* Bitter Sushi Ladies ~ October * - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the October Thread Ladies!!!!

Most of us are former TTC 6+ Month ladies. And at this point, many of us are at or past 12 months, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well... we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care . And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw . This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many... but we just can't get "it" right. So this is where we can "be together", share and express anything.

Some of us have gotten a little quieter lately... there is only so much you can post in the "I want to be PG, but I'm not" category. However we are here in spirit and most likely LURKING!

~Current Bitter Sushi Ladies~

JustKiya - Married to my darling DH for 5.5 years, TTC#1 since March 2007, diagnosed with PCOS in 06/08, on Metformin since, one CP.

KellyTTC#1 - TTC#1 since June 2007. Currently hoping and waiting for IUI#2.

ladyjools - I'm a 25 year old Scottish girl with DH for nearly 6 years and TTC for 5. We lost our baby boy, Samson, at 16 weeks in July and are now TTC again.

Rhiannon - Writer and grad student. Trying for rainbow offspring #1 since 1/08 with DP. Miscarriages in 5/08, 3/09, and 7/09. Recent BFP and very much hoping for a happy and healthy little one in June 2010.

Tear78 - 30 year old elementary school teacher. Married to hubby since 2006, and living in upstate NY. Love camping, fishing, reading, and working in the yard at our beautiful new tiny little home. TTC #1 since May 2008, m/c 12/08 and 2/09. Currently trying to make TTC not so trying.

LZP - Liz, DH "R", the love of my life since 2001, married 2007, TTC since 6/08, m/c 3/09.

enigo - TTC #2 with DS (06/06), mc 2/09 & mc 10/09.

Court - TTC #3 (dh's #1) since 08/08, Madly in love with dh and my boys and raising our family in the Pacific Northwest. Tried 2 iui's, decided to try naturally, against all odds, with male factor for awhile, until moving onto IVF in the distant future.

kparker - Waiting to be Ready. TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, now on a "pause". After job and insurance issues are resolved, hoping to move onto very successful IUI or IVF cycles next year.

jessica_s - Currently TTC #2 since 10/08, m/c 5/09. I've got 23 fertility friend charts, two angels, and one awesome little boy.

Grahnola Mum - Loving our wonderful family of me, DH and DD (12/07). TTC #2 since 11/08 with four losses.

BelovedK - Mama of 2 (14yo DS, 9yo DD). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in Central VA. TTC someone new since November 2008, m/c 7/09. An avid bellydancer, and firedancer, who works part time doing hair.

praying4baby! - Courtney, married to Steven, TTC #1 since 11/08, m/c at 6 weeks 5/20/09.

Nanette56 - Married for 7 years to DH, DS (5) with two dogs, two cats, two horses and a bunch of fish. TTC #2!

MaerynPearl - Mommy to DS 6 and DD 4, m/c 02/02. Currently waiting to TTC our first with DF who is presently serving in Iraq. 10 months down... 1 more to go...

kel32brown - KelliSue, upstate NY mama, warmly married to FarmBoy and raising 5 little ones.

Carlyle - Our resident lurker... Tear's big sister, mama to Nell, and TTC #2 after a loss.

And our "trying to stay away Mama"...

YummyYumYumMama - Muffin, wife to DH since 8/06, mama to DD born 12/07. Beyond ready for a new little one, but on a TTC break due to health issues and a very hesitant DH.

Recent BFPs!
Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick....

jillc512 - TTC #3 since 9/08, due 5/1/10.
Jelinifer - TTC #1 since 12/08, due 5/8/10.
starkyld - TTC #1 since January 2008, due 5/22/10.
Pinoikoi - TTC #5 for 6 months, due 6/21/10.
Lisko15 - TTC #1 (or #3) for 14 months, due 6/26/10.

Our Happy Graduates (from the 6+ Thread)

minsca - Seth ~ born 10/20/09 ~ 6 lbs 10 oz
KaliShanti - after 9 months - due 11/18/09
Lauren 31 - after 15 months - due 02/08/10
Valid28 - after 9 months - due 02/04/10
Mrs_Lurker - after 14 months - due 2/14/10

Check in with us when you can Ladies!

And MrsTC We are thinking of you and hope all is well. PM one of us if you can!

Check out last month's thread here

(Please let me know if your first page blurb needs to be updated in anyway. As well, new ladies are welcome, but please join with care.)

~~

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#2 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

New Thread!

I need to get DD ready for school. I will be back to post and reply... to all!

#3 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 AM

Thank you for the new thread

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Okay... I'm back, though just briefly. There were a few posts on the old thread that I never responded to, or commented on... so here goes!

Quote:
LZP - I am so impressed by your chill attitude. i think it will happen for you, too. and your patience. wow. I am just not like that. i know i say it alot, but you're an inspiration.
I think it is easier for me to just chill at times. DH & I already have a little one each. Granted, it would be wonderful to share it with him and I greatly have a fever to be PG and go through all those baby stages, but I can let it sit in the background some. All you ladies that are TTC#1... I so want you to experience all of it. There is really nothing like mommyhood and I hope you all get there very, very soon. I'd gladly give up my "spot" (if its coming) to ALL of you first.

That said, I do feel like it will happen for DH & I eventually. Maybe I'm wrong, but so many try and try and try and then after years - oops, they're PG!

JustKiya - Has the pain gone away? I don't think I can be much help at diagnosing it. I blamed one painful cycle (although it was pre-AF, not around O time) on an ovarian cyst. Not diagnosed by anyone but me. It could be the extra supplements. Have a wonderful, wonderful trip! Take pictures to share with us.

Tear78 - There are a lot of PG ladies around, aren't there? Thinking of you and I will PM you back soon! (And I hope that egg got caught.... )

Okay... that's it... and really all I have time for, way too much to do today. Our alone time afternoon ended up being Saturday instead of Sunday, but I still think the timing would have been okay. Definitely feel like O is approaching, if it didn't happen yesterday. I slacked off on dipping my OPKs. Did one earlier in the week and it was negative... haven't since... I just can't seem to care that much. Its not like dipping the OPK (if DH & I are BD-ing anyway) is going to help me get PG. <sigh>

#5 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
LZP

Thanks for the new thread, Lis!!

Mae- that's a dream I didnt look up, strangely. and your assessment rings true, actually. I often look up the weird ones, but didnt for this one... AND, it turned out to be an omen. when i got home on Friday, the BRAND NEW washer was leaking. and DH didnt notice it, and the delivery guys didnt, but as soon as i came in, i noticed it. i couldnt even be excited, just totally let down, and yelling, "it was an omen!!" But, after my frantic call to the appliance place, and some brute force from my strong, super hero DH (I must be ovulating soon....) we got it fixed. But seriously- why was I the only one to notice?! JUST as it occurred in my dream!!

Oh- and the kicker- it was leaking BECAUSE IT WASNT LEVEL. weird.

Kiya- i have to wonder about those symps!! It really could be the liquid kelp- and some gas? TMI- i've has some gas pains that i swear are a pulled muscle- pain in the same place for days... turns out to be just gas. the kelp might do that.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip- can you post pics somewhere for us to follow your journey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
So what's the deal, I can't even go to festivals anymore without hiding tears behind my sunglasses? so many babies and pregnant women. : : So much for zen. I must have ovulated - definitely crankypants.
me too, Tear- me too. there was a festival in our town too.. and the preggos and little babies were drawn to this thing like a magnet. I hope those little kiddies in your class drive you just batty enough that it might make you think- well... it's not SO bad...

Jill- I'm so glad to hear you're feeling a little better- I hope you get to hear that little babe's heartbeat at your appt! It should be late enough, but if the MW only uses the doppler, then it might be too early... so dont get discouraged. Thanks to you and our other BSL graduates for coming in and sharing their baby mojo with us!!

Carlyle- dont feel bad. I have done that the last 3 months... I think i had unusually heave AF for a few cycles after the MC, and now it's leveling out again, so it's lighter than ever. and EVERY time it makes me think- "Wow! maybe i'm one of those ladies that thinks she had AF, but really it was just breakthrough bleeding...!!!!" but, alas, not the case.

I hope you're not coming down with something, and it's just your hormones leveling out during/after AF. But I'm so sorry that you experienced the let down again. it stinks.

Beloved- yay for your successful lessons!! that sounds great! maybe we can have an east coast BSL outing to see one of your performances someday. that would be dreamy. and re: your possible O symps- (I feel wrong saying this, bc i know deep in my heart, it's what I want for you, and probably what you want for yourself, in a perfect world...) but I hope that at least this month.. you dont catch that egg. I dont want for you to be under undue stress with your next pgncy. this might not be the bets time.

and no matter if you have a faith that believes in a G-d, or ifyou believe in some universal force, I truely believe you only get what you can handle in life. sort of complements your ultimate zen principle of "whatever will be already is..." i hope you do stay around, if its not too hard for you. i'd miss you.

Lis- how was your weekend?
Kelly- you still out there?

Court- how was your zen weekend? anything new to report for us?

AFM- i must be O'ing soon, bc my DH is more attractive than usual. even in his grubby, shower-boycotting Sunday worst, i was enamoured. and now he's going to Chicago, but only till tomorrow night. so i can jump him on Tuesday. Yup- definitely Oing soon.

and so begins my first cycle of hoping to be detached during the LP... I think it will not be successful, but i have a few things to distract me, so maybe... just maybe i'll be OK. not temping is surprisingly less stressful than i thought it would be. i can just go about my life, since i dont know when O is coming, and after it does, i wont really know for sure how many DPO I am. so that could help me in not testing only to be let down. How I dream of being one of the "I didnt realize that I missed my period until 3 weeks had gone by. So, I'm already 7 weeks!!" women. yeah. my OCD would never let that happen.

what else? well, i detailed most of it in my responses to others. and i love ellipses today... hahaha!

to you all for a great week.

ETA: oh, and i guess i pushed it out of my mind a little this morning- today would have been my due date. do you think it will be easier now? (so i wont be saying, "I should be ___weeks, but I'm not.) thoughts? could this be my true emotional fresh start?

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#6 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Could I join you ladies? I could use a group that has had as hard a time of it as I have to talk to. I've lost three pregnancies, and both my sister and sister-in-law are pregnant. SIL will be having her baby next week, and she was due only two weeks ahead of me for my second baby before I lost it; my due date was my birthday. My sister's shower is coming up next month right after that due date/my birthday, and if the due date of #1 was any indication, it's going to be rough. There's nothing like celebrating someone else's baby just past your former due date which is also your birthday.

I'm on my first cycle of Clomid, 10 dpo, and I'm losing my mind wanting to test. After months of low progesterone, the Clomid has my progesterone finally in the normal range. Now if only there's a baby in there to use it...

Oh yeah--if I'm pregnant this round, we'll find out on our 10th anniversary, and the due date will be DP's birthday. It sounds like it's "meant to be," but I've long since put any credance in such fanciful notions. (See? Bitter. )

Rhiannon (33), writer and grad student. Miscarriages in 5/08, 3/09, and 7/09.  Deliriously happy mom to DD (10 mos), 8 weeks premature and miracle baby.  Remembering her twin brother, lost 5/10 to pulmonary hypoplasia after PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes).
#7 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 11:19 AM
LZP

Rhiannon- welcome. Although, I wish we could have all met under better curcumstances. i'm so sorry for your losses.

Sounds like you have a lot of really emotional situations in your near future.
I'm so sorry it's all coming around your birthday too.

You can come here and vent/ask for advice/cry all you want. I hope you find this place as comforting as I have. it's a lot easier here than in some of the other threads in the TTC forum.

Liz

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#8 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post

Beloved- yay for your successful lessons!! that sounds great! maybe we can have an east coast BSL outing to see one of your performances someday. that would be dreamy. and re: your possible O symps- (I feel wrong saying this, bc i know deep in my heart, it's what I want for you, and probably what you want for yourself, in a perfect world...) but I hope that at least this month.. you dont catch that egg. I dont want for you to be under undue stress with your next pgncy. this might not be the bets time.

and no matter if you have a faith that believes in a G-d, or ifyou believe in some universal force, I truely believe you only get what you can handle in life. sort of complements your ultimate zen principle of "whatever will be already is..." i hope you do stay around, if its not too hard for you. i'd miss you.

AFM- i must be O'ing soon, bc my DH is more attractive than usual. even in his grubby, shower-boycotting Sunday worst, i was enamoured. and now he's going to Chicago, but only till tomorrow night. so i can jump him on Tuesday. Yup- definitely Oing soon.

and so begins my first cycle of hoping to be detached during the LP... I think it will not be successful, but i have a few things to distract me, so maybe... just maybe i'll be OK. not temping is surprisingly less stressful than i thought it would be. i can just go about my life, since i dont know when O is coming, and after it does, i wont really know for sure how many DPO I am. so that could help me in not testing only to be let down. How I dream of being one of the "I didnt realize that I missed my period until 3 weeks had gone by. So, I'm already 7 weeks!!" women. yeah. my OCD would never let that happen.

what else? well, i detailed most of it in my responses to others. and i love ellipses today... hahaha!

to you all for a great week.

ETA: oh, and i guess i pushed it out of my mind a little this morning- today would have been my due date. do you think it will be easier now? (so i wont be saying, "I should be ___weeks, but I'm not.) thoughts? could this be my true emotional fresh start?
Aw, thanks I really can't imagine leaving without seeing my ladies through to their BFPs I do believe in a higher power, and ultimately trust that whatever will be already is, really. I just have relapses at times. The thing is, though I know it is not the best thing this month, I REALLY want to catch that eggie, and I find myself excited at every little twinge (and there have been alot today, and BD was especially (ahem) good last night leading me to believe that I am gearing up to O. What if I Od early? I need to use ALL of my willpower to be careful this month, plus 3 psychics predicted end of Oct, early Nov for a pregnancy (3 of them!!)

Ugh!!

Welcome Rhiannon09 I'm sorry for your losses.

LZP, I hope you can remain detached, and I really wish you luck this month. I will be so happy if this is your month

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I had a very vivid dream last night that I found gobs of EWCM, I mean GOBS (I usually only get watery) I wonder what that means

Whatever will be, already is...

#9 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM

Thanks for the thread, lisko!!

Hello Rhiannon!! Sorry to see you here, but a warm welcome, all the same!!!

LZP - wow! What a predictor kinda dream!! And here's hoping you can stay calm this go around.

Pains have gone away - it could have been gas, I reckon, it was jsut odd that it was on both sides, and in the same place.... Funny, if I ovulated on Thursday, though, I should be testing the morning we leave. I'm debating whether I should, or not. *look* I'd like to imbibe a bit on this trip! And while I know, in the start we aren't sharing blood - I might feel a bit odd/guilty about it. Meh. I don't think so - I'll just take one with me, and test after the first week, assuming I haven't started bleeding then.

No, we've never been before - we wanted to go someplace that spoke Spanish, was cheap, wasn't touristy, and was near the ocean - and Uruguay was a great fit!
I'm going to make a Flikr set for our trip, and I'll share that link here!

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#10 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 03:27 PM

soooooo

I just asked DF about me getting OPKs or a fertility monitor...

[1:18:32 PM] DF: well, I don't think we'll need to spend money on that kind of stuff when we'll be DTD every day anyway

lol... lets see him live up to that when it comes time.

Actually, pretty sure it wont be hard for him to live up to, he wants a baby just as bad as I do.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#11 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Whew, were is the fall going!?

lisko - thanks for starting the Oct thread

Rhiannon09 - Welcome! I had my son on my MIL's birthday and my due date for this past m/c was my unexpectedly-died-7-years-ago FIL's birthday. How cool would that have been, instead I just get another reason to be sad on Christmas Eve. So I guess, that's to say, I know how you feel and I'm sorry.

LZP - Woo that's pretty cool about the dream. Glad you caught it.

JustKiya - I'm voting for O'ing on both sides. Double fun

MaerynPearl - here's hoping you don't need an OPK of any sort when you reunite.

Beloved - I've had EWCM dreams before too.. hmm hoping you get some.

AFM - I've somehow talked myself out of all the testing this cycle. I'm sure I'll regret that in another 26-28 days but for now it feels ok. I'm not exactly sure what it's about... money or fear or wanting to wait for that elusive perfect time. I'm not sure yet. We're still going to TTC so count me back in ladies!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#12 of 351 Old 10-05-2009, 05:03 PM

Hey everybody! Thanks for the new thread, Lis! - Happy O'ing to you!, I'm liking your laissez-faire attitude

Mae- loved the dream analysis from the last thread! I used to be really into that a long time ago, but I've forgotten everything I read. I keep having dreams that I have to jump into some like, airduct or something, where I can't be sure I'll come out on the other side. I know in the dream that it should be safe and I'll pop out into some big, open room somewhere else where I need to be, but the thought of jumping into this small tunnel thing makes me feel panicked, like I might get stuck. I also had an interesting dream about Brad Pitt...which I know, so cliche.
(I'm still so excited for you and your df coming home!)

LZP - Thanks for replying to me in the last thread about the island. My neighbors went there and said it was amazing, so lush and not so touristy. Someday I'm going. My show-off mom is flying home from Hawaii today, lol. Well, the weekend was okay, I had a sick 5 year old draped over me puking for most of it, so that sucked. I feel so bad for him. I'm trying to get him rehydrated today, he must've just had a little bug or something.
Happy O'ing, I think it's a great idea to not temp. the months where I don't temp are way less stressful. And yeah, I do think it's a good thing that your "due date" has passed and you can look to the future now. Good luck this month!

Tear- sorry about the bellies and babies everywhere. It's just not fair. hmm, do you have any sort of outlet for dealing with all this? Like, art or poetry or running or something? What are you doing for yourself these days?

AFM - Well, I'm 9dpo today. It's so funny, I've so given up hope that I'm not even freaking out anymore, like I normally would. The result is always the same every month. And I still have my moments where I kind of freak out and say crazy things and cry to dh, which he's very very very patient with. He's usually quiet and listens and thinks and most recently he said, "I hate seeing you in pain, and I know it's frustrating...but I'm not there, I'm not stressed about this at all! I feel like we have enough in our lives to worry about...yada yada." So, that's weird to me. I know it's because deep down he has this faith that it will happen eventually, and I just don't have that. Even all my usual "psychosomatic" symptoms are gone, because I'm not even hoping any more. sorry to be a debbie downer. I just deleted a bunch of stuff that would be way more of a downer... Ha, okay, I'm goint to go get some stuff done!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#13 of 351 Old 10-06-2009, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
I think it is easier for me to just chill at times....All you ladies that are TTC#1... I so want you to experience all of it...I hope you all get there very, very soon. I'd gladly give up my "spot" (if its coming) to ALL of you first.
But I'd be totally okay if we allllllll just got pregnant together. That would be just fine by me. :b elly:bel ly is that enough for all of us? Here's one for good measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
Carlyle- dont feel bad. I have done that the last 3 months... I think i had unusually heave AF for a few cycles after the MC, and now it's leveling out again, so it's lighter than ever. and EVERY time it makes me think- "Wow! maybe i'm one of those ladies that thinks she had AF, but really it was just breakthrough bleeding...!!!!" but, alas, not the case.

First of all, BIG hugs to you on your due date. That's a tough one. I've been thinking about you and Tear a lot. Second, thanks for the sympathy...it's good to know I'm not just going insane It makes it harder that I *was* one of those ladies who thought she had AF, but was really pregs (that was with my healthy pregnancy, ironically enough). And third, how COOL about your dream (I mean not cool that it was broken, but wow)--whacky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
AFM - Well, I'm 9dpo today. It's so funny, I've so given up hope that I'm not even freaking out anymore, like I normally would. The result is always the same every month. And I still have my moments where I kind of freak out and say crazy things and cry to dh, which he's very very very patient with. He's usually quiet and listens and thinks and most recently he said, "I hate seeing you in pain, and I know it's frustrating...but I'm not there, I'm not stressed about this at all! I feel like we have enough in our lives to worry about...yada yada." So, that's weird to me. I know it's because deep down he has this faith that it will happen eventually, and I just don't have that. Even all my usual "psychosomatic" symptoms are gone, because I'm not even hoping any more. sorry to be a debbie downer. I just deleted a bunch of stuff that would be way more of a downer... Ha, okay, I'm goint to go get some stuff done!
That's so hard. I so wish we could just wave a wand and make each other pregnant!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#14 of 351 Old 10-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Thanks for the new thread! Still lurking. Seems like all the ladies I went to school with in HS and college are all moms now... just found another long lost classmate and she's got a daughter. I feel so left behind. I turned 25 last month and I always wanted to have my first kid by now. -_-

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#15 of 351 Old 10-06-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
Thanks for the new thread! Still lurking. Seems like all the ladies I went to school with in HS and college are all moms now... just found another long lost classmate and she's got a daughter. I feel so left behind. I turned 25 last month and I always wanted to have my first kid by now. -_-
Yet I am the opposite... I have 2 going on 3 and out of all the girls in my class... Im one of only 5 or 6 who are moms.

And I turned 27 last month...

#16 of 351 Old 10-06-2009, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

LZP - Belated for your due date passing. I hope you can remain a little detached these next few days. Since you, Tear and I are all in the TWW together maybe we can help each other out in that department?

Rhiannon09 - If you are bitter and raw, this is the place for you! We really have a wonderful group of ladies here, very supportive and all going through something that makes the regular run of "quick" BFPs slightly painful to watch. I will add you to our first page.

Court - Be as much of a downer as you'd like. That's what we are here for. I'm sorry that things are the way they are. I will keep you posted on my HSG (if I need it )... does DH have another SA planned?

Carlyle - Thanks for all the bellies! I hope they work...

Quote:
But I'd be totally okay if we allllllll just got pregnant together.

Can we plan it? What fun our Bitter Sushi Mommy Thread would be!

So, I have a sad story, and I just don't know how to handle it. A friend of mine is 7 weeks PG (I heard this through another friend). Its a definite OOPS, she was on the BCP shot and must have slipped up on a dosage or a day, or something. However, she has many, many health problems and was on multiple category C medications for the beginning of the pgcy. Her DS (who is 4) is very special needs and they didn't want another. So she's not incredibly happy, worried about the damage the medications caused, and now dealing with withdrawal from all those medications. I feel bad for her, because I'm not sure she can really handle this (she's pretty unhealthy and fragile emotionally)... however, I want a baby so badly... and now she gets one when very much not trying and not really wanting? I haven't talked to her... I'm just not sure how to broach the subject... because eventually we will need to.

I just don't get it sometimes...

#17 of 351 Old 10-06-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
Can we plan it? What fun our Bitter Sushi Mommy Thread would be!

So, I have a sad story, and I just don't know how to handle it. A friend of mine is 7 weeks PG (I heard this through another friend). Its a definite OOPS, she was on the BCP shot and must have slipped up on a dosage or a day, or something. However, she has many, many health problems and was on multiple category C medications for the beginning of the pgcy. Her DS (who is 4) is very special needs and they didn't want another. So she's not incredibly happy, worried about the damage the medications caused, and now dealing with withdrawal from all those medications. I feel bad for her, because I'm not sure she can really handle this (she's pretty unhealthy and fragile emotionally)... however, I want a baby so badly... and now she gets one when very much not trying and not really wanting? I haven't talked to her... I'm just not sure how to broach the subject... because eventually we will need to.

I just don't get it sometimes...
Ill have to be left out of timing, I doubt yall still want to be around next July!

As for broaching the subject... its probably best to do it at a hormonally hopeful time in your cycle (pre-o through 5dpo) and not when you are anxiously awaiting finding out any day if this is your month as it will affect you yourself worse and she will likely sense it, especially if she is sensitive.

#18 of 351 Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 PM

Thank you for the welcome, everyone (and for your condolences too). Liz, I think you’re right about this being an easier place than elsewhere on the site. If/when I get another BFP, for instance, it’s not going to be all celebration and hoorahs. I mean, I’ll be glad, but I’ve never made it past 10 weeks. I feel like I have to get past the first trimester before I can really celebrate; I live in fear of losing yet another and of having to have a third D&C. I don’t know that that anxiety about getting pg would make sense everywhere else on the boards.

Also, Liz, sorry to hear of your loss. I found that the month leading up to my due date for #1 was really difficult, and after it was much easier—a real relief, like I could finally move on. I hope it’s the same for you.

Kiya: I didn’t catch all the description of your pain—I gather are you having pain around O? (I hope I’m not misunderstanding.) I had intense pain on both sides last cycle, and it ended up being a small and non-dangerous but pain-inducing fibroid on my right ovary. Maybe ask your doc for an u/s to check things out? Also (this seems so oddly and amusingly disconnected from the previous topic) have fun in Uruguay!

Jessica: Sorry too for your loss. It’s strange how once a due date lands on a significant date, more seem to follow. I’m sure there’s some statistical reason for it, or maybe it’s just weird psychology, but it sure can give things an uncanny vibe…

Court: You’re one day behind me cycle-wise. Sorry to hear of the frustration…I don’t know how long you’ve been trying, but on try #15; I so feel your pain.

Lis: That’s so sad all around.

AFM: I have pregnancy symptoms out the wazoo, including my weird bronchitis-like/upper-respiratory symptoms I’ve gotten with every pregnancy. But I know it’s all probably just the progesterone, like it’s been so many times before. I guess it’s good that my levels are up enough that I’ve been nauseated nonstop for the last 48 hours and that food sounds gross…but I’ll admit it’s more and more difficult to be grateful when all it’s resulted in thus far is BFNs and D&Cs.

Oh my, I promise I won’t be this bitter all the time. I think I just need to get it out of my system, now that I feel like I can--for which I thank you all!

Rhiannon (33), writer and grad student. Miscarriages in 5/08, 3/09, and 7/09.  Deliriously happy mom to DD (10 mos), 8 weeks premature and miracle baby.  Remembering her twin brother, lost 5/10 to pulmonary hypoplasia after PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes).
#19 of 351 Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I have like 3 seconds, but I wanted to send a

Court, from one-debbie downer here, I say LET IT OUT! That's what we're here for. I'm feeling a lot of the same things here.

LZP oh honey, I just went through that. Its so hard. I think....I think it's been easier since I passed that date. I hope it's true for you too.

Lisko, thanks so much for the new thread. I have more to say to you later, including :, but I have to go back to my hostess duties. I'll just say this: I agree with taking care of each other this TWW. We can do this without losing our minds! We CAN!

Rhiannon, welcome! Our situations are so similar, and I feel like I could have written your post. You are among friends here. I'm also dealing with progesterone symptoms, and it's almost a relief to know that I can't believe a single gosh-darn symptom I have, since last month I was 100% convinced I was pregnant: hello, progesterone.

Ok...ladies, I know, I suck at posting. I miss you! I love you all!!!! :

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#20 of 351 Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon09 View Post
AFM: I have pregnancy symptoms out the wazoo, including my weird bronchitis-like/upper-respiratory symptoms I’ve gotten with every pregnancy. But I know it’s all probably just the progesterone, like it’s been so many times before. I guess it’s good that my levels are up enough that I’ve been nauseated nonstop for the last 48 hours and that food sounds gross…but I’ll admit it’s more and more difficult to be grateful when all it’s resulted in thus far is BFNs and D&Cs.
That sounds so hard.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#21 of 351 Old 10-07-2009, 01:23 PM

Just got home from the attorney.... everything goes well. They seem optimistic that if I pay the retainer fee i could be completely divorced by valentines day and adoption can be done as of the day after our wedding...

not something i tend to share with you all, that I am still married to my ex... but due to him being an ass, getting a divorce has been nearly impossible.

also

that without a doubt was my luteal cyst rupturing lol owwww

#22 of 351 Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM

Good morning ladies! Hope springs anew!

http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/u...8.jpg&newest=1
#23 of 351 Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Just got home from the attorney.... everything goes well. They seem optimistic that if I pay the retainer fee i could be completely divorced by valentines day and adoption can be done as of the day after our wedding...

not something i tend to share with you all, that I am still married to my ex... but due to him being an ass, getting a divorce has been nearly impossible.
Now I understand that comment from the other day about "legal" things associated with getting married soon... sorry I didn't "get it" right off... sounds promising though!
#24 of 351 Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
Good morning ladies! Hope springs anew!

http://s632.photobucket.com/albums/u...8.jpg&newest=1
I said it in the other threads but Congrats, I KNEW it!!!!

afm, I am trying not to TTC I know it is a bad idea now, but every ounce of my being wants him to not be careful tonight My heart says one thing, and my head says another. I want my marriage to work though, so maybe I will muster iup my willpower and tell him to be careful.

I am mourning right now because it looks like it won't happen

#25 of 351 Old 10-07-2009, 04:45 PM

Congrats Pinoikoi!!!!!

#26 of 351 Old 10-07-2009, 11:35 PM

HI!

I was missing you ladies! Thought I needed to drop in to check up on all of you. I was hoping you all graduated!! Congrats Pinikoi!

Mae: so glad to hear DP will be home soon!

Court: I've had many of those feelings myself. I find it really difficult to control my emotions during the 2WW. You're definately not alone!!

Lis: thanks for the new thread!

Rhiannon: welcome!

LZP, Tear, Beloved, kparker, jessica, JustKiya, Carlyle

I took some house pics on the weekend... I just need to upload them and I will share... it's coming along... insulation is done now and drywall will start next week... it's really taking shape.

I had an IUI last Thursday. We did injectible meds... I made DH do it to me! Not such a big deal it was just easier to have him inject me rather than stick myself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

We also have been to learn about IVF because if this cycle doesn't work we'll need to move on to that. I'm still trying to come to terms with it... we're planning to start maybe in February. Hopefully in the meantime nature works itself out!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#27 of 351 Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 PM

bye bye ladies!

dunno when Ill be back...

#28 of 351 Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
bye bye ladies!

dunno when Ill be back...
Where you going?

#29 of 351 Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 AM

Guys, I KNEW it!! I Od early thus making my chances of conceiving really high. I guess the one month I am TTA this would happen :-/

I am secretly excited, but also scared due to the reasons I have already stated. Someone look at my chart, could this be right? My BD schedule is perfect for conception.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25415c

#30 of 351 Old 10-08-2009, 11:34 AM

Wow, that is perfect timing, Beloved!!! and a wee squee!!

This has been the most relaxed TWW for me ever - I'm too busy to think about it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page