* Bitter Sushi Ladies ~ December * - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Guys, help me stop obsessing! Come on Egggie! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ca58

Anywho...
Interestingly the memories of pain kind of fade after your baby is a year old or so. Nature's way of ensuring we want a second baby
DS was born in a birth center naturally, no pain medication. I agree with MP, labor was quite uncomfortable, but the real pain doesn't start until your whole body is basically trying to throw up a baby. I know that I would have been in less pain if I had known more what was going on. I was scared at the end. The MWs kept saying, "One more good push.." 30 "great" pushes and 2 hours later I was starting to panic.
He was nearly 10 pounds and I am a small boned person. Not that that matters, your body was made to have babies. (Now if we could just all get pregnant.)

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#122 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 PM

I think that did help some with mine progressing so well, my children were not all that large (both just under 8 pounds) and the worst complication I went through was the placental abruption... when I last spoke to my doctor about TTC (over a year ago now) she told me that I am a prime candidate in her eyes for a homebirth as long as I have a complication-free pregnancy. having a doctor (not a midwife or doula) say that was sort of amazing but as I always say, my doctors not just any doctor and if I could clone her I would send one to each of you.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#123 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 05:53 PM

My next will be a home birth. I remember worrying about what to wear for the birth. I didn't want my "naughty bits" hangin' out any more than they needed to be. Lemme tell you, when the transition starts it's every man ...er woman for herself. You wouldn't care if you were giving birth in a crowded mall.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#124 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 06:05 PM

Towards the end with DS I felt like the take-a-penny leave-a-penny jar, seemed everyone had had their hand in me.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#125 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Towards the end with DS I felt like the take-a-penny leave-a-penny jar, seemed everyone had had their hand in me.

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#126 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 06:21 PM

Afterwards it actually took a while for me to get back to the point where they are my privates again... after being on public display like that lol

But the same with my breasts, it took a good year after finishing breastfeeding for me to go back to looking at them as something sexual and not just my handy dandy baby bottles.

#127 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
It can't hurt to go in and ask questions right? I'll have lots of time to decide!
absolutely! really, what matters at the end is that you looked into some options and you chose the best one - not which one you chose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
I just had this convo with my DH last night, bc he said, "you'll get an epidural, right?" and I was like, Um, No. and he was SHOCKED! and said that since i am SO intolerant of pain, he thought I should/would get one. (well, that's a whole different story; i wont get an epi so HE's not uncomfortable seeing me in pain!)
you may want to check out the bradley method for birth classes. just based on your descriptions of your DH, it sounds like bradley might be useful for you guys. it certainly was awesome for us. my hubby has a really hard time seeing me deal with pain, plus he's super squeamish, and bradley was perfect. it really taught him so much about birth as well as what he could do, how he could be useful, rather than just standing there feeling terrible as i was in agony. it helped him be so hands-on and just understand why i was going through what i was going through and how he could help. having a doula was awesome as well and really provided the support HE needed to be a good partner. bradley classes and the doula were awesome for me as well, but i knew that would be the case. having that level of information, understanding, and instructions really decreased our fear of the unknown and helped us get through the process much more smoothly. /unsolicited advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
I'm thinking if I do go with MW- this is probably what I'd do. One of my biggest problems in the hospital were the pushy nurses. If I have a good MW that will stand up for what I want, then it will take some of the stress off of me re: having to tell them "no" to stuff.
<snip>
I think that possibly that had a lot to do with the pain with mine too- being induced. I was already 3CM, but had been for weeks, and he thought my BP was a little high (in reality thinking back, it was probably because it was convenient for him to schedule since he was on call that particular day )
re: the first part, at my hospital we had certain nurses who really loved working with the MWs (the ones who would get really psyched for being part of a natural birth), so they just gravitated towards each other. you know if you're working with a midwife it will be a little different than an OB, so you'll tend to get the more natural-minded nurses, or at the very least the ones who are used to natural-minded mamas who are gonna say no to stuff.

also, my cousin has been through 2 natural births - one induced, one not. her natural labor was difficult, of course, and certainly not comfortable - but the induced one was agony. she described it as a million times more painful and difficult and intense. pitocin and whatever other meds help induce labor are nothing like going into labor naturally. watch this clip if you haven't already; it explains it beautifully - especially that cartoon clip 1.5 min in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Okay! Trying to psych myself up! Time to make a baby!

I'm convinced tonight's the "money night" because I FINALLY saw some decent (i.e. not scant) EWCM among all the "leftovers" from yesterday. WOOHOOOOOOO!

Lol. I always feel like I have to throw myself a pep rally a couple hours before the last insem of a given cycle. It's the last chance I have to DO anything that may lead to a pregnancy.
haha YEAH! GO SPERM GO! and COME ON EGG! for that perfect, beautiful "spegg" to make you that perfect, beautiful baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post
The "pain" is TOTALLY DOABLE! In fact, if I had only one word to describe it I would use work. It is hard hard work. Labor! Fear is a powerful animal and we've been taught to fear labor and birthing our babies.
this is pain our body is made to deal with. dental surgery and such? not so much! but our bodies have been birthing babies for a long time and have all kinds of ways of helping us manage and work through the pain. and i agree that fear is quite a stumbling block!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
Guys, help me stop obsessing! Come on Egggie! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26ca58
WOWIE ZOWIE! man i wish i had a chart that lovely to look at; i'd probably be stroking the screen!

Quote:
luckily for me i was only checked twice! once when i came in, and i sort of didn't want to - she told me it was absolutely my choice and she would NOT do it if i didn't want. i didn't want her to because i knew i would cry if she said it was a low number, so i said she could check and then not tell me. she laughed and told me it was a great number, so i let her share it with me and it was 6! they say the first 6ish are the hard ones to get past, but the whole freaking thing was hard for me. the second time, i was fully dilated and she accidentally broke my water (man did she feel bad about that - but it felt AWESOME for me, such a relief of pressure), and i knew it wouldn't be too much longer... it took fricking THREE HOURS to get that kid out of my vagina. stubborn as a mule, that one.

Quote:
But the same with my breasts, it took a good year after finishing breastfeeding for me to go back to looking at them as something sexual and not just my handy dandy baby bottles.
well that's good to know. i feel like a fracking cow sometimes and don't feel any more sexuality attached to my boobs. i only "let" DH play with them if it increases the chances of me getting a good dose of semen.

afm my hopes are back up ladies. i hate doing this to myself; i far prefer (those few and far between) 2wws where i'm able to be mostly zen. i'm anti-zen this time, certifiably nutty really. but AF never came! i don't feel like AF *is* coming! i might only be 10 dpo - a temp dip and a BFN mean NOTHING! maybe i'm implanting today! i really don't know and really have to stop assuming. the only thing that will tell me is a positive test or a true temp drop accompanied by actual flow.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#128 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
well that's good to know. i feel like a fracking cow sometimes and don't feel any more sexuality attached to my boobs. i only "let" DH play with them if it increases the chances of me getting a good dose of semen.
My dad bought me a shirt with a cow on it while I was bfing my son. My reaction?

Yeah. That helps me feel better. Thanks Dad :P

#129 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 10:08 PM
LZP

Quote:
you may want to check out the bradley method for birth classes. -snip- it really taught him so much about birth as well as what he could do, how he could be useful, rather than just standing there feeling terrible as i was in agony. it helped him be so hands-on and just understand why i was going through what i was going through and how he could help. having a doula was awesome as well and really provided the support HE needed to be a good partner. bradley classes and the doula were awesome for me as well, but i knew that would be the case. having that level of information, understanding, and instructions really decreased our fear of the unknown and helped us get through the process much more smoothly. /unsolicited advice
that was totally AWESOME advice! the Bcenter offers a class, now i know to ask if it's bradley type or not. If it's not, there is one at the local hospital i think. we have soooooo much time.

Quote:
afm my hopes are back up ladies. i hate doing this to myself; i far prefer (those few and far between) 2wws where i'm able to be mostly zen. i'm anti-zen this time, certifiably nutty really. but AF never came! i don't feel like AF *is* coming! i might only be 10 dpo - a temp dip and a BFN mean NOTHING! maybe i'm implanting today! i really don't know and really have to stop assuming. the only thing that will tell me is a positive test or a true temp drop accompanied by actual flow.
OMG I LOVE THIS@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG- what if you are only 10 DPO- and that was implantation? wow. I will be on the edge of my seat here for a few days now!

I'm going back to watching my recorded episode of Glee... since DH is at a hockey game tonight

Oh- YAY possibly snow this weekend!! fun fun fun for seasonal decorating!
sorry, now i am just logorrheic.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#130 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 PM

Come on YYYM!

I tried Hypnobirthing with my son. Problem was it was all about relaxation and I got it with 2 weeks left to go. So I was stressed trying to read it in time. It has some really great info though.

#131 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 PM
LZP

Quote:
Problem was it was all about relaxation and I got it with 2 weeks left to go. So I was stressed trying to read it in time.
You're hilarious when you're not even trying!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#132 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
. Problem was it was all about relaxation and I got it with 2 weeks left to go. So I was stressed trying to read it in time. It has some really great info though.
L. O. L.

!!!!

AFM - Full of spem, chilled w/out the Instead for about 15 min (no leakage!!!), O'ed (!!!), put Instead in, and planning on another O before the night is out (!!!).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#133 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 11:26 PM
LZP

Lyndz- you're all set!!! YAY for a successful last insem. glad you were able to do it again at home this time, too!

#134 of 624 Old 12-03-2009, 11:26 PM

I was at the park yesterday and saw this lady and her son that I used to see there all the time. She was HUGELY pregnant! She had 2 weeks left. She either hid it very well last I saw her, or I just wasn't paying attention. I don't even know her name, just have seen her at the park over the past year or so.

Anyway she kept saying "You gotta have a sibling, look how nicely your son plays with all the other kids. Look, look loooooook."

I was like "Oh we're trying".

Her: "yeah yeah look how he's playing with that baby, look"

I swear I wanted to scream. "I see him already! good lord lady! leave me alone"

Obviously I couldn't kick her in her condition, but I'll get her in a couple weeks when the baby is out

Another friend who is 48 told me at the park today that her AF was late and he thought she was preg. I swear I'll burst....I will

#135 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
I swear I wanted to scream. "I see him already! good lord lady! leave me alone"

Obviously I couldn't kick her in her condition, but I'll get her in a couple weeks when the baby is out
The WORST of all time for me was when a member of my DH's family was going on and on about when are you going to have a baby la da da, he NEEDS a sibling, they will be so far apart in age (that's my sore spot). It was about 3 days after we found out the baby didn't have a hearbeat and I had not yet miscarried. I wanted to scream at her that I have a baby with no heartbeat inside of me are you fing happy now!?
Thankfully it's winter and all the family functions are in the summer, help me if I don't have something in the cooker by next summer.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#136 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 AM

I have the strangest feeling SIL-to-be is going to announce a pregnancy at Christmas. After all, her DH came home 2 months ago for a month after having been in Afghanistan for 6 months...

Ill be sorta sad if so, was hoping we could be preggers together. I like her lol.

I mean, yeah we are trying this month but, well, my intuition says I wont be having a 2010 baby.

#137 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 08:19 AM

is it possible to tell if I Od based on my lack of data? I am sure that my temps were low (in the 97s) before I started recording. Arg, I wish I had remembered to temp, time just flew away with me.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25415c

And

Whatever will be, already is...

#138 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
The WORST of all time for me was when a member of my DH's family was going on and on about when are you going to have a baby la da da, he NEEDS a sibling, they will be so far apart in age (that's my sore spot). It was about 3 days after we found out the baby didn't have a hearbeat and I had not yet miscarried. I wanted to scream at her that I have a baby with no heartbeat inside of me are you fing happy now!?
s This happened to me a couple times while I was in the middle of a miscarriage too. In my more zen moments I take it as a compliment that they think I did such a good job the first time. That's rare though. I have never told someone they needed to start having babies!

I also was concerned about having a sibling closer in age to DS. That ship has sailed and now I just want a healthy baby...soon though OK? At this point, if I were pregnant right now, they'd still be more than 4 years apart. I just realized while I was lying in bed this morning that we have bee trying for 15 months. When did the time go?

On the plus side, I had another....er sex dream. That only happens when I'm er...Gasp!

#139 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 10:47 AM

Ho. Li. Sh*t.

If my temp continues to go up for the next two days, FF will put my O at CD15 (i.e., yesterday, the day of the last insem).

Wow. Seriously? Could I really be so lucky as to have this cycle work out that way for me???? Or is it just because I don't have enough FP temps?

Just wow. C'mon progesterone!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#140 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 10:56 AM
LZP

Beloved- I might say that you O'd on CD13, but with that little bit of info, it's tough to be sure, like you said... it would be really nice timing though.... ! although, even if it was on CD14 that might be good...

and Lyndzies- I like that chart too! looks like you might be getting CHs sooner than you think.

AFM, people are carrying boxes right now to make room for the tree that we put in the front of the office. I just walked by them without offering to help, or offering an excuse. oops. I'm not admitting to my family- i'm sure not revealing at work.

I am excited that the weekend is here already. this week went more quickly than I expected, and that's always a treat. lots of work to do today though. eww.. work.

#141 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:
I wanted to scream at her that I have a baby with no heartbeat inside of me are you fing happy now!?
UGH. how horrible. i'm so sorry! why do people love to kick us when we're down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
is it possible to tell if I Od based on my lack of data?
i think based on previous charts as well as this chart it does look like you O'd - obviously we can't be 100% sure, and if you get any more chances to BD why the heck not, but it does look like you may have O'd indeed!

Quote:
On the plus side, I had another....er sex dream. That only happens when I'm er...Gasp!

Quote:
Wow. Seriously? Could I really be so lucky as to have this cycle work out that way for me???? Or is it just because I don't have enough FP temps?
ooooh i hope it means that egg decided to come out just in time for the sperm! (wow i wrote "term for the spime," wtf is wrong with me?)

afm temp is lower still, and i'm feeling like AF is totes on the way. again, not out till i'm out, but i've still got a cloth pad on so i'm ready when AF starts.

last chance at a summer 2010 baby, last chance at BFP before DD turns 2, last chance at BFP in 2009 - none of these are the hugest deal of course, but i'd be lying if i said i won't be disappointed.

however, i will not mind NOT being 39 weeks pregnant for that wedding, and i certainly will not mind having DD start preschool (next sept) before becoming a big sister. i did say before that if i got pregnant this cycle, it would be a most inconveniently-timed baby, but that i'd love to have that inconveniently-timed baby! however, if it doesn't happen, i will not mind that lack of inconvenient timing, at least.

i think i'll go back to vitex next cycle; my hormones seem to be on a much more even keel with the vitex even though i get such nicer CM with soy.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
#142 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 01:28 PM

8dpo, I think I'm going to go nuts....Too early to test, too early to compare.
I almost wish I had a non preg chart of my own to look at. I've been all over FF comparing my chart. The only other time I charted, I got pregnant. (and lost it, but you know)
Of course I can't really take any symptoms seriously since the last two pregs didn't last.
My newest symptom is that for the past couple days I have felt like AF was on the way. This happened the last two pregs.

Normally (If there is a normal anymore) I have no idea is coming until about an hour before.

Since I have already been pregnant twice this year at least the symptons are fresh in my mind

#143 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
people are carrying boxes right now to make room for the tree that we put in the front of the office. I just walked by them without offering to help, or offering an excuse. oops. I'm not admitting to my family- i'm sure not revealing at work.
You aren't required to give any excuse! I wouldn't have told, either (just walked on by, like you did!). Although, I would have been tempted to help because I LOVE HOLIDAY DECORATING!!!!!

Quote:
however, i will not mind NOT being 39 weeks pregnant for that wedding, and i certainly will not mind having DD start preschool (next sept) before becoming a big sister. i did say before that if i got pregnant this cycle, it would be a most inconveniently-timed baby, but that i'd love to have that inconveniently-timed baby! however, if it doesn't happen, i will not mind that lack of inconvenient timing, at least.
I have this internal dialogue w/ myself every month. It helps to remind myself of the (usually only a few) reasons why it would be fine (and sometimes BETTER) to have not gotten pregnant in a particular month.

... that said, in the back of my mind I always keep hoping against hope that it will work out, despite the inconveniences that might come along w/ a "not so perfect" timed pregnancy.

Here's hoping the pad stays clean!!!

Quote:
8dpo, I think I'm going to go nuts....Too early to test, too early to compare.
Ugh, I HATE days 5-10dpo. I feel like they're useless in terms of being able to obsess like a good obsesser should. Lol. Well... except for keeping an eye out for implant dips??

AFM - forgot to mention this morning (when I was obsessing over my temps) that there were TWO premonitions this morning!!!! I have to preface the premonitions with the fact that if we have a girl, we have been planning to name her Sophie after DPs grandma (we have been throwing around other ideas, but this has always been our top choice).
  • when I checked my inbox this morning, there was an offer from Mothering for a free "Sophie the Giraffe" if you ordered a subscription to Mothering using the promo code provided.
  • I was able to make an earlier bus this morning, which takes a route I'm not used to (since it's not an express) and I was napping (as usual) on the bus on the ride in. Occasionally I open my eyes to make sure I'm not missing my stop, etc... and when I opened them, we were passing by a cafe or salon or something called "Sophie's"

I couldn't ignore the premonitions, so I ordered a Mothering subscription. Did I just jinx myself? Lol!

#144 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Lyndzies

As for jinxing. Lemme just say....I WILL NOT join any of those online "Your baby is this far along" weekly emails. It sucks to have to edit them after a mc. Because the damn websites always say "Are you sure you want to delete "Little Johnny?" Arrrrggg!

#145 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Ho. Li. Sh*t.

If my temp continues to go up for the next two days, FF will put my O at CD15 (i.e., yesterday, the day of the last insem).

Just wow. C'mon progesterone!
hmmm.. even if it puts it at yesterday, with the cm and cp you have in today Id be more inclined to say O did not happen until today... (and honestly for either)

#146 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
hmmm.. even if it puts it at yesterday, with the cm and cp you have in today Id be more inclined to say O did not happen until today... (and honestly for either)
I guess perhaps... but every other cycle I do have at least 1 day of fertile CM after O.

Probably all wishful thinking in general. I really did not have as good of EWCM AT ALL so far this cycle. Scant, mostly. Weird. Hopefully I DO O this cycle. Now I'm getting myself into a paranoid state. The last two cycles I've convinced myself I was going to either O late or not at all.

I guess only time will tell!

#147 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

and i'm out. sigh.

lyndzies, don't stress that egg away. i conceived DD before i ever made any EWCM! i was living proof of scant. meanwhile this month i made textbook CM with great timing to no avail. you never know! :fingerx that you get 2 more high temps.

#148 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
and i'm out. sigh.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#149 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 PM
LZP

Quote:
and i'm out. sigh.
noooooooooooooooooo! hmph. nonono

#150 of 624 Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
and i'm out. sigh.

Damn. I was hoping for a double this month.

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page