The ONE Thread ~ Nov 8-14 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 01:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootGirl View Post
Hey what does it mean when people say that they are "subbing" ? I've been around awhile but haven't figured that one out yet
They're "subscribing" the the thread so they can get email updates. I guess subbing is easier to type than subscribe? Lol.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#122 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 AM

lol... it is indeed.

though the only time I ever say subbing I mean that money I paid to give me my pretty pink name and support mothering.com

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#123 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 01:26 AM

I thought I'd go ahead and check in. My body is doing some crazy things right now. My cervix was high, closed and firm today, but I had EWCM. I should be 5dpo, and now FF took away my cross hairs again I just need a + test of AF, this month is making me go crazy!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#124 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyDoula View Post
I thought I'd go ahead and check in. My body is doing some crazy things right now. My cervix was high, closed and firm today, but I had EWCM. I should be 5dpo, and now FF took away my cross hairs again I just need a + test of AF, this month is making me go crazy!
EWCM post-O could either mean your O date was incorrect or a second estrogen surge. For now I say keep it but if a few days from now it is still obvious you Oed when FF originally says you did I would remove it and add it as just a note on that day in case you need to come back to see it.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#125 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
They're "subscribing" the the thread so they can get email updates. I guess subbing is easier to type than subscribe? Lol.
Oh, I wasn't aware you could subscribe to get email updates! GTK

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#126 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
EWCM post-O could either mean your O date was incorrect or a second estrogen surge. For now I say keep it but if a few days from now it is still obvious you Oed when FF originally says you did I would remove it and add it as just a note on that day in case you need to come back to see it.
I guess my O date could always change but I've always been pretty consistent with day 15-16, so day 20 would be really late! I am just so baffled. I guess we'll see what tomorrows temp does to my chart.

Here is the link if anybody is interested:

#127 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 04:00 AM

So my temp dropped to my coverline...but anytime that's happened before I have been spotting already for a couple of days and then AF comes that day. Still nothing, no spotting or anything and the day's come and gone. We even had sex last night, and that usually brings on spotting if it's around AF time. ??

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#128 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 09:18 AM

after 7 pregnancy tests this week being all stark BFN, i give.

My body is doing something crazy that i dont know yet what. But there is no bun in this oven. maybe an alien?

i give up hope. friday i am getting a digital, which should be a definitive answer right?

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#129 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:

btw if its implantation you will NOT get a bfp for a minimum of 2 days (and thats in amazingly fast doubling hcg)
Both my babies gave me BFP the day after implantation dip. Dip was 9dpo for both and BFP was 10dpo.

Correction: With DS1 I dipped cd 7 but didn't have a spike back to regular post O temps until cd 10 followed by BFP

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#130 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
Both my babies gave me BFP the day after implantation dip. Dip was 9dpo for both and BFP was 10dpo.

Correction: With DS1 I dipped cd 7 but didn't have a spike back to regular post O temps until cd 10 followed by BFP
Do you have ultrasound proof that it was implantation dip and not a post-implantation dip or complete fluke and chance that you got in a cycle you got pregnant?

Quote:
I guess my O date could always change but I've always been pretty consistent with day 15-16, so day 20 would be really late! I am just so baffled. I guess we'll see what tomorrows temp does to my chart.

Here is the link if anybody is interested:
Im going to have to agree with FF that it really does not look like you Oed yet...

#131 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 10:41 AM

I got crosshairs! And higher temps than usual for my first 3 DPO. Please move me to waiting to know.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#132 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Forgot to mention... yay AF!

So no obsessing until the beginning of 2010

#133 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
i give up hope. friday i am getting a digital, which should be a definitive answer right?
You are not out till AF shows. My advice is to stop testing until it's late. My experience is that too-early testing only causes me to waste money and get downhearted (plus, in one instance, know about a chemical pregnancy I'd rather have stayed ignorant of).

Most women don't get their BFP until at least the day of AF. Check out these stats, hopefully they will give you some hope back.

P.S. Many digitals tend to be not as sensitive as some of the non-digis; I know of many women who didn't get a positive digi till days after AF was missed.

Mae Yay for AF! (strange to say on this board). LOL! I'm happy you're happy!!!!!! 2010 is going to be a great year, I can just feel it. HAS to be better than 2009 (for me, anyway).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#134 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Forgot to mention... yay AF!

So no obsessing until the beginning of 2010

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#135 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:

Im going to have to agree with FF that it really does not look like you Oed yet...
Okay after today I might have to agree with you. What would cause someone to ovulate so much later then usual? And have EWCM for so long?! I've checked my cervix for two years, so I know what I'm feeling and it has been high for the last week! I just don't get it

#136 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Okay after today I might have to agree with you. What would cause someone to ovulate so much later then usual? And have EWCM for so long?! I've checked my cervix for two years, so I know what I'm feeling and it has been high for the last week! I just don't get it
Stress? Sickness? Random anovulatory cycle (all women get them now and then)? I am not sure... but those are the three most common reasons.

#137 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

mataji4 I added your chart to the list at the beginning of the thread. I can't tell what's going on. Do you know what your usual LP is? Could it maybe be AF? No spotting is good, though...

Bri'sgirl What happens if you discard the temp on cd9? That seems a little unusually high (and you can use rule of thumb to rule it out). Maybe that will lower your coverline?

Barefootgirl Yay for crosshairs!! Go eggie, go!

Mae Yay for AF!

Ok, so who is going to be testing before Saturday? I hope to see some BFPs during my tenure as threadkeeper!!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#138 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 06:39 PM

My Preseed and OPKs arrived today

So I'm guessing "crosshairs" on FF means when it pinpoints day of ovualtion with a big cross through the middle of the graph? So when do I take an OPK? Before I am ovulating, right? So when there is a dip in my temp? I am so confused

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#139 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 06:39 PM

Bump... Girls, how could we let the ONE go to page 2!?!? You ladies are having fun on other threads, huh? Or is no one else procrastinating like I am?

I was reading obsess and test, but I am so close to allowing myself to test at 6dpo, that it would be just too much to post there...

Funny, I think the the obsess and test thread is VERY similar to the No Stress thread... Is it just me? When No Stress isn't there during my tww, I just go lurk on the testers thread...

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#140 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenSeeksBun View Post
My Preseed and OPKs arrived today

So I'm guessing "crosshairs" on FF means when it pinpoints day of ovualtion with a big cross through the middle of the graph? So when do I take an OPK? Before I am ovulating, right? So when there is a dip in my temp? I am so confused
nooo that would be too late!
OPK does not detect moment of ovulation but alert you that ovulation is likely to happen within a few days.

Depending on your cycle would determine when to start the OPKs

For example, I have a cycle ranging from 26 to 30 days and know my LP is 13 days so to avoid missing an LH surge I would start to test at cd9.

26 days - 13 = 13 + 3 to 4 days beforehand when an OPK will start to and quickly turn positive. Of course, because that is just the earliest I tend to go, I could end up testing for over a week, but I do not have horribly reliable cycles which is why I temp and dont do OPKs and when we TTC we will just DTD every single day once I find EWCM.

#141 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Just gonna repeat my little question in case anyone missed it...and so we don't get to page 2 again!

Anyone going to be testing before Saturday?

#142 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Not me, but if you're desperate for a testing partner or something, I'll do one for fun. Been a while.

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#143 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Okay, thanks MaerynPearl!
My cycle is typically around 28 days, but was funky this cycle. I had about 6 days of spotting, and now I'm *guessing* I'm on CD9. Maybe I should take an OPK on Saturday? I only have 4 days of temps, so they don't tell you anything

Maurine: Doesn't look like there is a whole lotta testing coming up yet in this group. Good luck to you!

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#144 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post
Not me, but if you're desperate for a testing partner or something, I'll do one for fun. Been a while.
No, I won't be testing until next week. I just wanna see some BFP's.

#145 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM

I wont be testing until January at the soonest

#146 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
btw if its implantation you will NOT get a bfp for a minimum of 2 days (and thats in amazingly fast doubling hcg)
On that advice, I was able to restrain myself and have not yet tested. Thanks for saving me a hpt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
Not sure why FF has your coverline so high. If you look at your chart overlay without any coverline, your temps post-O are pretty similar, including the recent dip.
It does look somewhat similar, but the dates never line up...I'm still trying to figure out all the data on FF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

Bri'sgirl What happens if you discard the temp on cd9? That seems a little unusually high (and you can use rule of thumb to rule it out). Maybe that will lower your coverline?
I just checked it, but even when I lower it from 97.86 to 97.40, it only lowers my coverline from 97.96 to 97.88...not a big difference.

My temp did go back up a little this morning, however, I ended up having to temp about 30 minutes earlier than normal. Got a stupid text message at 5:15 AM!!!!

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#147 of 223 Old 11-12-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post
Just gonna repeat my little question in case anyone missed it...and so we don't get to page 2 again!

Anyone going to be testing before Saturday?
Not till next week! Next Friday, I'm thinking (AF is due Thursday... and I REALLY don't want to test before then if I can help it!).

#148 of 223 Old 11-13-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Not till next week! Next Friday, I'm thinking (AF is due Thursday... and I REALLY don't want to test before then if I can help it!).
We can be testing buddies!!! I need someone to wait with me. I had the flu this past week but I'm still feeling good about this month. This month would be perfect. This is my chart and I'm 7dpo right now, already wondering how in the heck I am going to make it another week.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#149 of 223 Old 11-13-2009, 01:03 AM

It's official... I'm back in.

Can you add me to Waiting for Flo? It should be any day now, and then it'll just be the countdown to O, then the TWW, and hopefully not repeat ad nauseam. It's been a year since we first started trying, and then didn't, and then almost did and then didn't... and now we're back on for December.

We'll see what happens... I don't want to get my hopes up yet. I'm worried about my testosterone levels but I'm staying positive!

#150 of 223 Old 11-13-2009, 01:11 AM

YAY miriam! will you be having any follow-up testing to check on those levels? i bet you could find all kinds of natural fertility boosters that could help with hormone levels...

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page