December Obsess and Test - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I say test with the expectation of a potential BFN but onyl because it COULD be early and not because you aren't pg! Almost like a practice or test run to teh real thing to get it out of your system?

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#302 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 04:49 PM

Nothing like taking a $6 pee. Oh well. Shoulda listened to Mae.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#303 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 05:10 PM

omg pee already! you bought 3 so you could "obsess and test" anyways... Mae told me to test on 10DPO lol so you should be in the clear

Oh poo I see I'm too late.... well hope tomorrow gives better results!

Mama to a zoo!
#304 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnquia View Post
omg pee already! you bought 3 so you could "obsess and test" anyways... Mae told me to test on 10DPO lol so you should be in the clear
Lol. Check the post below yours, silly.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#305 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnquia View Post
Mae told me to test on 10DPO lol so you should be in the clear
With FMU not mid-day urine :P

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#306 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
With FMU not mid-day urine :P
FWIW, I got stronger BFPs mid-day than FMU during my pg cycle.

And I also only get +opks in the AM. Go figure!

Anyway, I held it for almost 7 hours, so I'm assuming it's just as good as FMU.

#307 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 05:29 PM

So I just realized that even though I won't get a for Christmas I just might O on Christmas. So I *could* end up w/ a Christmas miracle... or not.

This time around I'm charting. It's cd2 and I'm wishing I would just be done w/ AF already. ugh.

is there any benefit to having more than one place to chart? Like charting at FF and at another place? Any possibility of being more or less likely to spot O with more charts?

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

#308 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainedangel View Post
So I just realized that even though I won't get a for Christmas I just might O on Christmas. So I *could* end up w/ a Christmas miracle... or not.

This time around I'm charting. It's cd2 and I'm wishing I would just be done w/ AF already. ugh.

is there any benefit to having more than one place to chart? Like charting at FF and at another place? Any possibility of being more or less likely to spot O with more charts?
More likely to confuse yourself if they give you two different O dates... and as long as your temping is pretty reliable you shouldnt have a problem spotting O.

Oh and welcome to the club, theres a ton of us Oing right on or near Christmas.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#309 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainedangel View Post
Not at all. The data is the data. Their detection engines might differ a bit, but you shouldn't rely on those to interpret your data. You should review the basics and check the ways a coverline is drawn and a thermal shift is determined. Feel free to post too if you have any questions as they come up. Many of us have been doing this for a long time and have read multiple books on the subject

A Christmas miracle would be great for all of us

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#310 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 05:57 PM

LOL mae totally spaced out about FMU...

Haha i've always tested mid-day lol. for my first got a positive POAS but I was 8 weeks pregnant... the first 4 weeks got negatives. WIth my 2nd got one 8DPO (roughly) with mid-day urine...

I'll be testing in 5 more days :P

Mama to a zoo!
#311 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 10:34 PM

Me reading this thread is driving me crazy! I am 10 DPO and tomorrow is my birthday, I think I am going to test! I have a blood test scheduled at my RE Monday-but I CANT WAIT! I need to test! HELP!!!

I had 3 or 4 eggs (dont fertility treatments) so, I have a 20% of twins. Aren't your HCG counts higher with twins?
#312 of 770 Old 12-15-2009, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyteacher View Post
Me reading this thread is driving me crazy! I am 10 DPO and tomorrow is my birthday, I think I am going to test! I have a blood test scheduled at my RE Monday-but I CANT WAIT! I need to test! HELP!!!

I had 3 or 4 eggs (dont fertility treatments) so, I have a 20% of twins. Aren't your HCG counts higher with twins?
Not necessarily. You can have high HCG with singletons... and low HCG with multiples and both be perfectly healthy pregnancies. usually though if the HCG amounts are rising faster than normal is what would signal that it could possibly be multiple babies

#313 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 02:49 PM

Okay, I'm totally obsessing this morning. You know, yesterday I was a cool customer...thought, "No way! Not only are you infertile but you have been sick. Not possible!" This morning though my temp was up. And I thought, "Hmmm, maybe that low temp yesterday was implantation." Yeeeaaaahhhh.

I go Friday for my progesterone draw. I'm going to try to stop obsessing until then. I mean, if my progesterone comes back at 4 I won't need to test at all which would save those tests I just bought plus that would squash any potential obsessing.

Anyway, tell me I have no chance. Please. I begging you. It's for my own sanity...

although I had a vivid dream last night that I had baby...I don't have baby dreams very often...

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#314 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 02:59 PM

And my EDD would be 9/6/10

stop it...stop it...stop it....

ah the mental gymnastics of TTC!

Jrnnr

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#315 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Bad news this morning. I may not be TTC after all.

#316 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Bad news this morning. I may not be TTC after all.
Oh no, Mae! What's going on?
#317 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hes having some problems at work and my not get to come home for Christmas... and if he does he will likely not be in the mood to BD

#318 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 03:58 PM

Oh Mae! I am so sorry to hear this.

I really hope he doesn't have to stay at work thats really crappy.

Dont they know you have a baby to make?!?!

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#319 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 04:26 PM

Oh Mae... (((hugs))) I'll be crossing my fingers that all works out for you and DF.

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

#320 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 04:55 PM

Mae - BOOOOOO! NOOOOOO!

AFM - I need to pop in on a conference call in like... well, now.

But I found a dollar tree near me this PM, and of course POAS.

Original
Tweaked
Invert

I think I can see something in tweaked and invert. IRL whatever "it" is is realllllly light, though. Like, you can barely see it.

Oh, who knows. SMU and only a 3 hour hold. Will pee again tomorrow AM!

Be back in about an hour... xoxoxo!

#321 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Jenne - On I hope so! I understand not wanting to get your hope up, but sometimes it passes the time If your progesterone is 4, is that too low to start you on suppositories? Or is it too late in your cycle?

Mae - So sorry to hear that. I do hope he makes it home for Christmas and then you can use your womanly ways to get a little BDing in.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

#322 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ladies/l-1.jpg

just a matter of time!

#323 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Thanks!! but hmmm.... It's like... diagonal?

Sh*t. Need to take a breath and work! Be back soon! MUAHHHH!

#324 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 05:30 PM

ok...im so confused. I bought a good digital test yesterday went home and took it! or did it! LOL neg. but my Af is not here and my boobs still hurt. I am not 2 days late. Whats up????

a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:273:"
a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:164:"Wife to H Antonio:, Mother to DD Kathleen 12,: DD Yoseleen 9,
DD Jasmeen 5, and DS Anthony 2,";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";s:8:"featured";s:0:"";}
";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";...
#325 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mami_guera View Post
ok...im so confused. I bought a good digital test yesterday went home and took it! or did it! LOL neg. but my Af is not here and my boobs still hurt. I am not 2 days late. Whats up????
Hmm.... well, some digis aren't as sensitive as others. Also, are you sure on you ovulation date? (are you charting?)

#326 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Hmm.... well, some digis aren't as sensitive as others. Also, are you sure on you ovulation date? (are you charting?)
Well I am not positive on O date. I am going off of a 28 day cycle and last Af on the 17 of Nov. That put me at the 1st of December. I know it was around those days because of the mucus...just not exactly sure what day it was. I bought the "test 5 days before ur period" test. I can remember for sure if it was First Response or not.

a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:164:"Wife to H Antonio:, Mother to DD Kathleen 12,: DD Yoseleen 9,
DD Jasmeen 5, and DS Anthony 2,";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";s:8:"featured";s:0:"";}
#327 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 06:20 PM

But if I am feeling the soreness and queasy stomach shouldn't it have shown up by now? I am leaving to Mexico on Friday and I really want to be sure before I leave.....

#328 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
But if I am feeling the soreness and queasy stomach shouldn't it have shown up by now? I am leaving to Mexico on Friday and I really want to be sure before I leave.....
Maybe maybe not, since you do not know for sure when you Oed your AF may very well not even be late. And pregnant or not, you would not be far enough past O to get a BFP or AF

#329 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Hmmm... well, it cloud be that you ovulated later than you think (sometimes fertile CM dries up before O) or it could be that your pg and just don't have enough HCG built up yet to show on an HTP. I think you should just try to hang in there a couple of days and see what happens!

Or, get some $tree tests and plan to pee on them every day, like I am planning. Lol.

Good luck!!!

#330 of 770 Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Hmmm... well, it cloud be that you ovulated later than you think (sometimes fertile CM dries up before O) or it could be that your pg and just don't have enough HCG built up yet to show on an HTP. I think you should just try to hang in there a couple of days and see what happens!

Or, get some $tree tests and plan to pee on them every day, like I am planning. Lol.

Good luck!!!
LOL....I already have a stash I plan on using and then on Friday I want to take the other digital one!! Thanks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page