Forum Jump: 

#61 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
and stop laughing, YYYM!
i can't help myself! everything is funny, even forced fatigue. i feel like i'm high! i think this may be fuzzies from the illness.

SOOOOOO, does this i can move you to the recent BFPs list? i hope this is the first of many BFPs for the december thread!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 01:08 AM

YAY!!!

YYYM, I'm waaiiitiinnnggg, get that BFP already!!!

Whatever will be, already is...

#63 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 01:18 AM

Oh, LZP. Crying a couple very happy tears for you. So so happy to hear this news. And AWESOME that they're going to have you in to see about doubling time and perhaps an early ultrasound!

YYYM, YOUR TURN!!

BarefootGirl - Again, so sorry to hear the sad news, and sad that you've had to come join this thread. I just made that decision too; I needed a place of solace from the "hi, just joined MDC, can you add me to 'waiting to know'" and then two seconds later the person graduates. I mean, good for whomever does (I almost did my first try) but it does get old when we continue to struggle with TTC "failure," losses, failures to stick, and all the heartache that goes along with all of it. I've already found so much support from everyone here in my very short time w/ the BSLs and I hope you will, too.

AFM - First insem down, two to go. SO, any of you use Instead? I'm thinking of either putting the sample in the cup and then inserting (as opposed to inserting after I insem) or just bypassing it all together. But I don't want to be leaky and I want everything to stay up there! I'm just worried maybe the cup is part of my problem? Oh, probably not I guess. I'm just looking for something to blame. :P Thanks for letting me talk it out. Lol.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#64 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
AFM - First insem down, two to go. SO, any of you use Instead? I'm thinking of either putting the sample in the cup and then inserting (as opposed to inserting after I insem) or just bypassing it all together. But I don't want to be leaky and I want everything to stay up there! I'm just worried maybe the cup is part of my problem? Oh, probably not I guess. I'm just looking for something to blame. :P Thanks for letting me talk it out. Lol.
Have you ever done it without the cup?

If not, its worth a try.... to avoid leaking, do the insem with about 10 pillows under your butt (or something similar to keep you tilted) and run and shower about 20 minutes later (giving the sperm more than enough time to go where it needs to.

Do I think the cups the problem? well, no... but you never know right?

When will you be doing the next two? over the next two days or are you spacing them out?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#65 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Have you ever done it without the cup?

If not, its worth a try.... to avoid leaking, do the insem with about 10 pillows under your butt (or something similar to keep you tilted) and run and shower about 20 minutes later (giving the sperm more than enough time to go where it needs to.

Do I think the cups the problem? well, no... but you never know right?

When will you be doing the next two? over the next two days or are you spacing them out?
I guess part of the "problem" is that I'm doing them at his place. So it's a "get up and go" kind of situation when I'm done... maybe I'll go out on a limb and pick up the sample and drive it back to my place to do as you suggest.... The first month, when I got pg, I didn't use the cup for the first insem (but did for the other two).

Next two are over the next two days due to his having to travel Friday - Monday (right when I imagine I'll O).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#66 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 AM

chug some grapefruit juice, i hear it can bring O on sooner... lol.

Does it really? Psh I dont know, the thought of doing so scares me more than chugging cranberry juice to get rid of a urinary tract infection (I had to drink a LOT of cranberry juice when pregnant with my girly)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#67 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
chug some grapefruit juice, i hear it can bring O on sooner... lol.

Does it really? Psh I dont know, the thought of doing so scares me more than chugging cranberry juice to get rid of a urinary tract infection (I had to drink a LOT of cranberry juice when pregnant with my girly)
Lol. Believe it or not, I have been. The juice, the Green Tea, copious quantities of water, and a daily Mucinex for the last couple of days.

#68 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 01:55 AM

LZP - I'm so excited and happy for you!!! Those numbers sound very good!! YOU are my 3rd announcement. I knew another was coming!

I'm hoping for you too YYYM and Beloved - let's start another round of 3!
Who else is waiting? Engio?

BarefootGirl - I know that feeling of hopes and dreams being dashed, I hope that you guys can try again soon. We waited a month the first time but this last m/c we tried again right away. I had a wonky cycle before getting a regular one again. Obviously we were not successful but I know that it's worked for some.

Sorry everyone I missed!!

AFM - This is the last cycle I've got to be pregnant before my due date. No pressure or anything! Waiting to O - on and off the fence if I want to temp just to O or not. Meh, not feeling it right now.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#69 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 01:56 AM

LZP, EEEEEEEE! I'm so excited for you! (You can stay tentatively excited; the rest of us will be all-out excited ). And, I totally get being hesitant to join a DDC -- I didn't look much at mine until after about 12 weeks, when my baby felt more real and when I didn't have to look at the "leaving the DDC" posts.

Barefootgirl, welcome and I'm so sorry for your loss. That sucks. This really is a great place -- they even let you come back after you graduate.

Jill, wife to J, mama to O (10/03), MK (7/05), angel1.gif(7/09), A (5/4/10), and ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-suprise.gif** 

#70 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 06:18 AM

LZP--- I am so happy for you!!!! I hear you on joining the DDCs.... I was afraid to do it too!! I lurked for a while but mostly stayed with my BSLs before I got my 6.5 week U/S.... I hope hope hope this baby is a

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#71 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 11:10 AM

LZP,
Wait for us!!!!!!!!! I hear you on joining the DDCs. It's a scary jump.

Hey so I've decided that I really love to see a temp spike after a dip in the TWW!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ca58

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#72 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 12:10 PM

LZP! - I'm so excited and happy for you! Yippee for high progesterone levels!

I wish you lots of this... :yawning and this... :Puke so you can know that the little bean and your body are making all the RIGHT super-strong hormones. Don't worry too much if you cramp - I cramped so much between week 5 and 6 it really freaked me out one evening!

And definitely go for the early u/s - it will put your mind so at ease to see a nice healthy . Again, I'm so happy for you and DH!

Lyndzies - Hi... you joined after I graduated, but I wanted to mention that "I've heard" the cup can possibly put the semen beyond the cervix. Especially if your cervix/uterus is tipped or not completely in the "normal" position. So trying it without the cup, at least one time, might be an idea. Does the kd feel really funny about you hanging out for just 15 or 20 minutes? Maybe he could go grab a coffee so you could?

BarefootGirl - I'm glad you found the BSL Ladies! It really is a great place where you can say anything and feel anything, and its understood. I hope your stay is short!

Alright... lets get our other 2 graduates for December so we can start that BSL PG Thread!

to ALL! (I miss you Tear!)

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#73 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 PM

Soooo happy Liz! Those numbers sound FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I was waiting here all damn day yesterday waiting for some news, and when I finally went home, I fell asleep before I could check back- Congratulations!! What did your DH have to say about the numbers and the "real" test?

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#74 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 12:51 PM
LZP

Quote:
and Im jealous... I wish they would have done that for me with my son, I was so terrified of losing him too after having just had such a late miscarriage.
I insisted on the blood work. they were not very excited about me coming in for it in the first place. But, I just said, "I want it." and she was like, "well, then i guess you can come in." I took that as an open appointment, and left immediately to get there!

Quote:
Oh, LZP. Crying a couple very happy tears for you. So so happy to hear this news. And AWESOME that they're going to have you in to see about doubling time and perhaps an early ultrasound!

YAY for that first insem of your fruitful cycle! I dont know about the instead. It was always uncomfortable for me, so i dont know if it was worth it.. and obviously, it didnt work either. But I started using, because I had heard so many success stories! I agree with Nanette - if you have the time, try to just lay down for like 20 minutes or so... propped... that oughtta do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post
LZP - I'm so excited and happy for you!!! Those numbers sound very good!! YOU are my 3rd announcement. I knew another was coming!

AFM - This is the last cycle I've got to be pregnant before my due date. No pressure or anything! Waiting to O - on and off the fence if I want to temp just to O or not. Meh, not feeling it right now.
dont pressure yourself there, jess! It was a monumental cycle for me too.. and admittedly, the "breaking point." I hope you dont get to that point. if you and DH and DS can do something special during this month... in addition to any holiday traditions, to keep your mind off of it, would that help? I know you've been great about enjoying what you do have, so that shouldnt be a problem for you. it sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
LZP,
Wait for us!!!!!!!!! I hear you on joining the DDCs. It's a scary jump.

Hey so I've decided that I really love to see a temp spike after a dip in the TWW!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ca58
I've decided I love to see that too!!! I'm waiting over here <twiddle thumbs smiley>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post

LZP! - I'm so excited and happy for you! Yippee for high progesterone levels!

I wish you lots of this... :yawning and this... :Puke so you can know that the little bean and your body are making all the RIGHT super-strong hormones. Don't worry too much if you cramp - I cramped so much between week 5 and 6 it really freaked me out one evening!

And definitely go for the early u/s - it will put your mind so at ease to see a nice healthy . Again, I'm so happy for you and DH!

Alright... lets get our other 2 graduates for December so we can start that BSL PG Thread!

to ALL! (I miss you Tear!)
seems like we might have enough of us to start the thread, but it sure would be nice if we could all be there... thanks so much for the wishes for uke. I really want that. seriously. i get excited if i think i am queasy. alas, I'm not ... yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post

Soooo happy Liz! Those numbers sound FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I was waiting here all damn day yesterday waiting for some news, and when I finally went home, I fell asleep before I could check back- Congratulations!! What did your DH have to say about the numbers and the "real" test?
OMG< I was waiting all day too! thank you. DH was out when they called. so when he came back the first thing he asked was, "did they call?" like i wouldnt tell him if they did or something-ha! so, i said, looks like the numbers are high enough that we could get a "real" test now. He said, "well now we dont need one." like i was some kind of an idiot. hahahaha he cracks me up. so, yes, he was relieved too.

I still feel numb, like i am still preparing myself for "something else" to happen. this is much more anticlimactic than I imagined it would be. there should be bells, confetti, and some kind of a flashing sign saying, "everything is going to be perfect THIS TIME." wow, i just imagined a ticker parade, and it made me smile. not laugh like a hyena like YYYM, but smile.

OK, well off to get the 2nd round of bloods.

to all. lets not wait on pins and needles for this one... it could be Monday before I hear anything!!!

(is it OK if I still hang out here? it's so much safer than the other places...)

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#75 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

liz, i'm also curious abt dh's reaction to the test results! i had a happy dream abt you. =)

lyndzies, i hear mixed stuff abt the insteads. if you can hang out with your hips up for 20 min after insem, that would be good. you can put a cup in after that, if you'd like. that way most of it can go where it needs to, obstacle-free, and any stragglers after 20 min still have a shot w/the cup. i hear the keeper or diva or other cups worn low in the vag may be better than instead as they won't block the cervix.

nice chart, enigo!

jessica, sending you good vibes this cycle.

did i miss anyone? probably. sorry. im using my phone.

afm no longer feeling virus-y, still queasy and crying though. and my nipples are so sore. sigh. nervous that it is all meaningless yet again. only time will tell.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
#76 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

simultaneous post! =) and of course you can stay and post here. we'd miss you if you tried to leave.

#77 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Hey so I've decided that I really love to see a temp spike after a dip in the TWW!http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ca58
Nice!!! Me, too! Love that spike. , enigo!

YYYM - glad to hear you're not feeling sick anymore, and I don't think a lack of "symptoms" now that the virus is leaving you is any indication at all that you're NOT knocked up. I'm still sending positive energy into the universe for you!

jessica_s - I'm sorry you're feeling some pressure this month. I hope that you're able to not be too hard on yourself, but most of us here know how much easier said than done that is. Despite my best efforts, I can't help but visit the March DDC every so often to see "where I should be" if that little bean from June/July had stuck around. s

Evereyone - thanks for the feedback re: the cup. Insem #2 is scheduled for after work today. I usually do it at KD's house, but I think that, this time, I'm going to pick it up and make the mad dash home (if traffic in that direction doesn't look too crazy) so I can do it in the comfort of my bedroom for once, chill for 20-30 minutes before using the Instead Cup (if at all), and meditate a bit. Those last bits are hard to do in his grime-y bathroom. I'll still have tomorrow to do it the "right then and there" way, and am just feeling like the plan for today is the right one for some reason. I have "a feeling," if you will, and I tend to try not to ignore it when it happens. Lol. Plus, I find waiting 30 minutes or so is actually a bit better in terms of the stuff liquefying, believe it or not. Not surprising, since for SA, they ask you to get it to the lab w/in an hour, or, if the guy provides the sample at the lab, they wait for it to liquefy before doing tests.

Oh, and also! (this has nothing to do with anything, really) this month during the TWW, I'm going to try the tactic of saving a dollar for every time I resist the urge to POA $tree test and getting myself something small as a pat on the back once I get my BFP (or AF shows, but I'm trying not to think negatively!).

Hope everyone has a wonderful (and fertile) day! Still over the moon happy for LZP and now waiting anxiously for some more BFPs from you lovely ladies this month.

#78 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
LZP

well, i just got back from the MW's office. i didnt get bloodwork done. The MW told me to come in at 9:30 or 10 when we spoke last night. When I got there at 10, the office was EMPTY. yet, still, i waited like 35 minutes... and I could see the nurse who takes blood... she was NOT doing a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g for like 25 minutes.
then at 10:40 when i said, "I left work to come here, is there any chance that I might be seen soon?" the recep was like, "well, you're a squeeze in, so you'll be seen after the other patients who have appointments are seen." I was like, well, X told me to come in at this time, and she was like, well, yeah, but you were a "squeeze in. " at this point, the office is FULL of people again, and she is speaking loudly, like I am some kind of a moron who doesnt understand "first come first served."
then she tells me that there are a few appts ahead of me, plus a few teenagers who need their Depo shots, and that she has NO idea when i might be taken. but the place was empty when i arrived, and she just didnt tell the nurse I was there!!!!!! UGH. I tried to be nice, I really did. I didnt think it warranted that kind of an attitude...

so, i left after like 5 more minutes. another hour away from the office wasted.

needless to say, if this one sticks, we're finding a new care provider. I am accustomed to a higher standard of care.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#79 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
LZP

aaannnddd- off my selfish seat for a minute -

YYYM- I think the fact that the virus is gone is GREAT, especially given that you're still crying!!! Not that I want you to be sad, but perhaps the over-sensitivity is a sign.... ooh I hope I hope I hope!!!!

and Lyndz - your plan for tonight sounds great! I have read that keeping the sample warm, like tucked into the side of your bra, or in between the girls, is a good place to store it. It'd make for a gross mess if omsehting happened, but keeping it body temp is supposed to be good. and once you said "grimey bathroom," I decided for yuo that you shoudl always do this new plan... seriously. your baby wants to be conceived at home where you and DP will shower it with love and tenderness- and that's why you have that "feeling!". not surrounded by yucky boy mildew.

#80 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM

LZP - Ugh, how frustrating!!! I don't blame you for wanting to find another provided. That, my friend, is WHACK. Thumbs down!

Quote:
and Lyndz - your plan for tonight sounds great! I have read that keeping the sample warm, like tucked into the side of your bra, or in between the girls, is a good place to store it. It'd make for a gross mess if omsehting happened, but keeping it body temp is supposed to be good. and once you said "grimey bathroom," I decided for yuo that you shoudl always do this new plan... seriously. your baby wants to be conceived at home where you and DP will shower it with love and tenderness- and that's why you have that "feeling!". not surrounded by yucky boy mildew.
Lol. Yeah, the first month of "real trying" (read: trying when I was not having an annovulatory cycle) we did two at home, and one at his house. And we have no idea which one worked, but one of them did. Also, two w/out Instead, one with.

The thing about "always" picking it up and doing it at our home is that there is SO much stress involved surrounding GETTING it home. I know you're in PA... so maybe you understand the Schuylkill East, 676 East, 295 South, Walt Whitman, Ben Franklin, or any combination of the above at evening rush hour. It's SO stressful, in fact, that once I was convinced all the spermies had died in the hour and 15 it took me to get from his place in Northwest-ish Philly to my place in South Jersey. And although a grimey environment is probably no good for conception, neither is a stressed-out would-be mommy!!!

SO, that's the reason that we've deferred to doing it right away at his place... BUT!!! I've got to go with today's "feeling," methinks! Fingers crossed for an easy commute.

ETA: I usually just stick the (firmly sealed) tupperware cup down my pants and between my legs. That's where it's headed, so why not get the little guys feeling at home. LOL!

#81 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM

Lyndzie, I agree with Liz, no grimey bathrooms, I am soo pulling for you to conceive this time. It looks like a good trend on the BSL thread is happening (does that include me?? )

Liz, I am sorry about your treatment at the DR's office, you can definitely find better care than that. My NP told me that if I got preggo again I could have an early US, it would set my mind at ease. I will be soo lurking for the next few weeks to see. I hope you stik around, and I understand about the DDCs. I got too involved with both of mine and it was so hard when it didn't work out. I have a good feeling about you. Your numbers were great, and I just get that feeeling

YYYM, When will you test? I don't know if you already posted this.

My temp soared today. If I Od the timing would be perfect, and we will see if those psychics were correct I doubt FF will give me CHs because I started temping so late, ut I will know based on past charts. I don't know what I hope.

Whatever will be, already is...

#82 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Lyndzie, I agree with Liz, no grimey bathrooms, I am soo pulling for you to conceive this time. It looks like a good trend on the BSL thread is happening (does that include me?? )
That DEFINITELY includes you!

#83 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm going to try the tactic of saving a dollar for every time I resist the urge to POA $tree test and getting myself something small as a pat on the back once I get my BFP (or AF shows, but I'm trying not to think negatively!)
cute idea! also, your insem plan sounds totally solid. and i totally think you should just go with that feeling if you've got it! that you have lots of happy sperm hanging around to catch that egg.

Quote:
needless to say, if this one sticks, we're finding a new care provider. I am accustomed to a higher standard of care.
WOW. i would complain about that to someone, honestly. wtf?? and i totally agree that you should switch and find someone awesome from the get-go. i switched my care at 20 weeks, and it would have been nice to just start out with the group i switched to!

Quote:
YYYM- I think the fact that the virus is gone is GREAT, especially given that you're still crying!!! Not that I want you to be sad, but perhaps the over-sensitivity is a sign.... ooh I hope I hope I hope!!!!
well, FF just gave me a freaking 7 pts for early pregnancy signs, so who knows? that's the lowest i've ever gotten on that thing!

Quote:
I usually just stick the (firmly sealed) tupperware cup down my pants and between my legs. That's where it's headed, so why not get the little guys feeling at home. LOL!

Quote:
YYYM, When will you test? I don't know if you already posted this.

My temp soared today. If I Od the timing would be perfect, and we will see if those psychics were correct I doubt FF will give me CHs because I started temping so late, ut I will know based on past charts. I don't know what I hope.
tomorrow maybe? not sure tbh... i go between thinking i really really might be to thinking i definitely am not. and i knew that temp was gonna shoot up there!

afm my temps are so freaking steady! i mean, usually my chart looks like a bunch of Ms glued together by this point. i really thought i had my answer today when i had a bunch of brownish pinkish spotting and mild cramps. 5 minutes later, i felt the flow start, and by the time i headed to the bathroom there was nothing. no spotting, either. i do often get a bunch of "false starts" just before AF, as well as this type of spotting, so i'm not super hopeful, but i'm glad i'm not out!

#84 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 04:10 PM
LZP

Quote:
That, my friend, is WHACK. Thumbs down!
and THIS is why I love you. i got a great laugh from that.. makes me reminiscent of the days that I was a fan of Kris Kross. HAHAHA!

Quote:
The thing about "always" picking it up and doing it at our home is that there is SO much stress involved surrounding GETTING it home. I know you're in PA... so maybe you understand the Schuylkill East, 676 East, 295 South, Walt Whitman, Ben Franklin, or any combination of the above at evening rush hour. It's SO stressful, in fact, that once I was convinced all the spermies had died in the hour and 15 it took me to get from his place in Northwest-ish Philly to my place in South Jersey. And although a grimey environment is probably no good for conception, neither is a stressed-out would-be mommy!!!

SO, that's the reason that we've deferred to doing it right away at his place... BUT!!! I've got to go with today's "feeling," methinks! Fingers crossed for an easy commute.

ETA: I usually just stick the (firmly sealed) tupperware cup down my pants and between my legs. That's where it's headed, so why not get the little guys feeling at home. LOL!
firstly, this ^ is a great image. HA! but of course, it's a good temp, so probably a great idea.

secondly, Yes, I have a small panic attack any time i have to even think about taking anything that ends in "76" at rush hour. (except 476, heading north from Media- that's not so bad by like 6 PM) anywho... I geet it now- i forgot about that part of your ride!! But i think if totally "Fresh" you could really get at LEAST a good hour out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
WOW. i would complain about that to someone, honestly. wtf?? and i totally agree that you should switch and find someone awesome from the get-go. i switched my care at 20 weeks, and it would have been nice to just start out with the group i switched to!

well, FF just gave me a freaking 7 pts for early pregnancy signs, so who knows? that's the lowest i've ever gotten on that thing!
I love your chart. love it . also. i have only 8 pts now. so, take that all with well, not even a grain of salt. just ignore it really. the times i have had the post pts, I have (obviously) not been pg. last time, i might have had 41 or so.. but that didnt last. now I have EIGHT. I'd say you're coming in right where you should!

and, AFA the care, I just called another place that I've had my eye on, and I can already tell it will be BETTER. they were so nice even on the phone. I'd call and complain, but I dont know to whom I'd complain- it takes an act of congress (and 3 follow up calls from me) to get a midwife to call you back to even talk to someone!

Quote:
It looks like a good trend on the BSL thread is happening (does that include me?? )

YUP, totally includes you. and hopefully, the rest of the gals here too. seriously. it would be my dream come true. i wouldnt need a DDC, just the BSL Grad thread. brings tears to my eyes thinking of it..... aaah in a perfect world

#85 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

8 pts huh? FF is so silly.

so hey, can i move you to BFPs now? =)

#86 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 05:24 PM
LZP

hmmm. I guess you can move me for now. feels an aweful lot like.. I dont know what...
weird

update: I called a local birth center.. and they are SO SO SO much nicer. they were able to get us in for a tour on the 14th of Dec, and we have our 10 wk appt already scheduled. they were SO nice and accomodating. and they said it's good that i called, bc they are closed up to June already. SO NICE. it was unreal. I didnt feel like they thought they were doing me a favor by just answering the phone. maybe third time's a charm? I went from a standard OB practice (fired) to a MW practice that does hosp birth (fired today), to a BC MW practice... this feels better so far.

I wish I had done this more actively while we were TTC, since I had reservations about it from the first appt. it would have been SO much better, and could have kept me from crying in my car in my work parking lot this morning (after the terrible experience this am), while on the phone with my DH who couldnt do anything except say he was sorry...

#87 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 05:38 PM

Interesting...
"Your body temperature dips a bit just before your ovary releases an egg. Then, 24 hours after the egg's release, your temperature rises and stays up for several days."

I didn't realize it was fully 24 hours after O that your temp rose. I know once it rises you have Oed...

LZP,
It makes all the difference in the world when you trust the person at the MW office. After all they are going to be sharing the most important part of your life with your for at least 9 months, they should be someone you can feel good about. I hate when they treat you like just one more pregnant animal in the assembly line. You deserve better!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#88 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Interesting...
"Your body temperature dips a bit just before your ovary releases an egg. Then, 24 hours after the egg's release, your temperature rises and stays up for several days."

I didn't realize it was fully 24 hours after O that your temp rose. I know once it rises you have Oed...

LZP,
It makes all the difference in the world when you trust the person at the MW office. After all they are going to be sharing the most important part of your life with your for at least 9 months, they should be someone you can feel good about. I hate when they treat you like just one more pregnant animal in the assembly line. You deserve better!
its more of a within-but-not-longer-than 24 hours... rather than a set 24, that's more of the limit than the length. But it does help to explain some peoples charts.

#89 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
update: I called a local birth center.. and they are SO SO SO much nicer. they were able to get us in for a tour on the 14th of Dec, and we have our 10 wk appt already scheduled. they were SO nice and accomodating. and they said it's good that i called, bc they are closed up to June already. SO NICE. it was unreal. I didnt feel like they thought they were doing me a favor by just answering the phone. maybe third time's a charm? I went from a standard OB practice (fired) to a MW practice that does hosp birth (fired today), to a BC MW practice... this feels better so far.
I'm not sure where in PA you are... but have you considered/heard anything about Elmer in South Jersey? They are one of the few hospitals in the area that I can find that allow water birth (something I really am considering once it's time to make such decisions!) and have a sort of "birth center" like atmosphere (check out the pics of the rooms!). I'm going to take a tour as soon as I'm knocked up. Maybe sooner. Lol! There a birth center in DE that I'd love to be able to consider, but unfortunately I'm limited to NJ (or a state that will recognize our civil union) as far as giving birth. Don't want to take any chances of something happening to me and/or babe and her not being recognized as my spouse.

Glad you have already found somewhere you like better than your current practice!

#90 of 624 Old 12-02-2009, 07:31 PM
LZP

We're in the far-ish western suburbs of Phila... so it's a bit of a haul for us to get to S.Jersey it'd be about an hour for us at least-- going through the city, and then over the WW would be a bit too nerve wracking! I'm not a great passenger. (surprise!!!)

this place is close-ish for us, although not as close as the "assembly line" place (great GREAT term, enigo- that's totally how it was!!!) but I'd rather drive for good care than have a 5 minute drive and spend my time in the waiting room being ignored and insulted.

The one in DE I have heard mixed reviews about- and that's pretty close for us too. But, I'd rather just do it in our home state if possible, YK? So, DE wont recog your CU? that's not right. Will PA? I doubt it, Harrisburg is so Red no matter what anyone says.

OK, time to go for DH's birthday dinner!!!!
to all tonight.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page