~The ONE Thread Oct 11-17~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
well if you dont chart you dont know if AF is late, or if you Oed late...
I only track my period, it said forecasted period a week ago.. O late? Guess im too under-educated for this forum!

Proud mama to my 2 gorgeous boys (09.30.08) & (07.01.10)
#122 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
CD 12 today, second day of finding EWCM in there, although today less stretchy than yesterday, but it's still the same thing as far as I know...since it was still stretchy.

I wonder when I will be Ovulating? I am charting, can someone tell me how much my temp should rise and is that on the day AFTER Ovulation or the day OF Ovulation? -Or does it vary for different women?

ETA- nvm I just looked it up and it said your temp rises 2 days after Ovulation. And it will rise between 0.1 F and a full degree

Decided im going to wait until friday to dtd, hoping that will give me the best chance and be closest to Ovulation.
um... my temp rises day after ovulation, not 2 days after. Most womens temps rise right after... but you cant know for a couple days if it was a fluke temp or Ovulation.

I say do it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramiia View Post
I only track my period, it said forecasted period a week ago.. O late? Guess im too under-educated for this forum!
Nope, just new, you will learn fast! LOL

If you do not ovulate at the same time as you normally do, your period will not come at the same time as it normally does. If you do not know when you ovulated, you do not know if your period is late or still on time but you ovulated late. The time between ovulation and your period will never change by much, but the time between your period and ovulation will. Hmm that seems like it may be confusing.

CD1 = cycle day one, first day of menstrual flow

the time from CD1 to Ovulation can change.... but the time between Ovulation and your next CD1 will not change by much at all.

So think back a few weeks... were you sick? stressed? anxious? exercising a lot? if you breastfeed, was it more than normal then? Sometimes it can be for seemingly no reason whatsoever...

Thats the frustrating part about starting to learn all this. No one teaches it in high school health... so you dont know to watch for the signs and/or temp/chart when TTC... so that when your period seems to be a week late you do not have to sit there wondering, is it late? or did I just ovulate later than normal?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#123 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I say do it tomorrow.
Yeah maybe since sperm could still be alive in there for a few days later if Im too early. Ok it's a plan! lol

Anyone testing today? Goodluck!

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#124 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 AM

I tested today. 10dpo. BFN. BUT I have some wierd symptoms. Last night I couldn't tell if I was ravenously starving or gonna throw up. Now this morning I am SO hungry I feel ill. Very unusual for me. Obsessing? Maybe. Since getting symptoms should likely mean enough HCG for a BFP this morning..and my chart doesn't look awesome but doesn't look bad. Only time will telll!!

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#125 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 11:38 AM

Congrats for all the BFPs

As for me I have the craziest heart burny nauseous feeling today. We will see.....2 more days, why is time going so slow. I just don't want to be disappointed so I think waiting until the day before AF is suppose to arrive is a safe bet. trying not to stress about it, and really up until the past two days I have been thinking I was out for the month.

Loving wife to DH, ,, to four great kids 8, 6, 3, 1, TTC #5
#126 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 AM

I did have a good high temp again this morning, and very tiny bit of reddish brown spotting. I have never had mid cycle bleeding before, ever, so that would be really wierd.

I hate this part!! My poor dh thinks I'm crazy for not knowing what's going on. He has no idea that I'm so much more informed than a lot of women! It's just not clear.

FX for you mommaof4 and hulajenn!!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#127 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 PM

Corasmama - hope you're able to confirm O date soon, for your own piece of mind...

HulaJenn - it's still early! Hoping you'll get your BFP in the next few days.

To all waiting to O - hope you catch that eggie!!!

To all those in the TWW w/ me - FX big time for all of us!!! Let's take the June/July DDCs by storm this cycle.

AFM
- my temps are up and down this LP! But still well above CL (and a different pattern that the other "active" TTC cycles), so I guess I shouldn't be concerned? With the weather getting so much cooler, I think I've just been sleeping at different temperatures (sometimes w/ an extra layer, sometimes not... sometimes waking up completely under the covers, sometimes not) so maybe that has something to do w/ it.

Oh, and I had blood when I blew my nose yesterday, and bleeding gums brushing my teeth... I've heard both can be signs, so FX!

Also have the massive bbs from last month, with the addition of sore nips. And also this weird sharp pain in my groin area when I sneeze or get up from my chair too quickly.... hmmmmm......

These are the thoughts and feelings of an obsesser, me thinks.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#128 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Oh, and I had blood when I blew my nose yesterday, and bleeding gums brushing my teeth... I've heard both can be signs, so FX!
caused by progesterone increase but dont get TOO excited yet!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#129 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
caused by progesterone increase but dont get TOO excited yet!
Yay! Thanks for your feedback, and don't worry I'm not. I know better by now. Lol. I'll be excited about a second line after a missed AF, and/or a +beta that doubles over 48 hours. Heehee....

But that doesn't mean I'm not paying attention to every. single. little. symptom.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#130 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Hello, Ladies! I just wanted to update on how things are going here. I have been laying low and trying to let me body start working again. After two extremely long cycles (for the first time in my life) I went to a NEW doctor yesterday. He sat down with DH and I and very attentively listened to everything we had to say. I am scheduled for homone testing next Wednesday and they are already working on getting a semen analysis for DH. The doctor seems somewhat sure I could have PCOS due to the symptoms, but we will find out after the testing next week. : we can get this figured out and have a BFP soon!

So thankful for my DH and beautiful DD (21 months TTC, now 4 months old)  TTC #2 while BF 
I am one lucky lady!
#131 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 02:07 PM

Dtd has to be put back to friday instead of tomorrow since something has come up which makes dtd tomorrow impossible.

Hopefully friday will still be okay and not too late.

feeling really impatient today, I wanna be pregnant now...

Lyndzies fingers crossed for you!

#132 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 04:18 PM

Put me on the 2ww waiting list. Im 5dpiui ... its going to be a long wait!

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
#133 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 05:10 PM

I am confused. How could this spotting be an early AF if my temps are still high?? I must be missing some order of things. I actually think I'm pregnant, so trying to figure out how this isn't implantation spotting is frustrating, like I'm going against the current!

Grapes, it must feel so good to find a good doc who will listen and take action! Good luck with all that.

What is the pregnancy test that people recommend? I have a few dollar tree ones.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#134 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
What is the pregnancy test that people recommend? I have a few dollar tree ones.
Dollar Tree... but post pics here if they are so much as questionable or very light... as they can sometimes give BFN lines that can convince a TTC ladies eyes it is pink when it is not. But if its stark white negative, you can usually trust it pretty well.

Got my BFP with DD at 6dpo with a dollar tree test!

#135 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 06:25 PM

Hi ladies! How do I link my ff chart on the first page?

ETA: nevermind. I found someone that posted that same question in the forum a few days ago. I will go read.
#136 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellebelle View Post
Hi ladies! How do I link my ff chart on the first page?
Hey michellebelle! Are we still on the same cycle? CD 12 today right? -I know we were pretty close last month, but don't remember if we started AF on the same day. I've had 2 days of EWCM so far, hoping friday will be the right time to dtd and Ovulate around then too (hopefully not before), you?

#137 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Michellebelle- just post the link here in the thread, with a request in bold (so I won't miss it), and I'll add it!

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#138 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Got my BFP with DD at 6dpo with a dollar tree test!
No way!! Okay then. Maybe I'll try and sneak one in before Sunday...

#139 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 PM

Today I had crampy af like pains mixed with well..you know you feel when your stomach is upset like you gotta poo but don't? That too. Im 5dpiui... you think this could be implantation thats causing my stomach to feel like that?

After trying for over 10yrs our bundle of joy was born on 8/5/10 4lbs 7oz ~Brayden Kelley Ray~Such a miracle~Stole our Hearts~ Gods timing isnt our timing, but His timing is perfect~~
#140 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
No way!! Okay then. Maybe I'll try and sneak one in before Sunday...
Mind you, that is extremely rare... i had to have implanted almost as soon as possible (not possible before 30 hours after fertilization, which can happen up to 24 hours after ovulation)

#141 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorasMama View Post
Michellebelle- just post the link here in the thread, with a request in bold (so I won't miss it), and I'll add it!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a2be3

Will you add my chart? Thanks

Samy, we are close again...I'm CD13 right now. Hopefully we will both have better luck this month!

For ladies with more charting experience, I didn't temp the first week or so and I am wondering if that is going to mess things up. Will it still show when I o'd?
Also, how important is it to include when I have disturbed sleep? With a toddler it's practically every night, so I don't know if I should bother including it.
#142 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellebelle View Post
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a2be3

Will you add my chart? Thanks

Samy, we are close again...I'm CD13 right now. Hopefully we will both have better luck this month!

For ladies with more charting experience, I didn't temp the first week or so and I am wondering if that is going to mess things up. Will it still show when I o'd?
Also, how important is it to include when I have disturbed sleep? With a toddler it's practically every night, so I don't know if I should bother including it.
I would leave a note on each day on just HOW disturbed it was

and missing the first week means you will have a higher coverline later, likely. But this, in the end, means nothing as the coverline is only there to give you an idea of pre-to-post-ovulation temperature shift.

It may or may not show you when you Oed... depending on if you already Oed or if your disturbed slumber ends up disturbing your temps drastically (or several medical conditions you may not be aware of, such as not Ovulating or hormonal problems)

#143 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 08:46 PM

I just wanted to note that I feel like every time I pee its such a waste.....comon friday!

Loving wife to DH, ,, to four great kids 8, 6, 3, 1, TTC #5
#144 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommaof 4 View Post
I just wanted to note that I feel like every time I pee its such a waste.....comon friday!
Lol I am sort of the same only with every time i ovulate is a waste

#145 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Just checking back in...

I had a visit with my doc today. I showed him my charts the past three cycles and he agrees that I O'ed the first two, but not this one. I got the progesterone shot so now I'm waiting for AF and hopefully will be back in the game soon.

Is anyone testing in the next few days?! I'm excited we've had some BFPs this month, but would love to see some more!

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#146 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 09:59 PM

Clumsy here. And racy and hungry. Not how I usually feel when AF is coming. I just keep assuring myself that by the end of the weekend, all will be revealed... but I'm realizing how attached I am to having a baby so I'm sad b/c I'm worried that this somehow is AF and I just have it all wrong somehow. And I have to hang out with all my girlfriends at craft nite tonight and not talk about this. Some of them would be all "OMG! Another one?!" and I'm SO not up for that right now.

Glad you got clear, BarefootGirl, and maybe some help too.

#147 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootGirl View Post
Hi everyone! Just checking back in...

I had a visit with my doc today. I showed him my charts the past three cycles and he agrees that I O'ed the first two, but not this one. I got the progesterone shot so now I'm waiting for AF and hopefully will be back in the game soon.

Is anyone testing in the next few days?! I'm excited we've had some BFPs this month, but would love to see some more!
Doesn't progesterone keep AF away? Or did you mean provera?
Good lukc! I hope things get sorted so youcan move on to the next cycle!

#148 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
Doesn't progesterone keep AF away? Or did you mean provera?
Good lukc! I hope things get sorted so youcan move on to the next cycle!
Provera is a progestin (synthetic progesterone)

You use it to get the progesterone rise then subsequent progesterone fall which will signal your body to start AF (the same as it does post-ovulation, rise then fall, then AF)

#149 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 PM

Ah I see. Thanks Mae!

#150 of 218 Old 10-14-2009, 10:35 PM

*salute* that's why I'm here... lol

that and its sort of like a dieter walking into a bakery just for the smells...

get some satisfaction just being around it... waiting until I get to be the one enjoying it myself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page