Ovulation 1 week after miscarriage (hcg 0)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-05-2009, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,
I am new to mothering.com forums...so please let me know if I need to repost this elsewhere. :-) anyway...I miscarried on Sept 9 (natural at 6 weeks), hcg finally reached zero on Sept 24. On the 25/26, I had EWCM and was feeling unusually frisky...my dh and I had ups that night too. (the unusually intense friskiness is often a sure sign something is going on with me hormonally) I had weird cramping all week afterwards, not painful, just felt like I generally do right before af comes (bloaty and tired, and in a terrible mood) Then, this weekend, just for grins, I used an opk, and the lines were pretty equal in color. Now, my question here is...is it at all possible that I could ovulate so soon after my miscarriage? I am assuming that hcg equalling zero woild be the last day of it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-05-2009, 04:15 PM

Your next cycle does not start at hCG 0 post miscarriage. Personally, my miscarriage was at 13 weeks... and I had my next period 4 weeks after my first day of heavy loss.

It just depends on when your body decides it is no longer pregnant and decides to go back into fertile mode.

What it sounds like is you Oed possibly about 2 weeks after your miscarriage (totally normal timing) and that OPK could possibly be positive due to pregnancy considering if you ovulated on the 25th, today would be 10dpo.

I suggest trying a pregnancy test. If it is negative, you can consider that you Oed this weekend (which seems late to me, after such an early miscarriage)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 3 Old 10-06-2009, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your reply! I did take a hpt this morning (first response early result) and it was neg. Feels like af is preparing to visit too...I have a pretty perfect 14 day luteal phase so I am probably right on target (I tend to have very long cycles but very defibite O, so its pretty easy to keep track). I am also goin in for a follow up blood draw tomorrow, so I will know for sure by then.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page