Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2009, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Even if I DID get in today, my OB sends the blood to a lab that takes 24-48 hours for results (I waited about 36 hours for my 1st beta result when I had the chemical). So you wouldn't know tomorrow anyhow.

No internet while you're away? I'd go nuts. Lol.
Ask for a STAT beta! It usually only takes a few hours. I'm still waiting for the results of mine today, anxiously.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

Old 12-18-2009, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan sacha View Post
Ask for a STAT beta! It usually only takes a few hours. I'm still waiting for the results of mine today, anxiously.
When you live too far from the lab (like I do) thats just not possible. Myself if I want one sooner, I have to drive all the way to the hospital (2 towns over) to have it done. And unless its an emergency (such as possibly ectopic) they would find no reason to do such.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:22 AM

Well lol ok back from work... lol I'm a nurse on a women's surgical floor lol so here's my thoughts lyndz.

If your chart is truely accurate... (i think maybe a couple days later on O... but I"m new at charting so not sure)...

Anyways I'd be worried about so many seemingly light positive tests and not one good positive. If you are indeed pregnant (which I suspect) you need to get your numbers done. Because if they aren't going up quick enough you could have an ectopic pregnancy. (usually those don't double). So I'd call your doc and say I have gotten multiple light pregnancy tests i've been charting so I know my dates and I think something isn't right could I get some labwork to figure out what is going on. Most docs will be ok... don't lie lol that makes it harder for them to trust you in the future.

That being said... holy crap am I nauseous today. like ALL day long. Its pretty yucky. And my temp went up today too here is my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c0fa4

Ooh mae I'm excited for you tomorrow!!

Rylee what did your FRER say?

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:14 AM

Aaaaahhhhhhhrrggghh!
How am I ever going to survive the next 2 weeks???!!!

Just got my IUI done today and feeling the urge to test just so I can stare at two little lines, even the false ones that would undoubtably come from my trigger shot!

Ok, deep breath.... In ... Out.....

This is gonna be hard

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 12-19-2009, 02:07 AM

mp, that song is AWESOME

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 12-19-2009, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
oh it was a stark white test. i lol'ed about it, actually...
of course i poas 3-4 days before AF is due, in the middle of the afternoon, after drinking a coffee and peeing 45 minutes earlier.

so that was a huge waste of 8 bucks. hahaha.
oh well...i'll poas on the 22 or the 23 i suppose if AF isn't here yet.
in the MORNING.

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 12-19-2009, 03:41 AM

Rylee, I so would try again in the morning... I was so cheap, I peed on the same stick again with DS a day later and it showed the second line... Btw today I saw the FRER really cheap at Walmart (don't like the place, but money doesn't exactly grow on trees!)...

Anyway, what do you think about those tests here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...CV6C6&v=glance
Did anyone try them? I cannot find the sensitivity... We are currently neither trying nor avoiding, letting things happen, but will actively try by March (I got some ovulation sticks for that already)....
Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

they look similar to my saveontests ones which sensitivity is 20

ive tried them knowing 100% im not pregnant and not even gotten a questionable line (sort of a control, to test that)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:23 AM

Adorkable- I say go for it! I tested each day (sometimes twice ) after my trigger. I wanted 1) to see what a positive test would look like and 2) to know the *moment* the hcg was gone so that I would know any positive after that point was *real*. I saw if you have some $store or internet cheapies give in to that oh, so, primal urge!!!

Mae- Have fun...don't do anything I wouldn't do (remember Santa's jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live!)... Thanks for the song! That rocks!

Lyndzies- Hang in there! Wow. This is tough. I'm praying for you...

I missed my call from the doctor's office today--my phone only rang 1 time before answering machine picked up so I don't have my progesterone results. Oh, well. I guess that's what Monday is for, huh? I'm totally setting myself up for future disappointment by focusing on the fact that next cycle will be the one! Oh, well, it's making for nice thoughts now...

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Old 12-19-2009, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
yeah, i laughed mostly because i actually think i am pregnant...or if i am not i will be VERY shocked. TMI: my areolas look HUGE to me and a different colour...like darkish pink...strange..

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 12-19-2009, 05:01 AM

Yeah I couldn't really not test, 1$ was surely worth the joy of having a BFP to meditate on! And ok this is sad, but it looked so pretty... Yeah I know sad

anyway I'm sure I'll test every other day at least till it is bfn again and go hog wild.

For right now I'm just dealing with O / IUI cramps like hell. So a glass of wine advil and a heat pad are my friend right now, hopefully a last goodbye to all three

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 12-19-2009, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
nia - I get mine on Amazon from Formosa Med - same price as those - They look exactly the same and they're also 20mIU/ml.

Jenne - Boo on the missed phone call. I hate having to wait on stuff like that over the weekend. Hopefully the results are worth waiting for.

ryleeee -

Adorkable - I would have done it too .. and over and over again

mae - I missed the actual post but think I saw that you're definitely reuniting with your DF? Wonderful news.

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:42 AM

turnquia - I dunno, I think that 15dpo (if that is what I am. If there's a chance I O'ed on CD20, then I'm 11dpo) is still a little early to be really worried about much of anything. As obsessed as I've been, I do know that, for some women, it's still early for ANY BFP let alone light BFPs.

Your chart looks good so far! And I think the yucky nauseous feeling is a great sign! FX for you.

Jenne - thanks for the prayers!

I am so impressed by your attitude re: missing the phone call! I'd be so frustrated. But you're right, you'll be able to talk to them on Monday.

Oh, and although I know what you mean about setting yourself up for disappointment (I do it every month!) but it's the only thing that keeps me going...

AFM - I'm so proud of myself. I didn't test yet today! I just temped, pee'd and then got myself some tea. I kinda want to see how the morning goes (usually I get AF by noon on the 15th day, if a 14 day LP). So I'm just sitting here in a holding pattern. Temp's still up today. Don't FEEL like AF is on her way, but who knows. Bbs hurting more today. Cream (no tinge) CM.

Aaaaannnnnd... that's about it.

Happy WEEKEND, everyone!!!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 AM

Lyndzies, you're killing me, test already!! I am snowed in (over a foot ) and I need something to obsess over I am following you from the BSL thread. I hope you test this afternoon when you are more likely to get a good line

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 12-19-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
turnquia - I dunno, I think that 15dpo (if that is what I am. If there's a chance I O'ed on CD20, then I'm 11dpo) is still a little early to be really worried about much of anything. As obsessed as I've been, I do know that, for some women, it's still early for ANY BFP let alone light BFPs.

Your chart looks good so far! And I think the yucky nauseous feeling is a great sign! FX for you.

Jenne - thanks for the prayers!

I am so impressed by your attitude re: missing the phone call! I'd be so frustrated. But you're right, you'll be able to talk to them on Monday.

Oh, and although I know what you mean about setting yourself up for disappointment (I do it every month!) but it's the only thing that keeps me going...

AFM - I'm so proud of myself. I didn't test yet today! I just temped, pee'd and then got myself some tea. I kinda want to see how the morning goes (usually I get AF by noon on the 15th day, if a 14 day LP). So I'm just sitting here in a holding pattern. Temp's still up today. Don't FEEL like AF is on her way, but who knows. Bbs hurting more today. Cream (no tinge) CM.

Aaaaannnnnd... that's about it.

Happy WEEKEND, everyone!!!

Lyndzie I meant more if it keeps up... and your leaning towards being 15DPO and say it keeps up for another week or more. LOL because man If I were in your shoes I'd be going nuts! I'm 9DPO and man I'm already wanting to pee on another test. I've been nauseous bad for 3 days. (worse than any of my other pregnancies) and the stomach flu is going around but i have none of those other symptoms.

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:07 AM

Okay, well... yesterday's test was a BFN. Nothing to report. Today, though... it's a faint faint FAINT maybe. I think. Unless I'm making up invisible lines!

I'm 10 DPO today, temps still up.

Don't pay attention to the dent/dark spot next to the control line. Annoying, but that's not the line I'm seeing.

Do YOU see a line??

Normal
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/v...19_10dpo_a.jpg

Tweaked
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/v...19_10dpo_b.jpg

Inverted
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/v...19_10dpo_c.jpg

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
Old 12-19-2009, 11:10 AM

Beloved - if no AF, I'll probably POAS this afternoon. About to come over to BSL and post in a second.

turnquia - I gotcha! Yeah, if I'm still in this situation 4 days from now (because that would account for if I O'ed on CD20) THEN I'll start being more "WTF????" and call my OB.

MI_Dawn - I TOTALLY see what you are seeing, girl! it gets darker!!!!!!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Beloved - if no AF, I'll probably POAS this afternoon. About to come over to BSL and post in a second.
Don't neglect us

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
Don't neglect us
NEVER!!

I am just trying to keep my EXTREME obsession confined to one area! Lol.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:56 AM

Lyndzies: Thinking of you!

Adorkable: Good luck with your 2WW! Mine ends Monday thank god! Let us know when you get a neg. I am curious how long trigger stays in your system!

My Update, So after taking a FRER wed., a Answer and a FRER Thursday, an Answer Fridday--all positive, but still trying not to get my hope up!!

I took a digital pregnancy test today, got a "pregnant" staring at me. This is 13 or 14 DPO now, 2 weeks post IUI!!! I hope it's true, I am believeing more and more and think I will stop testing now until my blood test on Monday!
Old 12-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Ok lol my friend wants me to POAS with how nauseous I am and she bought me 15 tests lol... sooo i'm going to POAS in a little bit I'm going to see how long I can hold it. I should show you all the pics of my tests at 8DPO with my DS. They were pretty good ones.

Oooh... Mae can you list DPO and % of getting a positive FRER in a nice little list for us maybe even keep it on page one of the thread I tried to google search it and couldn't find it.

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-19-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

MI_Dawn maybe... yay hope to hear good news from you by the time I get back too!

Will be starting to pack up soon. DFs mom invited us to go swimming before we go meet DF and his brother at the airport. (This is, to say the least, a very odd invitation for me. I think it will be the first time in my entire life to go swimming in December. In Chicago, no less!)

I dont have much packing to do, of course, since we will just be staying at the hotel tonight then going to my dads house tomorrow... but I still have to remember: holiday clothes, swim suits, Christmas gifts for my dads house and most of all my THERMOMETER!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2009, 12:29 PM

lol ok finding the test pictures is out for now I cannot find the cord for my external hard drive.... if DH calls back then I can post later. They were an easy positive to see in person it took a bit of work to get a picture of but i made it happen.

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-19-2009, 12:33 PM

Oh MI dawn.. I see it!

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-19-2009, 12:55 PM

Man, this thread is busy! I feel so out of the loop here being waiting to O still.

Lyndzies, soooo can't wait for you to POAS!

MI_Dawn, I totally see it!! Test, test, test!

I'm going back to twiddle my thumbs and live vicariously through those of you who are testing. Fortunately, I ordered a bunch of tests a few days ago, so that gives me some other kind of obsession outlet. That, and the mountain of holiday prep stuff that I have to get done.

Baby dust to all!!! Keep posting.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:02 PM

Good luck Mae!! You are my go-to gal for BDing and such hope you have a good time!

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Old 12-19-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnquia View Post
Ok lol my friend wants me to POAS with how nauseous I am and she bought me 15 tests lol... sooo i'm going to POAS in a little bit I'm going to see how long I can hold it. I should show you all the pics of my tests at 8DPO with my DS. They were pretty good ones.
So, how long til you pee?

AFM- I'm anxiously waiting for O day to get here so I can anxiously await 6dpo so I can start testing. That being said, if 6dpo ends up being before the new year I'll wait til the morning of Jan 1st to test. I think. DH has said that since a won't be under the tree, it would be cool to ring in the new year with one. I agree.

Oh! A quick temp question- I temped an hour later than usual this AM. But I got about the same amount of sleep before waking. Should I leave it as is or should I edit the temp?

Amanda : mom to : ds's 14, 12, 9, 1 & dd6

Old 12-19-2009, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
Good luck Mae!! You are my go-to gal for BDing and such hope you have a good time!
Thank you

I am so excited... this will be the first time I ever get to spend Christmas WITH him... before we had to do opening presents while on the phone with him so he could hear their reactions... and last year we ended up giving them several of their presents just after thanksgiving (including an xbox 360 thats really mine but they get to play too lol) just so he could be here for them to hug.

Oh man.... barely over 12 hours until he is in my arms again! Spending 4 days with him in November was such a tease... at least this time I get 14 days with him!

Old 12-19-2009, 01:29 PM

Okay, I'm back. Someone please talk me through a very minor freak out.

I woke up this morning (CD12) with EWCM, but very calmly and rationally reminded myself that LAST cycle I also had EWCM on CD12, followed by a minor temp spike (for two days, which I eventually discarded), but did not actually ovulate until CD25 or something.

So anyway, I just went potty again and had yet another patch of very, very stretchy EWCM. I don't have any OPKs, and don't have a car this morning, and also just ordered like 100 opks, so hitting the $tree isn't actually feasible.

In addition, there is literally NO time to BD today. I guess maybe late tonight. I'm worrying. And, if my temp gets any lower, I'll probably die tomorrow.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1aad2c

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!

User Tag List