here.

He will be able to get his phone turned back on the day before so as soon as he is on U.S. soil he can call me... before returning his gun, etc. and being driven to the base.

I am so nervous and excited. I still do not know how/when I am getting down there. If his parents drive, I will be riding with them... if they fly I will be flying too...
you must be SO excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
I'm ready to give over the thread though... anyone up for it? Feel free to switch it up come November, it wouldn't be quite right for me to be threadmistress anymore.
not me, i'm too on and off with MDC to do it, but just wanted to quote it to bump it up, since november is coming up soon!

Quote:
just a quick update about me, my back is healing, but still painful to do certain dance moves, I am hoping for it to get better. Things with DH are going great, I am so in love and so far, my kids are healthy (though H1N1 is all around us) I have so much to be thankful for and i need to put my focus there
this made me feel happy, to hear about all the wonderful things in your life. and so glad to hear your back is healing - i definitely know how awful back pain is! much love to you, and i am sure you won't be able to stay away completely... no one can! the pull of MDC is too great! we'll love to see you drop in and lurk whenever you can!

Quote:
Its been two years since our first oh-no-what-did-we-do

Almost two years since we decided screw it, we hate the stress, let fate have its way.

Currently I hate fate. Sending him home at just the wrong time almost every time. And when not... we just didn't get lucky.

I do not even have the luxury until July 2010 of being able to know if we just aren't getting lucky or if something is really wrong because we haven't been able to try a single cycle in-a-row.

Quote:
My body also sucks. I do not know what it's doing. 5 days of spotting now. No AF yet. I've not taken my temp since I started spotting so I don't have that to clarify or confuse me further. I'm on 13DPO and on CD28. That's a little long for me but I've done it before. It's like my body KNOWS that it would be a PITA for me to have my CD3 blood work on the weekend and it's just holding out.

Sorry I know everyone is out there, wish I had time to do personals rather than just bathering about myself!
hey, i do it too (the non-personals blabber), so don't feel bad. i hope things clear up soon. it is SO frustrating to just not know what is going on and feel like your body is just basically being a jerk.

afm, even though everyone on my other thread thinks my chart () is at least mostly accurate, i am not sure if i'm really 9 dpo. if i am, i don't think it happened this cycle. but no time for negativity! the kid FINALLY fell asleep, so i'm gonna go hug DH.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page