* Bitter Sushi Ladies ~ December * - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the December Thread Ladies!!!!

Most of us are former TTC 6+ Month ladies. And at this point, many of us are at or past 12 months, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well... we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care . And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw . This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many... but we just can't get "it" right. So this is where we can "be together", share and express anything.

Some of us have gotten a little quieter lately... there is only so much you can post in the "I want to be PG, but I'm not" category. However we are here in spirit and most likely LURKING!

~Current Bitter Sushi Ladies~

JustKiya - Married to my darling DH for 5.5 years, TTC#1 since March 2007, diagnosed with PCOS in 06/08, on Metformin since, one CP.

KellyTTC#1 - TTC#1 since June 2007. Currently hoping and waiting for IUI#2.

ladyjools - I'm a 25 year old Scottish girl with DH for nearly 6 years and TTC for 5. We lost our baby boy, Samson, at 16 weeks in July and are now TTC again.

Rhiannon09 - Writer and grad student. Trying for rainbow offspring #1 since 1/08 with DP. Miscarriages in 5/08, 3/09, and 7/09. Recent BFP and very much hoping for a happy and healthy little one in June 2010.

Tear78 - 31 year old elementary school teacher. Married to hubby since 2006. Love camping, fishing, reading, and working in the yard at our beautiful new tiny little home. TTC #1 since May 2008, m/c 12/08 and 2/09. Seeking medical help and trying to remember when hope was strong and healthy.

enigo - TTC #2 with DS (06/06), mc 2/09 & mc 10/09.

Court - TTC #3 (dh's #1) since 08/08, Madly in love with dh and my boys and raising our family in the Pacific Northwest. Tried 2 iui's, decided to try naturally, against all odds, with male factor for awhile, until moving onto IVF in the distant future.

kparker - Waiting to be Ready. TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, now on a "pause". After job and insurance issues are resolved, hoping to move onto very successful IUI or IVF cycles next year.

jessica_s - Currently TTC #2 since 10/08, m/c 5/09. I've got 23 fertility friend charts, two angels, and one awesome little boy.

Grahnola Mum - Loving our wonderful family of me, DH and DD (12/07). TTC #2 since 11/08 with four losses.

BelovedK - Mama of 2 (14yo DS, 9yo DD). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in Central VA. TTC someone new since November 2008, m/c 7/09. An avid bellydancer, and firedancer, who works part time doing hair, and who is giving her loving energy nowadays more toward her DH than TTC.

Nanette56 - Married for 7 years to DH, DS (5) with two dogs, two cats, two horses and a bunch of fish. TTC #2!

MaerynPearl - Mommy to DS 6 and DD 4, m/c 02/02. Currently TTC our first with DF who is finally home from Iraq - 1 last try pre-wedding!

kel32brown - KelliSue, upstate NY mama, warmly married to FarmBoy and raising 5 little ones.

Carlyle - Our resident lurker... Tear's big sister, mama to Nell, and TTC #2 after a loss.

YummyYumYumMama - Muffin, wife to DH since 8/06, mama to DD born 12/07. TTC #2 since 3/09. Back with us after a break!

*Christel* - TTC with DH for two years and two months. Trying Clomid.

Lyndzies - TTC #1 with DP after early m/c 6/09.

BarefootGirl - TTC using Clomid to combat anovulatory cycles, m/c at 5 weeks 11/09.

aidanraynesmom - TTC with "Coastie" DH for 14 months - 5 cycles due to military/timing!

Schae - wife to T and mama to Luka. m/c in 2007. TTC #2 with PCOS since 3/09, 2 m/c in 2009.

Apricot - married 10 years, homebirth midwife, TTC since 11/08, m/c 4/09 and ectopic 12/09. Waiting 6 months to try again to allow my tube to heal.

Recent BFPs!
Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick....

jillc512 - TTC #3 since 9/08, due 5/1/10.
Jelinifer - TTC #1 since 12/08, due 5/8/10.
starkyld - TTC #1 since January 2008, due 5/22/10.
Pinoikoi - TTC #5 for 6 months, due 6/21/10.
Lisko15 - TTC #1 (or #3) for 14 months, due 6/26/10.
Praying4Baby- TTC #1 for 11 months, due 7/1/10.
colorbywords - TTC #1 for 13 months, due 8/10.
LZP - TTC #1 for 17 months, due 8/10/10.

Our Happy Graduates (from the 6+ Thread)

minsca - Seth ~ born 10/20/09 ~ 6 lbs 10 oz
KaliShanti - Zion Merciful ~ born 11/22/09 ~ 7 lbs 11 oz
Lauren 31 - after 15 months - due 02/08/10
Valid28 - after 9 months - due 02/04/10
Mrs_Lurker - after 14 months - due 2/14/10

Check in with us when you can Ladies!

And MrsTC We are thinking of you and hope all is well. PM one of us if you can!

Check out last month's thread here.

(Please let me know if your first page blurb needs to be updated in anyway. As well, new ladies are welcome, but please join with care.)

~~

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#2 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 02:18 PM

Yay new thread!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 02:31 PM
LZP

Thanks for the new thread, YYYM!
kparker- I was wondering the same thing that someone else said- is he maybe saying he doesnt want kids, bc he is sad that you two are struggling? And if he says he doesnt want it, then the whole process won't hurt as much?
just my thought about it, based on what you described. Men often just shut out the bad feelings instead of dealing with them. I hope that you two can communicate and get back to a good place.

Tear - thanks for the updates on the graduates, it gives so hope... and EWW for your report cards. hope the work goes quickly and you can enjoy the end of your long weekend!

to everyone else! sorry i didnt do more personals, i'm not great at remembering from the other thread!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#4 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

you can multi-quote all the messages you want to reply to in the november thread, then open the december thread in a new tab/window and hit reply, and it will say right under the textbox that you have X posts selected in another thread with the option to quote or de-select those posts. hit quote, and boom, all your quotes will appear in this thread. it took me forever to learn this, so sorry if you already knew, but that has totally helped me when shifting to a new thread!

okay so i said in the other thread that i'd "afm" in this post, so here it is. i am 6-8 dpo (as i've mentioned, temps & CM/+OPK don't correlate - trying to mentally think 6 so i don't test early) and feeling pretty normal for being post-O... tired and pukey! so not cool that i've been having that during my LP every month all freaking year. freakin' body. i'm having weird sensations of my uterus getting really firm and hard, like a uterine contraction, and i am totally obsessing over it. oh, i'm also having a weird decreased appetite thing, but i THINK this may have started before O so i don't think it means anything. also, my chart already looks more like my non-pregnant charts than the pregnant one, so i am obsessing over that as well. i just want to get a couple reassuring-looking temps in a row and then put the thermometer away and stop overthinking it. SIGH. i knew i was going to be too hopeful about this cycle.

anyway, things in general are pretty good. i hope you all had a good thanksgiving. we did! we just got back last night and it feels good to be home. i'm looking forward to december. what with DD's birthday, DH's family celebrates both christmas and chanukah (my family celebrates neither), and the fact that we'll be seeing a whole bunch of my family (uncle, cousins, brother, and more!) at the end of the month, it's going to be a very packed but very fun month.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
#5 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
yso not cool that i've been having that during my LP every month all freaking year. freakin' body. i'm having weird sensations of my uterus getting really firm and hard, like a uterine contraction, and i am totally obsessing over it. oh, i'm also having a weird decreased appetite thing, but i THINK this may have started before O so i don't think it means anything. also, my chart already looks more like my non-pregnant charts than the pregnant one, so i am obsessing over that as well. i just want to get a couple reassuring-looking temps in a row and then put the thermometer away and stop overthinking it. SIGH. i knew i was going to be too hopeful about this cycle.
I think you need to stop temping after you confirm O. I know, I know, easier said then done. When I first learned I was pregnant, literally the only signs I had was that I liked Red wine more then white wine and white wine tasted like poop. Also, I was hotter then ever before... not much other signs until AFTER my BFP at 13 or 14dpo. Also, I had a BFN at 11 and 12 dpo, so no TESTING early!!! I also had a yeast infection but I was battling that since about O anyways.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#6 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I think you need to stop temping after you confirm O. I know, I know, easier said then done. When I first learned I was pregnant, literally the only signs I had was that I liked Red wine more then white wine and white wine tasted like poop. Also, I was hotter then ever before... not much other signs until AFTER my BFP at 13 or 14dpo. Also, I had a BFN at 11 and 12 dpo, so no TESTING early!!! I also had a yeast infection but I was battling that since about O anyways.
lol didn't you keep temping for a couple weeks after your BFP too? And we all sat here yelling at you to stop :P

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 05:51 PM

YYYM -Thanks!! I was really hopeful with all the spotting and hten worried about anovulatory cycles.. anyway!!

Thanks everyone! I'd feel much better if i could stop spotting though!

I'll probably continue to lurk in here.. you all don't know me well, but I've been hanging out on this thread for a few months and feel invested in all of you!
#8 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
lol didn't you keep temping for a couple weeks after your BFP too? And we all sat here yelling at you to stop :P
yes, that is why I said it's hard . I temped for about three weeks afterwards... hahaha

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#9 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 06:03 PM

DH wanted to DTD this afternoon, I am 3dpo. I swear I'm supposed to be on break now!
I relented even though I haven't been telling him when it is time to do it, I would assume since he knows I just made him perform 2 days in a row (Whew!) that he would know something was up. I just don't want him to feel like a sperm donor so I gave in.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#10 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 08:41 PM

colorbywords - Sticky sticky baby dust to ya lady!

YYYM - thank you for the new thread! IKWYM about feeling every little thing in your body in the 2ww. I'm not sure if it's better or worse when you've got a ton of charts to compare.

engio - just for fun is good for ya!

I can't remember who asked me about the FB BFP announcement. I assume she was late because she wasn't trying but yes she said I'm Pregnant and then 2 days later said.. uh I read the test wrong. That's the second person who has posted a BFP without waiting for the pee to dry on the stick. Also the second person who's probably regretted doing so. :/

AFM- Well AF showed up for real last Wednesday. My LP is ranging between 11-13 days, so that's a little worrisome. I've got to call back about my thyroid stuff and DH WILL get his SA this week. He's managed to put it off for an entire cycle.
On a non TTC note we put up lights outside today and got our tree. It smells divine! My child is in the bathroom laughing and spraying water all over the place so I better go. Totally worth every high water bill!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#11 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 09:00 PM

If I check FF again, will it say I'm pregnant yet? Gawww 3dpo! Still? It's said that allll day.

At least everything is headed in the right direction. Egg...check. DTD on the right days...check. Now to wait. again...

Yeah I suppose DTD is supposed to be fun, but I think it quit being for fun when I started this mess over a year ago.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#12 of 624 Old 11-29-2009, 11:53 PM

He has had the sterile diagnosis since fall of 2007. We came to terms with it and had all our surgery/IUI/IVF plans ready for when insurance and $ allowed... it was only after this trip where he was actually around a child that changed it all.

I talked to my MIL today about it. She agreed with me that if he did change his mind, and is going to stick to it, then she won't blame me for following my dreams. Damn, I love my MIL I think I'd be more sad than anything to lose my inlaws.

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#13 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 AM

Thank you for the new thread YYYM, and mostly, thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words at the end of November's thread.

enigo - I am always expecting FF to tell me something new and exciting every day, hour, and minute of the TWW, but it never does!!! Grrrrr! Why can't FF be more clairvoyant???

AFM - I'm bummed I feel the need to be here, but blessed to be surrounded by people who "get it."

I took a nice TTC break over Thanksgiving... although all my SIL wanted to talk about was TTC, it was actually refreshing because we were talking about HER TTC, instead of me. I didn't temp at all, and for the most part didn't stress about much of anything... just enjoyed playing with my nieces and nephew (8yrs, 6mos, and 2 1/2yrs, respectively) and spent some long-overdue time hanging out with family and friends.

Now back to reality. I'm so "meh" about TTC this cycle. My KD can't donate on expected O or O-1 this month, so we're doing O-4, O-3, and O-2 (i.e. Tuesday - Thursday this week) so I'm already feeling hopeless about this cycle being "it." But maybe feeling defeated before we even start insems will make the TWW less torturous. Lol.

Also, some weirdness today.... lots of brown/red-brown spotting today. VERY non-normal for me. Why oh why can't my body just be it's regular, predictable self?

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#14 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 AM

I am still lurking

We "accidentally" BD last night and I had a temp drop. Time had flown (I wasn't keeping track), and I have fertile CM, but what are the odds thAt I would conceive now that we are in the position that we are in? (we also BD the night before, and the day before that

Whatever will be, already is...

#15 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
okay so i said in the other thread that i'd "afm" in this post, so here it is. i am 6-8 dpo (as i've mentioned, temps & CM/+OPK don't correlate - trying to mentally think 6 so i don't test early) and feeling pretty normal for being post-O... tired and pukey! so not cool that i've been having that during my LP every month all freaking year. freakin' body. i'm having weird sensations of my uterus getting really firm and hard, like a uterine contraction, and i am totally obsessing over it. oh, i'm also having a weird decreased appetite thing, but i THINK this may have started before O so i don't think it means anything. also, my chart already looks more like my non-pregnant charts than the pregnant one, so i am obsessing over that as well. i just want to get a couple reassuring-looking temps in a row and then put the thermometer away and stop overthinking it. SIGH. i knew i was going to be too hopeful about this cycle.
Thanks for the new thread!!!
And hey those all sound like great symptoms! And look at the bright side, you're having them POST O. Everytime I get anything that feels like a pregnancy symptom, it's like right before O No pressure, but when are you testing?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorbywords View Post
YYYM -Thanks!! I was really hopeful with all the spotting and then worried about anovulatory cycles.. anyway!!

Thanks everyone! I'd feel much better if i could stop spotting though!

I'll probably continue to lurk in here.. you all don't know me well, but I've been hanging out on this thread for a few months and feel invested in all of you!
What wonderful news! CONGRATS! STICKY VIBES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post
DH wanted to DTD this afternoon, I am 3dpo. I swear I'm supposed to be on break now!
I relented even though I haven't been telling him when it is time to do it, I would assume since he knows I just made him perform 2 days in a row (Whew!) that he would know something was up. I just don't want him to feel like a sperm donor so I gave in.
They only want it when we don't need it. They just "know." I think the frequency with which we ask for it when we're fertile makes it that much more difficult for them to go for more than a couple days without- which sucks, because it's then that we need a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post

AFM- Well AF showed up for real last Wednesday. My LP is ranging between 11-13 days, so that's a little worrisome. I've got to call back about my thyroid stuff and DH WILL get his SA this week. He's managed to put it off for an entire cycle.
On a non TTC note we put up lights outside today and got our tree. It smells divine! My child is in the bathroom laughing and spraying water all over the place so I better go. Totally worth every high water bill!
I have a friend IRL that went to her first appointment with the RE. She told her DH that all he'd have to do was hold her hand (he was deathly afraid of the SA for some reason) and the doctor said- hey while you're here, why don't you do an SA- he couldn't very well refuse, so he did it She really had no idea the doc would do that, but it was funny all the same! I hope you get some good news soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
He has had the sterile diagnosis since fall of 2007. We came to terms with it and had all our surgery/IUI/IVF plans ready for when insurance and $ allowed... it was only after this trip where he was actually around a child that changed it all.

I talked to my MIL today about it. She agreed with me that if he did change his mind, and is going to stick to it, then she won't blame me for following my dreams. Damn, I love my MIL I think I'd be more sad than anything to lose my inlaws.
He changed his mind completely about the whole thing? TTC is hard enough as it is with support from your DH, I couldn't imagine doing it without the support. It must be so hard Here's a great big You're in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post

AFM - I'm bummed I feel the need to be here, but blessed to be surrounded by people who "get it."

I took a nice TTC break over Thanksgiving... although all my SIL wanted to talk about was TTC, it was actually refreshing because we were talking about HER TTC, instead of me. I didn't temp at all, and for the most part didn't stress about much of anything... just enjoyed playing with my nieces and nephew (8yrs, 6mos, and 2 1/2yrs, respectively) and spent some long-overdue time hanging out with family and friends.

Now back to reality. I'm so "meh" about TTC this cycle. My KD can't donate on expected O or O-1 this month, so we're doing O-4, O-3, and O-2 (i.e. Tuesday - Thursday this week) so I'm already feeling hopeless about this cycle being "it." But maybe feeling defeated before we even start insems will make the TWW less torturous. Lol.

Also, some weirdness today.... lots of brown/red-brown spotting today. VERY non-normal for me. Why oh why can't my body just be it's regular, predictable self?
You know (having been here for a while) that O-4, O-3 AND O-2 can get you pregnant just as easily as O-1 and O But I know that "Dammit I missed my window" feeling happens to all of us, even though sensibly you know you REALLY haven't. Hope this is your month Lyndzies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
I am still lurking

We "accidentally" BD last night and I had a temp drop. Time had flown (I wasn't keeping track), and I have fertile CM, but what are the odds thAt I would conceive now that we are in the position that we are in? (we also BD the night before, and the day before that
OOOOOOHHHH!

AFM- Today's test day. Have that HSG at 1pm EST. I'll drop in to let everyone know the verdict. My F/U with my own RE is this coming Monday, so the next week will be a week of answers. Finally. Anyway, have a great Monday everyone!! xoxoxoxo

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#16 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the new thred, YYYM!!!!

Congrats colorbywords!!!!

AFM - had a horrid, amazingly bad, totally ugly CD1. And now, I'm back on my usual, level keel. Hormones are a mug. And, we had an utterly fabulous Thanksgiving, too. I'm gonna be on lurkeriffic status for a while, methinks. *nod*

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#17 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
LZP

Nanette- I can't wait to hear the updates rom your appt today and next week. I really hope you get some great answers, and that the HSG clears out the "pipes" today!

YYYM- I think those are all good signs. and although you DO have them during your LP usually, i think this might be "the" time! Maybe we can go over to that Aug DDC together?

Tear- i hope you made it out of Report Card He!l alive last night! check in and let us know how you're doing otherwise, mama, even though you're "lurking" only. And, tell Carlyle we say hi too- I'm thinking of her!

Kiya, good to see you back to your normal self. ! that AF can really make us not our best selves.

Lyndzies, i have to agree, that while the timing might not make you feel that optimistic for next month, those are still great days to insem. and will totally still lead to a BFP.

Jess- I was the one asking about the FB announcements. Now, on one hand, i feel bad for those girls who might have been embarassed, but on the other hand... come one! making that announcement to everyone you know the second you find out?! maybe it will teach any others who might have been tempted.

AFM, I was waiting to say anything until I knew something for sure... but can't keep it in any longer. This morning I called the MW to get some blood work done for betas later today. I am still in a little bit of shock, and a LOT of disbelief, esp since I took only 2 ICs yesterday, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. There was definitely a line, darker on the second one, but still quite faint. I am only 13dpo today, and as you all know, i pretend to be able to hold out, but totally couldnt. i am having some cramping, which now i cant remember if it's normal for me pre-af or not... and some weird twinges, which I always have anyway. other than that, no symps at all... i dont even know what brought me to test, except that I'm compulsive.
I am still waiting for a call back, bc they "Dont normally do a quant unless you are miscarrying" according to the girl who answered the phone. well, thanks for being so sensitive... so I told them, "I have a history of loss" so hopefully, a MW will call me back and i can go in this afternoon. I've been waiting 2 hours for a call back, and it feels like an eternity.

I know this news might sting a bit... i was unsure whether I should even say anything until it was "official" in 3 days or so, after 2 rounds of betas. But, the pessimist in me couldnt help but think how sad i'd be if it didnt work out, and how much I'd need you all to lean on. (so selfish, yes, I know.)

lurking in the August DDC I realized that already i won't really fit in. I might have to wait until things progress further until i officially join, since my optimism is not really all there. Right now it doesnt feel real, and I just can't get to that place yet...

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#18 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
I know this news might sting a bit... i was unsure whether I should even say anything until it was "official" in 3 days or so, after 2 rounds of betas. But, the pessimist in me couldnt help but think how sad i'd be if it didnt work out, and how much I'd need you all to lean on. (so selfish, yes, I know.)

lurking in the August DDC I realized that already i won't really fit in. I might have to wait until things progress further until i officially join, since my optimism is not really all there. Right now it doesnt feel real, and I just can't get to that place yet...
What news would sting? A BFP? Any woman that posts in this thread deserves one!

As for cramping, that could be a GOOD sign. and will reserve until you are ready to.

#19 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 01:54 PM

Nanette and LZP - Thanks so much for your votes of confidence regarding my potential timing woes this month. I guess I just have prided myself in my timing, and am SOOOO type A... it just frosts my gizzard when things can't be "perfect." But I know that I've got a good chance still. Maybe a girl chance? Lol.

LZP - I am so so so cautiously optimistic for you!!! Please let us know the results! Even though I'm new here, it seems as though we're here to support each other in our tough times AND happy times (and, positive (lol, pun intended) news from people who have been trying for some time or have been struggling TTC keeps my TTChopes alive, personally). So, no jumpers from me yet since you aren't feeling it, but a HUGE and !

Oh, and I know what you mean about the August DDC. I've been lurking there, too (I'd just make it in under the wire *if* things work out this cycle.... wishful thinking).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#20 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 02:03 PM
LZP

Aww, thanks girls! Mae, I just meant, I know we all have wanted this so badly, and while we're all here to support each other, we all want it for ourselves, as much as we want for each other. so, it might be bittersweet for some. I have complete faith in my girlies here to be supportive and you all for it eternally!!!

Lyndzies- you could and WILL totally slide into the August DDC this time around... and I think Nanette, Tear, enigo and YYYM could make it in too, if I'm not mistaken.

sorry I dont know anyone else's cycles off the top of my head at the moment.. usually i try to catch up on where you all are in the morning.

still just being cautious here. I called the MW office again (yup, already a freaker-outer) just to make sure they hadmy message- and supposedly, I'll get a call before lunch. (uh oh, i forgot to ask her to specify what time lunch was! ha!) I hope i get to go over there today, and can have results in the morning., I dont really want to drive all the way to the REs office that is like 45 min away. but that might be better than just sitting here obsessing, right?

#21 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 PM

notsosecretly for a September DDC for me here....

Obsessing over this right now: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...1130091058.jpg

was on the back of my 50 test package from saveontests.com

AAAAAND

if we get lucky

a certain lovely lady's tarot card reading of me which stated Sept./number 9 would be correct!

#22 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
LZP

I'm notsosecretly hoping fot you too, Mae... well, now it's really not a secret!

hmmm... could that be a sign, Mae?????

#23 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 PM

I hope so! DF notsosecretly wants a boy. I know he would adore a girl (to be honest he wants one of each... and I know a daughter would be a daddies girl, but he IS hoping for a boy first)

#24 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:

if we get lucky

a certain lovely lady's tarot card reading of me which stated Sept./number 9 would be correct!
I hope it to be so!!!

#25 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 03:08 PM

LZP for you! I hope you're able to get in today!

colorbywords, CONGRATULATIONS!

afm: continuing to stalk you ladies! I just put in a movie for the kids so I can take a nap -- I was up most of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights at a birth with a doula client (yes, just one birth). She FINALLY had her baby and I am so looking forward to climbing back in bed.

Jill, wife to J, mama to O (10/03), MK (7/05), angel1.gif(7/09), A (5/4/10), and ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-suprise.gif** 

#26 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

lauren, i am so an early tester! i do think i need to give temping a rest in some way though. i stopped temping pretty soon after i got my BFP with DD, but i wasn't trying at the time. although still very obsessive.

enigo, i totally feel you on that "aren't i off duty now?" feeling as well as the "COME ON FF TELL ME SOMETHING NEW" feeling. ever since i got a phone with a web browser, i have spent far too much time checking FF.

lyndzies, glad you had a good break. i conceived my DD 3 days before O, but even so i get really frustrated if we don't DTD as close to O as possible. so i'd be frustrated too, but just remember that it doesn't mean it won't happen! i have had quite a few cycles with great timing, and meanwhile the only time i got pregnant we DTD 3 days before O. so silly.

beloved... hoping for a temp spike from you to show that you did O! bwahahaha!

nanette, i might test tomorrow. it's 7 dpo by temps, but i don't trust those because i really did a piss poor job of temping this cycle. 9 dpo by OPK, so i might start testing tomorrow each day until i know one way or another. hoping you get some good answers in the coming week!

kiya, sorry AF has been so rough on you. we'll still be here when you come out of lurkdom!

jill, get some rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
AFM, I was waiting to say anything until I knew something for sure... but can't keep it in any longer. This morning I called the MW to get some blood work done for betas later today. I am still in a little bit of shock, and a LOT of disbelief, esp since I took only 2 ICs yesterday, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. There was definitely a line, darker on the second one, but still quite faint. I am only 13dpo today, and as you all know, i pretend to be able to hold out, but totally couldnt. i am having some cramping, which now i cant remember if it's normal for me pre-af or not... and some weird twinges, which I always have anyway. other than that, no symps at all... i dont even know what brought me to test, except that I'm compulsive.
OH MY GOSH! i cannot wait to hear more. fingers crossed tight and sending the super awesomest, healthiest vibes. show pics of your test!!!! can't wait to hear updates from you. hopefully some of us can join you in that august DDC and make it feel more like home! also i had lots of pre-AF cramping with DD, so much so that i got drunk out of my mind at 10 dpo since i "knew" AF was coming. whoops! i hope you get in for that beta ASAP. and it shows that the practice is hands-off, which is not all a bad thing, if they don't typically do betas unless something is wrong - neither does my MW group. but this meant i was spared a lot of unnecessary testing in general, through pregnancy and birth. i usually get betas done by my PCP, actually, because she is more medically-minded!

Quote:
What news would sting? A BFP? Any woman that posts in this thread deserves one!
: and also i saw you'd moved in the ONE thread (which i fail at keeping up with). can't wait for you to join a fall DDC with DF. wooo!

afm 7-9 dpo, nothing interesting going on. i have a bad cold and think i might give up temping since i never get 3 hours beforehand and often end up talking before temping. plus, the heat has been on the fritz so the bedroom is cold in the morning, and DD has been trying to "help" each time i temp, so why do i keep doing this? then i get really bummed about my temps. no real symptoms, though. as i said above i might test tomorrow, but it depends on how i feel. i was planning to start on thursday, originally, but i might be too much of an obsesser/tester to wait without going bonkers.

#27 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 PM

LIZ- OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!! And how dare you say it might sting!? You deserve it girl! It's going to be a sticky one, I just know it I want to post a jumper sooooo bad! argggghhh.. Post as soon as you hear back from the MW re a beta: If you want to spend $40.00 you can order the BETA online, and have it done at lab corps. Lemme know and I'll post the address (I've never done THAT before )

AIIIIEEE. I'm so excited! You just totally made my day. I know I'm supposed to be "conservatively" happy. But I can't help it. I'm happier for you than I would ever be for me!!!

When you gonna tell DH? And how?

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#28 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM

LZP Wooooooooo!

Read with care, I'm grouchy.
Man, I swear I am just so "irritable" today (That's the best FF had to offer). It's actually more like rage. My son has been ....er.. special today (running from the juice bar to outside in the parking lot at Whole Foods, throwing a fit at the counter for a toy he already has...sigh)
I was, I thought, very composed. The teenage girls at the counter were in shock. (They'll put off having kids for an extra 10 years now) Still, I was so angry inside, I was just trying to take deep breaths. While he was screaming about the toy, I wanted to bang his head on the counter! (I would never do that, but I think it!)
Usually when he behaves obnoxiously, I talk him down. Today I wanted to cry.

Oh wait it gets better...There is a lady there I used to work with a long time ago at Whole Foods. She is a licensed nutritionist and had talked to me about Progesterone cream. Nicest lady in the world. Last I talked to her she knew I was TTC again after having the mc in Feb. So I had JUST retrieved DS from outside when he had bolted outside and I was almost in tears. When I came around the corner, there she was. "Oh Hi, are congratulations in order? Did you get pregnant yet?"
Yeah great...thanks kick me when I'm down. I told her yes, but I lost that one too. At this time, my son is on the floor and she is probably wondering why I wopuld possibly want another one. (So was I). She was trying to show me a book when I told her I'd have to talk to her later because DS was gone again. At least it got me out of an uncomfortable situation.

I KNEW I should have taken him to the park rather than shopping today.

Anyhooo, I'm still cranky, and even though I am only 4dpo, I had this thought as I was trying to get my son down for a nap..."Wow! I haven't been this irritable since I was pregnant last time"...then it hit me, gasp!

#29 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 05:03 PM

LIZ!!! You know I am soooo rooting for you (I tolld you sooo!!) In my tarot reading, the number I got was 10 though, close . I knew you would conceive

I don't know how I would feel about a temp spike. I can't believe I have been so careless. BDing has been (ahem) pretty fun lots of fertile CM, BUT I was thinking it was too early to O Today's temp is pretty down there, but there is nothing to compare it to. This is around where I sometimes O though. Bets anyone?
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25415c
I will remind that the psychics told me that late November would be the crucial time in conceiving this child 3 of them saw for me 3!!) I assumed it was when I found out. Maybe it is conception. I don't know. I always come around in my 2ww to obsess even though my situation has changed.

I looked again, I know there is no chance. I have a temp drop every month around now. I really should temp earlier (but I forget

#30 of 624 Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM

LZP!! I hope since your not posting you got to go in!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page